執拗な神々

By _CutieAra_

Please read the summary for further information. More

Summary
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 59
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66

Ch 17

6.6K 342 19
By _CutieAra_

I’ve been a little bored the last couple of days.

Borrowing books from the temple’s library, walking around the temple to understand the terrain, and making plans to make money in my own way.

In any case, no more messages about my sacred power appeared, and it was about the same time as even the precious 500 francs of the offering had disappeared in my mind.

I took Daisy with me and went to the garden to get some fresh air.

I always walked to go to the temple library, but today I wanted to go in a different direction. The weather was nice, too.

“I get so much attention from my peers, how envious everyone is of me being with you. But I said nothing about the Saintess!”

Daisy chattered behind me as I strolled while watching the surrounding scenery,

“Even an intermediate-level priestess asked me about your preference for food when she obviously knows the rules of the temple! Of course I cut her off. So I’d like to say that if any bad story about the Saintess spreads in the temple, it never came out of my mouth.”

Daisy is a reliable kid, I think, but she was too skittish. So I used to be overly concerned about things that never happened.

“Yeah. I won’t think it’s your fault, so don’t worry.”

“I’m sorry, I mean…”

Daisy blurted out the end of her words,

“You’re an incredible person, but I’m upset that people don’t know anything about you.”

Daisy’s mind knew.

At the apex of the temple, there stood the two major mountain ranges of the empire, along with the Imperial Palace.

The saint was sacred and authoritative, like the religious leader of a religious state.

However, Ariel has been unable to attend most official events due to her illness, and she was not as influential and popular as the previous saints, so a great deal of rumors were spread.

Even with Reyhas, the high priest who established the fake saint, trying to silence the rumors.

“If it’s something that people need to know, it’s not a big deal.”

Daisy’s eyes shook at my words.

“Therefore I don’t care what anyone says.”

I looked at her and continued,

“So Daisy, you don’t have to mind it either.”

At my words, Daisy nodded with tears in her eyes.

It’s only been a week since she has been under my direct control, and my reputation seems to have bothered her a lot.

“I’m sorry to say such a silly thing, Saintess.”

I smiled at her words and started walking forward again.

The temple’s garden was adorned with really wide and colorful flowers, and I particularly liked the special area where I was walking because it was so quiet that ordinary priests could not enter.

It was when I was walking slowly, stepping on the rustling blades of grass.

Suddenly, there was a slightly different sound in my ears.

When I turned my eyes to the ground, something rustled once again. Only then did I feel there was something in the bushes and leaned down.

“Ah, Saintess…”

Daisy let out a short sigh as I spread the bushes. There was a blue bird squirming helplessly. One wing, which seemed to be broken, was grim.

Flap, it tried to move, but it’s wings drooped once again.

“It’s a Blue Wing. It’s a rare bird, but it’s too bad.”

Seeing the bird’s breathless aspect, I stretched out my hands, placed the bird on the palm of my hand, and raised my waist.

“Saintess, it may be dirty.”

I heard Daisy’s voice, but my eyes were only focused on the bird.

I remembered the Geumgang Parrot that I had been raising until I died in my past life.

‘I wonder if it’s living well with another owner.’

The bird on my palm tried to flap its wings again, but it just wriggled and looked stressed.

‘Poor thing.’

I thought as I was feeling sympathy for the bird, but it suddenly began to be engulfed by a ball of light around my hands.

I opened my eyes wide because I could feel the warmth in my hands similar to the heat of a stove.

“…Saintess!”

I heard Daisy’s surprised voice.

The bird, engulfed in a flock of light above my hand, spread its curled wings a moment later.

“……!”

My eyes widened.

Its wings that had been broken earlier were fixed, and even its messy feathers became glossy.

The eyes that had been extinguished from its light of life were flickering as if it had never done so.

Chirp, chirp chirp.

The bird was singing while looking at me with its black eyes.

I wondered if it was an illusion, but it seemed like it was saying thank you.

I stared blankly at the bird and raised my palms further.

The bird moved its wings a couple of times and flew up. The bird, which flew in the air, circled around me a couple more times and flew in the bushes.

