Bird by the Window (Young Jus...

By onetwothreewriting

(Nightwing x OC) (Young Justice Fanfiction) My name is Calypso, and I'm not a good girl. My father is Harvey... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Official Art and Official Costume Design
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter X
Chapter 14
A/N
PROLOGUE

Chapter 9

1K 27 10
By onetwothreewriting

(A/N: Sorry for the late update. :) My Lenten sacrifice was to follow my parent's rules better and one of them was to not write until the start of our Summer, so since my last chappie went up on Ash Wednesday... You get the point. Enjoy!!!)

SLADE'S POV

I closed the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. She's fine. No. She's not fine. She's hurt.

I knew that kind of behavior.

I did that before.

She was hurt inside. Her father.... Biologically.... He hurt her.

At least she confronted him.  And she didn't let him hurt her.

I heard a little squeal inside the room, probably one that didn't mean to come out and I smiled to myself.

"I'm amazed on how she gets over things quickly.... Or... How good she can hide it." I muttered and let go of the door handle.

"Next mission." I said and walked away. At least, I had a reason, besides money, to keep succeeding in my missions.

———

Earlier...

HARVEY'S POV

I walked away from the two who let me out of that living hell. My face still throbbed and hurt with the blows I received. My neck hurt because of that brat's sword.

I turned a corner and out of their line of sight.

"Fuck them." I continued walking and spit out blood on the sidewalk. I couldn't believe I still had some blood in my mouth. "Who the fuck do they think they are. That man, Deathstroke. I've heard of him, but that girl..." I was talking to myself again.

"That girl with the hazel eyes." I told myself. "The girl with the face...."

"I saw myself in her eyes."

"Those eyes remind me of my eyes."

"Yes they do."

"Who does that wretch think she is. Why does she have the fucking gull to face me?"

"I'm not scary enough. She can take me down."

"I'm bad enough!"

"If a brat can stare me down then what more others?"

"I do not lose my state of mind when I'm faced with Batman." I turned down a familiar street, I was heading back to the closest place I could stay.

"I don't. But this girl is different. Don't I notice?"

"Yes I did. She needs to be pulled down."

"Fucking hell. I should now that, I'm such a dipshit."

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"Pull her fucking down." I sneered.

"I was confused when I saw those eyes." I wondered, my sneer disappearing.

"Why wouldn't I be. But that doesn't mean anything. She just happens to have the same eye color as me."

"But something was different..."

"No no no!" I said angrily. "Focus! I have plans and I need to pull her down. Or better, wait until she comes again."

I heard a police siren and ducked into an alleyway where I heard odd sounds.

"Well fuck." I muttered and watched the police car go past the alleyway. Policemen can be such dumbasses. At least Batman isn't on to me just yet.

These police were on patrol. They haven't discovered that we weren't in the sewers anymore.

The plan that they had was well executed. I have to admit.

She helped plan it.

"Goddammit!" I said and pounded on the wall, pain shot up my arm. "Fuck."

I went out and trudged ahead.

As I walked, I thought about what happened and everything wrong while I walked to where I was going.  "That fucking girl. That little piece of shit... Motherfucking hell." I muttered to myself each time I remembered the ferocity in her eyes.

"You asshole." I told myself and touched the wound on my neck and scratched off the dried blood on my face. "How could you let that bitch do that to you?"

"I was in chains at first." I replied.

"I know but I could of beat her up." I shrugged.

"Face it Dent. You cannot win against her if she got her training from Deathstroke. Plus the fact that Deathstroke was there."

"Deathstroke my fucking ass."

"Just saying. You're too weak to fucking win against him. What more her? His protege?"

"I won't lose to someone who mocks me. Manages to have the audacity to fucking stare at me with the ferocity and anger that I thought I had more of, and who can cut my fucking neck!" I growled.

"She was able to get hits on me."

"I was in fucking chains!" I knew I said that already. I'm losing and argument with myself.

"That doesn't matter." I snapped. "She made you look pathetic even when Poison Ivy herself laughed. And don't tell me she's better than you. You saw her shoulders shake as she saw you in that fucking state. Don't bullshit me about chains. Maybe she's right. You're acting high and mighty."

"Will you shut up!" I told myself. "That's fucking enough!"

"You're a little piece of shit. Don't you deny it."

I growled and continued to walk and argue with myself.

——

Minutes later, or was it a couple of hours? I saw the sky turning lighter. 

I reached the warehouse. My warehouse.

"Ah. I'm here." I said. The lights inside were on, probably some of my slaves were still inside.

Your eyes. I heard the voice inside me say, I managed to keep it in my head for now. I subconsciously reached for my coin as I walked towards it.

Her eyes. It told me again.

I started playing with it between my fingers.

Your eyes don't burn with that much anger anymore Harvey, only her's do.

"Fucking shit. ENOUGH!" I yelled. I pulled open the warehouse door with all my might.

She has your eyes. She's mocking you Harvey.

I stormed into the warehouse. My men were lounging, reading magazines, watching the port TV, stupid ass shit.

When they saw me they all got up and stared at me on fright.

"Well they still fear me." I muttered.

She doesn't.

"Sir. You're back." One managed to stutter.

"What does it look like you fucking asshole?" I snapped and he flinched.

I continued to walk and pulled a gun from the table and turned off the safety.

They all looked nervous. I liked it this way.

"So. All you asshats were here the whole time?" I raised my voice.

"Yes sir." Another spoke. "We stayed. No one left."

"And did anyone try to fucking break me out?" I asked and looked around the room.

There was silence.

She's not afraid. The voice in my head said.

I frowned. "Well?"

"Sir, we couldn't do...."

She's not afraid of you. You're weak. The voice whispered. I swear I could hear it in my ear.

I flipped my coin. I heard my nail hit against the coin as the warehouse went silent.

The man stopped in his words.

I was angry when I caught it. "Heads or tails?"

He swallowed. "H-h..."

You're a pathetic excuse for a villain. I remembered her taunt. A crap weakling.

I looked at the coin. "Tails."

He paled. "Shit."

I lifted the gun and without hesitation, shot him in between his eyebrows.

His eyes widened at first, blood trickled down his forehead and he collapsed.

I walked over him and stepped on his skull, hearing a satisfying crunch.

"Well assholes." I walked up the metal staircase and glanced at the still blood stained wall where I beat up the young Robin. "I would've appreciated the effort. You all just shut the fuck up."

"S-sir we-" someone spoke up.

What's the point of getting you out if you lost to a child? Weakling.!

I fired at him, the bullet imbedded in his knee. He collapsed in agony.

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!" I yelled and I heard my voice echo in the warehouse. Anger. "No speaking unless I talk to you!" I said to them and to the voice in my head.

Weak.

Pathetic.

You're a disgrace Harvey Dent. I kept talking to me.

"SHUT UP!!!!" I yelled. I glared back at my men, who haven't moved, except for the man on the floor, the live one I mean.

My eyes glinted with malevolence. "We have some work to do boys." I sneered.

Some of them managed a smile. Good.

I will play my part in the plan, but maybe....

I will see her again. I swear.

———

SEPTEMBER 13, 2010

10:00PM

WAYNE MANOR

Dick's POV

I was wearing my blue and white sleeveless training shirt and black leggings.

I rubbed my eyes and managed to get up from the training bench. I was still tired from my mission yesterday. Stupid Kobra.

Maybe I was just tired from the training I just did. I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand, I don't even know what to do. I'll just join Bats on patrol later. 

I looked wistfully back at the gym set. Okay... Maybe just one more light exercise.

I walked over and wrapped my hands on one of the bars on the uneven bars.

I pulled myself up and swung forward and backward and swung myself up until I was on top of the bar. I smirked and turned around and I let myself hold on for a while, sweat trickled down my jawline and the drop fell to the floor.

