Five years of yearning

By xi_ran

This story is about the time period when Gao Shide went to America . How Zhou shu yi wait for him each and ev... More

Wait for me : part 1
wait for me : part 2
Grateful to have you
"Do you feel it"
let's meet again
it's too late for you to come back
struggling with the pain of betrayal
Unexpected reunion
Day first of working together
Do I deserve this kind of pain
Wait! BROTHER?
You're not allowed to say that!
The Suspicion
Am I that unlovable?
I'm tired too
Taking care of him
worried about my man
Author's Note
Heartbroken
Misunderstanding
jealous
passion
Wifey Don't Send Me There
My Baobei
The Fear
The Truth
Where Are You?
Dirty Game
Do You Really Deserve Him
Let's Suffer
Writer's Note
writer's note

Her confession

541 16 6
By xi_ran

When Zhou Shu Yi finally returned it was already ten in the the night.  He was so worried about Gao Shi De since he told him to came back at seven. Even in the way back he was driving so fast .

When he was about to entered abruptly in Gao Shi De's apartment he halted in middle after hearing the noises coming from inside.

Someone was laughing so hard inside and but obviously it wasn't Gao Shi De's voice. He already guessed to some extent whose voice was that as he silently opened the door with the key and peeked inside secretly.

As he expected it was Ariel. She and Gao Shi De both were having dinner together and chatting happily.

He was already stressed out after  meeting with Dr Naruse in the evening and finding out some more clues about Ariel and now when he saw her with Gao Shi De again it was like he was on the verge of losing control.

As expected Ariel's senses was so sharp as she already detected the presence of Zhou Shu Yi but still pretended not to see anything. As for Gao Shi De his back was facing ZhouShuYi , so he didn't notice him.

Ariel deliberately held the piece of shrimp and take it to Gao Shi De's mouth as she gestured him to eat. He refused a little at first but eventually opened his mouth and eat it.
" how's it?  Is it tasty? " Ariel asked him smiling.

Gao Shi De nodded slightly before digging in his own plate.
Finally Zhou Shu Yi couldn't take it anymore and left the room with frustration.

After entering in his own apartment he threw the bag to the side and put the food box on the table that he bought on the way back home.

He laid on sofa lazily as he loosen his tie and started thinking about the things that happen earlier in the day.

Earlier in the afternoon he got a call from Dr Naruse and he told him to meet. He lied to Gao Shi De that he was going to meet a client and came back early. Gao Shi De agreed and didn't ask further.

When he arrived at his place, Dr Naruse showed him some previous reports about Gao Shi De's condition and said, " It is the report of his condition just after he had gone through coma and now. And the good thing is he is far better than before and also his condition is improving faster. "

After hearing what he just said Zhou Shuyi was so delighted and started to check the reports keenly.

"But I still don't understand a thing? " Doctor Naruse asked doubtfully.

"What? " Zhou Shu Yi said with a questionable face.

"How come the doctors who were treating him at that time of his coma , didn't find it unusual. I mean look at the reports.  it is clearly showing the impact of that drug on his brain but they didn't even bother to ask about his previous medication. It's kinda weird. Do you know which doctor treated him back then? " he asked.

Zhou Shu Yi thought it a bit and then something occurred in his mind as he said, " Do you think Ariel is involved in this too?"

"Maybe. If she can able buy that drug then doing this is just a piece of cake for her. " Doctor said.

"Let me find about it. " Saying so he called XiaoYuan and asked about the information of the doctor who treated him . After a few moments of investigation XiaoYuan finally found out about the doctor and give his information to Zhou Shu Yi.

"Okay! Let me know if you find anything more about him." Saying so he hanged up the call.

"Our guess was right. The doctor and his team were assigned personally by Ariel . They came all the way from America just to treat him. His name is Mark ." Zhou Shu Yi said.

"Mark? Wait ! what's his full name? " doctor Naruse asked him being impatient.

"I don't know the full name but he's the main doctor of that team ."

Doctor lost in thoughts for a moment as his face showed a series of complex expression.

Seeing him like this Zhou Shu Yi asked, " what happened?  Do know someone named Dr Mark? "

The doctor frowned as he murmured unconsciously, "I do but I'm hoping this one not to be him "

Zhou Shu Yi went silent for a moment by judging doctor's expression. He thought it wouldn't be good to interfere in someone's private life so he didn't ask further.