“……”

I looked in the direction of the bird’s disappearance for a long time and saw my empty hand. The weight of the bird remained vivid.

‘No way, the light from my hands… did it heal the bird?’

Then a window popped up.

[Would you like to receive a reward for your first use of sacred power?

 (Yes/No)]

I knew I didn’t have to choose right away, so I first blurred the window and looked back at the direction of the noise.

“Oh my gosh! Saintess!”

Daisy’s eyes glistened, looking so excited that she couldn’t be more excited.

“What I just saw is divine power, right? Hetus! Oh, my God!”

I nodded first with a calm face.

Precisely speaking, it’s sacred power, not divine power, but there is no need to distinguish them.

“What a… great honor. I can’t believe I just saw you use your powers in front of me!”

She was so moved by it that her eyes seemed to be filled with tears.

“It’s just one bird.”

Of course, my calm answer wasn’t as loud as Daisy’s, but I said it with all my might.

It was the sacred power that really opened in me.

The power bestowed solely to the first saint… opened up to me, who possessed a fake saint’s body.

Moreover, the enormous power felt in my hands was truly amazing. It feels strange to save a dying bird.

“Many priests can cure the sick, but it’s difficult to fully heal them even after memorizing a prayer on a piece of paper. But the Saintess’s divine power is different!”

What I read in the book was exactly what Daisy is saying.

One of the main functions of the ‘tube’ was treating patients.

However, unlike the saint that was protected by the nine gods, each priest had a single god, whose powers varied depending on the attributes of the god and the personal abilities of the priest.

Even if he was a well-qualified priest, he had to pray for more than five minutes to heal a sick man with a broken leg, and if he wanted to save a man in critical condition, several priests had to dedicate half a day to memorize the prayers.

“But how could you not pray?”

In fact, the sacred power was only greater in range and output than the divine power, but prayer was still essential to memorize. This is because it is a power that can only be used by memorizing prayers and seeking God’s permission.

“Well, Daisy.”

“The bird was dying. Oh my gosh, but it’s flying away now. The Blue Wing.”

I put my hand over her shoulder to relieve her excitement. So I thought I had a rough idea of how great the sacred power was.

Unlike the divine power that requires a prayer, the sacred power, which is the power of God, is exerted only when I willed it.

Maybe things will change if people know I have that kind of power.

The sacred power is a special ability which was manifested only in the first saint.

“Don’t tell anyone what you just saw.” 

“What I just saw… What I just saw is a secret?”

Daisy, who was as excited as the bird earlier, widened her eyes.

“Yes, no matter what.”

I stared at her with a calm, subdued gaze.

My head felt dizzy, but there was one thing that was clear. 

I’m not the main character of this novel and if they find out I can use sacred power, the original story will be completely overturned. 

I possessed the fake saint who played the role of a villainess, but I was relieved because I knew the content and ending of the original story. 

But if this reverses the original story, I will have to shape my fate in a world where I really don’t know how it’s going to unfold.

The love of the gods and excessive buffs obtained for the fake saint are good. 

But that doesn't mean I’ll try to become a real saint. 

My goal is to give this position to the heroine, who is the real saint, and to live a normal and happy life. 

“All right, Saintess.” 

Daisy, looking at me with shaky eyes, bowed her head and said,

“I will never speak of it if that’s what you wish.” 

Although she was a little bit of a flamboyant child, she was still patient and capable enough to enter the Elium Temple, so she did not presumptively ask why. 

After some time, we started walking like nothing had happened. 

“Daisy, why don’t we take a look around the rose garden?” 

Daisy answered my question,

“Yes, I heard they planted a new kind of rose this time.” 

Like nothing ever happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 369 15
Just read the story....
4.8K 85 32
Okay I get that this is the finished one, you may read it yes. But please read the rewrite as well. You'll get a better story line out of it!
15.4K 423 26
It starts off with the cliche parents death, abusive brother/pack, rejected by mate, runs away to different pack, mate gets mate.
447K 11.2K 105
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞...