Their Fireheart

By KShroye

In a world where Prythian and Erilea were once one, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius is the Queen Who Was Promised... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Part One Epilogue
Part Two
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Twenty-Nine

1.1K 52 11
By KShroye

Azriel

It had only been five days since Aelin and Rhysand left for the Summer Court, but it was still five days too long since I had seen my princess in person. My shadows had reported everything to me, and I knew they would be returning shortly, but I was on a tight lease. Cassian was even worse, pacing around the House of Wind as I stood stoically to the side. Rowan was annoyingly calm, but I could sense the thread of tension within him after being separated from Aelin so soon after solidifying their mating bond.

I wonder how he would deal with the reality of sharing Aelin with her other mates. I knew that he had told her he was fine with it, but now that she and Rhysand had confirmed their bond, it was something he would have to face sooner rather than later. Although happy for my brother, I was actively attempting to not think about what my shadows had relayed about what occurred in the guest suites of the Summer Court.

The one relief was that Aelin had actually verbally acknowledged that Cassian and I were her other two mates. I didn't want to think about how either of us would have reacted were that not true.

My heart rate picked up as Rhysand, Amren and Aelin appeared in the foyer. I allowed myself a moment to soak in the sight of my princess. The reports from my shadows had tided me over, but looking at her now I took in my first real breath of air since she left. My shadows sang in delight as she looked around the room, her delicate features striking me dumb once again. The light glinted off of her high cheekbones, turquoise eyes sparkling in the sun. Her golden hair was unbound, resting on her elegant shoulders, framing the gauzy silver dress that she wore. She was an embodiment of the stars, and a testament to the glory of the Night Court.

Rowan strode forward, breaking me out of my reverie. He paused, ever so slightly, catching gazes with Rhysand, who had tensed at the male's sudden movement. I froze, determined to be prepared for what happened next. Thankfully, Rhys soon relaxed, and nodded at Rowan ever so slightly. That interaction said more than enough, and I nearly sighed in relief. Rowan continued on before engulfing Aelin in a bone-crushing embrace.

My heart tugged when I saw a faint silver sheen to Aelin's eyes. This separation had not been easy on either of them.

I barely heard Rowan grumble, "Why do you cry, Fireheart?"

Aelin snorted, "You smell so rutting bad - did you not bathe the entire time I was gone?"

Rowan drew back from their embrace, smiling more freely than I had ever seen him. Mirth danced in his eyes, "Should I even bring up our journey to Mistward? My eyes watered the entire time. You're lucky I didn't dumb you in the nearest trough."

Cassian's looked between them, evidently fascinated by their conversation. He opened his mouth to interject, but before he could I spoke up, "I assume since you are in such good spirits, the trip was successful?"

Aelin cut her gaze towards me and rolled her eyes. "Like you don't know shadow-man," she sassed at me. I quirked my lips but refused to comment further. I couldn't even be surprised that she had sensed my shadows tracking her. She drew a heavily wrapped packed out of a satchel, "One half of the book of breathings has been acquired."

The rooms seemed to still as Aelin pulled out the heavy metal box and placed it on the table. The air pulsed with a deadly power, and Rhysand grimaced. "Tarquin wasn't able to open it for us. We have to hope that Aelin will be able to."

Aelin stood before the book, taking in a deep lungful of air before placing her hand on the contraption.

Hello, assassin, it purred at her. My eyebrows shot up, and we all took an unconscious step forward, as if to protect Aelin from this ancient, wicked thing.

"Hello," She responded stoically.

Will you read me?

"Not yet."

The book was silent for several long moments.

"Open," Aelin demanded.

Say please.

Her brow furrowed, she used a voice I had never heard from her before, the voice of a Queen, "Open."

We have waited a long time for power such as yours. World-Welder.

With that, the box clicked open, sending a wave of relief through the room. Aelin carefully lifted the lid and pulled out a stack of dark metal plates bound with rings of gold, silver and bronze. She painstakingly examined each page before lifting her gaze to Amren.

"Wrydmarks. I can't recognize all of them, but there are enough that I know the entire book is written in them."

Amren nodded, eyes growing distant. "I'll have every book pulled on the language to familiarize myself with it. It's been an age since I've had to use them."

Aelin nodded, "We need the other half before we can begin decoding it, but those references will be helpful. There are many things we could discover with a fully translated Book."

Their eyes remained locked for several heartbeats too long. Not for the first time, I wished I was had access into Aelin's mind to discover what exactly my princess was plotting. The entire room watched the exchange with rapt fascination, but no one spoke. I doubted anyone outside the two of them had any real insight into what they were communicating.

Rhys broke the growing tension by turning to Mor, "Speaking of the other half, have there been any updates from the Mortal Queens?"

She grimaced in response, "We are still waiting on their response to our request."

Cassian snorted at that, "Hopefully it will go as smoothly as the quest for the first half. Although I must say Little Warrior, I would have wagered that Tarquin would have concocted some sort of plan in an attempt to sway you to join the Summer Court."

A dry chuckle escaped Rhys, "It wasn't for lack of trying on his part, I can assure you. Were it not for certain...events, I've no doubt that our Aelin would have been well on her way to receiving an offer to add High Lady to her illustrious list of titles."

Events. What a vague way to refer to their formal mating. I was immediately filled with a rush of conflicting sensations. My heart soared for my brother, who looked more settled and happy than I had ever seen him. Meanwhile my gut tightened with anxiety and jealously that he was able to claim what I so desperately craved. Although I did very much enjoy the thought of Aelin being ours.

