Becoming Popular ✔ (EDITING)

By Mona-Mae

[As promoted by @theduffmovie profile] *Book 1 of the Becoming Series* Vivienne Lanter is a geek. Glasses, ba... More

EDITING IN PROGRESS
Introduction
Chapter One - "What are doing, getting condoms from Annie?"
Chapter Two - "Excuse me! My hair does not look like a dead squirrel!"
Chapter Three- "Hey! Not everyone likes to prance around in their underwear!"
Chapter Four-"Well Lanter, it's time to start Mission Get Cool"~Part One
Chapter Five-"Mission Get Cool"~Part Two
Chapter Six-"Yeah that makes a lot more sense, he's a crazy cat feeder"
Chapter Seven-"I could teach you to kiss"
Chapter Eight-"I...uh...you and me...us..."
Chapter Nine-"Are you going to be my sister now?"
Chapter Ten-"No it's clearly mouthwash"
Chapter Eleven-"Probably his dick"
Chapter Twelve-"You look beautiful right now Vivienne"
Chapter Thirteen-"We shouldn't kiss"
Chapter Fourteen-"I'm kind of wishing that you kissed me first right now"
Chapter Fifteen-"You know we could do so much more with that tongue"
Chapter Sixteen-"But you didn't let him"
Chapter Seventeen-"Well that's how I roll"
Chapter Eighteen-"It's the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana"
Chapter Nineteen-"Don't you want to tame it then Lanter?"
Chapter Twenty-"I thought we couldn't kiss"
Chapter Twenty One-"Did you get frisky with him?"
Chapter Twenty Two-"At least I know you're my Mr Right"
Chapter Twenty Three-"And I have no idea about your granny panties"
Chapter Twenty Four-"Vivienne"
Chapter Twenty Five-"Do I have you there for me too?"
Chapter Twenty Six-"Clearly not otherwise I'd be a transvestite"
Chapter Twenty Seven-"Barbie is intense"
Chapter Twenty Eight-"Lanter, is that you?"
Chapter Twenty Nine-"I was hoping it would"
Chapter Thirty-"Anything for my Vivienne"
Chapter Thirty One-"So that's a yes?"
Chapter Thirty Two-"You're still a queen in my eyes"
Chapter Thirty Three-"Of course I do"
Chapter Thirty Five-"Definitely"
Conclusion
An IMPORTANT Notice

Chapter Thirty Four-"So was he any good in bed?"

223K 6.1K 3.3K
By Mona-Mae

***Thanks to YeahThisChickBad for the awesome banner! I totes love it, don't you?***

~Dedicated to sappy romances that make you smile no matter what~

Chapter Thirty-Four

It was one of those awkward moments where you felt yourself choking on your own words and blushing furiously just because of the situation you tried to recall made you feel that funny tumbling in your stomach and cause your heart to race wildly like a thousand galloping horses. I was going through that moment ever since Juliet barged into my bedroom where she then shut the door and woke me up from a blissful slumber by hitting me on the head with Mr Wiggles.

Ever since the night of Prom, everything felt like it was a hundred times better. I mean yes there were still moments where I stuttered and felt utterly embarrassed but there were those new moments where my mind would somehow wander back to that night and remind me of every single thing I did and cause a blush to spread across my cheeks and a smile so wide I swear it looked like I was doing something wrong underneath the sheets.

Gross. Did you just think that Viv? Very perverse and considering the fact that you actually did do the dirty under the sheets with Sean, that is very gross. Not that you didn’t like it. Admit it Viv, you were in love with having Sean naked and there next to you and kissing you senseless. It was the best night of your life and you wished you could relive it over and over again. You’re a complete and utter pervert Vivienne Lanter-

“Earth yo Vivienne,” Juliet called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I grinned sheepishly before I replied, “Sorry…I was daydreaming…”

A mischievous look passed through Juliet’s green eyes before she spoke, “Daydreaming about Prom huh…?”

I glanced away from Juliet’s piercing and knowing eyes. So maybe I hadn’t yet told her about what had happened but in my defence I was dead tired. Then there was mum getting married just around the corner, meaning that I had to help in every way possible and that mainly included babysitting Holly because the adorable little munchkin wouldn’t let anyone except her ‘sister’ to play nanny to her.

