Of Story Books and Fairy Tale...

By WonderKerbs

"Yet, they forget that without the darkness the light cannot shine. And without the light, the darkness has n... More

Of Story Books and Fairy Tales
Note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX

XIV

19 1 0
By WonderKerbs

{Really suggest checking out Zoe Keating's music it's just magical.}

"Oh, almost," Edmund smirked as he parried Olivia's sword. The girl sighed. 

"Why is so hard to move in the snow?" she whined, blocking the counter-attack Edmund threw. 

"That's why this is good practice, Liv." 

Olivia swung Lunarstrike and as Edmund went to block, she quickly pulled back and switched directions. This caught the king off guard and he just managed to jump back, though losing his footing. He fell back into the snow and Olivia's laughter filled his ears. Reacting quickly, he pushed himself up to sit. "When did you learn that?"

"Seven may be noble with a sword, but he can be a sneaky mouse," Olivia smirked and held out a hand to help the king up. She had to admit, she felt a soar of pride as she was able to catch the king off-guard. However, Edmund had other plans. Grabbing her hand and in a swift movement, Olivia was now lying in the snow next to him. 

"Hey!" They both laughed away in the cold. It almost seemed like they were back in Cair Paravel, on the training grounds. Edmund smiled as Olivia sat up, snowflakes coating her eyelashes. Because of his past, winter was actually Edmund's least favourite season. However, he thought Olivia made it look more enchanting. 

"How does it feel to be beaten by your own student, my king?" she teased.

"You didn't exactly beat me, you know," he rolled his eyes, ignoring the flush on his cheeks.

The sun was on the brink of the horizon, the sky still a deep shade of blue and purple. It was almost time to leave. The lamppost awaited her and Olivia could feel the fear swelling in her chest. Edmund could see how flustered she was becoming about it all, which led up to training that morning, a distraction for her and to have her let loose from the stress weighing her down.

"We should get ready. We need to leave soon." Olivia said after catching her breath. Edmund nodded. 

"I'll get the horses ready." 

~.~

"Oh come on!" Susan scoffed as she watched Peter and Lord Sasha duel. It seemed the residents of Cair Paravel also had the idea of a perfect day to train. Lucy and Susan sat at the stone table and stools in Lucy's garden as the two men duelled nearby in an opening. They went at it for what felt like forever and the bored high queen decided to add in some commentary after a few minutes. 

"Do you mind, Susan?" Peter asked annoyed as his and Sasha's swords clashed. 

"Not at all. Though, maybe you should mind your footing." 

In the time of two seconds, Peter was flat on his back in the grass and his younger sisters burst out in laughter. 

"Forgive me, my lord." Sasha chuckled as he lent the high king a hand. "When Queen Susan mentioned your footing, I had to take the advantage."

"No matter, sir. If it were me, I would have done the same." Peter smiled. 

"Alright, my turn," Lucy called as she left her seat. This made all three of the adults raise their eyebrows at her. She skipped down the steps in her dress, unsheathing the dagger at her waist. 

"Lu, what are you doing?" Peter asked.

"Well, Lord Sasha had his turn sparring with you and now it's mine," she explained casually. 

"Are you sure that is wise, my lady?" Lord Sasha raised an eyebrow. 

"Edmund and Peter are experts in sword arts, Edmund being best in the land, Susan is the best archer in Narnia, and now here I stand." Lucy gestured to herself, looking between the three before her. Peter sighed silently. He knew that one day Lucy would want to join their training. After all, she could throw a dagger on point. But close combat was something else. 

"Alright Lu," he said. "But don't expect me to go full out on you."

"Wouldn't dream of it. That's my advantage." His youngest sister smirked, surprising the three. Susan stumbled a laugh as Lord Sasha tried to his grin behind his hand, both sharing a well-amused look. Peter, taken back, almost felt embarrassed. He took his stance with a smirk.

"Ready when you are." 

The two circled, eyeing each other and the high king swore he saw the hesitation in her eyes. 

