Painkiller: Gotham's Finest

By kamjaxson

This book follows Khalil (Painkiller), as he sets off to Gotham to find the truth about himself, until he enc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Gotham's Finest
Chapter 2: Bailed Out
Chapter 3: Bruce Who?
Chapter 4: Bat-Killer
Chapter 5: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 1
Chapter 6: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 2
Chapter 7: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 3
Chapter 8: The Proton Ring Hunt: Part 4
Chapter 9: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 5
Chapter 10: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 6
MIDBOOK TRAILER
Chapter 11: The Jokester
Chapter 12: Mommy's Home
Chapter 13: "Delivery for Bruce Wayne"
Chapter 14: Duo Duel
Chapter 15: The Greatest Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Sorrows and Surprises
Chapter 17: The Removal of All Pains
Chapter 18: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Painkiller
Chapter 19: Yin and Yang

Chapter 20: Gotham's Finest

117 4 0
By kamjaxson

After reading this Chapter, go over to My Black Lightning Book, Black Lightning: Drug Awakened and read the Final Part to that book. This is the ending for this book, but Black Lightning: Drug Awakened: Chapter 20: The Book of War: Revenge (Finale 2) is the Ending for Both Books. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After deciding that the only way to save Khalil is to return Painkiller back into his body, the team sits in the Batcave, trying to figure out what to do next. Alfred sits on the computer, looking at surveillance tapes of Gotham. 

"Alright so what's the plan?", Jenn starts, "How do we track down Painkiller?".

"We might not have to track him down", Anissa says standing up and walking to a white board.

She begins writing on the board.

"Ok so as we all know, Painkiller comes out of Khalil whenever A) something is harming Khalil that Khalil can't beat, B) something is harming someone who Khalil cares about, or C) something is preventing Khalil from making a hard decision", Anissa says.

"Ok, where are you getting at?", Bruce asks.

"Don't you see the connection", Anissa asks, "Painkiller comes out whenever Khalil can't be the hero, he's like an Evil Hero".

"What's an Evil Hero?", Dionte asks.

"An Evil Hero, is a evil person who does the dirty work, a hero can't do, for example, saving our lives meant sacrificing someone, we as heroes and people who never harm innocent people, couldn't make that decision even though it was a decision that needed to be made, Painkiller being the Evil Hero, made the decision to kill Dinah", Anissa says.

"What does that have to do with finding Painkiller?", Jenn asks.

"If being the evil hero is what brings Painkiller out, let's lure him out by making a fake crisis", Anissa says.

"Ok that might work, but how do we get Painkiller to go back into Khalil", Bruce asks.

"Huc atque illuc",  Khalil says sitting up grunting.

"Huc atque what?", Bruce asks.

"Painkiller is just a Latin Curse which strengthens the anger inside of you, but I've been cursed so long, I know my way around Latin Legends, There's a saying called "huc atque illuc" which means......". Khalil starts

"From one to another", Jenn says.

"What does this do?", Bruce asks.

"It takes the curse from one person to a person that utters the words", Khalil says.

"Like when you took the curse from Jenn to you", Anissa says.

"Exactly but this time, it will just come back to me", Khalil says. 

"This may work!", Jenn says.

"It has to work", Anissa states.

"Ok so now that we know how to return Painkiller back to Khalil, what crisis are we going to create that will bring Painkiller out", Bruce asks.

"We might not have to create a Crisis", Alfred says.

Everyone turns and looks at him. 

"Looks like Joker and his team of Misfits, are up to no good again", Alfred says.

"Joker?", Brandon whispers to Jenn.

Jenn laughs at Brandon's concern.

"Long Story", Jenn replies.

"What now?", Bruce asks.

"They're crashing the new movie Premiere at Gotham Cinema", Alfred says.

"Well team, this is the perfect crisis", Bruce says, "Suit Up!".

Everyone starts to suit up. Khalil sits up to go suit up.

"Woah Khalil, not you!", Bruce starts, "You're in no condition to go up against Painkiller".

"If I'm weak, he's weak", Khalil says still trying to get up.

"Not exactly", Alfred says walking up, "Painkiller is your strength, the weaker you get, the stronger he gets".

"Which is why you're staying here", Bruce says.

Khalil hesitates for a moment then lays back down.