A moment passed when doctor said slowly, " Do you know why I was so determined to make you out from your depression back then? Because I saw myself into you. You were going through the conditions once I had been through.

Mark and I were childhood friends. Same school. Same college and even we practiced medicine together. During that time I realized I fallen love with him or if I say I was being in love him from the start, it's just I accepted myself later.

He too loved me at some points. Like this we started dating. We even make out many times but ...you know what something like forever never exists in this world.

After few years of living together I realized his ambitions were greater than my love.
He got an offer from a foreign company working on new medicine experiments. It was a great opportunity for him so he didn't want to loose it but for it he needed to leave Japan and me too. I wasn't ready for that.

So one day he left  without telling me anything, only left a letter for me saying he was going. I don't blame him for choosing his career over me but at least I have a right know upfront that I'm going to be abandoned. It's not like I was the only in love ,he loved me too but still....."

He sniffled and in the end pulled a long smile as he scoffed, " but now I realize you're far  different from me. You're braver than me because you still choose to fight for what belongs to you even when there's least  chances. And I believe that you'll win too."

Zhou Shu Yi smiled a little as he said, " Thank you Doc for helping me and Gao Shi De all along. And also sorry for what happened. "

He didn't notice the time as they were too focused on their conversation and when he left it was already late.
He was already feeling under the weather after hearing doctor's story and after arriving home he saw Gao Shide with Ariel, it made him even more upset.

He sighed heavily and opened  the food box and slowly start nibbling on already cold food. After eating a little bit he stood up and went to being fresh before sleeping. 

After having dinner Gao Shi De again busied himself in work on laptop. Ariel intended to have a talk with him and sat beside him as she started talking about random things but soon she realized that Gao Shi De had been barely paying attention to her. In the end she sighed and said, " I think you are busy so I should not have disturbed you. I'm going to sleep. "

"Okay! You can sleep in my room. " he said without looking at her.
Ariel got excited knowing that she's going to share bed with him but before she could celebrate this in her mind Gao Shi De stated, " Don't worry about me . I'll sleep here on the couch. "

The happiness on her face vanished as fast as it comes and she murmured, " But we...

"I said it's okay! " Gao Shi De cut her off before she could finished.

She nodded slightly and went to the bedroom with a salty expression on face.

*********

At midnight Gao Shi De finally put his laptop aside and sighed softly in exhaustion.

He stood up and  went to the bedroom as he peeked inside a little. Ariel was in a deep sleep. He slowly approached her and stare her in sleeping. In the end a soft sigh escaped from his mouth as he tugged her with quilt and left the apartment .

Zhou Shu Yi was in a shallow sleep as he heard someone knocked on the door outside. He was so exhausted whole through the day and now his body has been aching all over.  He frowned a little as he lifted his body from the bed dragged himself to the door.

As he opened the door he found Gao Shi De stood outside with an unreadable expression on face. Before he could say anything Gao Shi De stormed in and hugged him tightly. Zhou Shu Yi was caught off guard by his sudden embrace as he staggered a few steps backward.

He could vividly feel his cold body and erratically beating heart, embracing him closely. A moment passed when he finally put his hand over his back and caressed a little as he asked softly, " what happened ? Are you okay? Why are you cold? "

Gao Shi De stammered as he said, " I....uh..I missed you whole day. Where had you been all day long?" I ...

Zhou Shu Yi freed himself from hug and made Gao Shi De look at him straight. After seeing his paled face he asked with worry, " did you take your medicine today?  Why do you look so pale?

It was already mid winter and he spent a lot of time sitting outside on sofa without wearing warm clothes and now his whole body was shivering.
His breathing became more rougher as he said, " I'm...I'm feeling worse right now. You're not allowed to go alone next time. I'll go with you. Understand? " Gao Shi De held his cheeks with both of his hands as his chest heaved up and down urgently.

It took a while when Zhou Shu Yi finally realized what was going on. Gao Shi De was having  a traumatic episode again. He didn't know what happened with him earlier in the day but he thought since Ariel had been there whole time then she must did or said something that triggered his brain.