Aelin shot Rhys a sharp look but then snickered, "I got such lovely jewels out of it too, the poor male."

I laughed along with the rest of my court, but made a mental note to speak to Rhysand soon. He had no idea just how close Tarquin had been to making Aelin an offer of marriage. Even his advisors had been aware which did not sit well with me. At the end of the day, whether she accepted us or not.

Aelin was ours.

Aelin

Being back at the Night Court was a relief. The Summer Court had been lovely, but something integral settled within me once we were back within Rhysand's borders. I laughed along with the rest of the court at the ridiculousness of Tarquin, inwardly preening at having all of my mates around me. Not that half of them were aware that they were my mates, but, baby steps.

Mor suddenly clapped her hands excitedly, "Oh I know! We should go to Rita's tonight! We are still waiting for a response from the Mortal Queens and Aelin has never had a night out with us in Velaris."

The males, beside Cassian, immediately began to grumble and I had to choke down a laugh that threatened to erupt. I pursed my lips, pretending to think it over, looking over to Mor, "Will there be drinks at this Rita's?"

Her eyes glimmered with mischief, "Drinks, lots of drinks, plus dancing!"

I smirked, "Sold."

Two hours later, Mor and I had consumed a bottle of wine as she introduced me to the joys of Prythian party clothes. By the time we met up with the males for our night out, we were giggling and glowing with mischief. I had never allowed myself to become close to another female before Nehemia, and there was a subtle comfort that came from my time with the golden fae. Our friendship was light and pure, but by no means weak. Together we were stronger.

For me that is. If you took into account the tortured groans that arose from my males as the sight of what Mor had dressed me in, you might say we were a nightmare together.

Personally, I thought that was better.

I had to conceal my smirk at the males as they eyed me with barely concealed lust. I had let Mor dress me in her signature color, and I had to say that the fierce, red gown looked rather magnificent. The neckline plunged from delicate straps, and the bodice fit tight, hugging my curves. From the roaming eyes, my mates clearly appreciated it.

I caught eyes with Rowan, who looked slightly dazed. Are you trying to kill me, Fireheart?

I blinked innocently back at him, Don't you like the fashion of the Night Court, Buzzard?

He groaned and I had to suppress my amusement. That changed quickly when I felt a sensuous claw scratch at my mental shields. I fought back a shiver as Rhysand purred down the bridge I had left open for him, You look absolutely delicious my goddess. However, I do think that dress would look better crumpled on my bedroom floor.

The images he flashed down our bond were almost enough to make me blush.

Besides me, Mor rolled her eyes and an evil grin toyed at my lips. "Well, are we going out or not?"

Together, we turned and marched towards the door, exposing the rear of my gown with dipped down low, exposing my entirety of my back, ruching deliciously underneath my ass. The symphony of growls and curses behind me made my grin widen into a real smile.

Before I knew it we were entering Rita's, a boisterous dance hall with games, a fully stocked bar and private booths surrounding the edge of the floor. The males went off to capture a booth while Mor and I ventured to the bar in search of drinks. I allowed Mor to place our order while I observed the dimly lit venue. Fae laughed and chatted, dancing seductively on the dance floor. The shadowed booths only barely hid the carnal acts being committed within them while aggressive bets were argued over among the gaming tables. There was a freedom here that was more intoxicating than any alcohol I had ever tasted, and I swore there would be a place like this in Orynth one day.

As I was observing the space, a tall fae male approached out of the corner of my eye. I could feel his lecherous perusal of me and I bit my lip to stop my laughter. This could be quite entertaining. He moved closer, casually leaning towards me as he settled beside me. His hand, not so subtly, grazed my ass as he leaned his arm against the bar. I felt four pairs of eyes zero in on that movement and it was all I could do not to laugh.

"I haven't seen you here before," he drawled in an attempt to sound seductive. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at that attempt of flirting.

Without looking at him, I replied, "You could say I'm not from around here."

He shifted closer, "Oh? Not many fae visit Velaris. What makes you so special? Besides the obvious of course."

I felt his eyes drag up and down my figure, and felt nothing but disdain. Ever so casually, I slipped my knife from my thigh holster as he leered closer. I could feel his oppressive body heat as I tsked at him, "Much more than you will ever know. Especially with survival instincts like this."

With that I allowed him to feel my knife against his pathetically small member and smirked at him. His face lost all color, eyes widening in terrifying realization that he was completely outclassed.

Although I had it entirely under control, apparently this was too much for my mate as I suddenly felt him pressed up behind me. His voice was nearly unrecognizable as he growled, "Why, exactly, are you so close to my mate?"

I nearly laughed at the utterly petrified look on the male as he stuttered out, "H-High Lord?"

I think this night would be fun indeed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 509 9
A crossover between acotar and the tog series between Feyre and Rhysand's son, and Aelin and Rowen's daughter. Rayila is transported to Prythain...
49.2K 1.3K 47
10 years have passed since the war against the Valg ended. 8 months before Beltane, Aelin is given a choice by a stranger. She can either go willingl...
29.4K 757 43
Taken place right after Feyre is taken to the Spring Court, it's Amren who comes up with the perfect plan to save Feyre. She contacts two fae of a di...
13.5K 296 45
Tog and Acotar crossover. When the Court of Dreams visit the Spring Court for Calanmai they, and the other High Lords, and High Ladies are sucked int...