After suiting up the team leaves to go to the mission. Alfred is sitting at the computer tracking them.

"See Khalil, sitting back and relaxing isn't as bad as it seems right", Alfred says.

Khalil says nothing. 

"Khalil?", Alfred says turning around.

The table Khalil was on is empty and the sound of the BatMotorCycle is heard leaving the Batcave.

"Oh no", Alfred says.

At the movie premiere people are fleeing the red carpet at the site of Joker and his Associates (Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and The Riddler).

"Oh no, don't run the movie is just starting, it's called Death of Movie Goers", Joker jokes.

"I've always wanted to walk a red carpet, this purrrrrfect", Catwoman says.

Just then Batman, Thunder, Lightning, Dionte and Brandon, show up.

"Oh and looks like the party just got better puddin", Harley says.

The red carpet is clear and the Two Team stand in front of each other like they're at war. 

"I'll take the Cat and Female Clown", Lightning says.

Harley Quinn winks.

"I'll take the two big ones", Thunder says referring to Bane and Killer Croc. 

Killer Croc grunts.

"I'll take Penguin and Frozone here", Dionte says. 

"Leave me Joker and Riddler", Batman states.

"Aren't you guys missing someone, the weird split personality boy", Joker says.

"He's right here", a voice says off into the distance. 

They turn to see Painkiller walking up holding a knife.

"I'll take him!", Brandon states turning to Lightning, "But I need you to remove this Bracelet". 

"What, why me?", Lightning asks, "And what's with this bracelet?"

"Oh because I can't get it off", Brandon says not telling her the whole truth.

"Oh ok", Lightning says.

She grabs the Bracelet and it shocks her, then the Bracelet falls to the ground.

"What kind of Bracelet is that!", Lightning asks picking it up and sliding it in her suit pouch.

"An expensive one", Brandon jokes.

"Enough talking let's fight", Joker yells.

Lightning flies up to Catwoman but she pulls out her whip and wraps it around her. Lightning struggles to pull it off. Catwoman starts to pull it toward her but Lightning grabs the whip and shocks it. Sending a surge down the whip and on to Catwoman. Catwoman lets it go screaming. Jenn flies down to get her but Harley knocks her back with a giant malet. Lightning falls to the ground. Harley swings it again but Lightning rolls out of the way and kicks the malet out of Harley's hand, then kicks Harley into Catwomen. She quickly jumps up and grabs Catwoman's whip off the ground and wraps it around Harley and Catwomen and ties it in a knot.

"Time!", Lightning says.

Catwoman rolls her eyes.

Thunder steps up, and thunder claps throwing Bane and Killer Croc back a few feet. She then runs up on Killer Croc, who grabs her and throws her straight into Banes arms. Bane holds her arms around her back and Killer Croc walks up and starts punching her in the stomach. Thunder holds her breath so she doesn't feel. 

"You're....", Killer Croc grumbles.

"Indestructible", Thunder says smiling.

She then grabs Banes hand and flips over his head and onto his back, once she's on his back she grabs the two tubes connected to his back and pulls them out. He falls to ground. As she's about to go for Killer Croc. Lightning shocks him from behind, and he collapses at her feet.

"Thanks sis", Thunder says.

Dionte is fighting with Penguin and Mr. Freeze. Penguin swings his cane at Dionte, who Freezes it and kicks it, shattering it into pieces. He then Freezes Penguin from head to toe. After freezing Penguin he turns and faces Mr. Freeze.

"Go ahead", Mr. Freeze says, "Give me more power".

Dionte smiles and makes a fire ball. Mr. Freeze face goes numb as he tries to back away. Dionte throws the fire ball in the air and when it hits the ground it makes a circle of fire around Mr. Freeze, Mr. Freeze stops in tracks scared to move. Batman easily just throws an electrical batarang at Joker and Riddler. They collapse on the ground shaking. Joker laughs as he gets shocked.

Brandon fights against Painkiller, it's neck and neck. Painkiller has Brandon pinned down. Brandon kicks Painkiller in the stomach who rolls into a crouching position. Brandon jumps up. Suddenly Khalil walks up with his sword, struggling.

"Let me", Khalil says grunting.

"No, you're already weak, I'm not letting you fight", Brandon says.

"Good, cause I don't need your permission", Khalil says.