“Maybe…” I finally replied.

Juliet leaned closer then grinned, “What happened,” she finally asked.

I bit my lower lip nervously then mumbled, “I uhm…you know…we talked…”

“Yeah right, I’m sure you just talked Sean’s ear off the entire night,” Juliet scoffed.

“Is that so hard to believe?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Juliet rolled her eyes but I could see the amusement in them as she answered, “Of course not Viv,” before she smirked, “but the fact that you were walking like you had to pee said otherwise.”

“Maybe I had to pee,” I retorted, “I have a weak bladder Jules.”

“Don’t remind me,” Juliet replied with a shudder, “Remember that time back when we were watching ‘The Bride of Chucky’ and you-”

“Okay,” I cut her off, “point taken.”

Juliet laughed slightly before she demanded, “So what happened Viv and don’t leave out any details!”

Suddenly I felt like I had been caught talking to Mr Wiggles and I moved around in my position in bed. I wrung my hands together before I sighed and glanced up at Juliet who was staring at me with expectant eyes. Just do it Viv. Tell her what happened like a mature young adult and remember don’t leave out any details. Juliet’s your best friend, she deserves to know what happened and let’s not forget the fact that you have been secretly dying to tell her-

“Sean and uh…I…we…together…bed…” I stumbled, “…stuff…and…” I sucked in a breath, “…we did it.”

Staring at me like I was an alien, Juliet finally asked, “Did it?”

I covered my face with my hands before I replied through my fingers, “Fine we had sex, are you happy now?”

Juliet squealed like the little girl she was before she flung her arms around my shoulders and gushed, “I knew it! I mean at first I thought that you just got drunk and slept the night away but then you were acting all funny the next morning.”

“Acting funny,” I repeated with questioning eyes.

“Yeah,” Juliet emphasised, “You were walking like you had to pee.”

I sighed, “Can we talk about something else?”

“No,” Juliet scolded, “I told you that I wanted details.”

I opened my mouth to reply and ended up sounding like a total nun, “He uhm…kissed me,” I began, “then like we were in bed…”

Juliet cocked an eyebrow but it was pointless, I continued my rambling, “And then he put his…pee-pee in me…”

And that is how I started my Saturday morning with my best friend laughing so hard that she chocked on her own spit.

Alone at home, I decided to have a day in just to myself. Mum was busy with last minute details with the wedding and Juliet was busy playing tonsil hockey with Chris and while Juliet scored with Chris, she still had her V-card intact. Not that I was complaining really, after getting out everything with Juliet, it seemed that the embarrassment had washed away replaced with my overall feeling of contentedness.

So I threw on some sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt which clearly had a face of Spongebob printed across, then slipped on my glasses and parked my butt in front of the TV. It was all going well. I had the popcorn ready, a show on fairies switched on and of course the snuggly Mr Wiggles parked next to me and then like always, my peace was disturbed by the doorbell. With a sigh, I rose up and contemplated who would dare threaten my inner sanctum. I received my answer as I opened the door.

“Dave,” I spluttered.

Dave Peterson also known as my ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend or at least something more than a friend to Amanda, my half-sister who seemed to have never-ending long legs, stood in front of me in plain jeans and a white shirt. His hair was as blonde as ever and if I was correct, I could see a sparkle in his blue eyes that was never there before. I stood there for about five minutes, just gaping at Dave like a fool unable of speech before I snapped out of it when Dave cleared his throat.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

I frowned before asking, “Why?”

And the award for rudeness goes to Vivienne Lanter!

Mentally slapping my forehead I corrected myself, “I mean after what happened…”

Dave sent me a sheepish smile before he explained, “Don’t worry; I’m not here to try anything Viv.”

I chewed on my lower lip before I relented and stood aside for Dave to enter. He followed me into the dining room because I didn’t dare showing him the living room filled with fairy cartoons and Mr Wiggles, after all I needed to retain at least a certain amount of dignity especially when I was dressed like a hobo ready to mug an old lady. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and watched as Dave glanced around before his eyes settled back onto me.

“We need to talk,” he began.

I couldn’t help but feel nervous for a second before I replied, “About?”

“About us, how we ended things and you know,” Dave breathed, “Amanda.”

