vlanche - venti x reader

By scarakun

You feared lies, yet you were given a family of liars. This small family of three promised never to leave eac... More

00: To Dance Upon Lifeless Bodies ‧˚⊹♪
01: From the Mindless Black Hole ‧˚⊹♪
02: An Unsightly Reunion ‧˚⊹♪
03: An O'de Untold ~♪
04: Trauma, My Dear Friend ~♪
05: Virtued No More ~♪
06: With Wine Comes Truth ~♪
07: Reeking Rancid ~♪
08: Just Stay Here ~♪
09: To Apologize ~♪
10: Embarrassed to Care ~♪
11: A Wandering Cecilia ~♪
13: A Threat or a Game? ~♪
14: Obnoxious ~♪
15: A Twinge of Hope ~♪
16: Calling It Close ~♪
17: Never Does the Torment Cease ~♪
18: But a Spark ~♪
19: Déjà Vu ~♪
20: Lulling of the Ferocious Tide ~♪

12: Allies to Aid in War ~♪

5.2K 261 106
By scarakun

SCENE I

"You and Venti clearly don't like each other very much, so Paimon was wondering... what exactly happened between you two?"

You knew that Paimon's question meant no harm whatsoever, for she had not a single clue of what she was asking. By her innocent, carefree manner, it was obvious to you that she didn't know the true gravity of what she asked, but despite this, you couldn't help feeling a little worked up.

You were definitely not going to tell her. You were never one to go around chattering about deep and personal matters like they were written on the back of your hand. In this circumstance especially, because that Honorary Knight sitting opposite you had been specifically instructed to keep you monitored by officials of Mondstadt. His ears were most likely perked up and ready for absolutely any bit of information he could gather about you. In fact, you even noticed him twitch every so slightly when Paimon addressed the question so flippantly.

Of course, if you decided not to share your past with them, they would think of it as rather suspicious, especially because their instructors already thought of you as a threat. Unbeknownst to them though, you had no damning secrets.

To you, since you knew the truth, there was very little about your history that would paint you as a bad person. To everyone else, there were countless reasons, and that factor is purely because they wouldn't believe you. No one had ever believed you.

"They're all on Barbatos' side. They always believe him. They always believe the gods."

There was no point of sharing anything, because all it would do is create yet another enemy. All it would do was create yet another obstacle in your way. You knew there was only one way to get people to believe you, and it certainly wasn't nonchalantly reciting your whole backstory to some strange floating child who happened to ask.

Everything will be revealed at the right time and in the right way, so that everyone understands it. You had confidence in that.

So as of now, you needed to get Aether and Paimon off your back, and what better way to do that than smoothly changing the subject in a way that they won't even notice!

There was something spiking your curiosity about the duo anyways, and as if time and fate were on your side, this was the perfect moment to ask.

"Before I can answer that, I have a question for you, Sir Honorary Knight— Actually... you too, Paimon. " From your words, Aether finally lifted his head from in between his arms and the two smiled in a gentle manner, with Paimon even tilting her head to the side for emphasis.

"And Paimon has an answer!" With much enthusiasm, the fairy lifted her arm and formed a hearty thumbs up. "What is your question?"

Currently resting on the table, your fist unconsciously clenched into a tight grasp, while your eyes glanced away from the bright duo and to the floor. "How did you two save me?"

The split second that you rejoined eye contact with them, you realized they were overtly confused. Both Paimon and Aether's brows had twisted themselves into a squiggly line, and it perfectly accompanied their baffled facial expressions.

"What are you talking about?" The blonde questioned, simply just having no idea what you were talking about. To be honest, after his response, you didn't know either.

For a few seconds there was complete silence in the home, as all three of you brainstormed greatly to understand the newly puzzling scenario.

"Was it not you?" Your voice muttered, carefully bringing a bent finger to your chin. "No... it just had to be you. There was no one else there!" Internally, you had probably hoped speaking your thoughts aloud would help stifle the confusion, but it actually proved to make it worse.

"There..? Where?" Aether's eyes were squinted, but definitely gleaming with curiosity. "I don't remember saving you... Oh! Are you talking about when I arrived in the cathedral courtyard?"

"No no no." As you responded, you shook both your hands and your head to negate his assumption. "It was before then... but it seems like you either don't remember, or just simply didn't know."

Still completely baffled, neither of the two said a word, probably indicating for you to explain yourself. Unfortunately though, a thorough explanation would not be what they got, for this topic was hazy in your mind too.

After taking a deep and cleansing breath, you continued. "Here, uh... let me ask you this. How much do you two know about how I was found at the bottom of a cliff?"

