Classroom of the elite: Who a...

By ForsakenPrince_

AyanokoujixIchinose fanfic, the story starts in the second week of the second island exam. Credits to Shougo... More

Before reading
Unexpected Info
Dream and Threat
Declaration of War
Day 9: Suspicion
Day 10: Large Group and Meeting
Day 11: The Other Groups Movement
Day 12: The Calm before the Storm
Day 13: Encirclement
Day 13.1: The President's Invitation
Day 13.3: Dangerous Duo
Day 13.4: The Betrayal
Day 14: I2
Day 14.1: The True White-Roomer
Day 14: The Curtain Falls
Afterword

Day 13.2: Trampling the Pride

2.2K 107 57
By ForsakenPrince_

Still following them a few steps behind, the hike was filled with nothing but silence. Aside from the invitation earlier, no other conversation followed and the four of us just kept walking, wandering in this vast place. There's a few times that one of them turned their head, not to check whether I'm still there but because they're confused and find my presence uncomfortable. Which gives me the impression that they haven't received any other information from Nagumo aside from the order.

'I didn't expect Nagumo's wariness for me to become a handful in today's situation.'

Moreover the clock is ticking, meaning that there's no second to lose. If he were aiming for the first place, now's the right time to hoard lots of points considering that his group and Koenji's points are approximately close. Well it's within a shadow of doubt that his other members can handle the Tasks by themselves without him. Giving him the peace of mind and putting all of his focus on me, but it's an absurd move in this significant time.

I arrived at the conclusion that he just wanted to show off.

I sighed.

The possibility of him using this particular small group to delay me from gaining points by going full circle around the island is low. I just recently checked his location to make sure and found him still staying in the same block since my first time using the GPS tracking.

Meanwhile the previous pursuers have stopped on their track and kept their distance on me for a while now. I looked into the time then saw that ten minutes more and the first designated area will be given. This will give me an opportunity to predict their next moves, it's either they will still hold their ground till the last minute or will completely abandon the plan then switch to gathering points due to the interruption. Both options have their ups and downs, choosing the former gives them the highest odds to catch me but will risk those groups that are in dire need of points to descend further. On the other hand, the latter decrease their numbers and only those with the same table or closer to mine to be part of the chase but will prolly avoid the lower rankings. But whatever the option they'll choose is, I won't allow them to have an opportunity and continue resisting at the last minute.

I still don't have the information on the name of the student that is leading this large scale operation that goes beyond the classes with one purpose, my retirement. But I'm gonna find out about it soon.

Ting

The tablets then rang, notifying us that it's already seven in the morning, in other words the start of giving the designated area for today.

All of us then opened the tablet and looked at the map. I don't know about theirs though nor have any interest in knowing it.

"hmm .... I guess I'm on the wrong path."

I'd already given up chasing the designated area the moment I heard of the operation yesterday. Or should I say there's no need for me to chase after it.

The four of them also didn't change track and still continued heading to the place where Nagumo is currently in.

•••

Time passed and there I saw the figure of Nagumo standing in the place, grinning widely welcoming my arrival.

"Here you are, Ayanokouji."

I only responded with a nod and scanned the other students that were surrounding the place.

One .. two... five ... seven ... ten..

Excluding Nagumo and Asahina-senpai, there's ten other male students that are present.

The moment the OAA app was introduced, I took my time in familiarizing every student's face and name, not only in the first years but in all the years.

They are a combination of students from Class 3 C and 3 D. All of them are part of five different small groups, meaning only two members are present here in each group and the remaining one may be heading to the designated area.

"They didn't hurt you, right?"

Asahina-senpai asked.

I'm not sure if her purpose is for formality's sake, since I'm being forced to follow them here or if she's genuinely worried about me.

"Haha, of course not! Right, Ayanokouji?"

Nagumo passed through me and tapped my shoulder. Then whispered.

"Don't act like a stranger on Nazuna. I know all of it."