Khalil still tries to walk up to Painkiller. Brandon takes a deep breath

."Then I'm sorry for this", Brandon says placing his hand on the ground. 

Khalil falls on the ground. Brandon then waves his hand up into the sky and branches comes out of the ground and surround Painkiller. Painkiller struggles to get out of the branches. Everyone gathers around him, prepared to fight if he gets loose. Khalil stands up.

"NOW, SAY IT NOW KHALIL", Jenn yells.

"huc atque illuc", Khalil says.

Suddenly Painkiller turns in to a cloud and flies over to Khalil's body and surrounds him, then disperses. Khalil falls to ground. Everyone runs over to him.

"Khalil are you ok?", Anissa asks.

"Besides having my Painkiller back, I'm feeling good as hell", Khalil says standing up.

Everyone surrounds him, hugging him. Batman turns around and faces Joker.

"Well Joker, back to the Asylum you go", Bruce says.

Joker laughs hysterically.

"I'm the least of you problems, remember your new teammate from the league of assassins that you let get killed?", Joker asks.

"What about her?", Batman asks.

"Just know the league ain't happy about it and now they're going after the ones connected to your little team, I'm pretty sure they live in a small town named Freeland", Joker says laughing.

Everyone stares at each other.

Later that night, as they finally celebrate being done with the missions in Gotham, Anissa walks in staring at them confused.

"So none of you care about what Joker said", Anissa starts, "The league is on their way to Freeland, to harm our Team".

"The league doesn't know who our team is, so they're kinda on a wild goose chase", Jenn says.

"Actually, they do know", Khalil says.

"What, what are you talking about Khalil?", Jenn asks.

"It seems like when I regained Painkiller, I got his memories from what he's been doing the past 24 hours, and it seems like he met with a met with a member of the League, and told them some classified information", Khalil says.

"and you wait now, to tell us", Anissa asks standing up, "We have to go back now".

"Uh I also have news, I came to Gotham one, because I missed all of y'all but there's something else", Brandon says.

"What?", Jenn asks.

"There's trouble in Freeland, now I don't know what just yet, but something is already there outside of the league and they tried to harm Lynn", Brandon says.

"What is with you all with holding out information, 2 teams are literally about to be in Freeland and Half of our team is here in Gotham", Anissa says.

"I tried to tell y'all, but y'all were more worried about helping Khalil, so I waited", Brandon says.

"and now something might be happening in Freeland, that we could have prevented, meaning we leave at dawn", Anissa says walking up to pack.

They all follow her to go pack. 

The next morning, Bruce has called a helicopter to take them back to Freeland. They come down stairs to say their good byes. Alfred and a few of Bruce's servants load up the helicopter with their bags. 

"Well guys, it was pleasure, being apart of a team as great as yours", Bruce says.

"You're not coming", Khalil asks.

"No, I have other plans, plus you have a pretty amazing team, you five can do anything", Bruce says.

They all go in for a hug. Then begin walking on the helicopter. Bruce waves goodbye as the take off. Alfred walks up to wave goodbye as well.

"You really think they can do anything?", Alfred asks.

"I know they can, they are Gotham's Finest", Bruce says smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the ending for this book, but Black Lightning: Drug Awakened: Chapter 20: The Book of War: Revenge (Finale 2) is the Ending for Both Books. So go over to My Black Lightning Book, Black Lightning: Drug Awakened and read the Final Part to that book.

But if you don't want to read that book, then this is the end for you! Thank you for reading my book and finishing it. I don't know when but I have another Black Lightning connected book called The Outsiders (from DC Comics). Look out for it, it may possibly come in November or December!

But in the meantime, I have a Charmed book coming in September so please tune in to that. 

UPDATE!!!!!

To Check out my full Black Lightning Trilogy (which now contains 5 books lol), Click the Link Below!

https://www.wattpad.com/list/675805173-black-lightning-trilogyutm_source=web&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share_info

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 13 16
In a dark and gritty world, Seraphina Thorn sets out on a perilous road of vengeance, driven by a past filled with pain and loss. Her target: a nefar...
6.6K 275 26
This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (Thunder) and Jennifer (Lightning) protec...
1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...
5.3K 98 19
beauty from pain is my own storyline./ john wick movies what happens when a young woman needs a vaction and she gets to new york city to escape her t...