Loveless Beauty (Completed)

By Rurika_mahi

If you are not loved, if you have got nobody to love you, then turn your loveless life into something beautif... More

Prologue
Character introduction
Chapter I "Karma is a Bitch"
Chapter II: A family thing
Chapter III: Be aware of your Surroundings
Chapter IV: Don't depend on others for your happiness
Chapter V: Kissing comes First?!
Chapter VI: Never trust your next seat passenger
Chapter VII : False rumor don't resolve easily
Chapter VIII: Fighting the Wicked
Chapter IX: Giving him a Migraine
Chapter X: Unanswered Questions
Chapter XI: Sour loser, Keya
Chapter XII: Unexpected relations
Chapter XIII: One Eighty Degree
Chapter XIV: All going down
Chapter XV: What's funny?!
Chapter XVI: All in head?!
Chapter XVII: Baffled senses
Chapter XVIII: Take it or Leave it
Chapter XIX: Slip Ups
Chapter XX: Far away from the truth
Chapter XXI: That Child
Chapter XXII: Not Prepared for This
Chapter XXIII: Family Drama
Chapter XXV: Shattered Feelings
Chapter XXVI: A Lot Of Attention
Chapter XXVII: Equation gone Wrong
Chapter XXVIII: Mix N Jinx
Chapter XXIX: Overwhelmed
Chapter XXX: Nature Me
Chapter XXXI: Not so Smart
Chapter XXXII: Try Her
Chapter XXXIII: Stranger Danger
Chapter XXXIV: Pent Up Feelings
Chapter XXXV: Bad Influence
Chapter XXXVI: Their Destiny
Chapter XXXVII: Who was Behind This?!
Chapter XXXVIII: Skilled Ex-husband
Chapter XXXIX: Missing?!
Chapter XL: The Diary
Announcement
HIS LOVED BEAUTY

Chapter XXIV: Family Drama Part II

280 18 13
By Rurika_mahi

On the dining table I ignored the lingering eyes on me, solely focusing on my breakfast. The conversation was going on between the elders, as I have no idea if I should participate. Oh, my first family breakfast and all, you know.

Armaan Jha was on my left and Ahana Jha on my right. I literally felt like a little child sitting in between her parents. And they are continuously adding dishes to my plate. Dare I refuse, they get started, 'you eat too less' 'look at your health' 'you look so weak 'eat a little more 'Oh you don't like my food' and what not. People give me a break. Do they want me dead by putting that much food in my stomach?!

Armaan Jha papa wiped his hand, then cleared his throat before speaking, "we are taking Keya with us and will be leaving today." 

Bewildered, I looked at him. Empty spoon in my hand and food unchewed in my mouth. He did not spare me a look before continuing, "we want to celebrate this moment." He smiled a little, "we want the world to know we have got our daughter back. We will____" 

"I am not going anywhere." I declared. That turned every eye on me. I explained further, "I am going back to Delhi. I have a college to attend."

"You have a kidnapper to kidnap you again." Armaan Jha mumbled. He turned to look at me. Frown decorated his face as he spoke, "you do realize that wretch of a woman was freely roaming. She fled away and she can get you again. I can not risk it."

"Do you think I am a child?! I am not two anymore." I mumbled. 

"Two or twenty. You are still a child." Armaan Jha deadpanned. And I felt like pulling my hair out. Why was he exaggerating it?! Do all parents behave like this?! Or is it because they found me after so long that they don't want to risk anything?!

"So, basically you don't want me to pursue a degree," I threw that casually as if I wasn't accusing him. On the other hand I was. 

"Are you accusing me?!" As he said I smiled looking at my plate. I thought nobody caught it as I fixed it with a blank look. But a little lifting of my eyes made me realize that two more pairs had witnessed it. Gashmir and Era.

Gashmir narrowed his eyes as Era was glaring daggers at me. Hey bhagwan, what was that witch's problem now?! I rolled my eyes at them and turned to my father. 

"Ofcourse not," I replied to lessen his frown which was still attached to his beautiful face. Oh, my father looks totally admiring for his age. He was an actor afterall. "But I have to attend college to get a degree. I can't sit home thinking that I could get kidnapped."

Ahana Jha put her hand on mine, "accepted. But___"

"She can live with me." Yuvaan Jha's offer left me speechless. Why everyone was acting stupid?! Or are they really stupid was beyond my imagination. He continues, "infact it's the safest solution."

"That's wonderful," Armaan Jha had this huge grin plastered over his face. "Why didn't I think of this earlier?!"

"Excuse me but I refuse. I can't live with so many boys," I tried to reason with them. That's like ewww!

"First we are three. Not so many." Yuvaan Jha mocked me. "One is your brother and one is your___" he cleared his throat before he mumbled, "husband."

He had a glimpse of our married life the last time I was in their flat. Totally enthralling. I wish him to go back to his original version of Yuvaan Jha's. Where he doesn't give a damn to people around him. 

I waited for Gashmir to be offended. He always had this thing against me living with him. But he was holding his head in his hands which were resting on the table. 

"Don't you and Gashmir live together before?! Then what's wrong now?!" As daddu Shenoy asked calmly, I got what was wrong. Why did Gashmir have his head in his hands?!

We almost forgot that we were pretending to live together. We spilled all the beans that were in the pod. Panicked, I looked to Gashmir who had his eyes already set on me. He had no expression on his face as he continued to stare at me. Unknowingly we almost disclosed our relationship that we were hiding. Do we have to hide the reality of our marriage anymore?! Cause the purpose was fulfilled. I mean, they did it to save and find my parents. 

Also, the reason I chose to come here was to tell the truth of our relationship. And ask for freedom. I and Gashmir’s life freedom. From this secret marriage. And God has given the chance.

Without breaking my eye contact with Gashmir I finally declared, "we don't."

The room fell silent as the clicking of utensils and chatter stopped. I closed my eyes and when I opened I looked at daddu. His composure was disturbing my senses as he sat serene. Did he not hear me or did he not get what I said?!

Some looked confused, some relaxed as I dropped the bomb. My heart thumps as the clock ticks in the kitchen. Both raise my nothing but anxiety. But the old man wasn't doing anything to end it. He so elegantly put the spoon in his hand on the table. With the cloth beside, wipe his mouth which had got nothing stuck, then his hands. His hands weren't even dirty. He did use a spoon to eat. 

Like the Jyotiraditya Shenoy he was, he leisurely dropped another bomb, "I knew."

And here I thought I will have the last word this time. How could I when the Shenoys are still breathing the same air as I?!

Gashmir jerked his neck faster than anyone could blink. He spurted out, "you knew?!"

"Have you both taken me as a fool?!" Was the only thing he said. Neither Gashmir nor I dared to ask further. Cause we knew we screwed up enough.

But the shrew had to make matters worse, she casually spoke like it was her marriage. "It doesn't matter now, does it?! The purpose of their marriage has been served. I don't think it's right for them to still pretend then."

"That's not for you to decide," daddu Shenoy's stern voice shut that witch. Good. Still, I felt like punching Era for even having a mouth. But for the first time she talked to the point, instead of twisting it. I won't let it go in vain.

"She wasn't wrong," I said.

"Wait! What are you talking about?! You both were pretending this whole time! As in you are not married?!" Perplexed, Aunt Malvika uttered in disbelief. 

"Keya it would be better to expand the scenario further for us," Ahana Jha requested. 

I gulped, keeping my eyes down, this was not what I imagined to reveal my secret marriage life. But there was no meaning in hiding it anymore.

"We have never been like a married couple. We lived separately, I at university hostel and Gashmir in his flat. We remain strangers at college. We were hiding our marriage from the beginning. Nobody knew we were married at all." I said what needed to be said. 

Uncle Shenoy opened his mouth then closed it, repeating the action quite a few times, resembling Nemo. However, Aunt Malvika cleared her confusion, "That's because Gashmir wants to focus on his career. You both agreed to keep it low. How__ I mean why would you pretend?!"

I looked at Gashmir, who has decided to become a mute. I sigh, "That was just an excuse, I think. But we were never into it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 12.5K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
38.1K 3.4K 39
𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 2 ᴴᵉ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒˢᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʰᵉʳ ˢᵃᵛⁱᵒᵘʳ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗᵘʳⁿᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵛⁱˡ ⁱⁿ ᵈⁱˢᵍᵘⁱˢᵉ _______________________________________...
2.8M 10.3K 7
" You are really beautiful Nivi...... oh I am sorry Actually it slipped out accidentally. I heard your mom addressing you as Nivi that's why " when t...