Prohibitive nights

By coolandhotblonde

Diane McLennan, Alan's (yeah-yeah) older sister plays at the sandlot every night until one night she notices... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
A.N
9
10
11

6

895 14 18
By coolandhotblonde

Hey guys sorry for taking a while to update i've been having a little bit of writer's block . I went back to last chapter and made a few changes as I wasnt fully content with it . I'm back and if you have any suggestions please comment . Also when I'm finished this story i'm thinking about writing a mighty ducks one or a stand by me one let me know if you'd read them . Okay that's it for now . Thanks for reading . - Elle <3

Alan came home a while after I arrived home . I ended up falling asleep on the couch while listening to some vinyls . I shifted my head and glanced at the clock which read 5pm. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to get ready early and make some breakfast for Alan and I .

I took out my favourite blue overalls and paired it with a red long sleeve shirt . I put my hair in two loose braids and placed my dodgers cap on top.

I poured the orange juice in the glasses and sat them with the plates of grilled cheese . I heard footsteps and saw Alan making his way to the kitchen .

" Morning sleepy head !" I announced while rubbing my knuckles in his hair .

"mornin- HEY DIANE CUT IT OUT !" he groaned

we ate our breakfast and walked to the sandlot . I tried to hide my happiness because for once I dont have to watch alan leave while im stuck at home . I couldn't help but feel propitious , like I knew this what it'll take to succeed .

" hey Diane!" squints spoke while holding out the ane into a flirtatious matter .

"hey squints." It was supposed to be a statement but ended up sounded like a question .

"so I was thinking would you , diane , like to go on a date with me ?" I tried to stifle my laugh because he's a nice pal although he's only about a foot shorter then me and looks 10 .

" Uh squints buddy , Alan would kill me and you aren't exactly my age per say ."

"IM 12 ! practically a man ." he remarked while flexing his non- existent muscles

"squints I think you're an awesome guy trust me just not for me , maybe if I didn't like ben-

"WHAT! "

"SHIT Uh beneficial men?"

" you could've done better then that Diane , but your secrets safe with me alright ."

"what secret I don't like him I barely know him I couldn't possibly like him HES JUST A FRIEND !"

"yup okay diane and wendy peffercorn is the ugliest gal around."

"hey wendy is my bestfriend and she's super hot- ...... you were being sarcastic."

" bingo! You know I kissed her last year ." THAT WAS SQUINTS HOLY-

I was about to continue my conversation with squints before benny approached us .

" sorry to interrupt but we kinda want to play play ball ?"

" right ! ball well ima go over yeah BYE!" before I could leave squints yanked my overall strap and pulled me back .

" Diane we WILL finish our conversation."

" there's nothing to finish ." I replied with a smirk

"but there is because you do ." now a smirk was plastered on his face

"I DONT LIKE HIM!" shit he is right there Diane

" like who?" benny asked and you could hear the confusion in his voice

" uh phillips , squints saw me having dinner with him at the diner by vincents ."

"You like phillips?"

"no not at all I thought he was hot and wendy wanted to have dinner with his brother so I agreed to it but then he said I shouldn't play ball because i'm a girl then I got upset and left."

" oh okay ?" benny seemed upset in a way

"you think he's hot ?"

"you know I think we should play?"

"Yeah sure ? Okay base up ."

As Benny ran to bat I wanted to crawl up in a ball and die. Why did I have to be so dumb now Benny hates me . Why would I say I thought some other dude was hot in front of Benny . Not that I like him or anything so it wouldn't matter .

"Did you really have dinner with Phillips ?"

"Yea squints , unfortunately I did ."

"Did he really say all that crap about have you shouldn't play ball!?"

"Again unfortunately yeah."

"Sorry Diane , about it all I shouldn't have pestered you about Benny . If you don't wanna talk about it I won't bring it up alright?"

My heart melted at his words . Squints really did care about me and I'm glad I had him as a friend .

"Thanks , it's fine tho I get why you thought it . Truth is I'm not sure myself and I don't want to admit to something just because I want to end a conversation."

"Yeah I get that . How about we go for some ice cream after the game . We can talk about how you feel?"

"That sounds nice thanks squints ! Let's play now okay."

"Wow it's about time !" Kenny sighed with a lazy eye roll .

"Yeah whatever Kenny  , let's play ball !"

We finished a long game of baseball . All the boys went to the dugout but squints and I . We decided to just take off so we didn't need to answer any questions .

The sound of door rang while we entered the shop . I took a look at all the flavours they had offered and my eyes landed on cookie dough .

"Hey which flavour do you want it's on me ?"

"No don't worry about it Diane I can pay for us ."

"Nah save your money which flavour ?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yup!"

"Alright we'll I'll have Mint chocolate chip !"

I cracked a smile at his request .

"Hi may I have one ming chocolate chip and one cookie dough please ?"

"Yup coming right up !"

I payed the cashier the money and stood to the side with squints .

"Thanks Diane next time it's on me though ."

"No problem and we'll see about that ."

I hit his torso with my ass and he did the same to me .

"Here's your ice cream have a nice day !"

"Thank you !" We both said at the same time while leaving the store .

We decided to take a small walk around the valley as we ate our cones . It was quiet but a nice quiet .

"Hey uh do you like Wendy or do you just think she's hot?" I decided to kill the silence with a question .

"Well I don't really know , at first I liked her bc she was good to look at but then I started to notice how she smiled at her friends and when I kissed her she still treated me with kindness and always waved back at me ."

As I turned to look at squints all I saw was a crimson red boy .

"How do I know if I like Benny for Benny or that I like the idea of him ."

Squints expression changed from flushed to confused .

"What do you mean by idea ?"

"Well you know , a cute baseball boy who takes time out of his day to play ball with me . Who watched me play ball because it was "fascinating" . How do I know if I like him or if I like the attention?" 

"Diane lemme ask you something , do you like the idea of being held in his arms not anyone's arms but Bennys ? Do you think about him before going to bed ? Do you picture yourself being happy and atomically think of Benny being by your side ?"

Squints words really did have me in a stump. Of course I thought about him before I slept . All the moments from the nights at the sandlot would keep me at peace. The idea of being wrapped in his arms does sound promising , and 100% Benny comes to mind when I think about what makes me happy .

"Yeah squints yeah to it all ."

Squints eyes crinkled and his teeth aligned in a perfect smile .

"Diane do you like Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez?" 

"Yeah I think that's exactly the case ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 1K 31
(It's summer 2016) Vanessa just move into the Valley with her father and her step mother along with her children. What happens when Smalls invite her...
1.6M 28.9K 40
❝You like my sister?❞ ❝Nah, man. I don't have time for girls, you know? Baseball is my life, that's really all that matters to me at the moment.❞ β–‚β–‚β–‚...
33.8K 661 36
"I never thought I'd find myself kissing Philips sister..." (TW: THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE STORY) Benny really doesn't want anything to do with Philips un...
The Home Run By .

Fanfiction

116K 1.6K 23
COMPLETED 2-2-19! Trigger Waring! β€’Some mention of abuse I took the ball from Benny. We all talked happily, as Benny tried to catch his breat...