I let gravity take its toll and I let myself fall, I swung again and jumped to the second bar while turning in midair, I grabbed the bar and swung.

I went above it and held onto it with only one hand. I managed small laugh and launched myself off there and onto the thankfully padded floor, since I was barefoot.

I landed perfectly. I liked the adrenaline rush that doing those things give you, you find yourself laughing while doing it.

Unless your mad and you can't focus.

I went back to the bench, got the tumbler I had, opened it and poured the cold water on my head. 

I sighed, It felt good.

I shook my head and droplets spread around.

I drank the rest of it and slung a towel over my shoulder.

"Alfred?" I said as I walked to the training room door.

He poked his head out from the doorway. "Yes Master Dick?"

"Where's Bruce?"

"Where else?" He replied and raised an eyebrow.

"Of course." I went past Alfred and walked to the library.

Bruce left the clock open, I mean, not in its place. What the hell is wrong with him.

I let myself in, not moving the clock back either.

"You down here?" I went down the stairs.

"What is it Dick?" He called back.

I reached the bottom and saw Bruce in his Batsuit, cowl not on of course. Sitting on his chair. In front of the Batcomputer.

What else would he be doing?

"What are you doing?" I looked at the screens.

"Researching." He replied without looking at me.

"On?"

"You're bored aren't you."

"I just trained Bruce. Of course I'm bored."

"Going on patrol with me tonight?"

"Yes. I have nothing better to do."

"Homework?"

"Done yesterday."

He nodded. "Fine." He paused for a while, then he put down some of his research and opened a video file.

"What the hell is that?"

"A movie." He answered monotonously.

I looked at him with bewilderment. "Don't tell me you watch movies here."

"On occasion. But the alarm is still on and the background data check is still on, everything else is on, so... Multitasking."

"What movie?"

"Well...." He said and scratched his chin. "Rocky 3."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Yes." He smirked. "It's the movie coming out September 23."

My eyes widened. "That won't happen to be the movie I want to watch... Would it?"

"Thought you might want to see it."

"You pirated?"

"I have connections."

"And money."

"Yes that."

"And a high-speed-any-accessible-anonymous-undetectable computer, which allows you to hack into any system and get any data without them knowing you got it."

"You might want to add expensive."

"But Bruce-"

"Dick, don't bullshit me about you not downloading illegally."

"How do you know?"

"All the episodes of that TV series you downloaded are here. Your wrist computer is connected to this main computer, with a thankfully strong anti-virus program I designed, and, yes, your cellphone and laptop, I have seen the content of it."

"Well then." I scratched the back of my neck. I take advantage of my software and besides, who can wait a week for a new episode?

"I just thought maybe I'd do that for once." He said.

"Once?"

"Maybe."

I rolled my eyes. Then I realized something. "Wait. That means you saw-"

"Your messages to Calypso? I did."

I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "And...?"

"You're very persistent." He said and smirked.

"Bruce!"

"I swear I won't do it again."

"I don't trust that."

He chucked. "Come on. Lets just watch."

I pulled a chair and sat on it. "Thank you for breaking the law by the way."

"I break the law on a nightly basis, but you're welcome. I wanted to watch it too."

"Are we invited to the premiere?" I remembered seeing an invitation on Bruce's desk.

"We are."

"Hell yeah!" I smiled. "So... right now, we're watching it before anyone else...."

"And we're going to watch it again after everyone else."

"Cool."

"But you shut up about this okay."

"If I can shut up about the next episode of my series, I'm sure I can shut up about this."

"Okay then."

Bruce moved the mouse and hit the play button.

"Oh Bruce." I said.

"Yeah?"

"Can I bring someone to the premiere?"

"Calypso? I'm sure she's invited."

"I'm sure Luthor won't pay attention to the invite, her father won't go with her."

"Well I'm sure she's invited-"

"Whether or not she's invited, can I bring her? And wait. When did you get the invitation?"

"This morning."

"Huh. Maybe she didn't get it yet."

"Maybe."

The title screen played. "So can I bring her?"

"Fine." Bruce said.

"Yes!"

"Now be quiet. I want to watch this."

"Same."

And we watched the movie.

But oh boy, I didn't realize how fast I had to get over ending.

——-

(A/N: Sorry about the change of POV's. But... You'll enjoy it.)

SEPTEMBER 13, 2015

2:10PM

GOTHAM ACADEMY- Music Room

Zachary's POV

"Let's start practice!" Sir Jake said and we stood in our places.

"Hey, where's Alex?" A fourth year girl, the one who's supposed to be the soloist's partner. She looked around.  "What the fuck happened to him?"

"First of all..." Sir Jake scratched the back of his neck. "He's sick..."

"WHAT?!" The girl exclaimed.

"He had a cough yesterday remember? He called and told me everything. He came down with a severe something when he woke up and he had to be hospitalized since it was so severe.... And he partied last night, partied really really hard, until 4:00AM I think. Then he went home.... So basically...." Sir Jake looked nervous.

"What? He can't sing can he?"

"Yes... He can't get out of the hospital until Wednesday."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?" The girl yelled. Her nervousness affected us all.

"Well we're dead." Liam said.

"Yup." Nikki popped the P. She was still far from the three of us when we stand but I guess she heard Liam.

"What's gonna happen now?" Catherine asked.

"Shit's gonna happen." I replied.

"Calm down." Sir Jake commanded. "I made a plan."

"Oh God." Catherine looked up. "This can't be good."

"Well, I'm not singing with a new partner if Alex is not singing." The fourth year crossed her arms.

"I figured you would say that." Sir Jake pointed at her. Then he looked at me at the corner of his eye.

Oh crap.

"I found a new soloist..." He looked back at the class. "He's perfect for it."

"Who?" Liam asked. "God. Not me right?"

"Of course not you." Sir Jake waved the question away. He looked at me. "Uh Zac?"

"F- Yes?" I looked at Sir.

"Well. Right you're doing a six- seven second solo?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah. I hate that."

"And you know you're good at singing."

"Uh... I suppose?"

"Well. You'll do the whole song now. You're the soloist." He said firmly.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I said out loud. "No way!"

"Yes you are." He said. "You cannot reject this."

"But-"

"Come on Zac." Cath said. "You can do it."

"Yeah go bro." Liam reassured me.

"But- Who the hell is my partner? And I can't dance for shit." I protested despite their protests for me not to protest.

"Well not me." The fourth year girl said.

"Duh." Nikki looked at her. "You're tall for him."

"Can I be the first to say," Cath started.

"That you're his partner." Sir Jake said flatly. "I have decided that already."

Cath choked on her words. "W-what?"

"You're his partner. So you're dancing with him."

She looked at me, pink flooded her cheeks and pink flooded mine. "But Sir!"

"You can't reject this Cath." Nikki said. "You can do it."

Catherine looked like she was going to pass out. "Learn the fucking dance? SIR JAKE!"

"I'm sure you know the first verse." Sir Jake started to calmly flip through his clearbook if songs.

"I have to do the fucking first verse?!" She looked at him and scratched her head. "SIR!"

Sir grimaced a bit then covered his ears. "Not hearing this. Don't need to hear this."

The fourth year girl looked at Cath. "Unless you think you can't do it, and I'm sure you can't do it."

Cath looked hurt. And I felt angry. I was about to answer back or punch her when Nikki did it for me.

"Well excuse me bitch." Whoa. This girl was angry. "But you can't get the fucking pitch right for shit. You can't harmonize properly and it takes you forever to learn them since you're have such a 'high voice range'." Nikki did quotation marks in the air.

"So if you can't fucking do anything properly  and all you can do is criticize, boast, show off and be bitchy about what you want and what you can get and what you can't do, just shut the fuck up."