“Oh,” I responded numbly.

Dave looked down at his shows for a moment before he spoke, “Look I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for how things turned out.”

I nodded, not knowing what to say, I kept quiet.

Dave continued, “I didn’t mean to hurt you Viv but come on, don’t lie to yourself, we both knew that it wasn’t working out.”

“Well yeah…” I trailed off guiltily.

“And then there was the constant fact that you were with Sean,” Dave elaborated, “and the whole kiss you shared-”

“Okay Dave,” I cut in, finally feeling my cheeks heat up, “I get the point. We weren’t working out and you came to apologise.”

“Exactly,” he replied, “apologise for the way we broke up.”

I frowned at Dave’s tone which suggested that he wanted to say more, so I urged, “There’s something else?”

“Amanda,” Dave finally answered.

I felt the colour drain from my face before I crossed my arms over my chest and replied in a defeated tone, “Look Dave, I mean yeah sure we weren’t working out but there is a part of me that liked you and I’d be lying to say it didn’t hurt when I heard you asked Amanda to Prom.”

Dave interjected, “And again I’m sorry.”

I sighed, “I’m okay with it really.”

Dave looked startled, before he sputtered, “You are?”

I nodded, “If Amanda is happy and so are you, then who am I to stand in the way of your…uh love?”

A smile broke across Dave’s face before he spoke in a soft voice, “Thank you Vivienne, really, it means a lot that you’re fine with it.”

I shrugged before smiling in return and then I replied, “And thank you Dave, for the apology.”

“Friends?” he asked suddenly.

“Friends,” I agreed.

For a moment we stood there in silence before Dave spoke, “I should get going.”

I walked Dave out to the front door and watched him hop into his car before he drove off. With a smile of my own because I realised that I was finally moving on with my life, I went back into the living room where I plonked down next to Mr Wiggles and turned my attention back to my fairy cartoon while eating popcorn and occasionally yelling out ‘no’ to the bad guys.

“Honey,” my mother greeted as she entered the kitchen with two plastic bags containing what I assumed to be takeout.

“Mother,” I replied with a grin.

My mother rolled her eyes in amusement before she laced a kiss on my forehead and asked, “How was your day?”

“Fine,” I answered, “Dave popped by, how was yours?”

“Mine was busy,” my mother said before she raised an eyebrow, “Dave as in that ex-boyfriend of yours?”

I nodded then pulled out the Chinese noodles from the plastic bag as I responded, “He came to apologise about the whole break-up thing.”

“He has some nerve apologising after all this time,” my mother muttered.

“We agreed to be friends,” I explained then explained at my mother frowning, “because it’s the mature and civil thing to do mum.”

“Well I still have a jackhammer we could use,” mum replied in a suggestive manner.

“Mum!” I yelled before laughing.

“Oh Viv,” my mother laughed with me, “I was just teasing…unless you’re not.”

I rolled my eyes at her before I pulled myself onto the bar stool and began to open the box of Chinese noodles which filled the room with its delicious aroma. I heard my stomach growling before I shoved a forkful of noodles into my mouth. My mother watched me with mild interest before she kicked off her heels and pulled up a stool next to me and began to attack her spicy rice and chicken.

“Have you invited Sean to the wedding?” my mother suddenly asked.

Just hearing Sean’s name made my insides feel warm and fuzzy and instantly my cheeks heated up considerably. Swallowing another mouthful of noodles, I managed a small nod.

My mother gave me a curious look before she continued, “You seem better now.”

“Better,” I asked, biting my lower lip.

“You slept in the whole day after Prom,” my mother explained, “and then you kept complaining about your legs…”

“I was dancing in heels,” I mumbled, my eyes trained on the noodles which were starting to look like worms.

My mother sighed before she blurted, “Did you have sex Viv?”

I almost choked to death before answering quickly, “No, maybe, yes?”

For a moment, we sat in silence, staring at each other. I wondered if my mother would begin to yell at me for being silly and just giving away my V-card and then if she would send me to the nunnery even though I wouldn’t technically be a virgin. But I’m sure that you could be ‘reborn’ a virgin or something…would they allow Mr Wiggles with me? I mean, I know he’s not exactly something necessary in nuns’ eyes but I needed him for when I had nightmares or just needed to talk to someone…which happened to be a stuffed bear…

“Oh honey,” my mother finally beamed with a wide smile, taking me by surprise, “You’ve finally become a woman!”

