The Mighty Force

By tylerstormx

Four siblings born from a distant planet were sent to Earth when their father, Caldor, was executed by the au... More

Authors' note
Chapter 1 Caldor's Decision
Authors' Note
Chapter 2 Grown Up, Caldor's children
Chapter 3 Grown Up, Caldor's Children Part 2
Chapter 4 Heritage
Chapter 5: Manifestation
Chapter 6: Seth Ex Savage
Chapter 7 An Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 8 The Embodiment Of Decomposition
Chapter 9 A Destructive Battle, Diana Vs Dan
Chapter 10 Gordon initiates an attack.
Chapter 11 The Knight Of Bloodshed
Chapter 12 An Extraterrestrial Attack
Chapter 13 A Ferocious Adversary
Chapter 14 The Firstborn, Meet Your Eldest Brother
Chapter 15 A Big Battle Insues
Chapter 16 Adding Fuel To The Blaze
Chapter 17 Is Blood Thicker Than Water?
Chapter 18 The Beggining Of A New Alliance
Chapter 19 Seth's Persuit
Chapter 21 Unprecedented, A Duel Breaks Out
Chapter 22 Follow Your Moral Compass
Chapter 23 Escape Seth's Ship
Chapter 24 An Intimate Session
Chapter 25 Hail Of Tragedy
Chapter 26 Hail Of Tragedy Part Two
Chapter 27 A Devistating moment
Chapter 28 The Turbulent Storm Continues
Chapter 29 Self Introspection
Chapter 30 Regrouping: Coming To Terms With The Past
Chapter 31 An Attack At The Time Square
Chapter 32 An Eye For An Eye
Chapter 33 A Light In The Darkness
Chapter 34 A Powerful Bond
Chapter 35 An Iron Body
Chapter 36 Your Greatest Strenght Can Be Your Downfall
Chapter 37 United We Stand
Chapter 38 It's Not The End of The Road
Chapter 39 A Looming Threat

Chapter 20 Kendall Coleman

46 8 17
By tylerstormx

Like a predator waiting behind the bushes in ambush, the pitch-black sky slowly encroaches, waiting for the right time to strike. The sun sluggishly turns its back against the New Yorkers, influencing the blue layer of gas into turning orange.

As the sky advances through warm pigment phases, from orange to red. The dark predator further encroaches, now waiting for the sun to wither away to strike at the colorless layer of atmospheric gas. 

Eventually, the giant yellow ball leaves, and the vindictive predator strikes its prey-the colorless sky. Nightfall takes over, wrapping New York under its umbrella. 

At the Austin Penthouse, Sam looked towards the buildings around the penthouse from the glass wall in the living room. He wore a black Dolce and Gabbana three-piece tuxedo consisting of a single-breasted blazer with a black waistcoat. He wore a grey tie, black regular-fit pants, a silver Rolex watch, and black Italian shoes. His hair sparkled like diamonds because of the gel that he applied.

Footsteps echoed throughout the room; Sam turned around and caught a beautiful sight. That beautiful sight was none other than Kendall; the latter was in a black dress encrusted with diamonds, the dress exposed a part of her back, and the dress was slit open, exposing her left leg's thigh. She also had a white cluster of diamond earrings, and her hair was styled in wispy waves. She was wearing black high heels, and her lips were neon red.

Sam salivated at the sight of those red lips; he bit his lower lip in response.

 Kendall twirled and asked, "How do I look?"

"You look amazing," he said with a smile. 

"Thanks, boss," Kendall said.

"Kendall, tonight I'm not your boss but your date. I don't wanna hear you call me that," Sam said.

"Shall we?" Kendall asked, reaching her hand out to him. He gently grabbed it and walked to the elevator. Jonathan came rushing and screaming, "Sam, wait!!!"

By the time he reached the elevator, the elevator had closed. 

"Oh bloody hell," he muttered.

**************

The two left the elevator and arrived at the garage sometime later. Kendall looked at the ten guards spread across the room, and she gulped at the riffles they had in their hands.  

"Hope you are not going to kidnap me or kill me," she said nervously

"Maybe," he responded with an ominous look. At that moment, the atmosphere around them intensified. Kendall was appalled, unable to respond to what he said. His stern expression told the entire story. She pondered how she would scream to escape from her demise. Given her circumstance, armed men surrounded her in a parking lot.

"I'm kidding," he said with a smile.  

"Okay," Kendall said, sighing with relief. 

The two approached a red and black Ferrari 458 Pista. Sam opened the car for Kendall, and she entered and said, "Didn't know you were so chivalrous, boss." 

Sam gave Kendall a confused look, "Ahem! I meant to say I didn't know you were the chivalrous type b--- Sam," she continued.

 "There's a lot to discover about me," Sam said as he closed the car's door. He entered the driver's seat while she glanced at his loose tie.

"Let me?" She lunged slightly at him and fixed it.

 "Oh yeah," he responded. "I'm always good with tuxes but not ties. My dad used to help me all the time, even before he had cancer," Sam said.

"I'm sorry for your loss," she replied, placing her hand on his, which held the gear lever. They looked at each other momentarily, unable to break free from a long gaze. 

He then smiled and answered, "It's not a problem."

He pressed the car's ignition, and the vehicle slightly revved up. He began driving; he was gentle and subtle during the car's takeoff. Eventually, he exited the garage and joined the main road.

"Ken, can you handle going fast?" 

"What?" Kendall asked, not sure of what he implied.

"In terms of the car's speed," Sam said. 

Kendall smiled awkwardly, and she said, "Yes." 

"Good," Sam said as he pushed the lever forward and rammed the accelerator. The car drove nearly at its top speed, bypassing numerous vehicles, moving swiftly and diligently from one lane to another.

************

As Sam parked his car in the Hayden Planetarium's parking lot, the building stood from there, towering over its surroundings like a giant. Unsurprisingly, the ninety-five-foot-tall glass cube houses an eighty-seven-tall sphere. 

Once the two entered the building, it was filled with thousands of guests wearing luxurious outfits. More so, it was filled with holograms and paparazzi taking pictures of the guests. 

Sam and Kendall walked inside; Kendall whispered to him, "I don't think I can do this."

As the two walked further, her heart raced even more. Soon her stomach churned; this made her situation more unbearable. Acting instinctually, she walked away but was stopped by Sam, who held her hand firmly.

"Breathe in,"  Sam advised, gently pulling her to his side. She did as instructed.

"And out," he continued as she exhaled. 

With a goofy grin, he then inquired, "All good?"

 "Yeah," Kendall responded with a smile.

The two walked towards some of the guests. Once there, the cameras began flashing. Sam waved at the cameras while Kendall tightly gripped his left hand. Unlike Sam, the exposure she experienced around her made her feel out of place. Even in high school, when she had to do speeches in front of her class, she would stand awkwardly and look at her notes, denying the audience her confident gaze. 

She adjusted her glasses and smiled awkwardly at the cameras. The two then walked to the other guests. As they did that, a humanoid robot approached them with a tray. The tray was occupied with multiple glasses of Veuve Clicquot Brut Champagne. 

"Would you like a drink?" The machine inquired.

They took two glasses of champagne and drank.

"You okay?" Sam asked, turning to face her as she glanced at the floor.

"Yeah...I am just slightly nervous, that's all," she said, chugging her drink.

"So Kendall, what would you be doing now if you weren't here?" He asked.

"Well, I would be just watching a romcom," Kendall replied. 

Sam smiled, and so did she, "Yep, I know, boring right? If I am not working, I am just at home, watering my plants, binge-watching Netflix, or reading a novel. "

"I also do that," he said.

"Wow! Never took you for someone who can slow down," she said.

"Sometimes we gotta have a breath of fresh air," Sam said; Kendall chuckled in response.

The guests started applauding as a popular figure went up the stage. Sam then whispered in her ear, "Let's see which douchebag wants to give a speech. 

