執拗な神々

By _CutieAra_

Please read the summary for further information. More

Summary
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 59
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66

Ch 19

6.2K 410 130
By _CutieAra_

I meant to say that I was going first, but things didn’t go well. 

Reyhas’ golden eyes turned to me. 

“This will only take a moment.”

I gave up saying anything more and nodded with an uncomfortable expression, he then turned around. 

It wasn’t long before Reyhas left with the priest and I stared at his back for a long time.

I didn’t want to meet Reyhas, but how come I don’t want him to leave right now?

It’s probably because there’s a man much harder to deal with before me. He was one of the male leads, too.

“I think I should go back to the temple.” 

I told Cass right off the bat as soon as Reyhas was out of sight.

I felt bad leaving a guest, but I didn’t want to spend any more time here. But as soon as I was finished, a blue bird suddenly flew from somewhere and landed lightly on my shoulder. 

And I could tell it was the Blue Wing that I healed earlier. 

“Ah!”

When I recognized the Blue Wing, Cass opened his mouth as I considered stroking its torso,

“Do you know that bird?” 

After thinking for a moment, I nodded. Technically, I got to know this bird today.

Then I heard Cass’s voice,

“It’s a very well-trained bird that doesn’t go to anyone who’s not its owner. It’s amazing that you’re already acquainted with it.”

Cass’s words made me confused. 

“No way, this bird. Is it Marquis’ bird?” 

Cass replied with a dull look,

“Yes, I thought it was almost dead, by any chance did you save its life?”

I raised my brows at his nonchalant tone. I felt repulsed by his words. 

“I didn’t save it, but are you saying you almost abandoned a dying bird?” 

Unknowingly, words of criticism came out.

The heavy weight of the bird sitting on my shoulder was also the weight of life. 

As depicted in the novel, he was a man close to a highly socialized sociopath.

He was a man who judged and measured everything in the world through value alone and had no interest in the sentiments and suffering of others.

His ability to increase and expand value is a state of art, but he was severely devoid of emotion… he was a cold person. 

Sure, even this personality changed after meeting the heroine, but it was still a long time later.

“I’ve decided that I don’t need a dead bird.”

It was a gaze with little conscience. 

A moment of silence occurred and I spoke to Cass in a calm voice. He won’t understand anyway even if I try to blame him,

“If this ever happens again, kill it.” 

“What?”

I remembered the bird dying in a mess. Its eyes losing light and its pair of painfully broken wings. 

“It would have been better for the bird.” 

If I had been lucky to find it at that moment but could not use my divine power, it would have lost its breath already.

Cass’s eyebrows wriggled up and silence broke between us. 

Amidst the tension, I stared directly into his eyes. 

“With my own hands?”

It was a cruel thing for a saint to say. 

“Would it not be a benign decision, rather than placing it in a grievous state without dreams or hopes?” 

Hence euthanasia exists in modern times.

I spoke serenely and let the Blue Wing on my shoulder sit on my wrist. 

Again, I was not the type of person who was susceptible to injustice either.

But one of the things I couldn’t tolerate was animal abuse. And abandoning a dying bird in that way was impossible by my standards.

“I’m glad this child was treated anyway.” 

I finished talking and shook my hands, the Blue Wing that flew soon sat on Cass’s shoulder. 

“It’s a bird that follows the Marquis, right?”

I felt his eyes staring at me. A subtle curiosity shone in his eyes but then vanished.

He smiled deeply afterwards.

“I think it’s unexpected.”

His smile, which was deep but seemed empty somewhere, aroused a strange sense of uneasiness in me. 

“The Saintess is completely different from the rumors.” 

It was a profanity to hear from our first meeting, but I answered calmly,

“I don’t know what the rumors are, but I’m curious.”

Then I continued,

“I will head back to the temple now. I hope you have a good time with the High Priest.”

It was a bit regrettable that I had been overly meddlesome because I was angry that he had abandoned the bird like that, but he was someone I would never see again anyway.

“We’ll see each other again sooner or later.” 

“Yes.” 

And I bid him farewell inside.

No, I say let’s never see each other again.

He slightly nodded and waved his hand with a graceful smile on his sculpture-like handsome face.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Arriving at the temple again, I locked myself in my room and pressed my forehead with my hand.

I saved the bird and advised Cass, even though my life was already busy doing what was needed.

Cass… the answer is not to get tangled with him. 

Of course, I do not regret having saved the bird with the sacred power given to me...

“I must leave this temple as quickly as I can.”

I murmured, and the window, which had been invisible for a moment, reappeared clearly in my field of vision.

[Would you like to receive a reward for achieving your first use of sacred power?

 (Yes/No)]

I chose ‘Yes’ with no further comment.

‘If it’s a reward, it’s always welcome.’

Then new sentences began to emerge.