"Well..." The blondie stammered, wondering how to answer your question. Unbeknownst to you, he had his own fair share of suspicions about the incident, but he wasn't sure if it was the right time to reveal them. After all, he doesn't have anything to back them, and there is a possibility that you already know the true answer. "All we know is that you were found unconscious near the bottom of Starsnatch Cliff. We have also been told that you were pushed, but I can't say whether that is true or not. If it is, then there is also the fact that you walked away from your injuries almost completely unscathed... which is odd." He took a breath and continued, the conversation quickly joining with the sound of Aether's nervous finger taps against the table. "That is about all anyone knows, or at least... that is all we've been told."

"Do you know who I am?" The tone in your voice had suddenly become shrouded in such an icy chilliness that it frightened the two, for the knight had slightly shifted in his seat, and his fairy friend slowly crept closer to him, noticeably uncomfortable.

A few seconds went by without a response, which led you to believe that they, in fact, did know about your title as the goddess of Secrets. And you didn't need to guess to know who might've told them.

"They are on his side. I was right."

Imagine that, you went through so much effort as to change the subject so you wouldn't have to reveal anything, but who would have thought that they already knew?

"Who would have thought that that stupid bard already went on blabbing around. I bet he went on and on about me, but didn't even bother to mention anything about himself."

Now that the two know, it's only a matter of how much they know. Honestly, you weren't sure you wanted to know what Barbatos had told them about you, because it was probably all just ill-spoken insults with no particular meaning to them.

"Go on."

The knight took a deep sigh and relaxed. "We do. We know that you are the goddess of Secrets and we know about your abilities, but that is it."

"I'm guessing Barbatos told you?" You hummed, deciding what you would let Aether and Paimon's fate be now that they knew something they should not know.

"Yes. He did."

"Now convince me why I shouldn't wipe both of your memories. Convince me why I should let the both of you know of something that I would have preferred kept a secret." The more words you spoke, the more shivers that travelled down your company's spines. Your face had become shadowed with darkness, but despite this, your eyes glinted with such a cold and hostile glow, that you could have lightened the entire room. Or at least, that it how it seemed to your two observing, shaky fellows.

Even though Aether was clearly fearful, he tried his best to remain confident and spoke with such easiness that it surprised you. "Because I have nothing against you. Venti may have told us some things about you, but he is in no manner more trustworthy than you are. I am not on your side, but I am also not on his. I am just a wandering traveller trying to find someone dear to them, who keeps getting caught up in other peoples' problems."

His response was definitely not what you expected, especially the fact that he basically stated that he doesn't trust Barbatos. It was a wise and clever response in your opinion. This Honorary Knight surely was smarter than he looked, and he certainly exceeded that of his title.

A quick and friendly chuckle blew away any ounce of hostility that laid in the atmosphere before, and smiling, you propped your chin onto your hands, them being leveled by your elbows on the table. "Good answer. I'll let you go untouched for now, but if you step even a toe out of line, that will change. Understand?"

"I understand." The knight gestured a simple nod as to sign this abstract pact.

One of your arms plopped straight down to the table and you shifted your chin onto the other hand. Now that this blonde boy had bluntly expressed he was not on the bard's side, it means that you could potentially gain him as an ally. This would be useful, for Aether and Paimon were not your average mortals. Even a simple glance at them and you would know, but there was also the fact that they had saved you from that place after the thousands of years of torture. Many mortals had crossed the same lines and travelled the same paths that these two had gone on, but none other than them had freed you.

You still did not know how you were saved, and you still did not know how you weren't dead, but becoming allies with your saviors would certainly help you figure that out. Maybe Aether and Paimon would be the first people to believe your story?

"Hm." A hopeful grin adorned your face and you decided to tell them. After all, if they ended up not believing you, causing a ruckus, and becoming another enemy to you, you could easily just have them forget all about you. So, saying you could take them down in the snap of a finger, since this is a mighty big secret, you might as well have a little fun.

You inhaled.

"Barbatos and I—"

And just as if time and fate were not on your side, the front door of the crumbling cottage swung wide open with a bang, and a familiar face waltzed inside seemingly without a care in the world.

THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE KINDA BORING SO I'M GOING TO TRY AND HAVE THE NEXT ONE OUT TONIGHT OR TMRW! THINGS MAY GET A LITTLE FLUFFY IN THE NEXT ONE IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN HEH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 369 21
Collection of genshin oneshots like the title says :) This book WILL contain:- •fluff •angst •hurt/comfort and hurt/no comfort •death, possible menti...
228K 5.9K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
18.9K 519 10
Venti and you were best friends since a lifetime. You didn't understand why he stuck with you, you didn't care though, you wanted to stick by Venti u...
6.5K 189 22
"And in those nights that I've sought peace, I found it only...in you." 【너와 함께 하는 게 꿈이라면, 깨워주지 말아줘】 Why must we face reality when the tru...