Only Time Will Tell (A Lubert...

By Wubz_Man

After being in Genova for what felt like so long, Giulia and Luca were finally coming back to Portorosso for... More

Chapter 1- Butterflies in My Stomach
Chapter 2- Portorosso
Chapter 3- The Mysterious Letter
Chapter 4- Alberto Gets Ready
Chapter 5- The Wooden Carving
Chapter 6- Alberto and Giulia Reunite
Chapter 7- Alberto and Luca Reunite
Chapter 8- The Gifts
Chapter 9- Awkward Situation
Chapter 10- Cake and Confessions
A.N- Important Note
Chapter 11- Luca's Realization
Chapter 12- Alberto's Secret Revealed
Chapter 13- Sleepover
Chapter 14- The First Move
Chapter 15- Alberto's Plan
Chapter 16- An Old Enemy
Chapter 17- Ercole's Mistake
A.N- 1K READS!!
Chapter 18- The Fight
Chapter 19- Surprise Invitation
Chapter 21- A Talk With Massimo
Chapter 22- Arriving at the Island
Chapter 23- Their Confessed Feelings
Chapter 24- An Unexpected Return
Chapter 25- Daddy Issues
A.N- Schedule Update
Chapter 26- A Change of Heart
Chapter 27- The Truth
Chapter 28- Offer Accepted
Chapter 29- The Missing Vespa Case
Chapter 30- If Anything Happens, I Love You
A.N- I am back! + Chapter 31 Release Date
Chapter 31- The Mastermind Revealed
Chapter 32- Trouble on the Cliffside
Chapter 33- A Final Standoff
Chapter 34- A New Normal
Chapter 35- A Bond Between Two Enemies
Chapter 36- Portorosso Preparation
Chapter 37- The End
Epilogue
Authors Acknowlegement
A.N- Sequel! I Need Your Help!
A.N- Authors Update/Sequel Info
A.N- Sequel Release Date

Chapter 20- Luca's Flower

1.1K 45 12
By Wubz_Man

The trio approached the sign up booth for the race, relieved that it was still open. Luca was still disappointed that he wouldn't be able to practice due to his head injury, but at least he would be able to do the actual race in a week. They approached the booth, where Signora Marsigliese was sitting. As she did every year, Marsigliese was in charge of the race, and had crowned the underdogs the victors the previous year. She noticed Giulia walk toward and smiled.

"Ah Giulia, you're just in time. I was about to close the sign up."

Giulia was panting from running to the town square in a hurry. "Phew.. anyways, we're going to all be on the same team this year."

"Ah, very good. I wish the underdogs the best of luck this year!" Signora Marsigliese said as she wrote down all of their names. "The race starts in a week, the prize will.."

Giulia interrupted her, "We already know the rules!"

Signora Marsigliese sighed, "I should have guessed... anyways, you three are entered. Good luck!"

Giulia thanked the woman and walked away, Luca and Alberto following closely behind. Alberto couldn't get his mind off of tomorrow night. You've waited all this time, Alberto. You have to make it special; it's for Luca.

"Alberto?" Luca tapped him on the shoulder.

"AH!" Alberto shouted. "I mean- what's up?"

"You weren't paying attention, you were about to walk right into that wall.. Are you okay?" Luca asked concerned.

Whenever Luca was worried about something, he had a certain concerned look in his eyes. It reminded Alberto of a puppy dog's eyes. So adorable..

"Yeah! I'm fine," Alberto muttered. "Sorry, must've dozed off." He tried to act casual but Alberto knew that he was probably acting like a complete fool in front of Luca.

Luca laughed, "That's okay, Al. Come on, let's make sure you don't walk into another wall!"

Alberto laughed and followed Luca up the hill along with Giulia, who seemed a lot happier and more bubbly then usual.

"Can you guys believe it?" Giulia squealed in excitement. "Us three, the underdogs, finally in a race together! And with no Ercole too! Score!!"

"Yeah! We didn't get to do it together after what happened last..." Luca instantly stopped talking and covered his mouth. He remembered the fight he had with Alberto, which ultimately caused them to split their team up. Even though they still won, it was still something Luca regretted.

Alberto frowned slightly, also remembering the same thing. "Yeah haha... last year.."

"Al, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even brought that up," Luca apologized.

Alberto smiled and shook his head, "It's fine, Lu." He blushed slightly and looked back down at his feet as they continued to walk. It was like you could hear a pin drop; the awkward silence lasted a while before Giulia burst out laughing.

"You two really are bad at hiding it.." Giulia teased.

Luca felt embarrassed. "N-no.."

"Giulia, you better stop doing that.." Alberto said seriously. Giulia loved to joke around with Alberto, and he usually joked back. But this time, she could tell he was more serious and calmed down. "Alright, alright."

By the time they had finished talking, they had arrived at Giulia's house. Luca remembered that his parents told him to come home right after entering the race, so he started to head back to his house.

"Luca, hold up!" Giulia yelled.

Alberto watched as Luca nervously walked back to them. Giulia whispered something and quietly handed Luca something. He slightly nodded his head back at her. She smiled at Luca, then looked over at Alberto and grinned. "See you tomorrow Luca! You can come watch us practice if you want."

And with that, Giulia walked inside and shut the front door. Alberto was very confused. "Hey! This is my house too you know!" he shouted.

Alberto turned back to face Luca again. "Can you believe her? What was that about?"

Luca nervously laughed back. "I don't really know. Just Giulia being Giulia, I guess." Alberto thought it looked like Luca was holding something behind his back, but shrugged it off.

Alberto also noticed Luca was shaking a little. It wasn't very noticeable unless you really looked at him hard enough. "Are you okay?" Alberto asked.

Luca nodded, "Yeah, don't worry." Luca panicked as he tried to make up an excuse. "I just got a bit of a headache still. I'll be fine!"

Alberto calmed down and nodded back. Why was Giulia acting so weird?

"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow then?" Alberto asked.

"Of course!"

Alberto smiled and walked forward, embracing Luca in a hug. Luca smiled and hugged Alberto back, resting his head on the boy's shoulder. He watched as Alberto walked towards the door, waving with a stupid grin on his face. He tripped over one of the steps, causing him to lose his balance and fall to the ground.

"I totally meant to do that!" Alberto shouted. Luca laughed and waved goodbye to Alberto and started walking towards his house.

Alberto shut the front door and instantly shook his head. "Stupido!" he told himself out loud.

Giulia was making a cup of tea and heard what Alberto had said. "Everything okay, Al?" she asked.

"Oh nothing... I just tripped and fell. I acted so stupid in front of Luca." Alberto blushed in embarrassment and looked down at the floor so Giulia couldn't see him blushing.

Giulia laughed but comforted her brother, "You.. are TOTALLY falling for him!"

Giulia laughed and jokingly punched him in the shoulder.

"I am not!" Alberto yelled back. His face was as red as a tomato, and as much as he tried to hide it, Giulia could obviously see it.

"Al, no need to lie. You're with me, now!" Giulia exclaimed.

Alberto sat down at the table with Giulia and rested his head in his hands. "I don't know, Giulia... I mean, what if he doesn't like me back? Tomorrow could go.. horribly wrong."

Giulia put an arm around his shoulder. "That's just the risk you'll have to take, Al. And besides, he's always going to be your friend. Luca isn't the type of person to just abandon you."

Alberto let out a sigh of relief, knowing that she was right. He knew that deep down, Luca would always be there for him. He just hoped it wouldn't get too awkward if Luca didn't feel the same way.

"I'm gonna go upstairs for the night, goodnight Al." Giulia yawned.

"Goodnight, Giulia." Alberto said. He sat at the table alone, contemplating what was going to happen tomorrow. He still was thinking about how Giulia and Luca were acting all funny earlier when they were in front of the house. What was that about?
________________________________

Luca started to walk back to his house, clutching something in his hands. He looked down at the white tulip that he held in his hands.

Earlier that day, Ercole had completely destroyed a bouquet of flowers that he had gotten for Alberto. Because of that, Giulia had given Luca a white tulip that he was told to give Alberto the next day at the island. Alberto didn't know that, but it explained why Giulia was whispering something to Luca and why she had handed him something as well. While it wasn't as beautiful or elegant as the green bouquet of flowers that Luca had originally planned on getting Alberto, it was still a nice, beautiful flower that reminded Luca of Alberto. Luca had grown to accept the feelings he had; the feelings he had towards his best friend. Sometimes, he had trouble admitting it, but whenever he saw Alberto, whenever he hugged him, and whenever he was around him, Luca kept feeling the familiar warm and fuzzy feelings that he had first felt weeks ago.

As Luca walked into his house, he greeted his family before heading upstairs to his room. He took some of the pain relief medication that he had gotten at the clinic, and started to get ready for bed. Luca set the tulip for Alberto on his nightstand and laid down gently. As he laid his head down on his bed, he thought about one thing, and one thing only.

I love Alberto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188 4 4
Luca can't believe it; Alberto has returned to compete with him and Giulia, this should make him happy, but things are not that easy. Giulia and Albe...
18.2K 549 22
Human Luca x Sea monster Alberto AU Luca lived in Potoroso with his family and they were very poor but Luca continuing his studies he will work hard...
82.3K 2.6K 23
*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every corner, waiting for someone to walk it's...
1.5K 63 10
After Alberto fell in love and confessed, Luca vanished for six years. Years passed, and the Underdogs find themselves back in Portorosso, but the si...