The Scheme

By PoeticMu5ic86

Kayli loves her big brother and would do anything for him. So when an accident forces him to not be able to a... More

The Accident and Plan (pic of kayli)
Trainer From Hell (pic of Sam)
Gay Besties Rock(pic of Charlie)
Unrequited Love..is there any other kind
The Almost Kiss (pic of Brent)
Revelations (pic of Caleb)
The Wake up Call
Let's be Friends
Ready to go
Roadtrip (pic of Coach Smalls)
Surprises can be a Bitch
Rub me the wrong way
Chapter 12 (going to all boys..)
The Hunt
I'll play student, you be teacher (pic of Caleb)
The slap heard around the world
Confrontations Galore (picture of Gwen)
The Aftermath
Soap Opera's Blow
Deadly Encounters
Bromance's Are Sweet

Just Call me "Peaches" (pic of Sam)

8.2K 104 20
By PoeticMu5ic86

A/N So I have a major cold but didn’t want to leave you all waiting so I uploaded, if anything doesn’t make sense sorry I’m a but out of it right now, so things I found amusing probably aren’t. As always please vote/comment if you like it, and if you don’t like it tell me why so I can work on it. This story is for you guys so I want you to enjoy it : ) And thanks for all the recent fans, votes, and comments…you guys are the best but I’m sure you already knew that! PS Hopefully this is a long chapter because it in nine pages on word.

Recap

“Are you going to let me pass?” I said, wanting to escape this awkward moment.

Meeting his eyes, something flickered within in them gluing me to that spot. A strange tension was building up around us, so thick that I started taking in deep shallow breaths.  A dark expression flitted across his face as continued to stare at me. I wanted to say something, anything, but I somehow lost the ability to speak. Unexpectedly his face appeared to me closer, his lips mere millimeters from mine, our breaths mingling together. Oh my god was he going to kiss me and more importantly did I want him to?

DING DONG…

The doorbell rang, snapping a dazed Sam back into reality. Taking in our close proximity, he stepped to the right and headed towards the front door. I stood there speechless, still unable to move. To say I was utterly confused would have been an understatement, did Samuel Cooper just try to kiss and was I about to let him. This night just got a hell of a lot more interesting…

Chapter 6

Sam’s POV

I scurried to the front door, not even risking a glance back at K. What the hell am I doing, did I just try to kiss her? And was she going to let me? Dammit Sam, she’s your best friend’s sister, she’s your best friend’s sister. I repeated it over and over again in my head, hoping the words would sink in and I would stop imagining her soft lips against mine. Reaching the front door, I swung it open to be greeted my none other than Nate.

“Hey man, are we partying tonight or what?” he said excitedly, throwing his fist in the air.

Gotta love Nate, this kid gets you pumped for anything, “Yeah man, how did you know?” I questioned.

“Who else, Lisa told me” he grinned, walking into the house as I shut the door behind him.

Damn that girl was fast, I barely messaged her ten minutes ago and people are already showing up. I guess she really isn’t called the “gossip queen” for nothing. Following Nate, we headed into the living room where Brent was still wrapped up in the Xbox.

“Holy shit bro, what happened to your leg?” Nate asked, eyeing Brent’s cast.

“Long story” Brent said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Um ok, are you going to be all good when soccer starts up again?” Nate said, eager to know.

Nate was on the soccer team with us but wasn’t trying to play professionally, his parents got him into it hoping it would keep him out of trouble, little did they know it probably got him into more messes.

“Yeah man, it’s just a fracture, I’ll be as good as new by the time preseason begins” Brent said, his voice full of determination.

Relief washed over Nate’s face as he plunked down next to Brent, grabbing the other controller and joining in on the game. Taking a seat next to them, I took a casual sweep around the room and was surprised to see Charlie and Kayli nowhere in sight. Shit, I probably scared the crap out of her with that almost kiss. She’s definitely going to be act differently around me, a pang of regret hit me. As much as I wanted to kiss her, I didn’t want her to act weird around me. We might not be close, but I cherished what little relationship we had.

