Drowning | on hold

By ola_writesss

My heart got filled with the love I missed all these years all thanks to π’‰π’Šπ’Ž __... More

00 | Introduction
01 | Sick
03 | Help me out
04 | Damn
05 | Calling her names
06 | Hurt but not by you
07 | Lost in my head
08 | We were drunk
09 | Packing and unpacking
10 | A helping hand
11 | A party for the win
12 | I hate the excuse
13 | A tear of happiness
14 | Spending time with you
15 | That was unexpected
16 | Up for a treat
17 | Happy with you
18 | Ask me first!
19 | Jealous for buttercup
20 | Playing sweets
21 | Together
22 | Suck it up big boy
23 | Today
24 | All fun and talk
25 | A brave fighter
26 | Failure
27 | Fairytales
28 | Bingo
29 | Turn right
30 | Butterflies
31 | Kisses
32 | Mood changes
33 | Home

02 | Her

638 47 22
By ola_writesss

"Hayden can you step on it.I am dying back here." Dylan said from the back seat.

I was driving.My friends and I decided to go out to the beach since it was a sunny day.

It is nice to swim in the open from time to time.We get bored at the pool.

They wanted me to give them a ride and now this dumbass,Dylan has been complaining that I am driving to slow.

"Are you blind? Can't you see the traffic?" He doesn't respond.

We arrive at the beach and it took longer than expected.The beach wasn't as full as it usually is.Seeing the traffic I assumed it was going to be full.

Probably because it's a Tuesday and people are at work.

We found an uncrowded spot and put our things there.Girls faces were legit dropped to the floor.Well to the sand.

We got used to it.I don't give them the satisfaction of me staring back.I just ignore them.

Wait let me correct myself.I try to ignore them but they are all flirty and I can't help it.

"Who wants a beer?" Alex said and I raised my hand.He handed me a beer and I drank it with in minutes.

I sat on a towel and I was staring back in the ocean.It looks like it never ends.

It looks so peaceful.

I got bored and wanted to go in. "I am going in who is coming with me?"

"I don't want to go in yet.I need to call Laura she is probably worried." Alex stated.Laura is his girlfriend of 2 years.

"Okay yeah.Of course you need to call her every few hours and miss all the fun.I am going in,too." Dylan said.

We both went straight in.Wasting no time. Out bodies adjusts to the low water temperature.We start swimming back and forth.The waves were huge but satisfying to us but no problem.

"I can't stay afloat Scarlett." A girl practically yelled.She was swimming with her friend not far away from us.

I immediately start swimming in her direction.I got a hold of her and pulled her body tight on mine.Making her legs wrap around my waist.

"Are you okay?" She swallowed a lot of water.She didn't say anything and didn't even look at me.I just started walking to the shore with her wrapped around me.

Yeah you heard me I started walking.

My feet could reach the ground under water but I am guessing she was short and she couldn't stay afloat,and the waves didn't help.She probably got tired.

I put her down and Dylan came behind me putting the other girl down."Oh my God,you are Hayden Smith." She yelled.

"Really.I didn't know I was.Have a good day ladies." I say and went back to where we left our things.

I see Alex laying in a towel and tanning. I walk slowly and grab a water bottle and spilled water all in his face.Me and Dylan were laughing hard to his reaction.

He got furious and he reached out to grab a water bottle but he wasn't fast enough.I grabbed another water bottle and ran far away from where we got settled.Alex was coming after me.He threw water on me and as I was about to threw water back he moved away and I spilled water all over a girl.

"HEYY" she yelled.

Fuck.

"I am so sorry.I didn't mean to do that." I said. Hoping she won't jump on me.

"Yeah you didn't mean it."

Does she know me?

The girl was pretty and now I ruined her hair.To bad.It's a beach.You should get wet.

Uuuu, wet.

Not that way dirty mind.

"I said sorry and I will say it again.One question though.Why did you come to the beach if you don't want to get wet?" I laugh as I aks curiously.

"None of your business. Can you leave me alone now?" She says.