A hologram appeared; it was none other than Dr. Joshua Ratchet. Dr. Joshua Ratchet is the Chairman and the lead scientist of R.T.R. Labs (Ratchet Technology Research Laboratories). His company is one of the finest technological companies in the world, his company has invented state-of-the-art V.R. tech where you can even sync in even when you are sleeping, and he has created scramjets for the military that can fly at about ten times the speed of sound.

He addressed the audience by saying, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As this year's event coordinator, I apologize for not coming to New York. I had some personal issues to attend to. Let me not bore you with the irrelevant details. I want to say that every person in this room is contributing to making the world a better place for rich and poor alike. I thank you. "

The hologram disappeared, and the audience applauded.

"That was a good speech," Kendall said. 

"Yeah," replied Sam.

A fellow cameraman approached them and raised the picture at them.

"Picture, Mr. Austin?" 

"Sure, why not," he replied, wrapping his right arm around Kendall's waist. Inadvertently, his arm traced down her waist, and the cameraman took a series of shots afterward. 

At that moment, many things ran through her mind, more exposure to the press and Sam's boldness. Thousands of people around the city, and probably worldwide, would talk about her, assuming she was Sam's girlfriend. And she didn't desire the prospect of such an outcome as she would receive unwanted attention from the people she knew and those that she did not. 

"I'm sorry, I gotta go," Kendall said, and she bolted out of the building, leaving Sam in bewilderment. He ran after her; Kendall took off her heels as she walked, and she held them using her hands. Eventually, he caught up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Kendall!" He said.
"Go back and have fun, boss," She said, not turning to face him.

"Please look at me, Ken," he pleaded. 

She turned her back to face him. "Why?" She inquired.

"Cause it's rude to leave your date," he said, intending to lighten the mood with a joke. She, however, didn't smile back. 

"I am a fool to think you would go on a real date with someone like me," she said. Her words, though, implied that she had self-doubt. 

Sam cupped her cheeks, "Ken, this is an actual date for me. "

Kendall's eyes lit up, "Really?" 

"How's this for your answer?" He asked, leaving her puzzled while he smashed his lips against hers. At first, she was caught by surprise, trying to resist the temptation, but eventually, she succumbed to the might of the magical kiss. 

He pulled away and caressed her hair, "I would be a horrible date if I forced you to stay here. So how about we go back to my place and binge-watch Netflix?"

 "I'd like that, "She smiled as he traced his hand down her face and held her chin.

 **************

At the Austin Penthouse

Jonathan's heart paced frantically, trying to get ahold of Sam, who wasn't answering his calls for some reason. Then, the elevator opened; to his relief, Sam had finally arrived, or so he thought.

 "Master Austin, thank goodness!" He exclaimed, trudging to the elevator. 

Instead of Sam stepping out, it was Mariko. With a chuckle, she responded, "It's just me, Jon."

"Ohh, Ms. Watanabe," he replied, scratching his head awkwardly.

Before advancing further, she looked around the living expecting to find Sam cooped up on his white sofa, having a glass of wine while he watched tv. Instead, the couch was unoccupied, and the radio was playing. Of course, she could assume he was in his bedroom, but knowing him, the latter only goes to his bedroom late at night on Saturdays.

"Uh...Where's Sam?"

 "Well, here's a funny story..." Jonathan replied, but Mariko interrupted him before he could finish his sentence. 

 "He forgot about our dinner, didn't he? I should've known that he's still incompetent," she said, rolling her eyes and sighing with disappointment. She turned around and went inside the elevator.

************

At the Planetarium

They pottered towards his car, their hands intertwined, and butterflies soared in their stomachs. Kendall then cocked her head up to face him. She smiled at him, revealing a set of dazzling white teeth. He looked down and gazed into her enchanting eyes; it was almost as if her eyes were made of rubies, the white specs contrasting the black pupil. They were all the more precious to him. He smiled at her as a result.

He then grabbed his keys, took them out of his pocket, and clicked the button while pointing the key in the car's direction. He then opened the door once they approached his lavish vehicle. She lowered her head and entered the car. He shut the door as soon as she was seated and moved to the opposite side of the vehicle. He opened the door just as he was ready to enter the car. 