Brent and Nate began talking about the party and which hot girls were most likely to show up. Not caring to join in on their conversation, I leaned backed into couch, my head on the headrest. Closing my weary eyes, an image of Kayli’s face popped into my mind. Having never been so close to her before, I discovered things I didn’t know.

She had a few light freckles across her nose, her lashes were so dark and full, outlining her mesmerizing blue eyes. But they weren’t just blue as I had previously thought, but had small flecks of green in them. When she smiled nervously, a small dimple appeared on her right cheek, so faint that if you weren’t paying attention you wouldn’t have noticed.

And the way she smelled, it was a mixture of peaches and a light floral scent. My mind began replaying the almost kiss, how her warm breath blew across my face, how here eyes fluttered closed when my lips were so close to hers, the way she bit her lip almost as if in anticipation. A small moaned escaped my lips and my eyes shot open as Brent and Nate’s conversation abruptly stopped. They both were giving me inquisitive looks, while I tried to focus my attention on anywhere but their probing eyes.

“Daydreaming there buddy?” Nate asked, cocking his head sideways, a small grin playing on his lips.

“Um yeah, something like that” I said, wanting to drop the subject.

“Someone I know?” Brent asked, eyeing me challengingly, almost daring me to try to lie to him.

“As a matter fact you do, your Mom” I said, an nervous laugh escaping my mouth.

“Haha, very funny” Brent replied, shaking his head in disgust.

“Hey man don’t hate on Sam, the Reed women are hot. Speaking of hot, where is your sexy little si..” Nate said, not being able to finish his sentence as both me and Brent smacked him on the back of the head.

Smack!

“Oww man, no need to get violent” Nate said, rubbing the back of his head with a pained expression on his face.

Brent and I both snickered, Nate knows better then to talk about Kayli that way in front of us. Nate had a scowl on his face, clearly not amused, which only made us laugh harder.

“Okay guys, I get it I’m funny, so what’s the game plan for tonight?” he said, obviously wanting to change the subject.

“Well I plan on getting piss drunk tonight!” I said, determined to get my mind off of Kayli, at least for one night.

“Great, that just leaves more ladies for me!” Nate smirked.

“Well I plan on getting some sympathy from the ladies tonight and being fawned over” Brent said, moving his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

I wanted to laugh because I knew he wasn’t the so-called player he pretended to be. Nope, Brent Reed has been in love with the same girl for years, Amy Grace. You could say that’s what made us such good friends, besides soccer, we were both madly in love with someone who didn’t have a clue. The only difference was is that I knew I didn’t have a shot of being with Kayli, that’s why I date a lot. Every relationship I get involved with, I’m secretly hoping they will help me forget about her, but in the end they can never hold a candle to her.

Just then the doorbell rang, I hopped off the couch to open the door. A flood of people came in, some carrying alcohol and a guy even brought a sound system. I waved them all in, greeting everyone that I knew. A hot blonde brushed by me, giving me a flirtatious wink. Yep, this party is exactly what I needed.

Kayli’s POV

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Charlie chided, while looking me and up and down from the doorway.

“What?” I said innocently, as Charlie’s brown eyes bore into mine.

“I know I am pretty Kayli, but that doesn’t mean I’m dumb” Charlie said, looking beyond irritated.

I instinctively went into defensive mode, “First off I have no idea what you are talking about. And secondly, you are pretty…pretty lame” I spat, trying to walk pass him and up the stairs.

“Ouch love, that hurt.  I know you are disappointed that Sam didn’t kiss you but no need to take it out on me” Charlie said, as I was rushing past him.

I stopped in my tracks, how did he know that Sam was going to kiss me? Turning on my heels, I grabbed Charlie’s arm and dragged him up the stairs. I threw him in my room and slammed the door behind me.