My eyes widened slightly before I replied uncertainly, “Uh…thanks mum?”

“I always knew you liked that boy,” my mother continued, “Have you seen him? Ever since that day you brought him home and you’ve been dating the wrong guy and before you know it, you’re growing up!”

“Mum,” I groaned, “How is it that you’re the only mother who would not freak out over their kid losing their virginity?”

My mother grinned before she pinched my cheek and replied, “Because I trust you Viv.”

I felt a smile tug at my lips and responded, “Really?”

My mother pulled me into a hug then whispered, “Yes Vivienne. I trust you more than you’ll ever know.”

“I love you mum,” I finally breathed.

“I love you too honey,” my mother crooned then pulled away and added, “So was he any good in bed?”

“Mum!” I hissed in utter mortification.

School was coming to a close and with finally choosing what I was going to do with my career; I decided to share it with the one person I couldn’t get enough of. I hitched my bag higher onto my shoulder as I made my way towards the photography room where Sean was. My heartbeat picked up speed slightly as I thought about him and it seemed to be doing that a lot lately especially when my mind wandered to the night of Prom.

My plain, flat boots made s soft clicking sound against the tiled floors as I neared the room and pushed open the door to the photography room. I found Sean sitting at the far end of the room, his back turned to me. He was hunched forward, concentrating as he pulled out a photo which was too far away for me to make out. Breathing in, I slowly made my way over towards him until I was standing over his shoulder and found my eyes falling onto the photo he was developing.

“Sean,” I breathed out softly.

Sean jumped slightly before he spun around and grinned up at me, “Lanter,” he greeted easily, “I see you’ve been practising your scaring techniques?”

I shrugged, before replying sassily, “Well you’re just easy to scare.”

Sean snorted, “I highly doubt that.”

I stuck my tongue out at him before returning my attention to the photo in his hands. It was a photo of me handing Jessica the crown for Prom Queen. I had completely forgotten that people were taking photos that night. A small smile took over my lips as I glanced down at the photo for a moment longer before I realised Sean was staring at me. I let my fingers brush against the small table with photos lined up from Prom before I turned my gaze back to Sean.

“So,” I began, “I’ve decided to become a social worker.”

“You have,” Sean asked, standing up next to me.

I nodded, “Yeah, because I realised that I’d like to help people who need it,” then glanced up at Sean, “so I’m going to study in Seaview.”

“That’s the next town,” Sean commented, “and nearly an hour away.”

“I know,” I replied nervously.

“And you knew I was going there,” Sean finally said.

I bit my lower lip then asked, “Is that too much?”

Sean chuckled before I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind. His warm breath fanned against the nape of my neck before I felt his soft lips place a kiss against it causing a shudder to run down my spine. His body was hard and warm against mine and I felt a slow tingle begin at the pit of my stomach. My breathing quickened as Sean’s mouth moved to my ear before his hands moved lower to my hips.

“Why would that be too much?” he asked.

I bit back the gasp as I replied, “I thought…maybe you…would want time to yourself…?”

Sean scoffed, “To do what? Please myself in private?”

“Gross,” I groaned.

Another chuckled left his lips before Sean replied, “I wouldn’t want you anywhere but near me Lanter.”

A goofy smile spread across my lips and suddenly I felt like I could conquer the world.

A/N Hey guys! Yeah I know, short chapter but it was either an extra filler chapter (like this) or I'd just skip right to the wedding chapter and that wouldn't exactly be ethical or make any sense. So what did you think of this chapter? Was it utterly boring, revolting or sappingly (not even a word) sweet? Remember to vote, comment and spread the word if you enjoyed it!

xoxo

Mona-Mae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 59.1K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
9.7K 284 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...
380K 11.7K 34
*WATTPAD FEATURED STORY* Meet Blair Hendrix, an above average college student with a year of school left. Everything was going well for her: she was...
28.3K 1.6K 21
Trojan: Touch yourself for me :3 Me: Oh Baby, I'm touching! Trojan: God, I'm so hard for you right now. Me: When are you not hard? Trojan: When your...