Lamp and Milo (Camren AU)

By TobiJaurello

In a world full of people where looks can be deceiving, and disguises are a must. How will you learn to trust... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII

Chapter XXIII

922 67 30
By TobiJaurello

Lauren bit her lip, waiting for Camila patiently as she slowly walked out compound. They were supposed to get lunch together, but Camila was taking longer than expected. She usually waits for the brunette for approximately 15 minutes, but it's been 30 minutes and no sign of Camila.

Impatient, Lauren went up to the classroom where Camila was, bumping into one of her classmates in the process.

"I'm sorry." Lauren apologized.

"It's fine, Lauren." The red head smiled.

"Is she still inside?" Lauren asked.

"Camila?" Abigail asked, to which Lauren nodded.

"Bro, we got out like 20 minutes ago." Abigail said, which made Lauren look at her in confusion.

"Are you serious?" Lauren asked.

"Deadly." Abigail said.

"Thanks then." Lauren mumbled, walking away in disappointment and confusion.

"Where could she be?" Lauren quickly got her phone, checking if there was a message from her, but there was none. The raven tried calling her, but it was unattended.

"Laur, it's 1:30 Where are you?"

"Damn it." Lauren mumbled, closing her phone and walking along the hallways.

Her class was at 1:40 pm, and she still hasn't eaten lunch nor seen the brunette. Lauren was only free for a 50 minute lunch break, and 15 minutes of that are always spent waiting for Camila's period to finish, with the rest to spare for lunch and her running towards her next class.

Passing the corridors, her thoughts were fogged with the possibilities of where Camila could be. She ran up the stairs, avoiding every student possible as she rushed towards her next class.

"You've got to be kidding me." Lauren cursed to herself.

"There you are!" Vero chuckled, looking at the raven who was standing by the pathway, literally just a few feet away from the door of her next classroom.

Everything she was feeling disappeared as her eyes landed on a pair of students laughing and munching on their sandwiches as they got out of the library.

"Lauren?" Keana called a bit loudly, following the gaze Lauren had. Lauren's expression was indescribable, her eyes locked on her favorite pair of brown ones. Once the same smiling pair locked eyes with her, the raven's expression went cold.

Without another word, Lauren diverted her gaze away, she entered her classroom, not even letting the brown-eyed brunette speak up. She felt like an idiot waiting for someone, who was already having lunch with another green-eyed person.

"You okay?" Vero asked, while Lauren remained silent looking out the window with her arms crossed.

"Please tell me you ate lunch?" Keana asked, still no answer.

-----

"I found her." Normani said, pointing towards the campus tables by the tree.

Dinah sighed, Camila was nodding and smiling as she looked at Harry. While the older one kept on talking about something that got the brunette interested.

"Lauser." Dinah whispered, her eyes landing on the raven walking towards them.

"Can I trust to you to take Camila home?" Lauren asked, looking at Normani then Dinah.

"Of course, but I didn't bring my car." Normani said.

"Thanks, I'll get going." Lauren mumbled, hugging the duo.

"Home?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah. I finished class, our plans are probably canceled. I'm gonna sleep." Lauren informed them before she handed Normani her car keys and walked away.

"Hang on, how are you gonna get home?!" Normani exclaimed, Lauren gave her a letter T, with her hands and she immediately knew what the raven was planning to do. Normani looked at Dinah, before she hurried to follow Lauren first.

When Dinah eyes diverted back towards Camila, Harry had already stood up and bid goodbye to her. It was already 3 pm, and she was waiting for Lauren...or so she thought. Without another word, Dinah started stomping towards her.

"What were you thinking?!" Dinah exclaimed, slamming her books on the table where Camila was.

"Well hello to you too." Camila greeted sarcastically.

"Walz, seriously what has gotten into that brain of yours?" Dinah asked in disbelief.

"What are you even talking about?" Camila asked confused.

"Really Camila? Lunch, with Harry?" Dinah shook her head, unamused.

"What's wrong with that?"

"There are at least 3 things wrong with that!" Dinah exclaimed.

"Hey." Normani greeted, sitting beside Dinah.

"How is she?" Dinah asked.