Yup,she doesn't know me.

I am happy she doesn't.

I should probably leave as she asked. What is her problem? I just said sorry.I could have just pretended that nothing happened.

I got back to my friends not looking back."Did The Hayden Smith talk to a girl normally?" Dylan teases.

"Yeah sure.It wasn't a conversation. All to this dumbass's fault." Pointing to Alex."The girl didn't even know who I was, and I am glad she didn't."

"What do you mean?"Dylan asked.

"Forget it." I can't forget it.

The way she jumped when cold water spilled all over her.The way she ignored my apology like I was nobody.

I am someone to myself and that should be enough in this world.

I find myself glancing back at her.I noticed that she was here with the girls that we saved earlier and with some other guy.He looks into her.The way I would catch him staring at her while she spoke.Ugh.

We left before the sunset and went over to a bar.My cousin's bar.So he served us drinks and didn't care about our age.I know better than to get drunk.

"I am hungry." Dylan says.

"There is a restaurant right across the street if you guys want to go." My cousin's suggested.I guess we could go in there and eat something.I was pretty hungry,too. I didn't eat anything since this morning.

"Let's go!" I say.I pulled out a fifty dollar bill and put it in the counter.I thanked my cousin and let him keep the change.

We crossed the street and went in the restaurant.It looked nice.The interior needed a lot of work.Coming here again,it wouldn't be my first choice.

We sat down on a table and we ordered our food.As I ordered my eyes fell on the side profile of the most attractive girl out there.The dark brown hair left wavy but looked a little messed up, because of me.Even tho I couldn't see clearly what she was wearing I bet she looked beautiful.

Wait.Back to reality mister.

I snap back to reality and joined the chat between Dylan and Alex.They were talking about cars.Of course they were.

My mind was somewhere else.

I hear a girl yell something but I catch only the 'Aila fucking Johnson' part.I turn my head to see the girl I saved from drowning, yell to the other girl I have laid eyes on.

Shit did I just learn her name?

Should I go stalker mode now?

I should probably leave her alone.For the best.

About an hour past and we were leaving the restaurant now.The food was delicious since they didn't give me a good impression with the interior.The owners taste palette is boring.

The waitress was hitting on me the whole time.When she brought our food she touched my shoulders.She would come and check if I liked the food and if I needed anything.Alex and Dylan were giggling all the time because they saw how pissed I was with all of that flirtation coming from her.

I dropped Alex and Dylan to their house and then I drove back to mine.

I had a quick shower and went to bed. To bad I can't sleep in this bed for much longer since we need to go back to the college campus less than a week.I got transferred to the Laguna college,  campus, since us swimmers need better care and in these circumstance it was the best and only choice.

I try to sleep.

No luck.

One thing on my mind.

One person.

That's it.I am going to search her up on Instagram.

I search the name.

Aila Johnson. - nope not her.

Aila - and I click on the first one.

@aila_  The darl brown hair.It's her.

I found her.I click on a tag on her bio.

@aila_reads

I see she posted book suggestions and she has her own book store.She has a small business and she is in college. Unbelievable.Good for her.

I go back to her main account and scroll through her posts.I liked her vibe.She looks like she is a bad bitch.Damn.

Who would have thought?

I noticed she didn't post since April which was about 4 months ago.She still looked the same as she did look on the old photos.

My eyes were shocked and got blind. The color my eyes see every fucking day was transferred into an eye.

Those pure blue eyes.

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.I loved writing this.Tell me your thoughts on this.

Question: What is your favourite color?

Ola <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 5 34
Follow hearts on this journey through love, matchmaking, heartbreak, cheating, grief and friendship "In the presence of others you have to keep yours...
5.4K 235 28
Hey, it's Sky, I've been best friends with Andrew Dennis Biersack for a while and trust me, it hasn't been easy. Of course, there are the thirteen-ye...
1.5M 33.8K 53
"Take it." He mumbled. I obeyed him. His lips were at one end while mine at the other. I felt the heat surround us. He slowly bit the stick leaning c...
36.6K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...