IN LIFE [SKZ]

By Ace_Muse

"Hold out your hand, I'll never let you go, I Promise" "You've successfully reached the Back Door" STAY is gi... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘
ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧
Complete
Soulmate
Wait
Idol
Like
Bme
Best Friend
Trainee
Hot
Sick
Dark Lover
Together
Lucky
Stars
Everything
Red Lights
Surfin'
Gone Away
Holiday
Unexpected
Anymore
For You
Remember
Bachelors
Mafia
Angel
Snow Globe
Maniac
Up All Night
Monster
Tavern

Like Yourself

25 3 0
By Ace_Muse

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1.6k

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ(ꜱ): pussy chan, self-hate, paborancha

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: y/n, chan

ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: skz

ʟɪꜰᴇ: crush

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ: love yourself Series

You know those moments when people point out your appearance and you say 'whatever' despite being hurt by their words. 'you have huge thighs' 'your skin is tanned' 'your stomach's jumping' 'you don't have jawline?' etcetera. You despised people who pointed it out and alongside hating them, you hated yourself.

It was the fourth period, meaning the next one was lunch break. No, you weren't going to skip food. Just because people pointed out your insecurities doesn't mean you'll starve to make them nice. Like you're in high school and have enough time to do dieting in the future. Right now it's teenage, the age to eat and be healthy.

"Psst...y/n...y/n!" The all-so-familiar voice of Chan called out from a few desks to your right. Having your seat beside the window and at the last row was something you found as a bonus in that irritating classroom. "What?" You mouthed side-eyeing your teacher. "Let's hang out today, after school" You furrowed your brows, staring at him. Did he want to hang out? With you? You weren't close friends with him. Then why?

"Bang Chan! Y/n!" Snapping out of the trance both of you turned to the front, only to see a fuming Mr. Wu. "Get out of my class"

"Let's go to the arcade- my friends will also come" He suggests, presently leaning back against the wall after being kicked out by the teacher. You blankly stared at the floor, it was the first time someone asked you to hang out, damn you didn't even have a single friend. "Why... why did you ask me?" You whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

Bang Chan smiled slightly at your question, looking at your face, which was covered by your hair. He pretended to sneak around; looking right and left before leaning towards you. "Because one of my friends likes you and I want you to spend time with him" He whispered making you sigh. A frown crept to his face at that.

"No one likes me- no one will. Chris forget it- I'm not coming" He stared at you for good two minutes, before slamming both his palms on the wall, trapping your head in between. "He likes you and many people like you, the only person who doesn't like you is yourself. You didn't even ask the reason as to why he likes you" You gulped at Chan's unexpectedly stern voice, he was serious.

"I- uh- it's none of your business if I like myself or not okay? Nobody likes me don't m-make up stories about your friends" You mumbled pushing him away. Before BangChan was able to hold you back, the bell rang and students ran out like chickens.

"So lover boy, did she accept your invitation?" Asked Jisung, eyeing Bang Chan across the cafeteria table. After you had paced off, he had joined his friends at the cafeteria, shoving down his fourth bowl of rice. Chan sighed looking up at his seven friends. "She said nobody likes her- she won't come"

Minho rolled his eyes and slammed down his iced Americano. "Don't be ridiculous, just say you like her and drag her out of the classroom or just- just kiss her or something! for god's sake Bang Chan!" Minho exclaimed holding up his hands as if he was throwing something.

BangChan blushed a shade of pink, holding down Minho's hand. "Don't shout! She doesn't know I'm the one who likes her!" He harshly whispered, looking around to see no one heard.

"You WHAT?!" the group yelled, earning a few subtle looks from other tables. "I said one of you guys like her- not me. Anyway, that's not the problem right?" He said, hoping to get loose from his friend's glares.

"what.the.hell.is.wrong.with.you?" Minho gritted his teeth glaring at his anxious best friend. "Ok look- hear me out, she doesn't love herself and I want her to love herself- I want to tell her the reasons why she should like herself. And every time I decide to walk up to her, my palms sweat and my legs give out I can't even look her in the eye! She's too cute!"

Rambled Chan, his eyes failing to catch a smirking Jisung and Felix, alongside Hyunjin. "But she thinks she looks bad," Jeongin said, biting off his sandwich. "Bad my foot! She thinks that because the girls around her are concrete slabs of makeup and fasting. Like who would skip eating food to look good? Y/n don't need that!" BangChan answers, shoving a chicken in his mouth.

"Look, lunch is going to end soon and I promise, if I Don't see you at the school gate with y/n, I'll choke you to death" Minho announces before chugging down his drink in anger. He was so done with Chan's pussy behavior. Like, y/n is cute and Chan just had to ask her out.

