Perfect people don't exist

Von ItsNotEasy189

"You know no one is perfect right? So stop trying to be it." I glanced up and scowled at him. I probably more... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
THE NEXT BOOK

Chapter 8

4 0 0
Von ItsNotEasy189

A pic of Ty

Ezra:

I got Ezra to eat. Sure he didn't eat a lot but he ate so that was a relief, even though he chucked it all back up in the bathroom. I knew he did.

----------

Once I dropped him off I heard a loud thud. Was that coming from inside his house? I got out of the car and ran to the door, knocking on it rapidly. A grown man came to the door, he looked only the slightest like Carter. I presumed it was his dad.

"Can I help you?" His tone was sinister but not exactly directed to me.

"O-oh yeah, can I just see Carter for a second?" I asked.

"Does he even know who you are?" The man asked.

"Y-yeah, I umm I'm a friend from school."

"Well the answer is no, you cannot see him. He is occupied in the bathroom right now." Then the man slammed the door.

There was no fucking way he was just all of a sudden "busy".

I climbed up one of the trees which I saw led to an open window. Please be Carter's open window. I climbed in through the window and into a room. Thank god.

He heard me and looked towards me.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" His voice was hushed and he looked scared, but not of me.

"I heard a thud, are you ok?" He blinked a few times still in disbelief.

"Yes. I am fine, my dad doesn't like people in the house unless it's his friends, can you please leave?" Carter whisper/yelled.

He got up and hurried me back to the window. I got on the sill but I didn't move. He tried to push me but he wasn't very strong. No wonder why. I eventually got on the tree and saluted him as I climbed down. I looked back at him, he was still watching to see me leave. I sent him a wink and he just rolled his eyes. But I could see the blush on his face. It was as clear as glass.

I saw him walk back into his room and that's when I drove off.

--------------

I laid in bed, phone in hands. I couldn't help but wonder why his dad had lied or why he didn't like having people over. What a strange father.

Me: Hey

Carter: Hey

It made my stomach flip how quickly he responded. Well most the time.

Me: Sorry about today, I hope it wasn't all too much

Carter: It's fine.

Carter: It was actually really nice to meet your friends. They were nice.

Me: Yeah they're great. I think they liked you a lot, especially Ruby.

Carter: Really?

Me: Yeah she thinks your unbelievably cute.

Carter: Oh-

Me: She wouldn't be the only one ;)

Carter: You're so cheesy

Me: You know you love it though

Carter: Whatever

Me: Do you need a lift to work tomorrow?

Carter: How did you know I had work. Are you stalking me?

Me: You will never know

Carter: A lift would be great

Me: Cool, how long are you working tomorrow?

Carter: From 8-10

Me: WTF. That's the supermarket's opening hours. Why are you working so long?

Carter: Idk. Just want to.

Me: Ok, I'll pick you up at 7:30

Carter: Thank you

Me: NP

I turned my phone off and put it on my bedside table. How could he work so long?

--------------

"Why are you working for so long?" I asked when he got in the car.

He shrugged his shoulders. Why is it I can never get an answer out of him. He always shrugged of gave a brief answer.

"I don't really have anything better to do than work, I guess?" He gave me another shrug, but at least he said something.

"You could hang out with me?" I suggested.

He stayed silent after that. Why did I have to be like that. I made so many things awkward. Once I got to his work a guy was standing outside with a smirk. He went to Carter and grabbed him by the wrist.

"Thanks Ezra!" He said quickly before getting pulled into the shop.

I wanted to run after him but how would that make me look? And the way that that guy just pulled onto Carter made me really worried. though Carter didn't seemed to phased by it So I guess it was fine. If Carter seemed distracted or annoyed I definitely would have jumped in there to help him out. But he didn't. So I need to stop worrying about him. But you can't. Yes I can. No you can't. No. I can't. This boy had me going crazy for absolute no reason. his whole vibe just let off cute, kind, nerd but then his personality was shut off, stubborn and insecure, of some sort. I don't know. I hardly know much about his past except that one time I saw him, but even that didn't teach me much about him except he lost a good friend. I soon realised though, that it was his only friend.

I looked up to realise I was still parked in this carpark. I reversed out and then decided on dropping in at Brodie's because I had nothing better to do.

"What are you doing here?" He asked when I came into his house.

"I'm bored and knew you wouldn't be doing anything productive, so I though why don't we both not do something productive!" I said sitting down on a beanbag.

He nodded his head, satisfied with my answer. Either way I wasn't going to leave no matter what he said.

"Soooo, Carter?" That was the first thing he had to say to me?

"Yeah what about him," I said not peeling my eyes off the tv as we played.

"Ruby has confirmed that it is a ship that she would make sure would sail. What's your opinions on it?" He questioned.

Honestly I didn't really know my true thoughts on the whole situation, I mean sure I liked the boy. I liked him a lot and was determined to break through to him which seemed to be somewhat working. But I didn't know. I mean I was sicked to be his friend and event hat was a struggle boyfriend though, that would be a stretch, but who knows it could just so possible happen.

"I don't know. I mean I like him and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to be with him,' I finally decided to say after thinking about it.

"Dude, I don't think you really have a choice, I mean Ruby is so keen on it and I will admit I didn't know at first but I'm beginning to grow on it," he said the last part more to himself.

Ok. Well I knew their opinions, and in a way I knew mine, but now who's I really wanted to know were Noah's and most importantly Carter's. Noah was my closest friend in the group, so his opinion obviously meant a lot to me, of course I wouldn't change my opinions because of his but it definitely always had an impact on my decisions. He always had.

"What about Noah? What are his opinions?" My tone sounded worried, and I was.

"He hasn't said much but I am pretty sure he agrees. We all think the kid's cute."

"Dude he isn't a kid, he's in our grade,"

"Still."

I felt relief wash over me like a wave when Brodie said that Noah liked him, that was a good sign. I would hate it if any of my friends didn't like my boyfriend. It felt weird to even say the word. I mean yes I was bi but I have only ever dated one boy....I guess same goes to girls. I mean sure I've wanted to date a few of both but dating kind of seemed overrated in my opinion.

----------

We played games most of the day and into the night, they let me have dinner at theirs which I was thankful for because I was starving and didn't know if I could wait until I got home. When I looked at my watch, 9:30, then it hit me. Would Carter want a lift home or something?

Me: Do you want a lift home?

I texted him hurriedly.

Carter: It's alright

Me: What do you mean it's going to be 10 at night.

Carter: So?

Me: That's not really a safe time to be walking home

Carter: It's fine. I need the walk anyway

Me: No I am going to come and pick you up

Carter: No! Please don't, it's all good

Me: Too late I am on my way.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and got up saying a quick goodbye to Brodie. He nodded his head when I left.

When I got to the supermarket it was all closed down. He had to still be here right? I heard a whimpering sound coming from a distance. I could recognise that as if it were yesterday I saw him crying to his friend.

I ran to the direction of the crying and then I saw a tall figure up against the wall. I went up a bit closer, hoping the taller figure wouldn't see me and then I saw carter fully pressed up against the wall with the taller figure on him.

"Shut the fuck up before someone hears you," at that moment I realised it was the same guy that grabbed Carter earlier today.

"Too late," I said, aggressively pushing him to the ground.

Carter slid to the ground a crying mess. His pants were unzipped and down only just a bit. I kicked who seemed to be his co-worker a few times until I was sure he wouldn't get up any time soon. I hugged Carter tightly and he sobbed in my arms for a little while.

"Shhh, shhh, it's ok. Everything will be alright."

As time passed by Carter calmed down a little bit and was now just letting tears fall down his cheek. I picked the fragile boy up and took him to my jeep. I put him gently in the backseat and the drove off to my place.

"I-I'm sorry," he whimpered.

"I-I l-lied to you," he added on before I could ask anything.

"This is not your fault Carter, and don't for a second think I would be mad at you," I reassured him.

It broke my heart to think he could blame himself in a time like this.

"Just get some rest, you can bunk at my place and we'll discuss this tomorrow," I whispered.

Within seconds he dozed off to sleep.

------------------

I woke up feeling instant warmth. I looked down to see Carter lent into my side sleeping. I looked at him smiling. He looked so peaceful and fragile. He stirred and I figured I should look away so he didn't know I was staring.

"Good morning," I said as he awoke.

He looked at me and I think it took a while for him to realise that he wasn't at home. He shot up like a rocket all frantic.

"W-what am I doing here, I need to get home!"

"Relax. Just rest for a few more hours Carter!" I put my hand on his shoulder and he flinched away.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I took a different attempt in getting his mind off of needing to get home.

Though I don't think that was the first thing I could have asked. He looked like a ghost after a few minutes of thinking. I shouldn't have reminded him.

A moment later he was crying again. Shit. Definitely should have left it for a little later. I held him in my arms as he sniffled and sobbed.

"It's alright. We'll report him and then you'll never have to see him again,"

"N-no! Don't report him, it's fine. It was my fault anyway."

He hugged his knees into his chest. He was kidding right?

"I made him think I like him and then he kissed me and then I just didn't do a-anything. B-but it was my fault. No need to report him," he continued to try and make excuses.

"He hurt you," I tried to knock some sense into him.

"Carter things could have escalated you...you could have gotten r-"

"I know!"

"I know. But I didn't and I had led him on. I am fine Ezra." He cut me off.

I still wanted to report it but he would have denied it and I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I just watched him deny everything, but I can barely think I could live if I just let this slip.

"I'm sorry. I know your trying to help. I know I keep apologising and I really am sorry," he started mumbling.

"You don't nee-"

"I'm sorry I keep pushing you away and I'm sorry that I keep fucking up. I thought I was ready for a friendship but I just don't know anymore," he was hysterical.

"Thank you," he whispered.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.1K 599 25
UNDER EDITING BUT IT IS DONE George had always been into vintage things, so it doesn't surprise his mother when he ends up buying a house built in th...
80.6K 3.6K 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips; his hands gently gripping my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. ...
160K 6.3K 27
Carter can't stand it when anyone touches him. As depression eats away at him, his parents only seem to make things worse. They call him a disappoint...
171K 6.8K 87
(18+) 𝙸𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚑�...