"Scared Lucy?" That seemed to have snapped her from her thoughts and she grinned at him.

"Oh yes, I'm quivering in my boots."

"You've been spending too much time with Edmund." Peter scoffed. 

With a laugh she advanced, catching her brother by surprise as her dagger clashed with his sword. They danced about each other and to say that Peter was surprised that his youngest sister was able to hold up for so long. Alas, he caught her off guard and disarmed her. 

"Still quivering in your boots?" Peter smirked. Lucy's lips spread into a wide grin. 

"Very funny." 

"Why do I have a feeling Ed has been training you in secret?" Susan jested as she approached the two. 

"My queen, that was extraordinary." Sasha praised and Lucy bowed her head in thanks. 

"Well, he may have shown me a thing or two." she gushed. Peter chuckled but then something, someone caught his eye. His eyes lit up and he silently left the three others, making them look at each other confused. 

"How are you this morning, Morana?" The high king smiled, taking the young princess by the hand. 

"Morana? First name basis?" Lucy quirked an eyebrow looking at her older sister. Even Lord Sasha looked confused. 

"I am well," Morana replied, a blush adorning her cheeks. "And you, my lord?"

"Please, I've told you before. Peter is fine." 

Susan and Lucy shared a look. They had never seen their older brother like this before and Susan couldn't help but feel suspicious. She made a mental note to keep a sharp eye on the pair and make sure that they'd never be alone.

~.~

"You can begin the travel home, Thurma. We'll be following," Edmund said to the fox and she bowed her head. 

"We'll get them safely back to Cair Paravel, your highness," she replied, then looked up at him with a mischievous glint in her amber eyes. "And for Aslan's sake, watch over your future queen."

A blush graced the young king's face as he cleared his throat, glancing around them in hope no one had heard his most trusted soldier. 

"You best be on your way," he mumbled and Thurma laughed, trotting off to the group of survivors of Telmar and the small rescue party King Edmund had led here. 

"Are you sure you shouldn't go with them?" Edmund heard a voice he adored say behind him. Olivia had approached his side, watching the people walk off towards the east. Edmund looked down at her.

"They'll be fine. Susan will meet them at Beruna." Olivia felt his hand slipped into hers, causing her to look at him. 

"I'm not leaving you to do this journey alone, Liv," he said softly and the girl swore she felt her heart pick up its pace. A smile grew on her cold face as she gripped his hand.

"Let's get going then." 

"How long do you reckon?" Willow asked, leaning up against a tree with Cheval and Seven standing next to him. Seven was examining his sword when he looked up at the faun, then followed his gaze to where he watched the two young humans smiling at each other.

"Possibly longer than you'd think," answered the mouse. "We all know how closed-off the king can be." 

"Yes, but don't be surprised if he cannot control his actions because of his emotions," Cheval spoke up. "I say before this journey ends."

"Are you saying he'll kiss her before we finish this quest?" Seven quirked an eyebrow up at the horse. 

"The young king has a way with words but remember, this is the first we've ever seen him like this."

"Fine. If he kisses her before we return to Cair Paravel, I'll clean your stables for a month." Willow smirked over at Cheval. 

"Have fun with that." Phillip mused, appearing beside Cheval as the couple walked back over to them. Seven shook his head.

"Search of the lamppost my arse. More like search of romantic feelings between two teenagers with the losing bet of a faun." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 1.3K 16
{REWRITTEN 10/10/23} When Y/N befriends the youngest Pevensie, Lucy, she brings Y/N into a magical land inside a wardrobe. After exploring the fantas...
252K 9.3K 60
โ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ.โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐•ฎ๐–๐–Ž๐–’๐–†๐–Š๐–—๐–† เผปโ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
3.9K 127 18
The princess of Narnia ruled for hundreds of years alongside Aslan, her protector. The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve finally arrive. What took t...
1.9K 52 16
Three years later in Narnia, one year in Our World, the youngest Pevensies, along with their cousin, are called to the land two so dearly adore. But...