"Sam!" Someone yelled to him from afar.

He looked around the parking lot until he caught sight of a familiar figure. 

"What are you doing here?" He inquired, staring intensely at Diana, who approached him from afar. She was not alone, for Harrison and Dan accompanied her.

Sam tucked his head inside the car and told Kendall, "Wait here. I'll be back."

He closed the door after sticking his head out. He walked over to them, firmly fixing his gaze on theirs, "I thought I made it clear to you guys that I want nothing to do with you!"

Dan incremented his right brow and said, "Well, that's not a nice thing to say."

 A deep, broad voice responded from behind, and Sam turned around. It was Seth, and once he cast his eyes on him, his heart raced quicker than a Formula One car.

"You!" He furrowed his brows with rage; at that moment, he was prompted to engage. Instead, he was stopped by Diana, who addressed him.

 "It's okay, Sam. He is with us," Sam turned to face her with bewilderment. 

"What the hell, Diana? What the fuck is going on? Why is he here?" He shouted, glaring intensely at him

 "It's alright, Sam, he is with us," She assured him. 

He directed his gaze back at him and inquired, "What is he doing here!"

 She moved closer and answered his inquiry, "He has a proposal for us." 

He shook his head sideways, "If you think I'll join your charade, then you've got another coming." 

Seth stepped closer, kindly addressing him, "This is not a game, brother; it's a reunion. Think about it. This cursed life divided us for so long, and we finally reunited. Don't you think it would be wise for us to pick up from where we left off?"

Sam raised his voice at him, "No! I want nothing to do with all of you!" He stated, centering his finger on all of them. 

Then, after turning his back against them, he glared at Seth, "And as for you, Seth! You may have convinced them to join you, but I can see through your sham. You're just trying to use us for your selfish little ambitions!" 

Harrison stepped forward and insisted, "But Mr Austin. He is right; we are all a family. I mean c'mon we grew up without getting to know each other. Yeah, I get it, things went south the last time, but if we get together once more, we might somehow fill the void in you. Maybe that's what you need right now, us."

Harrison's words struck a cord. Deep down, he knew that this was the right thing to do: fix things with his siblings and move forward with them. He looked down to the ground and pushed his hair backward. He sighed and closed his eyes briefly. He looked up and said, "I agree, but let's get one thing straight. We are in this mess because Caldor decided to play god. We wouldn't be here if he did the right thing!"

Meanwhile

Kendall tapped on her thighs impatiently. She closed her eyes to soothe her nerves. However, she opened them and bit her lower lip. "What is he still doing?"

In the meantime, while Kendall still pondered what Sam was doing, Seth circled him and said, "Oh no, brother, you have this twisted. Gordon is the reason we are in this mess. Has it not occurred to you that we'd still be on Codex with the rest of our family if it weren't for him? Caldor would also still be alive."

Seth stopped walking and glanced deep into the windows of Sam's soul, his eyes. He continued speaking after that, "Before that fool arrived on Earth, all of you were getting to know each other until you allowed him in your house. Now, we are fighting each other instead. A divided kingdom will fall, but a united one will stand!"  

Sam looked down; his brother's words were persuasive and made sense. As he pondered, he realized that Gordon did play a role in their separation. 

Seth continued to speak, placing his hand on his shoulder, "Join us, Sam, not only to avenge our father but to pick up from where we left off. What do you say?" He removed his hand from his shoulder and reached out to him, intending for a handshake.

 "I'll pass!" He said, unperturbed.

Sam's words were like a jab to the heart. Seth furrowed his brows in response and raised his voice. "I tried using words, but your stubbornness is unrelenting. I guess that I'll have to beat it out of you!" 

His eyes ignited red, and he fired two laser beams at him, thus sending him flying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 199 12
Once again Mackenzie was being mean to Nikki and her friends, everyone knew that Mackenzie was the classic mean popular girl. But someone comes alon...
27.4K 609 20
WARNING:This book may contain stuff some people may find offensive I mean like people will find this really really offensive I warned you so I really...
215K 4.1K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
1.7M 113K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...