7

"Hey Diane wake up and get ready ! Time to go to the sandlot."

"Okay I'll be down in 15!" 

I grabbed a navy tank top and some jeans and placed my dodgers cap on my head backwards .

"Alan are you ready to go ?

"Yup ! Let's go."

We were walking down the sidewalk in silence , I didn't mind it was nice . Even though it was cut short when Alan spoke .

"I'm glad you're playing ball with me , I know I was wrong for not letting you before and I'm truly sorry ."

My brothers words set my mind with a new comfort. I found myself cracking a small smile as I addressed my next words .

" it's all in the past now I'm just glad I get to play with you and the guys ."

"They really enjoy you around you know ."

"Yeah I know I'm practically irresistible." I flicked the non-existent dust off my shoulder .

"Yeah-yeah whatever you need to boost your ego."

"You're just mad that they like me more ." I cocked an eyebrow at him while his lips curled into a smirk .

"Yup especially benny." Alan remarked nonchalantly.

His words left me in complete shock . A wave of blankness washed over me and left me speechless . It was perfect timing because we just made it to the sandlot .

"Shut up would you." I rolled by eyes at Alan

"Cmon Benny it's too hot out we can't play ball today ." Squints voice dragged out .

"Yeah someone will die of heatstroke or something." Bertram backed up squints .

"Fine what do you wanna do then ." Bennys words laced with annoyance .

"SCAM POOL HONEYS !!!!" All the sandlot boys shouted even my brother joined in .

"How would we get in squints got us banned ?" Kenny questioned .  Everyone's eyes shot glares in squints direction , until he turned to face me .

"What why are you looking at me like that ?"

"Well since Wendy and you are best friends do you think you could maybe let us in somehow ?"

You have got to be kidding me . Wendy will not like this one bit but I think I can figure it out .

"fine."

I've never seen boys so excited .

"Okay Cmon let's all get dressed and meet back at the pool okay ?"

Everyone agreed and I walked home to get my stuff .

I grabbed my beach bag and placed sunscreen , a towel and my sunglasses in it . I changed into a simple red bikini set and threw a dodgers shirt that went to my knees on top .
Alan and I walked to the pool and met with the others .

"Okay let me just talk to Wendy real quick okay stay here ."

I ran to the lifeguard tower and waved to Wendy .

"Hey Diane !!"

"Hey wends , I um have a favour to ask ?"