"Still silent." Normani sighed, before she looked at Camila.

"Did she eat though?" Dinah asked once again, while Normani shook her head.

"I'm taking you home by the way." Normani said, holding Lauren's car keys.

"I'm very confused." Camila said.

"Walz." Dinah said, kind of irritated.

"First of all, you already have your own green-eyed person. Second, Couldn't you at least have the decency to inform Lauren about your plans? Third, it's Friday! what were you thinking?!" Dinah exclaimed, while Camila remained confused.

"Still clueless?" Dinah shook her head in disbelief.

"Your girlfriend spent the last 50 minutes waiting for you to show up for lunch. " Normani explained.

Camila's confused face began to disappear as she suddenly got pale when the realization hit her. No wonder Lauren ignored her, how could she be so stupid?

"Let's also add the fact that she went out of class, seeing you all happy and smiley with Hazza." Dinah said.

"He's nice and all but dawg." Dinah sighed, while Normani remained silent.

"Fuck." Camila cursed, standing up from the bench and grabbing her things quickly.

"Fuck indeed." Dinah said.

"It slept my mind." Camila confessed, shaking her head.

"Walz." Dinah called.

"Please don't tell me you're crushing on Harry again?" Dinah asked, with a hint of fright.

"No, he's just a friend. It's nothing like that." Camila explained.

"I'm already in love with Lauren, you all know it. Please take me home Mani." Camila requested.

----

Camila stood in front of their apartment quietly, her hands fidgeting with Lauren's car keys. She knew Lauren very well, and couldn't stop scolding herself for her stupidity.

"I'm home." Camila announced, entering the apartment. The silence was too loud for her to take. Walking further inside, she made her way to their bedroom.

Still silent, the only thing she could hear was the sound of the air conditioner on, as well as Lauren's pencil grazing the sheets of paper on her study table.

"Lo." Camila whispered softly behind Lauren who was in between her books and the paper.

No response.

"Lo." Camila said softly, placing a hand on Lauren's shoulders.

"I'm busy." Lauren replied coldly, not taking her eyes away from the materials.

"Lo, you're never busy for me." Camila said softly, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I could say the same to you, but forget it." Lauren replied timidly, while Camila frowned.

"Baby." Camila urged.

"Do you know how bad it is to wait for someone, who stood you up because they found another company?" Lauren asked, while Camila looked down.

"I'm sorry, it was an honest mistake." Camila said.

"It slipped my mind Lo, I'm sorry." Camila added. Lauren then turned to look at her, scoffing.

"One appearance from him and I'm already slipping off your mind." Lauren shook her head.

"Lauren, it's not like that." Camila sighed.

"It's exactly like that!" Lauren exclaimed.

"You've been grabbing lunch with him the whole week Camila, we only have Fridays to eat together and you forgot about me!" Lauren stated, her eyes starting to water.

"Gosh Lauren, it's just one lunch." Camila sighed.

"It's not about the lunch Camila! It's the fact that you, out of all the people forgot your own girlfriend when you're with him." Lauren said in disbelief, standing up from her chair.

"You just saw him, and it's like I wasn't there anymore. You spent a few days with him, and you already forgot about me." Lauren shook her head.

Camila opened her mouth, but before she could speak up. Lauren vanished into thin air. The brunette sat down on their bed, what Lauren said was true. She did spend lunch with the guy the whole week.

But apart from that, nothing else. It was just a few catching up, small talks and all. With one thing running through her mind at the moment, Camila bit her lip, eyes starting to fill with tears as she tried to put herself on the raven's shoes.

What if it was Lauren who forgot about her, all because she was in the company of someone she also liked back then. Just the thought of it made her hand form into fists. Without another doubt, Camila contacted Normani.

Lauren found herself walking along a familiar forest, the same forest she first encountered Camila as a wolf. She didn't even know why she teleported there out of all the place, but perhaps her mind wanted her to reminisce.Their old hometown had changed over the years, it wasn't the same anymore; and so were they.

From a few trees away, the raven could hear growls. Without a doubt, Lauren went up to the the highest branch she could see, isolating herself before using mist. A small fog appeared from where she is, indicating that she was now at least hidden from plain sight.