He expressed the sentence like he saw through us a long time ago and just decided to overlook it, thinking that it's not worth the attention. I guess Nagumo and I are on the same page. I don't hold Asahina-senpai more than just a person that will provide me with intel about the third year's affairs because Nagumo will eventually catch wind of us and it's inevitable in the first place. And if he's telling the truth right now, then so be it.

"What business do you have with me, Nagumo?"

I didn't respond to his question, instead I asked him bluntly about it.

"As usual Ayanokouji, no honorifics, but it's not important. For your question, hmm I want you to entertain me."

His gaze is now staring at mine. Those two blue eyes are full of enthusiasm, and gives me the impression that he won't let me escape until I will feed his satisfaction.

"What can a lone student such as myself do against the unrivalled president?"

There's really no need to long this conversation in the first place. All I have to do is say "yes." and the match between me and him will start, but there's no harm asking about it. I'm gonna let him show off this early, because I'm confident to say that I will have the last laugh.

Nagumo grinned widely, hearing my sarcastic compliment.

"Hahaha.. that doesn't sound like you Ayanokouji. A person that gained the acknowledgement of that man can't be just a person. You must possess something extraordinary that makes him choose you over me!"

I don't have the least amount of interest in such a fact nor wanted to boast about it. The only thing I have on Manabu is nothing but respect over his overall capabilities despite not growing in an special environment, such as the White Room.

Nagumo still can't move on from his rival's shadow and is now trying to project him to me. Furthermore, it's already too late to stay low for now, so I'm gonna give him the match that he desires.

"How do we do this? We don't share the same table so it's bound that we're gonna go our separate ways?"

I'd already made my own hypothetical answer on the current situation and it's definitely clear that I'm on the losing side.

"Easy! You just need to intentionally miss the designated areas. After all you can't do anything about this besides accepting whatever your fate is, Ayanokouji. Even if you're thinking of escaping from my grasp, I won't let you!"

The fact that he purposely surrounded me with his minions is enough proof that he won't hesitate in using force just to put me in line.

"I see.."

I no longer gave another response and returned the stare on him.

I clearly gave him the impression that I completely accepted the proposal without any plan in running away from him.

Asahina-senpai's face was crest-fallen and clenched her fist due to being unable to do anything about my current situation.

Receiving my message, Nagumo's grin reached his ears while spreading both of his arms.

"That's the look that I wanted to see, Ayanokouji... Then let's go.."

He gestured to the other students to start moving to the island. Five of them quickly dashed in different directions, it drives me to the conclusion that they are assigned to look for tasks then report back.

I don't know about Asahina-senpai though. I thought that Nagumo just wanted to show her in front about the revelations, but unexpectedly she's been walking in the same direction as us.

"I told you already, Nazuna, that I won't harm Ayanokouji. So get out of here!"

I guess she's genuinely worried about me. Asahina-senpai has been together with Nagumo for almost three years till now, so she knows him very well on the things that he's capable of.

"I don't trust you Miyabi. I'm aware how eager you are to fight him.."

I don't have a tiny bit of idea about the reason for Asahina-senpai's aggressive behaviour towards Nagumo right now. As far as I'm aware, sometimes she disobeyed him but still chose the welfare of the class over her pride.

For a person to act like that something must have happened before that I'm not aware of. Maybe in the past or unexpectedly, it's because of me.

Either way, in case they decide to gang me up, it's better for her to not be present here, or else she will be caught in the fight.

I guess I needed to assure her.

"Don't worry senpai. I'm gonna be fine."

I turned my head to her, showing her how serious I am on my words.

"Ah-"

Before she could reply, Nagumo interrupted with a mocking laugh.

"Hahaha.. is that your last word, Ayanokouji? How sweet haha.."

Asahina-senpai's mood was supposed to become better earlier but Nagumo just made it much worse than before.

"Then be careful Ayanokouji-kun,"

She then started walking towards me but Nagumo blocked her from getting closer.

"Not on my watch." he shakes his head.

"Tch.. I gotta go on my way then."

She then waved her hands and started walking in the other direction.

Nagumo's head has been on the top lately and was enjoying the current situation.

"Don't you have any goodluck message for me, Nazuna? Haha."