Taking a deep breath, I whirled around to see a smug Charlie, “How did you know about that?”

“I didn’t, at least not for sure until now. You two were gone for a awhile and when I found you in the hall all dazed I knew one of two things happened, you either kissed or didn’t. And judging by your behavior, I’m assuming you didn’t ” he said, a knowing smirk written across his face.

“Damn, you are to smart for your own good” I said, as I collapsed down on my bed.

“Enough with the compliments, I want to know ev-ery-thing” Charlie said enthusiastically, jumping up and down by bed. Geez, is the word trampoline written across my bed, remembering this is the second time today someone felt the need to jump on it.

“What’s to tell...” I said vaguely, not really wanting to discuss it. A part of me was still in shock, I mean I really haven’t had time to process what just happened, let alone am able to talk about it.

“Are you shitting me right now! I’m your bestest girlfriend in the world and you’re not going to share with me!” Charlie said, looking at me mystified.

“Okay princess, no tears, please. You know I hate to see you cry” I said mockingly to Charlie, as he wiped a fake tear from his face.

I began retelling him what happened, Charlie was surprisingly quiet the whole time, not interrupting once. As soon as I finished, I looked up at him expectantly, waiting to hear his opinion.

“Wow!” he said, finally breaking the silence.

“Wow…that’s all you have to say?” I said flabbergasted, Charlie always had something to say about everything.

“Well, what did you want me to say?” he said, confused at my reaction.

“I don’t know, I just expected you to be more shocked or something” I explained.

“Surprised, why would I be surprised? I knew that boy has wanted you for ages, it was just a matter of time before he acted on it” he said, looking at me like I was an idiot.

“Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. If anything, this haircut has thrown him off, making him do things he wouldn’t normally do” I reasoned.

“Kayli, I love you babe but you can be dumb as rocks sometimes” Charlie joked, poking me in my sides.

“And you my dear friend, are a beer short of a six pack” I said, patting him on the cheek.

“Wow K, words can hurt you know. Okay, serious question for you, when he went to kiss you, did you want him to?”

“Honestly…I have no idea. I mean a part of me was excited you know, that this inhumanly sexy guy wanted to kiss me, but another part of me was screaming this is Sam. Your brother’s best friend, the guy that can’t be around you for five seconds without something perverted coming out of his mouth”

“Is it bad that I wish he would say perverted things to me?” Charlie said, staring dreamily off into the distance.

I laughed, throwing a pillow at Charlie’s face, “You’re not helping”

“I can’t help it, that boy can say naughty things to me all day if he wants. You cant sit there and honestly say it doesn’t turn you on” Charlie said, winking at me.

“Seriously Charlie, you are so gross sometimes. I, my friend, am a lady. And as a lady I expect to be treated with respect” I said, a haughty look on my face.

Charlie started to giggle, clenching his sides, “K, I’m more of a lady than you are” he said in between laughs.

I burst into laughter, he had me with that one. We sat there laughing and just talking for what seemed like hours, completely oblivious to the raging party downstairs. A large crash brought us out of our happy oblivion, I stood up giving Charlie a sad face.

“It’s time to make sure those idiots aren’t destroying my house, sorry to cut our girl talk short”  I said, heading towards the door.

“It’s okay sleeping partner, I’ll be here when you come back” Charlie said, turning on the television.

I nodded, shutting the door and headed down the stairs, afraid to see the mess I’m positive was there.  As I hit the last step, my eyes took in the crazy sight before me. There must have been over a hundred people in the house, bodies were pressed up against each other, as a loud beat pulsed through the air. The temperature could have easily been twenty degree’s higher, compared to upstairs, with this many warm bodies. I scanned the room, looking for my brother’s face, I was going to kill him.

“Well if it isn’t my most favorite person in the world!” Sam announced, standing on top of the coffee table.

He hopped down, stumbling a little as he moseyed over to me. I caught him just as he was about to fall down, my arms struggling to hold him up, damn this boy was heavy.