Although Zhou Shu Yi wasn't aware that the one who had been responsible for his current condition wasn't Ariel but Gao Shi De himself. His mind became so addicted to Zhou Shu Yi's presence that when he disappeared for a while he started  stressing out. All the more in the presence of Ariel he couldn't even manage to call him. He forced his mind to calm down but the more he tried the more uncomfortable he felt inside and eventually ended up having mini traumatic episode.

Zhou Shu Yi touched his face being afraid that his actions might  worsen his condition further and said in a low timid tone, " Look ! I'm here. Okay. You need to calm down first. Everything is alright. "

"You're here?" Gao Shi De asked in a trembling voice.

"Yeah! I am ." Zhou Shu Yi replied.

"Then I want to feel you right now. " Gao Shi De said in a rough and urgent tone.

" ........???"

Before Zhou Shu Yi could process his thoughts Gao Shi De held his waist by one hand and back of head with another as he clamped his lips on Zhou Shu Yi's. Zhou Shu Yi didn't expect this  sudden attack as his eyes widened first but then he didn't protest either and let him kiss.

He thought it might make Gao Shi De calmed down but he didn't expect him to be more aggressive with each passing moment.

Gao Shi had been holding back for last few days and it made him sexually so frustrated.
The initial tender kiss turned into more  chaotic one as the room filled with wet sounds of kissing.
Gao Shi De lifted him up with one hand and make him sit on the table on side. Zhou Shu Yi's back hit behind the wall as he gasped for the breath.

Gao Shi De parted his legs and fixed himself between his legs and started munching on his lips and neck.
Zhou Shu Yi softly moaned and his legs naturally liped around GaoShide's waist as he hugged him by shoulders.

Gao Shi De was kissing and nibbling on his soft moist lips side by side without stopping in that moment of heat.

Zhou Shu Yi's whole mind went blank and body numb.

They kissed for a long time like that clinging to each other closely. In that passionate moment Zhou Shu Yi opened his eyes absent-mindly and his gaze fallen over the person standing by the door who knows since when?

His eyes widened as he tried to stop Gao Shi De as he patted on his back urgently. But in passion Gao Shi De was not any different from a beast as he held his hand and pinned near his ear on the wall behind.

Zhou Shu Yi cried mentally. He  tried to turned his head to escape  and said between that chaotic and messy kiss," Sam, uummmm.... look around!"

Gao Shi De heard him mumbling and stopped half way . Zhou Shu Yi finally caught his breath and gestured him to look behind.

He got confused as he looks behind and taken aback by seeing the person at door.

Ariel was boiling with a life threatening anger as one could clearly feel the rising fumes over her head. Her face became so red as she was trembling hard with hands clenched into fists.

She was staring viciously at Zhou Shu Yi who pinned on wall by Gao Shi De at that moment with messed up clothes and swollen lips.

He felt her gaze over him and try to free himself from Gao Shi De but before he could do so Gao Shi De held his hand firmly and refuse as he covered him behind himself and blocked Ariel's stare.

She was dumbfounded by this action of him .
Gao Shi De inhaled sharply as he gathered himself back and said " Listen Ariel! I didn't mean to hide it from you bu...

"Come with me! I need to talk about something RIGHT NOW! "Ariel cut him off in the middle and left in a fury.

Seeing her left he sigh heavily and turned around to look at Zhou Shu Yi. He cupped his cheek with one hand and asked with concern, " Are you alright? Did I hurt you anywhere? I'm sorry I didn't realize when did I...oh God! " he started  examining Zhou Shu Yi all over with a worried face.

Zhou Shu Yi stopped him as he said, " hey! I'm alright. It's okay.  You need to go and talk to her. She might be  angry. "

"I know,  it's my fault. I should've told her about us earlier. She might be shocked by this sudden encounter and angry too because I kept it as secret. But you don't worry, I'll tell her about us and she would definitely understand it." Gao Shi De said in a soft slow voice.

Zhou Shu Yi nodded slightly.

"I'll  come back soon. " Saying so he pecked on his lips softly and left.

Zhou Shu Yi sighed heavily as he mumbled, " I hope so!"

*****

When Gao Shi De returned to his room he found Ariel was standing in the balcony outside. He went to balcony  with heavy steps and stood beside her without saying anything.