"Yeah whatever" BangChan mumbled, his attention soon drifting off to a certain table, where you sat alone, picking on the bean rice. Hyunjin looked at Felix and Jisung, before pausing the video recording and pulling back his phone.

"This is going to be efficient" Felix whispered, giggling along with the two.

Later that day, you were at the school grounds waiting for the P.E teacher to show up. "Hey y/n! Young Hoon said he likes you!" A boy yelled, pointing at the said boy. You rolled your eyes, not even caring to turn back at the mocking. However, Chan's eyes went wide when he saw Young-Hoon; who was blushing and saying his friends to stop.

"Oh look- she does have people who crush on her" Changbin said, looking over at BangChan. "Hyung- I heard young Hoon is quite nice and look at him he's good-looking. You better hurry" Jeongin said, looking at young Hoon then at your lonely figure.

However, bangChan stayed silent, his eyes wandering around your surroundings, His eyes flickering to you occasionally. "I think he'll end up just looking at her his whole life" Seungmin comments, sitting down between changbin and Chan.

Suddenly, the group of seven froze, looking at the familiar long hair approaching y/n. "Is- it that Hyunjin?" Minho asked, pointing at the two.

The seven sat in a row, watching the two converse back and forth before Hyunjin pulled out his phone and gave y/n his earphones. Chan blinked twice, trying to decipher what the heck is going on, while the rest of his friends looked at the two and the group of girls gushing in jealousy at y/n.

As if on cue, your headshot up from the phone's screen and directly to Chan's eyes. "Is she- is she looking at me?" Chan asked under his breath, eyes still locked with yours. "Yes"

And things took a cliffhanger when the teacher showed up, yelling at the students to stretch. While the seven got worked up at the other side, you and Hyunjin were conversing throughout the class. "What is he doing?" Seungmin groaned as he did squats. Felix and Jisung shared a knowing glance, communicating silently.

The classes finally ended and you were packing your stuff as the students exited the classroom. Looking up briefly, you noticed how Young Hoon glanced at you before he was shoved out by his friends. Does he like you? What a joke. The only thing that likes you is your wifi which never goes out of signal. However, what's so wrong with liking yourself? You thought, looking outside the window to the school gates.

Outside, you were able to see the famous eight friends, minus Christopher.

Chan was already making a plan to jump from the back fence, hoping to avoid Minho. From the entrance of the building, he saw the seven of them at the school gates, a glaring and annoyed Minho caught his eye. Chan let out a sigh, slowly walking over. He saw how Minho straightened up at the sight of him, now standing a bit forward.

"Oh dear" He mumbled, concerned for his neck, and above all that, he was convinced he lost you to Young Hoon. He was too much of a coward to confess and you might as well choose someone who mans up to confess first. Minho's eyes suddenly widened, the six others copying the expression. Bang Chan frowned at the change of expression, pausing his walk.

"Chris!" Someone called out, a pair of legs stopping beside him. Bang Chan turned sideways, looking at them. In front of him stood y/n, her bag was loosely slung over her shoulder, hair freely let out and most importantly he saw something far more pretty. You were smiling.

"Let's hang out?" You asked, sounding rather confident. "Wha- but you said you don't want to-and-"

"I-i know! it's just- this" You stuttered, showing him your phone. BangChan blushed, holding your phone and seeing a video. He watched five seconds of it before pausing it. Raising his head to glare at the mischievous three. While Hyunjin waved a hi, the other two did a high-five.

"I- they were just- ah fooling around- um" BangChan found himself saying. "You like me?" You asked, looking up at the taller male. BangChan stared back at you, his shyness somehow draining. "I do, I like you"

You smiled widely, taking back your phone and turning to the gates. "He won't choke you now, let's go" You chirped, grabbing Chan's hand and pacing to the gates. The seven friends howled in joy at the sight. BangChan laughed lightly, his hands tightening around your soft ones. He was happy that you were smiling. You were liking yourself.

"ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 13.3K 65
a collection of stray kids imagines: fluff, angst, mini series, oneshots, and more! my early imagines are absolutely terrible so I recommend you read...
575 26 3
Chan meets his family for the first time when he's back in the country. But with his first step in this world, it feels like he's sinking into quicks...
217 3 15
✨🎀 Welcome to my collection of Stray Kids one-shots! 🎀✨ In this book, you'll find a variety of stories ranging from fluffy moments to heart-wrenchi...
119K 1.3K 26
skz oneshots I came up with. please remember none of this is real, its all fictional, the members aren't doing this in real life. smut. requests clo...