He continues laughing at her, but the other person only ignores him and continues walking in the other direction.

A moment later her figure can no longer be seen in the place and then we continued our search for any Tasks along the way.

Nagumo also picks up where we left earlier.

"So Ayanokouji,"

I sighed.

What now?

"How does it feel to have the pretty girls flocking around you?"

Nagumo expressed the statement like he was belittling me, but I can tell that he was jealous.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Again, don't act like you don't know about it! First Suzune, second Honami then now, Nazuna? How lucky of you.. hahaha.."

I don't really understand why everyone thinks that there's something going on between me and Horikita in the past. Regarding Ichinose, I guess things have been going smoothly for now. But for the last female mentioned, I don't know what is happening.

It's also likely that Nagumo is bluffing and just wanted to waste time in random chatter.

"But I won't deny that you're too handsome for a boy up-close, and that's all it is,"

This time his casual tone becomes heavy and serious.

"I warned you, Ayanokouji. If you won't take this match seriously then I'm gonna crush you!"

He looked at me with a grave expression. Implying that playtime is over and he's gonna show me what the current student council president is truly capable of.

Very well.. because I'm also going to show a glimpse of the reason why I'm worth 20 million.

I only returned the stare, and didn't have any plan in giving a response.

We continued staring at each other's gaze until it was cut off when Nagumo's walkie talkie buzzed.

He raised his occupied hand and answered the call.

"Here's an open academic category Task, two blocks north side away from you. Better get moving, there's only three more available slots left."

"Roger. Also make some effort so that the empty slots won't be filled before we arrive, yes?"

Nagumo didn't even do the effort in hiding his rage, and I'm pretty sure that the other line felt it.

He didn't wait for an answer and quickly cut the call. He then gestured to me that we're heading there and together with his guards, we started walking towards the intended designation.

Having stepped into the Task site, we saw different groups present in the area, ranging from the first years to the third years. Nagumo then glanced at the student that reported earlier, and gave us a thumbs up.

Moreover, he's currently talking to Hiyori, stalling her as much as possible, preventing her from participating before us.

I remember a talk that Hiyori's group and Ishizaki had merged, making another large group of second year students. But I couldn't find him beside her nor anywhere in the crowd.

I then checked the tablet and read the whole description of the Task.

Task: Sentence Completion

Category: Academic Ability

Participation requirements: Enter within 30 minutes of the task appearance.

No. of participants: 1 person only (one person in the group can enter)

Deadline: After 10 people have registered.

Victory Conditions: The participant who scored the highest points in the test will be held as the victor.

Rewards:

1st place: 10 points

2nd points: 5 points

3rd points: 3 points

Hmm yosh...

Before Hiyori will get ahead of us first. Me and Nagumo then approached the proctor and announced our Task's participation.

Ting

Ting

"Ayanokouji-kun and Nagumo-kun, the two of you are the ninth and tenth participants of the Task. Please be there for further details."

He pointed at the shaded area of the place where eight students are staying there, which is the other participants of the mentioned Task, in other words our opponents.

The proctor waves his hand to the other staff, telling them that the slot is already full, meaning that the Task is now officially closed.

Mine and Hiyori's gaze then meet each other. She only showed me a bright smile and left the Task site upon knowing that she's too late to participate.

"Let's start!"

Each of us opened the registered tablet and then the quiz questions were displayed on the screen.

1.The _____ 's charitable actions were a proof of his goodwill and _____ .

a. physician .. manners
b. polygamist .. loyalty
c. philanthropist .. benevolence
d. misogynist .. kindness

Reading the following choices, the letters b and d are clear to be out because the words definition contradicts each other making the sentence an error.

Leaving the letters a and c in the table. So now, a physician is a medical doctor and a philanthropist is those that promote social welfare to others, mostly through charity. The former is more in the medical field while the latter is in society. Then the answer is clear, letter c.

I tapped the letter c button then scrolled to the next number.

Time passed and the Task has reached its end. Everyone then stopped answering the quiz and pressed the submit button to be checked.

It didn't last a minute for the scores to be given and the result is, me and Nagumo tied in the first place, with a score of 50.

The Task rules didn't mention anything about tied scores so both of us are officially the victor, receiving the same amount of points.

"Not bad Ayanokouji. But this will be the last time."

Another student then reached out on Nagumo, and we again started heading to where the next Task is.

•••

After a few exhausting trips around the island, time flew past and it's already 1:35 in the afternoon. I also lost count on how many cutthroat Tasks we had competed but it always ended in my victory.

The most humiliating one was when I one hitted him in a one on one dodge ball on the beach. I was supposed to not overexert the strength of the throw but didn't, because of Nagumo's constant nagging.

I was originally aiming for the face that time but changed the trajectory towards his stomach, because the faster Nagumo decided to surrender or might retire, the faster the first year would launch their attack again.

Nagumo's mood is unexplainable right now, like even if a leaf falls right into him, he will cut it into pieces and go on a rampage.

I also noticed that the students that's with us have been looking in the surroundings from time to time, giving me the idea that things won't end well this time.

"So what's next?"

I decided to break the ice over the heavy and tense atmosphere, then walked ahead of them.

Since the sun is at its peak, I saw Nagumo's shadow, crouchs and picks the broken branch on the ground.

Then he slowly approaches me and swings the branch that he's holding with full force aiming to hit my head.

I moved my body to the side, dodging the attack and pushing him strongly causing him to fall into the rocky ground.

I stared at his pitiful state and said,

"Are you already that desperate, Nagumo?"

The five students earlier suddenly became ten. They quickly surround us, but the target is me, preparing to attack if given the order.

I noticed that some of their wristwatches were not working since there's nothing on the screen, meaning they purposely break it.

I returned my gaze on Nagumo and large veins were clearly seen in his forehead.

"This is the first time that someone looked down on me this low. Even Horikita-senpai didn't see me as a mere thing. You will suffer the consequences, Ayanokouji! I won't stop attacking you on all sides, even those close to you will be part of my target! After all, you're just a puddle compared to me, who's already at the top!!"

He screamed all of his frustration for being defeated by me one sidedly on everything we take part of.

He may think that he can easily handle me head on because of his experience against Manabu, who he can compete toe to toe with. But got frustrated, upon realising that I'm on a different scale in comparison to him and his rival.

Nagumo then started to stand up, but I swiftly pushed him again, and he landed on the ground.

"Guess who's on the ground right now?"

The other third years didn't say any words and just continued watching us.

"Let me give you one piece of advice Nagumo! You mentioned that you're already at the top right? Then that means that's all you're worth!"

I paused.

"There's still a number of higher mountains behind you that you haven't witnessed, and no matter what you'll do, you can't climb it! Because that's all you're worth!"

I mentioned the "worth" part again to grave it into his head that he's nothing more than a mere existence to me.

It was truly a disappointment. I thought that the current president had some grand strategy against me or at least entertained me in our competition. But sadly, there's nothing

All I saw is a desperate man that will resort to blinded violence if driven out of complete frustration.

Since it has come to this, I no longer have a reason to stay here. I then turned my back on him and started walking again to the forest.

Nagumo only clenched his fist silently, still sitting on the ground. If he's planning to attack me again then I will counter and force his retirement.

The students that were blocking my way, then opened the path, making me go through them without any form of resistance.

What happened here may cause a disruption in the third year. The fact that Nagumo suffered an utter defeat against me will be known throughout the campus, affecting both of our social status in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 770 10
art cover is mine! reader is gender neutral so this a full madness combat x reader the story it will change and not be following in order of the ac...
3K 60 10
Status: COMPLETED Words: 41455 On his twentieth birthday, a man is sent back in time to when he was the age of ten. Intending to repeat the same choi...
1.2M 27.3K 52
So... I found another obsession. 😂 I do not own BSD or any of the art used in this book! Started April 18, 2020 Finished June 21, 2021
21.9K 1K 9
Ayanokouji is no longer the perfect human, his father wanted him to be. Due to the stress of the White Room, Ayanokouji developed dissociative identi...