"You're never here when we compete, you're just here if you like the fucking activity. So shut up that trap of yours. It's better that way. Do you want me to come over there and sew it up myself?"

Nikki turned back to Sir Jake who was still covering his ears. "Continuing."

Liam whistled. "Intense."

Some people snickered and some tried to hide their laughs. Others were neutral.

"You won't hear the end of this Bengzon." The fourth year glared.

"Does it look like I give a shit?" Nikki raised an eyebrow. "Make your mom call my mom for all I fucking care. My mom hates you and your mother. So just shut up and sing properly or you can fucking leave."

The girl glowered and threw a slap at Nikki's face. The slap was really loud and the whole room went silent.

Nikki's head merely turned sideways. "Don't talk about my mother that way Bengzon." The girl said. "You're mother is nothing but a worthless piece of-"

Nikki didn't let her finish and she punched the fourth year right in the jaw. The fourth year fell down. "Get the hell out of here." Nikki said with distaste and cracked her knuckles. "Or I'll hit you harder."

The girl growled, a bruise forming on her face already, she stood up, threw a mini tantrum and stormed out of the room. She slammed the door behind her.

"I QUIT!" She yelled from outside. "I'M JOINING A NEW CLUB ASSHOLES! I'VE ALWAYS HAD A PLACE IN THE DRAMA CLUB! I HAVE A SLOT THERE!"

"No kidding." I said and Cath giggled a bit.

"Even when she's leaving she's boasting." Cath said.

"One." A guy in my voice class said and watched the door. "Two. Three."

"Yes!" Another forth year, our class president, made a fist and did a mini fist pump. "She's gone."

Everyone else looked relieved.

"Wait wait wait." Sir Jake stopped the celebration. "You all hate her?"

"Yeah..." We collectively said.

"Oh my God." He put a hand to his chest. "I thought I was the only one."

We all laughed.

"She so annoying!" Cath said to me then looked at Nikki. "Thank you Nikki!!!"

"You don't need to say anything. I always wanted to do that." Nikki smiled and looking generally pleased with herself.

She didn't even have a slap mark on her cheek, and that slap was hard.

We spent a couple of minutes celebrating and congratulating Nikki for having the courage to do wavy all of us wanted to do and then Sir told us to shut up.

"Shut up!" He said and waved his arms around crazily. "I taught all the voice classes what to do right?"

"Yes you did." Janine, a third year, said.

"No shit Sir." The only second year in the room said. I think her name is Missy? Don't know.

"Well. Does anyone have an idea for moves?" He asked. "What if we-"

"No!" We all said at the same time.

"But if we-"

"No!"

"Why?"

"Your moves suck Sir." Liam said. "I'm not a dancer myself but... I can dance better than Sir."

"Which means Sir's moves are probably worse." An alto chortled.

"Shut up!!!" Sir threw a mini tantrum.

"I have an idea." Nikki said, apparently she was over what happened, "Why don't we partner up and do like a partner dance? I mean, at the start we're all formal and shit then we start moving around, then move to partner up. Then do the dance."

Sir Jake considered that for a minute, that immediately made his mood better. "You dance Nikki?"

"I never said I was good." She blushed. The girl that just punched a girl four years older than her is embarrassed. "But I can dance reasonably well enough that I do get an A the last time we danced in PE."

"Good? You're fucking great at dancing Nikki." Liam said.

"Thanks. Liam. But it's not my thing. Only reason I get an A is because I need an A."

"So what is your thing?"

"Beating the hell out of people with my Taekwondo skill. That's my shit."

"Obviously." Liam said. "But isn't Taekwondo more on legs?"

"It is but we learn a bit of the arms and-"

"ANYWAY!" Sir Jake got our attention back. "So you propose partnering up."

"Yup." Nikki said.

"Wait. Why is everything being dumped on ninth graders?" Cath looked at him.

"Because I believe your batch is the most talented, not just the ones here, the ones outside too." Sir Jake admitted. "I mean..." He noticed the looks he was getting from the other levels. "The batch with the most people with talent. That's what I meant."

"Aww."

"Going back, Nikki, you take care of the steps." He told her.

"I just suggested what to do, not the steps!" Nikki replied.

"Well, who can make the steps... Like right now. And on the spot." Sir Jake looked at the fourth years.

"Fine I'll do it." A girl, Honey. "Come on." She grabbed a guy, probably her boyfriend, I really don't care, and went to the front. "Okay." She said. "It starts like this...." She sang to herself and did the moves. She put us into a proper formation, everyone in the back and Cath and I in the front.

We started learning the dance, and did some unintended stumbles and trips.

"Sorry Cath." I said as I twirled her around. "I'm a terrible dancer."

"You're fine." She smiled at me. "At least, better than some people."

I smiled back and we continued to dance.

Nikki partnered with Liam and they looked like they were having fun.

"I'm really sorry if I trip." I told Cath.

"It's fine."

"Now copy this." Honey said and she twirled and her and her boyfriend were holding hands and in a pose that usually ends a dance.

It's the one where the one arm is stretched out in a pose and the other is stretched out to hold the other's hand.

We did it. It wasn't a hard move.

"That was easy." Cath admitted.

"We never have it easy." I said and looked at our joint hands and back at her face, which wasn't much improvement to ease the feeling.

"Don't say that!"

"Cath and Zachary?" Honey addressed us.

"Yes?" Cath let go of my hand and we both returned to normal.

"We need to keep practicing. Your dance has some modifications. Especially the ending." She looked at everyone. "All of you. Practice your moves. I see some people are late. Your timing needs to be perfect."

The rest followed her orders.

"Shit." Cath said. "What are we going to do?"

"Don't worry it's easy." She said, then she and her partner showed us how to do it.

"Well." So far, before the ending, it was just minor changes. I mean. We're gonna be in front, so might as well make it easy or I'm gonna screw things up. "I guess it's okay."

"Now for the ending." Honey said and her partner twirled her, did the ending move of the others, then she twirled into his arms and he dipped her down, close enough to the ground that her wavy hair touched it.

Their faces were just inches apart.

"F-fuck." I stuttered. "I can't do that!"

"Why don't you try?" Her partner said. "It's just simple."

"Um. Okay." I looked at Cath. "I'm sorry."

"Don't you fucking drop me."

We copied the movements from the start well enough until the end. I twirled her around and caught her in my arm. I attempted to dip her.

"Shit!" I realized my footing was off and almost dropped her. I didn't but, instead, we both fell to the ground since I couldn't control the momentum.   

Cath landed on the floor with an "Ouch."

I opened my eyes and I noticed I was on top of her. "Hi." I said. I did my best not to let the blood rush again.... Or notice how beautiful she was up close... Or how beautiful her eyes were... Or how her hair smelled really really good and....

"H-hello." She stuttered. That shocked me out of my daydream.

Our faces were probably the distance we need to keep when we do that last move, they were awfully close.

I got off her in a rush. "I'm so sorry Catherine." I ran my hands through my hair. "Like really."

Cath sat down and I helped her up. "It's fine." She said. "We just need to practice."

"A lot of practice." Honey looked at us with a raised eyebrow. "You remember the moves right?"

"Somewhat...." I started.

"Good. Now you two practice and we'll help the others." She grabbed her boyfriend's hand and dragged her to the others, correcting them and showing what to do.

"So uh..." I stepped away from Cath to where I was supposed to be at the start. "Let's start?"

"With or without singing?" She went to her starting position as well.

"Let's try without then with." I said with a small smile.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I started dancing.

And we practiced and practiced.

———

SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

12:40AM

WAYNE MANOR- Batcave

Bruce's POV

The credits rolled.

"No fucking way." Dick said and leaned back on the chair. He was on the edge of his seat the entire movie. It was that good.

"Language." I told him and smirked. I knew he'd like it.

"You sound like Calypso. So touchy about the language." He rolled his eyes then went back to fanboying. "I wasn't expecting that ending!"

"Frankly it was kind of obvious it would end that way." I scratched my chin. "There were a lot of clues."

"Stop being number 1 detective and let the movie fool you." Dick looked at me. "That was a really cool movie, I mean the effects, the acting, the ENDING."

"Do you want to be involved in movies?" I asked.

"Hell no. I like living the real deal." He stood up and stretched. "Acting doesn't give you the same rush as living the actual thing. But I would appreciate a three hour documentary about me though. The title would be 'Robin, the Boy Wonder.'"

"What about me?"

"You don't need a documentary. I need one."

"I need one too you know."

"And why?"

"Because I'm Batman."

"Just because Batman came before Robin, that doesn't mean Batman needs a documentary before Robin."

"Maybe the movie series should go, Batman 1, 2 and 3 and then a short film entitled Robin."

Dick was about to protest when the alarm went off. "Well shit."

"We'll continue this debate later." My expression hardened and I typed away to check what was wrong. "The fucking alarm is not supposed to blare unless-"

I saw what was wrong and my eyes widened.

"What?" Dick's voice sounded far away.

"Something's wrong in Arkham." I said evenly, just to get over it. "There was a break in."

"What?! It just started?"

"No." I tried opening the security cameras in Arkham. They were all functioning. I checked the ones where they keep my personal collection.

It was fine. Why the fuck did the alarm go off? I watched the footage intently. Then I switched to the front camera, the one outside the building. Almost all the guards went out. The watchtowers were blown in the middle and everyone was rushing around. The fire department was there and everything.

Stupid assholes.

I checked the footage of the one in the room, there was a person in that room who was in the courtyard. He exited.

He can't be at two places at once.

Then I noticed something. There was a glitch and the footage replayed itself again. DAMMIT! The footage was looped, and it was a long loop. That's why it took them so fucking long to realize something was fucking wrong! 

"This breakout...." I fixed the loop so it would be playing the scene in the room right now. I saw it. The doors were open.

The cells containing Harley, the Joker, The Penguin, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and Harvey Dent were open. "Is finished." I stood up immediately and pulled on the cowl. "Robin!"

Dick ran to my side, already in his Robin outfit. "Let's go?"

I took out my keys and opened the hatch of the Batmobile.

Dick jumped in first and I followed. The hatch closed and I started the car.

"The break in..." Robin started. "Is finished?"

"I don't need to repeat myself twice Robin." I was angry at whoever did the break in.

"So they broke out who?"

I hit the gas and drove out of the Batcave.

"Two-Face, The Joker, Harley, The Penguin, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy."

"WHAT THE-"

"Don't you dare."

"Frick...."

"What are we gonna do?

"What we always do." I replied and hit the gas. We sped towards Arkham.

——

SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

1:10AM

ARKHAM ASYLUM

Robin's POV

We got there and it was chaos. The gates were wide open, there was a fire truck and in the courtyard along with police cars and officers and guards and... and... The towers.

There was a crater in the center of each one. I saw cracks in the structure already. They were in danger of collapsing.

There wasn't anyone anymore in the towers, thank God but there were still people in the place where the tower can collapse on them.

"Batman..." I started.

"I know." He opened the hatch and the both of us jumped out.

He strode to the nearest officer. 

"Officer." Batman said. The guy turned around and almost paled. "B-Batman."

Of course no one notices me, I'm the sidekick. Not the intimidating bastard. "Where's the Commissioner?"

"He's inside, where the cells of the ones who broke out are, but we could-" The officer started but Batman just walked away.

"Just clear the area around the towers." I told the officer.

I pointed to the tower nearest to me. "I see cracks on the structure, the surface area of the middle can't handle the weight of the top. They will collapse soon."

"Robin." Batman raised his voice so he can be heard.

"Just do it." I said and ran off to Batman.

When is told by his side we immediately walked inside the Asylum. We passed the corridors that I have grown familiar with, past the shitty security guard, which I presume will be sacked soon, and into the room with the cells.

Gordon stood in the middle, watching the guys in forensics do their thing. There were already forensics in the room, how long has it been?

"Commissioner." Batman said and James, Babs' father turned around.

"Batman. No surprise you're here." He said. "Robin." He nodded at me.

Finally. Someone noticed me.

"What happened?" Batman asked.

"Well obviously there was a break in, and a breakout." Gordon scratched his mustache. "We found blood in Harvey's cell, sent samples to the lab already."

"I'm willing to assume you presumed that was Harvey's?"

"Yes I did. Signs of struggle." He pointed to Harvey's cell. "Probably a cut or something."

"Or worse." Batman went past him and into Harvey's cell.

"Well. I'm just going to..." I looked around and everyone was examining blood marks on the floor. "How many casualties?" I asked Gordon.

"No dead. All guards injured. One with one bullet wound on each foot,  one has a shurikein in his knee, another has one in his thigh, one with sword wounds on his leg and the other along the sternum, head injuries, bullets wounds for the rest." He replied.

"Do you have a sample of the shurikeins?"

"Yeah." He brought out a ziplock from his coat. "Here." He handed it to me.

I examined the weapon inside, closely. "Standard assassin shurikeins. The average shurikeins. No lead on this one."

"Huh." He said and gave it back to him. "Well that's helpful." He said. "No lead on that then."

"Anything else?"

"Well, there's a blood drop that doesn't follow gravity."

"What do you mean?"

"There was a guard bleeding there." He pointed on the ground nearby, sure there were big blood stains. "But what the hell is that?" He pointed to another spot.

I looked at him.

"Well. I know it could just be a drop, but it doesn't make sense. Could be the attacker's blood." He shrugged.

"Do you mind if I-"

"Not at all." He said. "I haven't sent that to the lab and these guys haven't seen it yet, so go scrape."

I almost smiled. "Thanks."

"Anytime. At least you show more feeling than Bats over there."

"What can I say, I'm different." I went to the spot and looked for a drop. Gordon was right. It didn't follow the proper trajectories. It seemed like it fell from above rather than sideways.

I got my tools and scraped a sample. I placed it in a test tube, kept it in my belt and stood up.

"Well test that bit." I looked back at Gordon. "Do you think there are any fingerprints?"

"No. The guards and Owen say that they were wearing gloves."

"Why the hell would the security checkpoint guard let them in with gloves?"

"He's a shitty guard." Gordon said.

"Makes sense." I replied. "So basically, we're on ground zero." I was frustrated. These guys were good.

"Except for that blood drop, yes." Gordon admitted.

"When did they escape?"

"Around 12:30 I think?"

"Is that why forensics is here already?"

"Yes. I got them on the job immediately. They've been here since 12:50 since we need to discover how the fuck did they get out."

"So forensics hasn't been here for long."

He grinned sheepishly. He was about to speak again when Batman called my name, and a female forensics officer told Gordon to check it out.

We went over there.

"Well holy shit." Gordon whist led. "The most typical escape route ever."

I had to agree. I mean, the toilet. The sewer. Duh. Batman apparently noticed the rubble next to the toilet, like small pieces of rumble and moved it to discover a hole close to wide as the base.

"We need to go down there." Batman said, mainly to me.

"I'll get some of my men to go down with you. And I'll follow." Gordon said.

Batman nodded and jumped in.

"W-" Gordon sighed. "You won't go far right? And you'll wait?"

"Yeah. I'll tell him to wait." I gave him a small smile, walked over and jumped down.

First thing that hit me was the smell, then I realized I was standing in shit.

Literal shit.

"Dammit." I said and went to the dry part where Bats was. "I'm not whelmed by the smell."

"Then you better get whelmed." Batman replied.

"That's my line, and, Gordon said to wait for him."

"Fine." Batman huffed then looked forward. "We better get them. We have to get them."

"We will." I said. "Its rare that we can't find them."

Batman let a smirk slip through. "That's right."

I smiled back.

Moments later, Gordon jumped down, well fit for a man his age I might add and around twelve men in bullet proof stuff and full on SWAT gear jumped down as well.

"Thanks for waiting." Gordon said.

Batman made no reply and just got out his flashlight, opened it walked into the dark.

I looked at Gordon. "Just follow us." And I followed Batman with my flashlight open.

Commissioner and company followed behind.

———

This was a crappy escape. Pieces of clothes strewn here and there, blood markings on the sewer pipes, I assume that's Harvey's blood.

Since there were clothes thrown in different pipes, Gordon asked his men to split up and go down those pipes.

"Just in case it's not a trick." Gordon said. "If it is then it is."

"They could of all split up." I suggested then I realized how optimistic that sounded. "I mean, it could happen."

"Could be." Gordon replied.

"Just collect the pieces of clothing." Batman told him. "Or tell your men that." He didn't look back , well, he never looks back unless he needs to. .

I heard Gordon instruct his men.

"I will follow you though." He said to Batman.

He acknowledged it without a word.

We walked forward, I shone my light on different pipes and so did Batman.

Something was nagging at the back of my mind as I walked. How could all of them have a piece of clothing torn? I suppose they did it on purpose, probably to lead whoever follows it into a trap.

We moved without words until Batman had to ask.

"Commissioner." He called back.

"Yes?"

"Appearance of the people who broke in?"

"Unknown actually. One was dressed and looked exactly like a guard, Jase. Then the other was a prisoner, short black hair with blue streaks in it. Told to be wielding a sword."

"What kind of sword?" He asked and I instantly remembered the new team member.. Sword, the girl I wanted to join the Team.

Batman glanced at me to see if I was thinking the same thing.

Apparently I was. I was worried, even though it didn't show on my face. He saw my fingers drumming on my thigh.

"It was too fast to see." Gordon scratched his head. "The guards doesn't even know the girl's eye color, and I'm going to assume that she was wearing a voice modulator as well."

"Of course." I muttered, probably looking and sounding relieved to some extent.

"Also, the man... He sounded like Jase according to the victims." Gordon continued. "Well I'm willing to assume they both had skin masks on, so we have no latch on the identity."

We continued walking until I shone my light on a different pipe and stopped. My eyes widened. "Hey Batman."

He stopped walking. "What?"

"You might want to see this." This was either a trip, trap or a lead.

He turned around and went to me. He looked to where I was shining the light.

"Blood." Gordon noticed.

"Correct." Batman replied.

"We should go inside." I told him.

"It could be a trap."

"It could be a lead."

He was right of course, there were risks in everything we do. But you never know, even if you are the World's #1 Detective.

"Alright fine." He said. "Commissioner, you stay here and keep watch."

Gordon took out his gun and clicked it. "Of course."

Bats went inside the pipe and I followed.

"Who's blood do you think this is?" I asked.

"Harvey." He replied with certainty.

"Do you have any clue on why Harvey was the one who was beat up?"

"I suppose he provoked a fight, or started it or someone was really angry."

"Do you think it was the girl?" I figured that girl was pretty damn good to help a break in at Arkham.

"I think it was both of them." Batman answered.

"Fair enough."

We were walking down the pipe with Harvey's blood on it, following the blood trail, when it just suddenly stopped.

"What?" I shone my light on the pipe. "Why did it stop?" I shone it deeper, nothing. It was a blood-free pipe. I was so confused.

"It's like he either stopped bleeding or..." Batman stopped in his tracks.  "He stopped on purpose." He realized. "Shit!" A curse escaped his lips. He gritted his teeth and looked very, very, pissed off.

I studied the blood streaks, it did look like he was stumbling, but you can't just stop stumbling on the way. They tricked us.

"We've been fooled." I declared. Someone, the man most probably, told Harvey to smear his face on the wall.

I looked around for any traps or some kind. Batman was doing the same.

Nothing came. 

"No trap." I said. "This is asterous."

"More of disastrous." Batman remarked.

"We split up, in all the wrong directions I might add, and now we're in a dead end." He was pissed, he was probably thinking: How could I be mislead like this? Who the hell can pull this off?

I looked at the blood again. "It doesn't look that old. They've just been here. We have to move."

The pipe rumbled and I heard the sound of gushing water.

"Well fu-frick." I said. "We might really want to move now."

Leave it to me to bring Bats out of his thinking and into action. He nodded and we ran out the pipe.

"Did you find anything?" Gordon asked us.

"Get out of there!" I told him.

"What? Why?" He looked over my shoulder and his eyes widened. "Oh." He moved to the side.

Batman and I jumped out and stood with Gordon and just in time too, the water rushed past and spilled past us, although we were splashed with a hell lot of sewage water.

If we haven't been out of the way, we would've been swept away by the current, but if course, I could get myself out of it. (Anything is better than a mouth full of sewage water though.)

"We've been tricked. They've escaped by now." Batman said, he has no problem with the sewage. He has a stupid cowl on. I've got nothing except the mask.

His hair was probably wet but hey, it doesn't have trash in it.

I shook my head, letting droplets fly. "Of course they have."

"Maybe some of them are still in the sewer." Gordon said.

"Of course." I snapped my fingers. "Killer Croc and the Penguin can't fit in manholes for sh- anything."

"No. They're gone by now, deep into the sewers. It doesn't take that long to slip into hiding." Batman said.

I looked around, disappointed. "So I guess... We'll see them when we see them create havoc or..."

"I never said anything about leaving."

There was a subtle look of mischief on his face, barely noticeable unless you spend almost 7 years of your life with him.

I returned the look, except more obvious.

Batman looked at Gordon, all serious-like again. "You go back and tell your men to patrol the streets. We've got this covered."

Gordon nodded. "We'll just call if we find something."

"Thank you." I told him.

Batman ran off into the dark and I followed him.

Once we were out of earshot, I talked to him.

"Who do you think we'll find?"

"Probably not the Penguin." He admitted. "Killer Croc can't keep quiet, so I'm sure we can get him."

"Right." Oswald knows how to be discreet. Killer Croc lumbers around due to his large size and he can't move quietly.

We're going to find him.

——-

We kept running. I looked up at one point and saw a manhole. "I believe they escaped there." I pointed up as we passed it.

"That leads to the street before Arkham." Batman told me. "The least obvious place to come out."

I admired the strategy. "I have to admit, that's a strategy worth of Batman."

"I would've gone back to Arkham. They would wast their time searching the city for me when I'm  just in Arkham."

"Still."

"Yeah, you're right."

We kept moving, listening for sounds that didn't belong in the sewer. Our footsteps splashed against the wet floor and I was getting cold. I was still wet with the sewage and I'm sure I smell like shit.

Later we heard cursing, groaning and heavy footsteps, and something heavy dragging along.

"We found our first tonight." I said.

"And last." Batman added.

"Are we still going on patrol?"

"Naturally."

"Until what time?"

"4AM."

I sighed. "Fine."

"The prices of watching that movie."

"Don't remind me." I said. "I actually liked that movie."

——

We reached the path before the noises. We turned off our flashlights a long time ago and switched to night vision.

Well at least Batman could, I had to rely on the flickering lighting of the lights in the sewer. I could barely make out a large, lumbering creature with a long tail.

Batman looked at me and I immediately understood what I had to do.

Unfortunately that meant I have to lead.

I jumped out of hiding. "Hey Croc!" I yelled.

He turned around, his tail hitting the walls with so much force it shook. "Oh the Boy Wonder."

"Of course. No other person." I spread my arms. "The one and only."

"You don't expect to be able to take me on your own do you?"

"I believe I can." I smirked, he kinda forgot Batman exists. "Say your prayers."

"Don't need any."

I ran towards him and dodged his tail. I jumped on his back, took out two explosive projectiles and stabbed it in his thick reptilian skin.

He roared and tried to throw me off. I flew back, backflipped and landed on my feet. "Whoa. Is that the best you can do?"

He glared at me and pulled the birdarangs from is back. "Why you mother-" he threw the first one and it imbedded itself in the wall.

"Poor accuracy." I noted. I pulled the one from the wall and threw it back at him.

He was about to three the other one when it exploded, and the other one landed on his chest and it exploded as well.

In his confusion, I decided to sneak behind him and grab him from behind later.

In my confusion, I saw Batman behind him. I'm not going to lie. I was surprised.

"What the-"

Bats put a finger to his lips.

I went back in front of Croc. "Yo."

"You gave to do better than that." He gnashed his razor sharp teeth. "Don't you know I have very thick skin?" He slashed at me with his claws and managed to get a bit of my cape.

"Dammit Croc!" I said as I moved back. "This is my favorite cape!"

He smiled and ran forward.

I waited. Waited. Waited some more.... The jumped up and over him on the last second. I used his head a springboard and went over him.

I rolled and stood up.

I watched, Croc, for some reason, run his head first into the wall.

The place shook.

"Ouch." I said. "That's gonna leave a mark."

Croc turned around angrily. Not as big as the mark in going to leave on your face."

He charged at me again, I saw Batman behind Croc, odd how Bats moves, next minute he's there, the next he's gone, like me.

Croc's teeth were gnashing, they were pretty terrible too, considering the poor dental work.

I didn't move.

"I'm not falling for the same trick again boy!" He lunged forward.

"You don't need to." I smirked and watched his face turn to confusion as Batman went on his back, wrapped his cape around Croc's neck and pulled back. He put his legs around Croc's neck too.

Croc was surprised. "Batman!"

"Surprise!" I said.

Croc stumbled around, banging into the pipe walls while Bruce held on. Bats punched him in the face repeatedly, just to make him even more dazed.

Croc could barely breathe because of the cape and the punches, his reptilian face was turning... Reptile blue?

"Fuckinggetoofme!!!" He said as he banged his back to the wall and thrashed some more.

Batman's grip was strong. He held his cape in one hand and grabbed his tazer in the other.

"Good night Croc." Batman said and tazered him. The Croc roared and moved stiffly. Batman jumped off and the wires grew points and tazered him again.

It penetrated his thick skin.

I watched, very amused, as Croc did the stupid movements an electrocuted person does.

"Robin!" Batman called and pulled back the tazer.

"Right, right." I grabbed the non-breakable rope from my belt and wrapped it around the very dazed Croc.

I kicked him at the back of his knees so he'd fall and I tied the rope at the back.

"There." I brushed the dirt off my hands. "I suppose he's secure, and we're done."

"Not yet." Batman knelt down and grabbed Croc's head. "I know you're not knocked out." He said.

"FuckyouBatman." Croc managed. He tried to wriggle out of the ropes, bit it's not possible. I think at one point Batman tested that out on Superman, and it took him forever to break it. Even with his powers.

Batman squinted his eyes and with a lot of strength, rammed Croc's head into the wall. "Where is the Penguin?"

"The Penguin?" Croc chuckled. His eyes were swollen. "Left me for dead." He spat in Batman's face.

That's not going make him happy.

Batman grabbed his head, banged it against the wall again and Croc opened his mouth to yell and faster than I could imagine, Batman grabbed his wire cutters and yanked out a tooth... Correction... Three teeth.

Croc roared.

"They'll grow back." I said to him. "Just answer his question."

Croc spat blood on the floor this time. He looked up and I saw Batman pulled out his two front teeth and one at the back. Ouch.

"He left me. I swear. He left me at one point and I don't know where he went."

Batman squinted and held his wire cutters, which double as bolt cutters.

"I fucking swear!!!!" Croc protested. "I don't know the fuck he went!"

Batman opened Croc's mouth again and pulled out a large molar.

Croc complained again, then Batman punched him. Croc shut up.

Batman gave me the teeth. "You'll be doing that soon."

"Maybe." I said and shrugged. I put the teeth in a cloth and put it in the belt. "Do we drag him to Arkham?"

"We drag him back under Harvey's cell." He answered and picked a rope.

I sighed and grabbed a section of the rope and we dragged Croc back.

——

A long time later... We managed to drag the heavy guy back under Harvey's cell. I had to kick him several times to keep him asleep.

We dumped him on the floor.

"Robin, get Gordon." Bats said.

"Yeah." I opened my wrist computer and called Gordon. Gordon picked up.

"It's Robin.... And Batman." I said. "We have Croc under Harvey's cell."

"Good." Gordon said. "On my way."

I hung up. "Well. Good day right?"

Batman managed a small smile. "It was fine."

"Wait. Why do you think they broke out those guys?" The question only hit me now

"Probably to assist their plans and interrupt mine."

"Who's "their?"

"The enemy."

"Which one?"

"I'll find out." He said.

"Do you think it's the group we're looking for?"

"The Light? Yes. I suppose so. No. I know so."

We stayed silent for a while. "On a completely unrelated note, Sword is off the radar right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know we were both thinking she was the one who broke in. I don't think so."

"We'll examine the sample you got then I'll say so."

"I never told you about the sample."

"I heard you and Gordon talking about it."

"Right."

"We'll see when we'll see."

"She's not the one." I didn't want her to be. "She's not the one...."

"Robin. If she is she is. But right now, don't dwell on it. Let's think who's the other one."

"And we have Batman telling me not to dwell." I managed a small smile. "That's new."

He hit my shoulder. "The man is an assassin right?"

"Raj?"

"No. Not him."

We talked about the possible people who would want this to happen for a while, and we talked about who could the two be.

"I don't know who the girl is." Croc chuckled on the floor.

"You're awake asshat." I said.

"Do you know who the man is? How did he look like?" Batman asked and put a boot on his head.

"That's an easy question." Croc replied.

Batman pressed harder. "Answer me."

"Long hair, full black mask, black everything."

"Name." Batman demanded.

"I don't remember his name well." The Croc said. "It's De- de- something. That's what the girl calls him, and so did Harvey, and that's what he called himself."

"Fucking remember asshole or I'll make your life more of a living hell." Batman pressed down harder.

"I don't remember well Batman." He spat out. "That's what I remember."

"Do you want me to pull out your tounge this time? You're not offering anything useful."

My eyes widened, the answer hit me. Assassin. Long hair. Starts with 'de.' "Deathstroke?"

"I- that's it." Croc said.

Of course, that's the only one that fits the description. Batman just needed confirmation.

"The girl must be his apprentice." Batman muttered and continued to press on the Croc's head. "And the girl?"

"Too dark to see her appearance, fuck, I didn't even look back because I couldn't. I don't recognize her voice. I don't know her definite hair color. And why the fuck should I tell you?"

Batman pressed even harder and Croc groaned. "You just should."

"Dark. Dark brown, brown, black I don't fucking know! She didn't open my fucking cell, Deathstroke did, but she did let my shackles fall and set me free. I didn't pay attention to her. She didn't speak to me or look at me. She just set me free."

"Then you should know how she looks like!" Batman stomped on his head.

"Fuck!" Croc exclaimed. "Her hair is dark! Caucasian! The lighting is poor! I didn't pay attention to her. I don't fucking know! I can't see well."

"You're a useless witness." Batman said. "What we're they wearing?"

"All black. All black." Croc huffed. "Girl had a mask similar to the Boy Blunder's..."

I kicked his face. "Boy Wonder."

"Is that all you know?" Batman continued. "Do you know how many people have a mask like Robin's?"

"That is fucking all!" He attempted to bite Bats' boot.

Batman kicked his face in reply. Croc shut up.

"What did we get out of that Robin?" Batman asked.

"Deathstroke, the assassin for the hire is the man." I typed on my computer. "The girl has dark hair, uses a sword, wears a half-mask, and uses other typical assassin sh- stuff." I said. "And that's what we have on her." I looked at Batman. "How do we get Deathstroke?"

"We can't. He's off the grid, until he comes out public, that's when we get him, or plans a direct assault. We don't know who he's working for."

"I think the girl is from the League of Shadows." I said. "Only makes sense."

"These people are interrelated. And yes, I do believe the girl is an assassin from the League of Shadows."

"So Raj used one of his best."

"Yes. She's probably off the grid too."

"So the other villains. They probably know more than Croc."

"Most likely."

"So it's not Sword."

"I'm 75.9% sure that it's not Sword."

"That's good enough for me. And I'm sure it's NOT her."

"Deathstroke and a girl from the League of Shadows."

"I'm sure too."

After a bit more conversation, and keeping Croc down, Batman looked up. "Well. They're here."

A large metal hook was being lowered down and Gordon was seen, he still looked like he took a bath in the sewer. I guess he didn't change. "Hook it on the rope." He told us. "We'll put him back in his cell."

We obliged and attached the hook to the rope.

"Bring him up!" I called and Croc was lifted up.

We watched him go through the hole and back into the Asylum. He'll find himself back in chains when he wakes up.

Gordon looked back down. "Need help?"

We didn't answer as Batman went under the hole,  put his hands together and down. Signal that he'll give me a boost. Maneuver 7. Well, a modified Maneuver 7.

I moved back and ran. I stepped on his hands and he pushed up. I was in the air and grabbed the rim of the hole. I pulled myself up. 

I looked back into the hole and offered a hand. Bruce jumped and took it and I helped him out of the hole.

We stood up.

"Well. At least we have one back in the cell." Gordon scratched his head. "And I still smell like shit."

I wanted to say: You and me both pal. But guess that would sound off.

"Just keep watch for the others."  Batman told him.

"Sure thing." Gordon said.

"Goodnight Commissioner." Batman told him.

"Night."

Batman walked away.

Gordon looked at me. "We'll see you around."

"Yeah. See you." I followed Batman out of the corridor.

——-

We went out and I saw that all towers DID FALL. The top lay in rubble all over the courtyard, no one was scrambling around, some were being put into ambulances, not so major injuries. No deaths... Hopefully.

The police officer I talked to a while ago looked at me. I nodded and he gave me a look of gratitude.

Apparently no deaths, I suppose. The media was there already.

Dammit. Media.

They spotted us, but it was too late.

We had jumped into the Batmobile and sped off.

"Are we going on patrol?" I asked him when we were kinda far from the Asylum, for no particular reason.

"No. I need to investigate." Batman said firmly.

I did an internal "yes."

"Investigate on what?" I asked.

"The break in. What else?"

"Right right."

"And you're going to help me."

"Sure sure." I waved it off. "No school anyway."

"We don't reveal Deathstroke's name to the media, or to the police. We don't want them involved in this shit."

"Naturally. We don't want to give them a lead right?"

"Correct." Batman stepped on the gas and we went back to the Manor.

——-

SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

4:30AM

WAYNE MANOR- Batcave

Batman parked the car in its usual place and we got out.

"Morning Master Bruce and Master Dick." Alfred greeted us. "Saw what happened in Arkham."

"Don't remind me." Bruce pulled off his cowl.

"May I ask why you both smell like-"

"Sh-." Bruce started from the Batcomputer.

"Master Bruce!" Alfred protested. "Just because you are over thirty years of age does not mean you can saw fowl words!"

I snickered inside. Hahaha.

Alfred composed himself again. "What I mean is, why do you both smell like sewage?"

"Because we were in the sewers Alfred." Bruce said, probably unfazed by Alfred's mini sermon, he probably got that a lot.

"Yeah." I peeled off my mask and gave it to him. "Sewers."

"Oh goody." Alfred sighed. "More for the washing." He looked back at Bruce furiously typing.  "You should take a bath and get changed Master Bruce."

"No. I'm busy."

"Master Bruce." Alfred said impatiently. "You need to bathe and change."

Bruce stood up from his chair. "Fine." He went up the stairs.

Alfred turned to me. "And you?"

"Right." I took out the blood scraping first and the teeth.

"The only evidence you collected?" Alfred raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I have Alfred the cloth with Croc's teeth. "Another token."

Alfred looked inside and closed the cloth again.  "Croc's teeth."

"Yes."

"I guess those people, the ones who broke in, weren't sloppy."

"No. They were good."

Alfred looked at me. "I'm supposed you're overwhelmed by everything."

"No. Just whelmed." I replied.

Alfred smiled. "Now go. Before I sermon you too."

I took to the stairs and went to my room. I left my shoes outside then closed the door.  I stripped off the sewer clothing, and dumped them in the laundry bin, cape and all. (Sorry Alfred.)

I went to the shower and turned on the water. Finally. A warm shower. I washed off the sewer gunk  in my hair, ignoring the color of the water pooling at my feet and going down the drain.

——

I went out of the shower, rubbed my hair with a towel and wrapped it around my waist. I probably stayed in there longer than I should.

I went out of the bathroom and looked left and right, since I never know if Alfred is in there or not.

Last time I came out, I was naked and he was just there.

"Relax Master Dick." He said as he calmly folded my clothes. "I've seen you naked before."

Easy for him to say. And from that moment on, I never came  out of the bathroom naked.

I got my clothes, the boxers, the pajama pants and the blue shirt.

I dried myself off as well as I could and put on my clothes.

I went out and, ignoring my fatigue and my still dripping hair, ran down to the Batcave again.

Bruce was there, fresh and non-shit smelling, in his home outfit. Just his pajama pants and a shirt. He was typing away in the computer, researching as usual.

"Bruce. It's 5:00AM." I said and grabbed the sample from the table.

"I know." He didn't look at me. "I'll leave when I need to."

I sat down next to him, apparently my chair hasn't moved. "So. Here's the sample." I handed it to him with a small yawn.

"Thank you." He took it and placed it where he puts the samples.

He typed in a code that makes the computer scan it. The DNA from the blood popped up on the screen, and next to it, was a panel with pictures of people popping up.

"I don't think we'll find it fast." Bruce said as numerous faces popped up on the screen. "But I narrowed down the search to females so I guess it will be quicker."

The computer will keep matching DNA until it can find a match.

I watched for a while, maybe dozed off for a while, woke up, then I couldn't comprehend what I saw  on the screen.

NO MATCH

Bruce tensed up. "What do you mean no match?" He typed again and NO MATCH disappeared.

He kept typing. "Fuck." No Match still popped up.

"Goddammit." He said and hit the keyboard. "This may take a while."

I yawned and leaned back. "File it down to... Dark haired. Like originally dark haired."

Bruce typed. Again. And this time, the search was narrowed down to females with dark hair.

NO MATCH

He hit his armrest.

"Chill Bruce." I said. "Croc said Caucasian."

Bruce typed again. "This is moronic." He filed it down again. "This better work."

I watched the screen.

"If we only had her eye color." He muttered.

I yawned. "Yeah. That would help."

I watched NO MATCH appear over and over again, and I watched Bruce hit some inanimate object again and again.

"This girl's file is probably encrypted." Batman gritted. "I'm going to hack."

I yawned again. "Probably encrypted."

I used the computer next to Batman's. "I'll try too."