[The level of the oracle increases as a reward for completing the mission]

[‘Oracle LV2’ has unlocked]

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, has entered your oracle]

[Garden 4/4]

 [■■■■■■ is furious when they failed to enter the oracle]

 [■■■■■■ sighs when they failed to enter the oracle]

The level of the oracle has gone up. From level one to level two. 

And one more god entered the oracle? 

When I was looking at the name for a moment with a puzzled expression, the chat window appeared.

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, congratulates theirself for successfully entering the oracle and ‘Blesses’ you]

Then I felt a strange feeling that a wind-like current was being sucked through my solar plexus. 

“If it’s Ciel…” 

Apparently, it was the god I mentioned at the Crown Prince’s banquet to cover up the statue explosion.

I held the backrest of the chair with my hand. 

“As expected…” 

When I took my hand off thinking that nothing had happened, I suddenly heard an enormous noise.

My eyes widened in surprise at the sight in front of me, a chair split in half was horribly askew. 

‘This book… I’m sure it was a romance fantasy one.’

The genre seems to keep changing. 

I was speechless for a long time with my eyes wide open.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Every time I get a blessing from the gods, it usually lasts around 3 hours.

Yet the function of the blessing was imperfect. Because I can only be blessed once a day.

‘No matter how much the gods adore me, they cannot bless me more than once a day.’

I was lost in thought, turning the pen lightly between my fingers.

But it was undeniable that the buff of the blessing is a wonderful skill. And to summarize the effects of the gods’ blessings, it was as follows:

◎ Hesed’s Blessing- Increased knowledge assimilation ability

◎ Monde’s Blessing- My vision becomes more vivid and my eyesight improves

◎ Odyssey’s Blessing- ??(Probably becoming a little prettier)

Lastly, the blessing of Ciel, the newcomer of the oracle, was destructive enough to be considered unstoppable.

The chair was no longer usable and I gave Daisy a rough excuse that it was because I knocked it down.

Shortly thereafter, I told her to bring the hard peanut fruit, which required twice the strength of a walnut shell, to crack open.

After she went out, I squeezed the hard peanut with one hand and the crust broke into pieces, the fruit’s juice was getting on my hands.

“……”

Carefully wiping my palms with a handkerchief, I laid my hands neatly over my dress.

Luckily, I didn’t destroy everything the minute I touched it, especially when I touched my own body.

I don’t know because I’ve never used it on anyone else’s body, but it must be a threatening ability.

“It’s a great blessing in a sense.”

The blessings I have received thus far are marvelous in addition to the ability to destroy the things I touch.

Doesn’t it really seem like a superpower in a movie?

Even if an unidentified man appears in an alley when I go shopping for art, I would be able to protect myself without Dwayne. That is if Ciel blesses me at a right time.

I felt like I became a Munchkin female lead. And to my admiration, soon, a bashful chat on a chat window appeared.

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, is happy with your admiration and blushes]

Because it was the God of Destruction, I thought of a god like a muscle headman, but it seemed to be a shy one instead.

On second thought, it seemed that the god who inflated their cheeks while waiting for the oracle finally came in, but was that god Ciel?

And suddenly, more sentences popped up in the chat window.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, glances at Ciel] 

[Odyssey, the God of Love, spreads bad rumors about Ciel]

…Excuse me?

I looked at the chat window with absurd eyes and asked,

“Are you guys jealous?”

They could have heard my voice just now because they could hear what I say, but the chat window was quiet.

“Or is it territorial aggression?”

Why are the gods more childish than usual kids?

Then I muttered as if I wanted them to listen,

“Ciel’s blessing is great, but Hesed’s, Monde’s, and Odyssey’s blessings are also wonderful.”

I have already closely observed the solution for jealous children in ‘My Little Boy has Changed’.

Find the merits of a jealous child, praise them, and appease them.

“And of course, they’re very, very helpful to me.”

Still, I thought it wouldn’t work because they weren’t real children, but soon after, I freaked out because the chat window suddenly appeared in front of my face.

[Odyssey, the God of Love, is excited and asks if it’s true] 

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, wonders who is the most helpful] 

[Monde, the God of Art, affirms that there is no god more helpful to you than they are]

Oh, you gods!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1K 65
He's the nightmare, but she's his fantasy.
PSYCHO By SILENT OBSERVER

Mystery / Thriller

10 0 5
MISUNDERSTANDING, KILLING, MURDER, SUICIDE, SELFHARM, KILLING OWN FAMILY, LOVE, HATE, KIDNAP, FORCE, FRIENDS, TRAGIC PAST, STALKING.
1.3K 47 19
One Woman. Four incredibly obsessed men. What could possibly go wrong?
2K 57 19
˜"*°•.˜"*°• 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚.... 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙂𝙤𝙙 ?? 𝘼 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣...