The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 25

2.9K 141 6
By AvaFics

~*~

''Ugh!''

The two boys, Samuel and Enzo let go of the cell bars and sat down with tiredness evident in her eyes.

They have been trying to find a way to break the bars, but it won't even budge an inch. Although it was already kind of old, the strength of two little children won't be able to break it.

''Haah! Haah! It's impossible, we won't be able to get out of here.'' Enzo said weakly as he leaned on the wall with sore limbs.

''Get some rest for a while.'' Rosh said. Samuel sighed worriedly.

''What do we do now? Our strength alone aren't enough.'' He thought deeply.

Eveia eyed the bars with itchy hands, she's greedy to use her fire blessing right now, although it was a bit weaker than her past life's it was still efficient in weakening the cell. But how is she gonna explain to them about her powers?

Rosh gazed at their backs with careful wariness, and with a silent whisper..

The second step is carried.

Boogsh!

The far side of the basement suddenly exploded, making their tired faces change to shock and alertness.

Clack clack clack!

''Young master!''

A man with a knight's outfit came running infront of their cell. Rosh immediately acted and ran towards him.

''Sir!'' Rosh shouted. He held the bars of their cell with a shaky breath. But for only less than a second, his eyes glowed a red tint.

Samuel looked suspiciously at the man.

''Who are you? Do you know this person, Rosh?''

He looked at the Rome brat and nodded continuously. ''Yes, he's one of the knights I know!''

His statement didn't reduce Samuel's suspicion at all, and it was to be expected.

''Then..how did you find this place? How did you track us?'' Samuel interrogated.

''When I heard that the young master was kidnapped, I actually panicked and tried to follow your kidnapper. But I lost him.'' The man said.

''If you lost our abductor, how in the world did you even follow us?'' Eveia butted in.

''Eversince I was a child, my sense of smell is very sensitive. Since the young master and I have been acquainted for a long time, I am very familiar with his scent. I just followed his trace.'' He explained.

''Now, that is one heck of a cool posh move! I salute you, sir!'' Enzo said. Eveia then hitted the back of his head.

''Language!'' Enzo pouted.

Samuel then scolded them.

''Stop bickering now!'' They both stopped. Samuel looked at the man and asked sternly. ''Can you help us escape?''

The man smiled widely. ''Of course! That's what I'm here for, young lord.''

''Thank you, sir!'' Rosh said happily.

''Please step back for a moment, young graces, I do not want you to obtain some injury after this.'' They looked at each other before stepping back.

The man took out his sword. He gathered strength and force from his arms and powerfully slashed the bars.

Clang! Clang!

The bars of the cell immediately flew away, making a passageway. The children coughed as dust scattered around the air.

''It's parted(bars)! We escaped!'' Enzo said merrily as each one of them stepped outside the cell. Stretching their tired bodies, they finally felt a bit relieved.

Samuel looked at the man emotionlessly but still decided to be polite.

''Thank you, sir knight. We are indebted to you. I'm sure to return this favor.''

''It's alright, young master Rome! It's a knight's duty to protect you!'' He answered.

Samuel nodded and remembered something.

''Now, that reminds me, we still haven't received your name.''

''Oh! I apologize for my late introduction. My name is Grey Cecil, a knight from the duchy.'' Grey said and put his fist on his chest, he bowed.

''It's nice to meet you, sir Grey!'' Enzo said, Grey smiled. Eveia just quietly agreed.

''Let's do formalities later, we have to get out of here.'' Samuel said.

All nodded in unison and looked at Grey. He smiled, determined.

''Follow me!''

They followed Grey as they wandered in another way, opposite of the way they were taken inside. The whole way was very dark, the walls are cracked and so did the floors, its almost as if it could collapse anytime.

Rosh indifferently just walked while the others felt creepy just by the cold breeze in the dark path.

Samuel looked at the area warily and asked the knight.

''Are you sure this is the right way? This place seems different since you entered the basement by breaking the wall.'' He said.

''The way I used was just out of anxiety to find you, young master. Using this path, we could avoid being spotted by your abductor.''

''...really..''

After a while, they finally reached the end of the path. At the side, there was a wooden door, Grey opened it and looked inside. It was already above surface, they were once again inside the warehouse.

Grey gestured for them to go inside. The children obediently followed.

It was a storage room.

Carefully, the five of them slowly walked to where the other door was. That was the only way for them to exit to. Since they can't break the windows open, it will just attract attention.

They slowly went to the door. Grey stick his ear on the wooden door and tried to hear what's on the other side.

''Can you hear something?'' Samuel whispered.

''Is there someone there?'' Enzo added in a mutter.

Tak tak!

Eveia, looked back as her senses sharpened. She looked around at the dark with knotted forehead. She was certain she heard something being thrown on the floor.

It may seem a bit of a soft sound for others, but for early-awakened nobles like her, she knows it was something else.

Rosh knew the same. But only a small smile lifted at the side of his lips, barely visible.

''What's that?'' Eveia mumbled.

''What? What do you mean?'' Enzo heard her and also looked around the storage while Rosh quietly observed them. Samuel went beside them. ''What is it?''

''Something's here..'' Eveia said drowsily.

She couldn't understand, but she felt more tired than before.

Grey felt a bit strange and with a great sense of smell, he immediately smelled the toxic scent of sleeping gas. He took the noble kids on his arms and said loudly.

''Everyone, cover your noses. Don't inhale!''

He tried to warn them but it was too late. Just after he took them in his arms, they have already lost consciousness. Children's systems are really weak.

For a moment of silence, Grey put them down on the floor and stood up.

The black-haired child then chuckled as he also stood up. With glowing red eyes, Rosh glanced at him.

As if it was nothing more than an illusion, his knight outfit and body slowly melted down and turned into a kneeling dark shadow. He then said in a raspy voice.

''My task have been completed, my lord.''

''Good job, let's go..Grey.''

***

Another silent scream came out of Sean's lips. His overall appearance is disgusting. With more than ten cracked bones, broken vocal cords and a bleeding head, Sean weakly tried to crawl but ended up only wriggling on the floor.

''Huurgh..nngh! Nnngggh!'' Sean continued to suffer from the torture he has been through. He groaned continuously.

Blood stained almost every corner of the warehouse, it was like a massacre. Yet everything in sight was glory for Amros.

He stood beside the dying Sean and held out his palm. A small magic circle appeared and temporarily healed his external wounds.

''Can't have you dying can we? Hehe.'' Amros teased playfully. But in contrast to what he said, he created a few sprinkles of salt on his hand using magic and mercilessly rubbed it on Sean's big wounds.

''Mmmph! Mmpph! E-eurk!''

Amros had a big smile on his human face. How fun! He couldn't imagine how fun it was to do tasks!

''Vre-eeurgg fre--auhk!--nici!'' Sean tried to produce words. Even from the undecipherable gurgles that he said, Amros understood.

''Oh? I see, you're from Crela. No wonder your eyes seemed more slanted.'' Amros exclaimed.

Different from the traits of an Ainchleimian, Sean had a more slanted black eyes which is a trait for people born in Crela, the countryside village at the west.

He took his eyes away from Sean and smirked. ''It's time, Sean. Your trial had come.''

Bang!

The door loudly opened from the warehouse's storage room, there came out a child with three other children carried by a dark shadow.

Slowly they approached him and Amros bowed at his young master. Rosh didn't speak and just nodded as his gaze fell on Sean. With the assassin's vision intact, he recognized Rosh.

''Grrh! Heurgk!'' Sean couldn't believe it. That terrifying guy's master is a child, morever, it was the first child of that bastard, Duke Razon.

Rosh ignored his cries and looked at Amros.

''You handled him well, Amros.''

''Thank you, master~''

His dark shadow, which named himself Grey, didn't move an inch and carried Samuel, Enzo and Eveia using its shadow abilities.

Rosh squated at Sean and tilted his head, a mischievous grin rose from his lips.

''Well, well, well. Hi, Sean Virsh?''

Sean didn't make a sound and just stared at him. At the back, Amros had an annoying smirk plastered on his handsome face.

''A man who have lost everything, tried to rise with power but still ended up weak and useless infront of someone stronger. Funny thing is, I can't believe you'll kill the king in the future. What an absurd thing.'' Rosh said.

He used his magic to solidify darkness and created a stiletto dagger.

He played with it using his hands.

''You have killed many people, a big crime. You killed almost everyone in your village who harrassed your family. When you want revenge, you could have just killed everyone already, that may have had satisfied your rage. So stupid.''

On the other hand, a man clinging above the ceiling with an almost unnoticeable presence watched the show.

Amros, who's senses are in par to a god, glanced above and sneered. So, there's a little rat hiding above them.

The man saw the small changes and the slight sneer in Amros' face and felt confused a bit. Did that man sense him? Impossible, only his master was able to do that. Or, is that guy on the same level of his master? Or maybe even stronger.

Back to the main, Rosh stretched his hand and threw the dagger just an inch right beside Sean's head.

''So, assailant, what do you think will be the verdict?''

Sean saw the eyes of a starving beast, a monster craving for everything in its way. ''Hrrgk! Eeuk! Euh.''

Rosh chuckled and went infront of his paralyzed body.

''That's right, death penalty.''

In a second, Sean's head was squashed on his feet.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 871 52
A high trained Assassin is betrayed by her former lover, also known as the Royal's Son. The story takes place in Elisora, known for it's dark secrets...
181 7 13
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...
864K 25.3K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ----- 𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐒 I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
516K 31.3K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...