A pack of wolves appeared from where she was located a few moments ago, growling as they tried to sniff the scent. They weren't on wolf forms yet, but the scent they gave of is an indication that they are.

"I swear there was someone here!" One of them spoke, growling as he tried to follow the scent.

"Why would I human go deep into the forest." Another spoke up.

"Maybe they're lost."

"If it's a human, it's still here. Probably hiding or running off somewhere." The second guy pointed out.

"Use your ability Trent." The first guy instructed, the blonde guy named "Trent" nodded, before he started to close his eyes.

"Two." Trent mumbled, while Lauren watched him.

"Two girls." He added, shaking his head.

"They are humans, but they move fast." Trent said.

Lauren felt her vision blur for a split second, before she saw something that made her scared.

"Well then, lead the way!" One of guys chuckled, excited.

"Hang on!" One postponed, before he looked up the sky.

"Let's scare them a bit." He smirked before a part of the sky turned gray.

"Let's move, lead the way Vampires." The leader smiled in satisfaction before they started running towards the way behind Lauren.

"Damn it." Lauren growled, before closed her eyes and disappeared.

She was certain she was the "Human" they were talking about. All thanks to Ally's witchcraft, she was uneasily identified. But what intrigued her the most is the fact that within the pack of 6, two of them were Vampires.

It was obvious that they had merged together, and it wasn't a good sign. Teleporting on the highest tree inside the forest, the raven was able to see the area covered with gray sky.

Lauren bit her lip, raising her hand towards her left, where the clear sky was. Snapping her fingers, the sky turned gray as well. But the difference was, it was raining on that side.

Upon turning to the left, Lauren saw six figures running towards where the rain was. Fear crept her heart when she saw something from her vision once again. Like flash, the raven quickly stopped the rain from the left side, and transferring it to the left.

"Fucking hell." Lauren grunted, disappearing from the peak and somewhere deep within the forest. Upon reappearing on a different tree, Lauren quickly caught the sight of figures going from one place to another.

Being the smart one she is, Lauren quickly moved to a different position, making sure she was ahead of the figures. When her eyes landed on them, she quickly used her ability, snapping her fingers before she disappeared.

----

"Mila?" Normani asked, as she appeared on the apartment.

"What the hell." Normani furrowed her brows, looking around the apartment. Normani was about to teleport, but for some reasons she wasn't able to. Literal confusion and fear were evident in her eyes.

"Mila!"Normani called out, scared.

"Mani!"

Camila whimpered, closing her eyes as she clutched on the woman's shirt, eyes shut in fear.

"I'm here." Camila quickly looked up, her eyes starting to form hot tears before she pulled her closer.

"Lo." Camila sobbed, holding onto Lauren.

"It's okay, I'm here." Lauren whispered, she may look calm but in reality she was frightened.

Without her abilities, specifically Clairvoyance. Camila and Normani would've probably gotten hurt. With her vision, she immediately saw that it was the duo. The rain she controlled helped her track down where Normani and Camila was, as well as to monitor where the wolves were.

"Are you alright? Were you hurt?" Lauren asked, looking at Camila with worry in her eyes. Camila's eyes started to water, before she clutched on Lauren's shirt again.

"It's okay, I'm here. They won't hurt you." Lauren whispered, caressing her girlfriend's back. A small sigh of relief escaped the raven's lips, closing her eyes and kissing Camila's forehead.

"I got you Camz, I got you." Lauren reassured the shaking brunette.

If she was late for a split second, Normani and Camila would've been in trouble. Given that their scents were already taken in by the pack.

"They're merging Lo." Camila whispered, to which the raven nodded.

"Normani and I teleported to where their hideouts were. We were looking for you, and something happened. We came there, and it felt like Mani had no control of her ability. We were supposed to teleport somewhere else." Camila confessed.

"Did you use your whistle?" Lauren asked, while the brunette nodded.

"That explains why I appeared there instead of home." Lauren mumbled, holding Camila.

"You said, Normani had no control of her ability?" Lauren asked, while Camila nodded.

"It was like she was a different person when we teleported to the place."

"Something's not right."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
952K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
784K 31.1K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...