π’«π‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’―π‘œπ“Šπ’Ώπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡π“ˆ ( f...

By StarBright2019

*ON HOLD, looking for more inspo, be back soon lovelies The war ended ten years ago. But this new country is... More

Characters
Prologue
chapter 𝟷
Chapter 𝟸
chapter 𝟹
Chapter 𝟺
chapter 𝟻
Chapter 𝟽
chapter 𝟾
chapter 𝟿
Chapter 𝟷0
Chapter 𝟷𝟷
chapter 𝟷𝟸
chapter 𝟷𝟹
chapter 𝟷𝟺
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

chapter 𝟼

20 2 13
By StarBright2019

I was still dealing with the fact of what had happened at that meeting.

I knew I was going over a hard line when I spoke out, but I had to do something.

And now some of the royal members of the councils table hate me.

And I have to go dance with them. At a ball.

Dance.

Ew.

I have had to do ballroom dancing all my life, but I have never been able to get the hang of it.

Some would say I have two left feet.

Let's be honest, everyone would say that.

But here I was, getting ready to dance with people who don't even want to look at me.

Well, one of them does.

Léon.

But I'm not sure how I feel about him. I mean, it was really nice of him to do what he did for me at the table. But he only did that because the other ideas at that table were shit.

But, on the other hand, being close to me is going to elevate is status. And that will always be motivation for someone to be nice to me.

But some part of me wishes he did want to be close with me, just to me close to me. And not because of who I am.

A girl can dream.

A young servant girl is currently helping by me get ready for the ball.

She curled my hair and put little flowers into my my hair after she pulled the front pieces back.

Now time for the dress.

It's a natural pink with a corset top and quaint flowers along the top.

And I made sure it had sleeves, because it's mid September ,  and up North, it is pretty cold.

I think I look fancy enough to be going to a royal ball.

I wonder what Léon looks like in a suit.

What no? Nooooooo I did not just think that.

Oh god, don't let me crush on this guy who will break my heart.

Vivi, stay focused. If you want to change the world, keep your head in the game.

Getcha getcha, getcha head in the game

Oh my god.

I did not just-

Mon dieu, Vivienne Anne-Marie Florent saisissez-vous.
( my god, Vivienne Anne-Marie Florent, pull your self together )

"Are you okay, miss?"

My servant asks me.

"Hmm? Oh yes, I'm fine thank you."

"Good, because the ball is already in full swing, you need to get there soon. I will escort you now."

"What is your name?" I ask her

"It's Lizzie, miss."

"Well, Lizzie, thank you so much for your help, You are super talented. But please take the rest of the night off."

"but miss, the ball, I need to escort-"

"It's ok, Lizzie, I have been there before, I can find it myself, do not worry."

"Ok miss, if your sure."

"I am, and thank you again."

"No,no, thank you"

And with that she left.

I stood up and followed her out of my room, than walked my way through the palace myself to the ball room.

Then I opened the doors and walked through.

I had been waiting for twenty minutes for her by the time the ballroom doors opened and she walked through.

And the air in my lungs disappeared.

She looked gorgeous.

But no one was watching.

No one could see this Angel walk through the doors.

She looked around nervously.

Till her eyes met mine.

I offered her a smile and ushered her over here.

"You look beautiful, Lady Florent"
I said while giving her a smirk.

She blushed. Then she looked down at my suit.

"You don't look to bad yourself, Monsieur."she said, returning my smirk.

"Want to go get a drink?"I ask her while nodding my head towards the drink table.

"Of course, sir"

"Oh god, please do not call me that!" I don't want her to think of me as a royal colleague, but as a friend.

Or more.

"As long as you stop calling me lady." She says

Not a chance.

"I will think about it, lady Florent." No I won't

We headed to the table and I handed her a class of rosé. I took a sipping class of whiskey.

We are only 18 and 17, and here we are drinking wine and hard liquor.

And that's the stress of being a royal for you.

I notice someone walk up to Vivienne.

The Marquess.

Oh hell no.

He drags her to the dance floor.

The Marquess drags me to the dance floor.

And I can't do anything about it.

First rule of being a royal, never say no to an elder royal.

So he puts his hands on my waist and I move my hand to his neck.

"You look beautiful tonight Vivienne."

I hate my name coming from his mouth.

"Thank you, Sir."

"It's a shame that you feel the need to use that pretty little mouth of yours to go against me and my opinions."

"I'm not sure what you mean." What is he doing?

He pulls me a bit closer to him

"I believe you do, you spoke against me this afternoon, but I would be willing to forgive you if you came and visited me at my castle in the east."

Nope. No way.

"Perhaps one day, Marquess."

"Perfect."

We continued to dance to the music sawing back and forth.

And he moved one of his hand up my waist.

That son of a gun moved his hand up her waist.
While pulling her closer.

Oh hell no.

Absolutely not.

He does not get to put his ugly ass motherfucking hands on her.

Woah whoa whoa. Lee, get it together.

You don't even like her.

Who are you kidding, you are so whipped.

Finally their dance number ended and Vivienne made her way back to me.

Where she belongs.

She looked miserable.

"That bad huh?"

"Which part? The Marquess or my dancing skills?" She asks.

"I'm sure your dancing is fine."

She gives me a smirk and a skeptical look in her eyes.

So I get down on one knee and offer her my hand.

"My beautiful fare lady, would you Grace this poor sir with your dancing skills?"

"I suppose a young lady like myself could spare a few minutes." She says jokingly.

And we make our way to the dance floor, and I pull her close as we begin to sway with the music.

And she's in my arms

Where she belongs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 12
**this story is unedited** For as long as I can remember, we have been at war. My land, my people, constantly threatened by the only suitors capable...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
39 0 12
This story is about a girl who was my stylish friend and my devotion one. Every single of mine isn't just only words but also the lyrics of my heart...
1.2K 949 40
Editing! _____ Life is never perfect, it has its ups and downs, turns and pain. Winters story is filled with horror, and sadness. When her parents a...