Mind And Fate || A Newsies Lo...

By EthanActs

Spralbert fanfiction Soulmates au Modern day au Introduction in the first chapter Warnings will be put in the... More

Introduction
The Beating
Only Because I Can't Resist Your Cuteness
Oh, Let's Not Forget The Broken Nose Specs
You're Our Baby Now
Oh My F-ing God I Forgot That You Were Here
What The Hell Did You Do With Race?
Just So We're Clear, I Did Not Sign Up To Sit Between You Two
Francis Sullivan
Saving The Kidnapped
You Promised!
This Is My Real Family
He Ran, Ran From His Life
Holy Shit You're Beautiful
Ace And Jordan Being Coupily
Couple Time, Music And Fluff
Midtown Craziness
Weird Newsies, Trans Lucky And Newsie Ceremony
Star Facts, Music Facts And A Lot Of Floof
Life's Biggest Surprise For Race
The Wedding
Sequel!

First Day Of School And New Friends Already

72 4 1
By EthanActs

Chapter 19: First day of school and new friends already

Warnings: flood, slight anxiety

A/N: The Delanceys are good people in this story

They arrived at school. "You know, your little show to Young Volcanos were really good" Ace said to Flips as they walked through the door. Flips smiled at Ace.

"Thanks. I got a little carried away" He said and slightly laughed. Ace chuckled and they walked towards the information desk. When they arrived there, they saw Morris Delancey and his boyfriend, Shawn. Morris had a twin named Oscar and they didn't look a lot alike but they acted alike.

"Hey Morris, Hey Shawn" Ace greeted, the two boys turned around and smiled at Ace and Flips.

"Hey Ace. This your boyfriend?" Shawn asked and Ace nodded. "Cool"

"He's kind of adorable" Morris said and Shawn looked at him, offended.

"Excuse you, I'm standing right here" Shawn said as he put his hand over his heart, dramatically. 

"I didn't say that he was perfect like you" Morris said. Shawn blushed and hid his face in the crook of Morris' neck. 

They laughed before hearing an annoyed sigh from behind Morris and Shawn. "You lovebirds done with whatever you're doing?" It was Mr. Wiesel, he worked at the imformation desk but hated all the gayness at the school. He was gay himself but hadn't found his soulmate and was, basically, jealous.

"Be nice, dude. We have a new student. He needs his timetable" Ace said. Wiesel looked down at the computer before looking at Flips. 

"Name?" he asked. Flips looked at Ace, a little nervous.

"Did Medda register with Newsie name or real name?" Flips asked Ace who slightly laughed as he looked down at him. Flips was slightly shorter than Ace and it was really cute. 

"It's a school that only have Newsies in it and since you have a Newsie name then that's what it's registered with" Ace said softly and Flips nodded.

"Okay then. My name's Flips" he said as he continued to look at Ace. 

Wiesel looked back at the computer and looked up Flips. "New Medda kid, huh. That lady really have a big family now. You're lucky to have so many brothers, especially Ace here as your boyfriend" he said as the printer printed out Flips' timetable. 

The printer got done and Wiesel gave Flips the paper. "Thank you" Flips said and Ace started to walk away from the desk, Flips followed him. 

They walked down the corridor and sat down on a bench. "Can I see that?" Ace asked as he pointed to the paper. Flips nodded and gave it to Ace who looked at it. 

"Okay, I'll say the class and Manhattan including some Brookies in each period for today" Flips nodded. "You have art with Jack, Mush, Romeo, Race, Finch and Hotshot in first to fourth period. English with Jack, Race, Albert, Jojo, Blink, Mush and Knobs in fifth period. German with Shapes, she's that Brookie we told you about, sixth and seventh period. Math with Race, Albert, Jojo, Blink, Mush, Knobs and Kenny in 8th and 9th period. That's it for today" 

"Thanks, you mind showing me to the art class?" Flips asked and Ace smiled.

"Of course not. And Jack will meet you outside the classroom" Ace answered. They started walking and just like Ace said, Jack met them outside of the classroom. 

"You ready, Flips?" Jack asked and Flips nodded, they walked in and there were quite a few people there. Mostly Manhattan Newsies but also some others that Flips didn't know who were. "Newsies, before Mr. Waldorf -" Flips slightly chuckled at the name "-comes, I have an announcement!" Jack shouted in the classroom and everyone looked at him and Flips.

There was this one little edgy Newsie in all black with black eyeliner that was kind of examining Flips. "Jack, who's that kid beside you?" they asked as they pointed to Flips.

Flips felt a little anxious and hid behind Jack. Jack felt this and turned around, he knelt down in front of him and looked him in the eyes. "It's okay, they're not gonna hurt you. I'm not gonna let that happen" Jack said softly before standing up and standing beside Flips. He looked out at the class before shouting again. "This here is Flips. He's new, if you don't like him then tell me. He's a Newsie now and if you don't respect my Newsies, you'll have to face me"

Flips was a little taken aback by Jack's statement but didn't think a lot about it. He tapped Jack on the shoulder and Jack turned around to face him. "Two questions, who are these other Newsies and where am I gonna sit?" he asked. 

Jack turned around at the class and pointed to a person sitting second from left on the first row. "That's Care, she/her, born in Midtown and moved to 'hattan with her grandparents. She got her Newsie name because she always care about people, no matter their background, identity and basically no matter who they are" he said.

Care smiled at Flips before saying hi. Flips slightly waved to her beofre Jack moved on to the next one, sitting beside Care. "That's Shapes, she/her, from Brooklyn, she's only here in 'hattan when it's school and some weekends just like most Brookies, she lives alone in a house by the Brooklyn bridge. She got her Newsie name because she's obsessed with shapes, art and math"

"Hey" Shapes said, emotionless. She's weird... I like it. Flips thought. 

"You know Finch, Race, Mush, Hotshot and Romeo so that leads me to the last one" Jack started and pointed to the edgy one sitting behind Care. "That's Edge, they/them, from upper Manhattan. They basically got their Newsie name because they look edgy and emo" Jack said and shrugged at that last sentence. 

Edge started examining Flips again. "Fair warning; I'm stressed, depressed and band obsessed"

"I think you'll become friends real fast, You see Edge, Flips here is band obsessed too" Romeo said and gave Edge a cheeky smile, getting a glare in return.

"You know very well that I don't do friends" Edge said before he turned around to look at Flips again. "Who's your favorite band?" they asked Flips with no emion at all.

"Good Charlotte" Flips answered slowly. "Your's?" 

"Mcr" Edge answered, emotionless again.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry for your loss" Flips said, half joking.

"You're sitting beside Edge, they're your learning partner" Jack said and Flips nodded before he walked to sit down. 

Yay, Flips thought. A man walked inside the classroom and Jack sat down in front of Flips. 

"Good morning students" the tall, blonde haired man said.

Flips chuckled when he saw him He looks like Mikey Way.

"As you may have seen, we have a new student, Flips. I assume Jack have introduced you and the others, Flips" he said and Flips nodded, trying everything he could not to laugh. "Great, I'm Mr Waldorf but you don't have to say mister and if you absolutely want, you can call me Mike" with that, Flips couldn't hold in his laugh anymore. He started laughing and no one understood anything, except for Edge who caught on and started laughing with him.

"What's up with them?" Finch asked Jack, really confused. Jack shrugged and Mr Waldorf just stood there like a question mark, looking between Edge, Flips and Jack. 

Flips and Edge slowly stopped laughing and looked at everyone's faces which made them chuckle. "What's so funny?" Care asked as she looked back at the Newsies.

"Waldorf is in the title of a song by Good Charlotte. Mike looks pretty much exactly like Mikey Way from My Chemical Romance and the fact that your name is Mike just makes everything extremely amazing" Flips explained and almost started laughing again. 

"You would'nt even know how long of a time I have wanted to laugh about this but haven't been able too" Edge said as they chuckled. 

"Okay, time to start class"  Waldorf exclaimed and then they started.

Time skip to lunch
Flips entered the cafeteria with Edge, who had met up with him outside of English class, Albert, Race, Jojo and Knobs. They were talking about everything and anything.

They reached the table where Jack and some other Newsies were sitting. It was huge. Race and Albert ran and sat down beside Spot with Race in the middle. The two hugged Spot before they sat down. "You guys are too cute for your own good" Flips said and pointed between the three boys. He hadn't sat down yet because he wanted to ask Jack something. "Jack, can Edge sit with us?" he asked and Jack nodded. The two sat down between Davey and Mike. Flips noticed a girl sitting beside Sarah, between Ike and Elmer. He didn't know who the girl were and she noticed.

"Hey, you must be the new boy Sarah told me about. Flips, right?" she asked and Flips nodded. "I'm Katherine, Sarah's girlfriend and principal Pulitzer's daughter"

"Hey" Flips said, a little unsure what to say. Ace noticed and looked at Katherine.

"He's a little unsure of what to say, at least I think. But he'll warm up to you after a little bit of time. He's band obsessed just like Edge. Talk about bands and music with him then you're gonna get real close" he explained. Some people around the table chuckled and Flips was just sitting there, eating his lunch.

"Hey, Flips?" Edge said and Flips looked at him. "Favorite Good Charlotte song?" Edge asked.

Flips thought for a sec before he found his answer. "The River. It's so amazing! And those vocals" Flips exclaimed.

"Cool, I like that one too" Edge said, still looking at Flips.

"Favorite Mcr song?" Flips asked and Edge seemed to think for a second like Flips did.

A light bolb appeared over his head. Literally. "Finch, please take that light bolb away from Edge's head" Jack said, sounding disappointed. Finch sighed and put it into his backpack.

Flips chuckled and Edge glared at Finch. Finch got a little scared but shrugged it off. "Teenagers. The lyrics are so true for some people. I am usually the one scaring others so I don't know if teenagers are scary" Edge said and Flips laughed.

"To be honest, you scared me when you were staring at me in the first class today" Flips said and chuckled. The whole table was listening as Edge and Flips were talking about their music. They talked like they were all alone.

Katherine leaned slowly in and whispered something in Jack's ear. "That kid is obsessed with music. How the hell is he so ambitious about it?" she asked.

Jack whispered back. "I don't know but that was one of the things we got to know first about him. He had a panic attack so Albert put his favorite song on and then he wasn't as panicked anymore" he answered.

Katherine had to say, she was really impressed. "He really knows his stuff" she whispered again.

Flips and Edge hadn't even noticed the silence yet and they talked about a lot of things. They were really becoming good friends.

1900 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 165 35
Newsies: A Racetrack Fan Fiction Brooklyn, a teenager from New Jersey runs away to New York City to find a job. She is welcomed into the Newsies and...
57.3K 1.2K 17
**COMPLETE** "I didn't catch your name." "I didn't seem to drop it." Spot Conlon's rebelliou...
20.2K 296 12
𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰. 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍,𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑�...
10.1K 128 29
Lea Higgins is the only girl newsie, but no one knows except her brother, Racetrack. One day, the World decides to Jack up the price of papers, so th...