A lot of time passed when Ariel finally sniffled loudly as she asked in trembling voice, " How do you want to explain this?"

Gao Shi De stayed silent for a moment then stated with a solemn face, " There's nothing to explain as you saw everything already . I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about me and him .
Ariel! I really like him. I don't know how did I fell for him but the only thing I know that I love him. Love him so much tha...

"What about me? " Ariel asked with teary eyes.

"Huh?"

"Have you realized that I like you too ? " Ariel scoffed as she continued, " I'm stupid to ask you this. You have already known that I love you but it's just you don't really care.

"I...(stammering) ..I'm so stupid to think that one day you will like me too. In the past I was afraid to confess but today I'll be brave to say you that I love you for a long time.
But....(sniffles)...no matter how hard i try I can't compare to him. You'll choose him over anyone or anything. " she started sobbing hard.

Gao Shi De lightly hugged her as he said, " Hey! Don't compare yourself with anyone else. You are you . You don't need to change yourself for anyone. I always loved you as my best friend and if it weren't you, I couldn't able to believe in myself first.
You're my family too. I always see you as my sister who always helps me no matter how hard I messed up with things.
So don't hurt yourself for me.
I'm sorry that I can't give you the kind of love you want. "

Ariel hugged him tightly as she said between sobes, " I know. But....(sniffles) ...it's too hard to accept. "

Zhou Shu Yi who was listening them from his own balcony cried too. He hates Ariel and there was no any doubt in it but sometimes he really found her so pathetic.

A long while passed when Ariel finally calmed down as she wiped her tear stained face and said mildly with a smile, " You don't worry about me. I'll be okay in few days. But you're not allowed keeping secrets from me . Do you understand? 
And .....congratulations too! "

Gao Shi De smiled as he nodded slightly.

"Then....I'm leaving. Have a good night. " Ariel said as she started to walk towards door.

"Wait! Where are you going. It's too late now. " Gao Shi De said concerning.

"It's okay. I need some time alone. " Saying so she left immediately.

As she take the step out of  the door the expression on her face turned savage. She dialed a number and said the other person with a threatening voice, " Mark ! Tell him I need to meet him urgently . I don't want any excuses. I'm going America tomorrow. "

It was the first time when Ariel told someone about her feelings so sincerely but got rejected so badly. More or less she already knew deep in her heart that in the end she would be the one to be rejected. So she already decided her next move in advance.

After Ariel left, Gao Shi De went to Zhou Shu Yi's apartment. When he came inside he found him in the balcony outside hands supporting against railing . He slowly walked to him and hugged him from behind as he murmured softly, " why are you standing here ? It's so cold outside. You might catch cold. "

Zhou Shu Yi turned around as he asked in a mild voice, " how's she? "

Gao Shi De sighed before saying, " she's alright. Don't worry about her. She needs some time to accept this. "
Zhou Shu Yi nodded a little as he hugged him back. They stayed there like this for a long time.
In the end Gao Shi De said, " let's go inside. You might be exhausted throughout the day. Have some sleep. "
Saying so he lifted him a little and carried inside.

A/N : Hey! Friends . How're you doin' ? Hope ya all safe.
Let me explain something about  why Gao Shi De hugged Ariel. It wouldn't really make any difference if I didn't write anything like this.  But the thing is since Gao Shi De don't know anything about Ariel's deeds then it would be unreasonable to make him hate Ariel. He still cares about her as a friend and feel guilty that he can't able to give her what she wants.
Hope it makes sense.

See you in next update and please don't forget to vote and comment 😊.
Love you 💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 2.1K 34
"Papa, is dada gonna be okay?" Two lovesouls One in coma Other one waiting him to be awake Met after 5 years what happened between them...
62.2K 3.2K 13
Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are have been in a relationship for five years. One day, Xiao Zhan propose to Yibo, but Yibo rejected him and run away. After...
86.1K 3.9K 30
Is it okay to fall in love again? What If they'll hurt me again? What if they will used me again? ------------------------------------------------ ...
79K 2.8K 30
This is a DeYi CP fanfic. That is Shi De and Shu Yi from WE BEST LOVE series. Will include #angst and #fluff I'm not good with this hashtags thingy b...