I was hacking, leaning back on the chair, watching the codes go by. I wasn't putting that much effort anymore. Then my eyes closed once... Twice... And... I fell asleep.

——-

Bruce's POV

It was around 6:00AM when I stopped hacking. I sighed. "I can't find her. Dick?" I said.

No reply. Then I felt a head slump on my shoulder.

I looked over. Dick fell asleep.

I didn't notice him dawdle off, maybe I was really focused.

"Guess you're really tired huh?" I said and smiled to myself. It's been a while since I've seen him asleep, peacefully, since we rarely get a good sleep.

I didn't wake him up anymore, or remove him from my shoulder, might as well let him sleep.

I hacked for a while longer and yawned. "Guess I should sleep as well. I still have to check a lot of things tomorrow and God. It's a Sunday." I muttered.  I held Dick's head in one hand and gently eased myself off the chair.

I picked up Dick and carried him in my arms.

I remembered the last time I did this, he was around... 8 or 9? It's been a while.

I carried him up the stairs. Alfred was there at the clock. "Master Bruce."

"Shush Alfred."

"Right sorry." Alfred lowered his voice and smiled. "It's been a long time since I've seen you carry the boy like this."

"I know." I whispered. 

I walked past Alfred and walked up to Dick's room. I opened the door.

I have an odd thing for memories. Like how I still clearly remember by parents' murder or my tenth birthday.

As long as it was special, in any way, to me.

Dick had a nightmare one time about his parents, before he was Robin, and asked if I could stay with him, in his room. I obliged of course. 

I set down the Boy Wonder in his bed and put a blanket over him. I watched him sleep peacefully for a couple of minutes.

He wants to be like me, I pretend to not notice. But he always wants to take command, he always wants to lead, but he's not ready.

No, he's ready to lead, just... It's not his time yet.

I left the room and closed the door behind me.

I went to my quarters, thinking about what hell I have to go through tomorrow, and soon I hit the hay.

Of course, after lying in bed feeling restless.

Damn that Deathstroke. Damn his apprentice.

I'm going to find out who they are and what's they're purpose.

No matter how long it takes.

————

SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

9:30AM

LUTHOR MANSION- Calypso's Room

Calypso's POV

I woke up and stretched. Crap. Last night took it's toll on me. Oh well.

Someone knocked on the door. "Yeah?" I yawned.

The door opened, it was Uncle Slade. "Morning sleepyhead."

"What did you expect?" I replied.

He closed the door behind him and sat on my bed. "You just woke up huh?"

"No. I've been up for hours." I stretched and almost shut my eyes again.

"Yeah right." He grabbed the remote of the TV and turned it on. "Watch this."

I rubbed my eyes.

It was Cat Grant.

"Last night," she started.

"Oh great." I smiled and immediately woke up completely. "Let's see what happened."

"There was a break-in in Arkham Asylum, two people, both assassins, both probably from the League of Shadows, broke in."

Uncle laughed. "The League of Shadows? That would be the day."

"It happened at 12:40 this morning. Batman arrived on the scene thirty minutes later with Robin."

I watched as they showed footage of last night, Batman leaving with Robin in the Batmobile.

They get the footage of leaving to describe them arriving. Wow.

"The escaped include The Penguin, Killer Croc, Two Face, Harley Quinn, The Joker and Poison Ivy. Luckily, the Dynamic Duo was able to capture one out of the six who got out, Killer Croc."

"Oh damn." I said. "They got Croc."

"It's fine. I just put him out just in case that happens." Uncle said. "He wouldn't remember how you look like Calypso, maybe some shady details of course, he'll remember me."

"Doesn't that mean Batman has 1/2 the information he needs?"

"Oh please. I'm off grid. And even if he does know I'm part, he can't release my name to the press. He hates having the press on an investigation. He can try to find me. He won't find out I'm training the incredible Calypso Wilson."

I like it when he calls me that. "Good. Well, I encrypted my files pretty well."

"That's good." Uncle said. Then Cat called for G. Gordon Godfrey. Godfrey's face appeared on screen. "Oh hell no, I don't need to hear any of your shit." Uncle switched off the TV.

He smiled at me and gave me an envelope. "Your father gave it to me and told me to give it to you. He wants nothing to do with it. And he won't be coming with you."

I took it and pulled out the invitation inside. "Whoa. Another premiere?"

"Yeah." Uncle scratched the back of his neck. "I'd love to go with you kiddo but... You know how it is."

"Yeah.." I was disappointed. Dad never lets Uncle out in public, public events I mean, and besides, it would rouse suspicion and attention, you know, being famous and all that.

"When is it?" He asked me.

I looked. "Huh. September 20, Saturday. Three days before the actual screening."

"So. The invitation is good for two. Who are you gonna bring?"

"I'll just bring myself..."

"And go with Dick Grayson." Uncle finished.

"He's invited." I shrugged. "He's Wayne's adopted son."

"That doesn't mean you can't go with him."

I thought about it for a while "So we'll ride the same car?"

"What do you think?"

"Yeah. We will." I imagined how awkward it would be with Bruce sitting across us. "Well. At least Dad isn't coming."

Uncle smiled. "Point taken."

I realized it was a Sunday. "What time is it?"

"9:30. Why?"

"Shoot!!!" I jumped out of bed and grabbed a Sunday outfit. Blue flannel, white shirt and jeans. (Yeah yeah I know. Don't have enough time to prep myself for a dress.)

"Why?"

"Ten-thirty mass is my regular!!!" I ran to my bathroom. I shut the door. "Uncle, can you get Mercy ready?"

"Oh. So that's why she's been outside for a long time."

"SCHIST!!!!"

"Relax! You still have one hour."

"More of thirty minutes!!!"

"You can do this."

I scrambled around the bathroom, taking a shower, fixing up and everything.

Minutes later, I came out in my outfit already, hair in a towel, shirt kinda wet, flannel kinda wet, jeans okay. I sat down on the floor and grabbed my shoes.

"See. That was fast Calypso." Uncle observed from his seat on the bed.

"I don't want to be late!" I pulled on my Converse.

"Does your father go with you?" He asked calmly.

"He used to. Now he doesn't." I stood up. I removed the towel from my hair, tossed it the laundry bin and brushed my hair, ignoring how much hair was being pulled out.

"When are you going to Mount Justice again?"

"Oh... Maybe tomorrow?" I brushed through a knot. "Ow."

"Training?"

"Probably." I said and finished fixing my hair. "Good enough." I muttered. I put down the brush and looked at Uncle.  "Have to go."

I jogged and kissed Uncle on the cheek. "Bye Uncle!"

"Bye." He replied. "Don't be late."

I jogged out the door and closed it behind me. I ran down the steps, went to the front door and threw it open. Mercy was waiting.

I closed the front door. "Don't give me that look!"

Mercy rolled her eyes and opened my door. I went inside.

She closed it and went to her side.

She looked in the rear view mirror for instructions.

"You know where Mercy." I said.

She hit the gas and I prayed I wouldn't be late.

A/N: Hey guys. Thanks for all the reads... but.. can I please reach 600, 700 or more reads on this chappie and the next chappie by the time I publish the next next chappie? Thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 3.5K 13
Let's cut to the chase. You love Dick Grayson, everyone loves Dick Grayson, and Wally West especially loves dick. Oh and Dick Grayson. Now let's swit...
29.3K 1.7K 86
I started this series in high school and here I am in my last year of uni still going with it. If you're a fan you know the drill and if you're new y...
6.1K 261 19
Dick Grayson's life has never been easy, but he'd like to think it's been going better lately. He's been operating mainly out of Gotham again for alm...
15.1K 340 29
I do not own any characters besides y/n. all rights reserved to the creators of "Titans". In this story the infamous Detective Dick Grayson (Who was...