Mismatch || Hyunlix

By marshyunlix

"It was merely a marriage of convenience. There are no feelings involved." "He's nothing but a symbol of our... More

✧༺♥༻∞ Prologue∞༺♥༻✧
Healing my open scars, Wishing on a shooting star
Time runs fast, I hope this lasts
The beating of my heart, slows when we part.
In the darkest of nights, an anxious fire ignites.
Together in heart, soul and mind; Destiny roped forever to bind.
Shattering my broken heart, Crystal tears that fall apart.
Lost in an endless void, Answers I want to avoid
A beginning once again, something different from then.
Mysteries discovered, Truths uncovered
I just wanted comfort, but all that I feel is Hurt.
This house of cards, will fall and scar.
My broken soul shall heal, and feelings be concealed
I Hate our love, I do, Hate how much I love you
Wish that I could love you back, Wish that I could love like that
I hurt you and I'm sorry, all I wanted was to love somebody
I could hold you tighter, cause through the morning, You're my light
Bloom like a rose, Flutter like a cherry blossom, Fall like the Morning Glory
It hurts sometimes when I'm with you, It hurts sometimes but I miss you
The day bleeds into nightfall, and you're not here to get me through it all
Please don't go away, Please just choose to stay, stay with me
I'd Live For You, I'd Die For You, And It's All For You
I'm sorry, don't leave me, I want you here with me
I wish that I was good enough, If only I could wake you up
Now matter how much I wait, I'm not a stranger to being alone anymore
And no matter whatever I do, I will never not think about you
I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you
You're my starlight, that shines more in the deepest night
Lately, I've been thinking, I want you to be happier
My love has come along, My lonely days are over, And life is like a song
Over the ocean, it's overflowing, Colors of blue; But you make it golden
I see your true colors, and that's why I love you
And I See Forever In Your Eyes, I Feel Okay When I See You Smile, Smile
Heaven's A Heartbreak Away, Never Let You Go, Never Let Me Down
I Can Feel You Over Here, You Take Up Every Corner Of My Mind
My heart is running, I'm still looking at you
If I'm with you like now tonight, I could die in this moment
Every Second, Every Thought, I'm In So Deep; But I'll Never Show It On My Face
Heading Towards The Day 'Till I Get Winded, Best Moment Is Yet To Come
I'm in a field of dandelions, Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine
I'm Dancing In The Dark, With You Between My Arms
Follow The Song And Dance In The Moonlight, Right Now, Play My Rhythm
✧༺♥༻∞ Epilogue ∞༺♥༻✧
Dohyun Loved His Siblings, Really

Fates Tied, Freedom Denied

11.5K 473 495
By marshyunlix

"Yongbok? Are you alright?" Jisung asked the younger boy, who stared off into the distance, watching the setting sun cast its amber rays over their territory, the moon rising far away, from the hills.

The boy looked at Jisung with a smile, a breeze picking up speed to blow his blonde hair in all directions.

"I'm alright, sung." He said, although Jisung could hear the sigh at the end of his sentence. 

He knew why Felix was pretending to be happy, although he was doing a horrible job at it. Who would happy when all freedom was ripped from your life, who would be happy when their entire life was promised to a fixed destiny, to an inevitable future, to someone else ?

The moon had revealed itself from the hills, it was a full moon night. The white celestial body rising steadily, as the sun retired from the long day. 

"Want to run along the waterfalls? It might take your mind of all this marriage business." Jisung proposed with a pitiful smile.

Felix smiled, his face lighting up at the idea of running along the waterfalls. It was his favorite place from their territory, it was his special place.

Jisung morphed quickly, his clothes disappearing from his body as reddish-brown fur appeared instead. His eyes turned a deep orange, and his nails grew longer, turning into claws. 

He looked at Felix, who had also finished morphing. Jisung had probably seen him as a wolf a few hundred times, but he would never get used to the beauty of the wolf. The snow white fur glowing in the light of the moon, his nordic blue eyes sparkling as he looked over the cliff once more before facing him. The breeze blew suddenly in great force, revealing a black tattoo on the younger boy's fur, the mark of the future Luna.

"Ready?" Jisung asks, the wind cooling their bodies off. 

Felix nodded, taking the lead and sprinting forward, with Jisung following behind. They started in a slow jog while climbing down from the cliff. The moon had risen overhead now, and it wasn't too hard to see where they were going, especially with their sharp vision.

Once they were down, Felix looked at his fraternal twin brother, grinning before taking off in a run.

Jisung let out a bark at his brother, chasing after him. They ran through the woods, dark and thin trees reducing to a mere line as they ran. 

Felix was naturally faster than him, and swifter too. He was tiny, and quite fragile like him, always teased for their smaller figures by the bulkier alphas and betas of their pack. 

"Bok-ah, can you slow down a bit, the path is getting rocky, it's hard to run..."Jisung howled out, the other understanding and slowing down for his twin.

"We're here anyway." Felix responded, the trees parting to reveal a big lake with a waterfall in the middle.

It was night, and to anyone else, it didn't really seem like a special place. It was in a hidden part of the forest, where animals didn't tread a lot, thanks to the amount of rocks on the path that could easily hurt their paws.

Felix sat right where the waters stilled, the soil ground wet and cool for them to rest. 

Jisung was breathing hard from the run, and Felix apologized silently. He hadn't meant to run so fast, it was on instinct. He had so much on his mind that he used running to leave it all behind, even if it only for a few minutes.

Felix placed a paw in the water, playing around with the clear crystal water by moving it back and forth gently.

"You are troubled..." Jisung said, determined on making Felix tell what was bothering him, rather than letting it eat him up.

Felix looked up, letting out a heavy breath at the question. 

"How did you know?" He asked, not even focusing on the water anymore.

"I just do." Jisung answered simply, smiling at Felix, knowing the boy was giving in. "So, what is it that's eating your head right now?" 

Felix looked at the water, his paw all wet from the water, splashing some of that water on his fur.

"I just... Don't want to be part of this whole marriage thing." Felix admits, that affair being only what was revolving his head all day long.

"It's not like you have a choice... Mom has already decided it. And It's not like they want it either, you know what happens to those who defy the desecion of the gods." Jisung revealed, making the younger whine.

"They get punished, dead or alive. I know that, Mom already told me that a few hundred times... It's just the fact that I don't have a choice that frustrates me... I don't want to promise my life to someone else, trapped inside some cave, living like a baby-making machine for some wolf." 

Jisung nudged Felix's head, which made the wolf get up, looking at Jisung. The brown wolf smiled pitifully, nuzzling his head into the younger boy's neck to show some affection. He did feel sorry for his brother. 

"I'm sorry, Lixie. I really am..."

Felix sighed, returning the affection and laying down again on the wet ground.

"It's alright, Sung. This is my fate... I'll have to accept it that way." The white wolf sighed in despair, looking at his reflection in the water.

There was a distant howl and the two boys jerked, looking around for the sound.

"Must be Minho Hyung. We better get going, or we'll miss dinner!" Jisung said, getting up and nipping at Felix's ears, hurrying the younger twin as well.

Felix playfully snarled, getting up and looking at Jisung before breaking into a run home as well.

Jisung ran behind him, howling for the wolf to stop running, which sadly, Felix didn't comply to this time.

How the fuck are we even related? Jisung thought, chasing behind anyway.

~

"Where were the both of you? The rest of the pack left after eating, seeing no sign from the both you. You know you're to be at the cave before the moon is overhead." Minho scolded, leading his mate and brother-in-law inside the cave.

"Sorry, Hyung... Sung and I went to the falls behind the hills." Felix apologized, trailing behind his older brother-in-law.

"Really? You're that reckless now? Alone, just the two of you, in the jungle and not to mention, at night?" Minho argued, glaring at the two as they entered the deeper part of the cave, where food was arranged.

"Hyung, we can take care of ourselves, being omegas doesn't make us weak-"Evening, boys." A female voice interrupted the two from bickering any further.

The two turned forward, with wide eyes.

"Evening, Mother." The three replied, their mother smiling in return, gesturing them to sit on the table that had been arranged with food.

"Sit, Boys. We have much to discuss, mostly about you, Yongbok." The woman said, taking small bites of her food.

The boys looked at one another, shrugging before digging in as well.

Once they were done with about half of their food, the mother began to speak again, specifically to Felix.

"So, Yongbok. About your betrothal-"Ugh, Mom, this again?" Felix whined, trying his best not to think of the the much dreaded betrothal.

The woman raised an eyebrow, shutting Felix up immediately. 

"The Clan has accepted, and you are to see your soon-to-be husband tomorrow. You shall be travelling immediately to the east, so prepare yourself. You are to stay there for two days, and one night, after which you shall be returning." The woman announced, looking at the guarding wolf at the front of the door.

She quickly motioned the guard to leave, not wanting so many people listening to their conversation.

Reluctantly, the guard left, giving the family some privacy. The golden door closed, and the Luna looked around, searching for any other wolfs or humans.

"Thank Goodness, I couldn't keep that straight face any more..." The woman said, after confirming there weren't any more by standers.

Felix giggled, the two werewolves laughing next to him.

"Anyway, You'll be going to spend time with the midnight pack." She concluded, sighing.

Felix groaned, already disliking the idea. Jisung patted his back, and Minho shrugged, although the younger twin knew he also felt bad.

"Believe me, Dear, I don't want this as much as you do. However, the gods have decided it, and we have to abide their law." The mother consoled, giving a small smile as Felix finished his food.

"When do I sell my life away?" Felix asked, looking at his mother with saddening eyes.

"Oh sweetheart. I'm really sorry, but the marriage has been finalized to the fifth of the next full moon." 

Felix sighed, nodding anyway. He didn't really have a say in the matter, there was little to no use of arguing.

"You don't hate me, do you, Mom?" Felix asked, after some silence, looking at his mother.

"No! Of course not, dear! Why would you ever think that?" She asked, in concern.

"I just thought, maybe it was my fault... that we have to settle with an alliance with the midnight pack...Dad always hated them, he might be so mad right now..." Felix mumbled, poking his empty plate with the silver fork.

The woman rose from the table, walking to the other side and hugging her son gently, smiling sadly.

"It is not your fault, Felix, It never will be. It wasn't anything of your choice, don't blame yourself. I'm sure your father is so proud right now, so very proud. What you're doing is a very brave thing, Lixie. Promising your life to someone you don't know, and giving away your freedom, your entire future. So brave..." She muttered, hugging him tighter and tear falling on her son's shirt.

"Mom, why are you crying...?" Felix asked, wiping her tears away.

"Nothing, It's nothing, sweetie." She said, smiling as she wiped her eyes with a tissue.

Jisung sniffled from behind them, and Felix looked behind him, smiling as he extended a hand. The older twin took it, wrapping his arms around his brother and mom.

The woman looked up from the hug, looking at the awkward male sitting infront, gesturing him forward as well.

"You're part of the family too!" She said, pulling him into the bone-crushing hug.

Felix laughed, glad to get this much support from his family.

"Thank you, Mom, Sung and Hyung... For staying by me..." He said, looking at the three of them.

Jisung chuckled, hugging his brother a little more tighter.

"We'll always be with you, every step of the way. You may be loosing your freedom, but you ain't loosing us!" He said, and Felix giggled in response, nodding in affirmation.

Yup.

Every step of the way.

Together.

Word Count: 2006

AN: Welcome to the first chapter! Irregular updates, I have two other books to work on at the same time as well. Feel free to read my completed books too! Will be cross-posting on Ao3 soon!

Felix as a wolf - 

Jisung as a wolf - 

Minho as a wolf - 

Eye color chart (I will be using this to describe eye-colors)

 Hope you liked this chapter!

Stay safe <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 631 63
2 years after the debut minho knew something was different about how he felt for jisung... He was curious what those feelings were! Extremely short c...
41.3K 1.2K 22
"He's A Dirty Slut, He's Not Worthy Of You!" "You're Crazy, He Sold His Body To Other Men! He's Just A Slut!" "I Don't Need Your Shitty Opinions Beca...
425K 12.5K 79
I know what you came here for: • Yes, there's heavy smut • Minsung are the main ship • Contains side ships Please don't bully me, I'll cry It's Lee...
20.6K 1K 30
"How much of self respect do you lack to ask me to fuck you just to prove a point?" "You are hot too." He adds like it makes a difference. ~ In a w...