“Sam are you drunk?” I asked as breath hit my face, reeking of alcohol.

“No sexy, why ever would you think that?” he said, swaying back and forth as I tried to keep him on his feet.

“Oh I don’t know, maybe because you smell like you’ve been swimming in beer and can’t seem to stand upright.” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

“Well you smell like peaches and flowers, I’m going to start calling you peaches!” he said, amused at his own comment.

“Um ok, well I think you’ve had enough fun for one night. Let’s get you upstairs” I said.

“Are you trying to take advantage of  me Miss Reed?” Sam whispered close to my ear, my body involuntarily shuddered at his closeness.

“No I’m trying to prevent you from making an ass out of yourself and from throwing up on my Mom’s carpet” I retorted, as I swung his arm across my shoulders.

We started walking up the stairs, he protested mumbling how I wasn’t his Mom, but allowed me to take him into Brent’s room.

“Aww Peaches, I thought I was going into your room” he moaned as I chucked him onto Brent’s bed.

“Is that all you think about, sex?” I asked, irritated.

“Only when I’m around you Peaches, only when I’m around you” he said, while I began pulling off his shoes.

I blushed, I know I shouldn’t be flattered but something in his voice sounded so sincere. I was about to pull the covers over him, when he stopped me, his warm hand grasping mine.

“Not so fast there, you really don’t expect me to sleep like this?” he said, a cute pout on his face.

Cute, I meant annoying, “If you think I’m taking off your pants, you are more drunk than I thought” I spat.  

“At least help me take off my shirt” he said, throwing his arms in the air like a little boy.

“Fine!” I said exasperated, pulling his shirt over his head and tossing it on the floor. Turning back, my eyes were instantly drawn to his stomach, but can you blame me, this guy didn’t have a six-pack, he had a ten-pack.

Sam eyes met mine, making me flush with embarrassment, “Like what you see?” he smirked.

“No, uh not at all” I stuttered, damn Kayli, great comeback.

“Whatever you say Peaches” he said drowsily, his eyes drooping slightly as he laid down on the bed.

I stood there admiring him, god he really was gorgeous, his face was perfectly sculpted, the angles more apparent in the dim light. Resisting the urge to run my fingers along his face, I pulled up the blanket to cover him.

I was about to turn away, when I thought about the situation I was in. Now, would be the perfect time to ask him why he tried to kiss me.

“Hey Sam, can I ask you something and get a serious answer from you” I said, sitting back down on the bed.

“Sure doll face” he mumbled into the pillow, turning his face towards mine, his eyes still closed.

“Why did you try to kiss me earlier?” I said softly, afraid of his answer.

His eyes opened, his blue stare penetrating me, “Why do you think, because I’ve always wanted to.”

I smiled at his response, figures he would say something short and sweet. His eyes were closed again, his breathing becoming deeper.

Knowing he was asleep I leaned in, kissing his cheek lightly, “Goodnight player” I whispered, turning to leave.

As I opened the door, I heard his mutter softly, “Goodnight Peaches.”

I shut the door quietly behind me, a small smile still on my lips. As I turned I ran into someone, looking up to apologize, my mouth dropped. Standing in front of me was someone I didn’t want to ever see again, “Caleb…”

A/N Dum, dum, dum, for those of you who cant remember Caleb is Kayli’s mysterious ex, next chapter will go into their past. Also in case any of you were wondering she should be off to the camp in about 3-4 chapters tops.  So I just did a quick proofread so forgive me for any mistakes. And damn I have a lot of dialogue in this chapter, hopefully you all don’t mind. And as always, song has nothing to do with chapter I just love Andy Sandberg from Saturday Night Live, for you non-Americans it’s a comedy sketch show, he is hilarious : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 149 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
73.1K 1.6K 17
Emily is a volunteer nurse for a month. She meets a boy in camp and starts to fall. She soon finds thins are falling apart back home and leaves to go...
176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
2.1K 67 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...