I Will Protect You (Josuke x...

By FreeFlyer68

Y/n was close friends with Josuke Higashikata in the town of Morioh. Without having a stand she was left defe... More

A Turtle
It's Called a Stand
Friends
Angelo the Rock
Death by an Arrow
Waking up Differently
A Father's Love
The Nijimura Brothers
Dating Josuke Higashikata
Hazamada's Surface
Meeting Koichi's Girlfriend
A Love Letter
True Love
Delicious and Authentic Italian Food
Death and Resurrection
Akira Otoishi
It's Today
A Baby Stand
A Visitor to Morioh
Heaven's Door
A Blinded Rage
A Normal Day in Morioh
Another Meeting
A New Stand User
Morning Tea
A Fight For Love
Shigekiyo Yangu: Harvest
Yoshikage Kira
A Vow of Silence
Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost
Leaving the Murderers House
Three Words
A Friendly Alien
A Cheated Game
Feet
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 1
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 2
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 3
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 4
The Aftermath
The Killer Known as Yoshikage Kira
The Summer of 1999

A Lock of Guilt

3.8K 156 31
By FreeFlyer68

   " Hey, guys isn't that Koichi? " You asked, pointing down the stairs on the sidewalk. 

   " Huh? "

Okuyasu looked in the direction you were pointing and squinted to read the situation. You and Josuke had stopped walking to look at the situation. From the top of the stairs, it looked like he was talking with someone. They were his height, and their hair was sticking up in a block, but their clothes were loose.

   " Yeah, that's Koichi alright. No doubt about it. No matter where he goes he always seems to end up with the wrong crowd. "

   " I'm sure he can handle himself. " Okuyasu said.

Your eyes stayed on Koichi, and you saw him trip over his own feet. He fell on his back, but when he sat up, the stranger grabbed his wallet and started to look through Koichi's money.

   " You might need glasses Okuyasu. It looks like he needs our help. This could be a stand situation. "

You walked down the stairs and started walking towards the two.

   " Hey, bud, what's going on here? " You asked.

The man turned his head towards you, and you had a good look at Koichi. On his stomach was a lock, and there was a red fire glow around it, and those red flags, you knew the guy in front of you was a stand user. 

   " Huh? "

   " Y/n, Josuke, and Okuyasu! You're here! " Koichi said with a smile.

Behind you were the sounds of footsteps, and Josuke stood on your right while Okuyasu stood on your left. 

   " Looks like a grown man mugging a high school kid. Why don't you get a job and earn your own money? " Josuke asked.

   " Oh, get lost, you kids. It's none of your business so get a long. "

   " Sorry, that's not happening. " You said, glaring at the man. 

   " Not when there's a dirty little shit bag with his stand right in front of us. "

Okuyasu left your side and started walking towards the man and Koichi. His hands were in his pockets, and his eyes stayed on Josuke, but his body was turned sideways to face Okuyasu.

   " I think it's time to take out the trash. "

   " Hey now-"

   " Damn, it won't come off. What kind of stand is this? " Okuyasu shouted.

You started walking towards the two, with Josuke walking beside you. Okuyasu grabbed the lock to take it out of Koichi, but the lock wouldn't come out.

   " Hold on a second, you guys can see it too? How many of you freakshows are there? "

   " That doesn't matter. No remove the lock, you jerk. " You said, turning to look at the man.

What you said seemed to strike a nerve in him as he returned your glare and started to scream.

   " Hey, you assholes! Don't you underestimate me! Watch yourselves, because I'm not fooling around here! It's essential that criminals pay for their crimes so that society doesn't crumble around us. If he's not gonna pay does that mean one of you is going to pay what he owes me? If so, I'll let you go. Money's money after all. "

   " Oh, so you just want to get your hands on our money. I'd like to see you try. " Okuyasu said, stepping towards the man.

   " Keep your guard up! This loser already swiped seven thousand yen from me! "

   " You idiot. That's for lying to me! You really think that poor kitten's life is only worth seven thousand yen? Of course not. You owe me five hundred bank, kiddo! "

   " Five hundred thousand!? "

You looked to see what kitten he was talking about and saw a bloody bag lying in the street, and you instantly felt sad. 

   " You bet your ass, I be-"

The man didn't get to finish what he was saying before Okuyasu punched him. 

   " Would you please shut your hole!? I've had it with your bullshit, you bastard. You'd better listen to me and return his money, moron. "

The man didn't answer Okuyasu. Instead, he kept stumbling backward from the punch, and he slipped over his own feet. He fell to the ground and hit the side of his head against the sidewalk. Blood spurted from his mouth, and his front tooth flew out, landing at Okuyasu's feet. The man started to sit up, and he had blood pouring from his mouth and tears down his cheeks. 

   " You should've kept your balance to avoid falling down. Why the hell did you make yourself stumble around like a drunk baby and fall over? "

   " How could you blame me? This is unbelievable. How could you hit me? You broke my front tooth. That's cruel. "

   " Hey, wait a second, you are okay, right? "

   " No, stop Okuyasu! It's a trap! You shouldn't feel guilty about it! " Koichi yelled.

Before your eyes, a lock like Koichi's started to form, and it formed over Okuyasu's chest. 

   " He idd it on purpose. He makes someone feel guilty and puts a lock on them until they pay back. " You said.

   " You jerk! "Okuyasu yelled, raising his fist to punch the guy.

   " I wouldn't do that if I were you! If a person with the lock hurts me, it will only have repercussions on him. "

   " You bastard! "

   " Hey, about that kitten you said Koichi ran over. . .this happen to be it? "

You looked over to the bag and Noticed Josuke pulling out a cat dol that was covered in a red liquid. You were glad that it wasn't a real cat, but it made you hate the bleeding male near Okuyasu more. You hated that he used a fake story to get someone guilty to pay him money.

   " A stuffed toy? "

   " Now, to get down to business. "

Josuke stood from the bag and walked towards Okuyasu. He picked up the tooth and crouched in front of the bleeding male. Crazy Diamond took the tooth and put it back in his mouth. The tooth was reattached to the man's mouth, and there was no more bleeding. The key in both Koichi and Okuyasu's lock turned and came out, making the lock disappear from their chests. 

   " Just who the hell are you? "

   " You haven't forgotten about the seven thousand yen you stole, have you? "

The guy searched his pockets and took out his wallet, putting the seven thousand yen on the ground still in the yellow wallet. He turned and started running away, and Koichi ran towards his wallet. You went with him, but when he pulled the corner of the bills, only the corner of his original bills came out of the wallet. The bills weren't there; it was only the corners.

   " He took the bills and left the corners! He can go to a bank and exchange it for new bills. "

   " What a jerk. "

   " He'll pay. And it's not even my money." 

   " That scum. "

An idea popped into your head, and you pulled on Josuke's sleeve.

   " Why don't you use crazy diamond to fix the bills? Won't the seven thousand yen come back to us if you're fixing them? "

   " Well, that's a possibility. He has the bigger bill though so it's more likely that the smaller pieces would go to the bills, since they're bigger. "

   " Oh. . .sorry Koichi. "

   " Let's just go to school. " He said disappointedly. 

You walked beside him towards school, but when you walked through the gates, you felt like someone was watching you. You looked around the school grounds, but it was hard to find someone that wasn't looking at you. 

   ' Of course, everyone's looking at us, we're walking with Josuke. All the girls are already blushing over him. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. '

   " Hey, everything okay there, Y/n? "

You looked up at Josuke and your eyes connected. You nodded and looked back to the ground.

   " Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little paranoid. "

   " Why? What's making you paranoid? "

   " I just feel like someone's watching us. "

   " Of course people are watching you, you're walking with three very good looking guys. " Okuyasu said.

   " That might be the case, but I don't know. "

A hand was placed on your shoulder, and you were pulled into someone's side as you walked into the school. You looked up at Josuke feeling warmth travel from his hand on your shoulder.

   " Just ignore them. " He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5K 52
Y/n was living a normal life when she had to move. Her best friend called asking for help and of course, Y/n agrees and moves into her friend's house...
645 69 9
He was clichéd and common, just a typical delinquent. She wasn't fazed by him. But what if that all changes because of a school project? ────────────...
6.3K 326 29
This is the rewrite of Love Like You. PLEASE NOTE: Rohan is aged up in this fic. The mangaka looked down at the girl, finding her staring at him. Her...
29.1K 965 13
Welcome to Morioh, Y/N Kishibe! What a dazzling smile you have, I've never seen one more beautiful! Here we get up to all sorts of wacky adventures a...