of prey and predator πŸ”ž(Angel...

By Chiaroscuro555

Someone was making super soldiers from the nanites that were stolen from the Yuwen's Corp, and it's time to i... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
author's note

5

488 62 7
By Chiaroscuro555

Lan Wangji walked to the north end of the containment chamber and he quickly disposed of two men in black. He was in the middle of restraining them when he felt a presence behind him. He turned around to find a lone figure; without kevlar and he brought no gun, just a full gas mask in neon green; stood there and watched him. He made no movement and Lan Wangji also stood still. They were just standing there face to face for what seemed like a very long time, until Lan Wangji's phone vibrated. He was distracted for one second, and the next second he looked back at the figure. He had disappeared, without doing anything to him. It was so strange. He picked up his phone, and Wei Wuxian was on the other side.

"Baby, where are you?"

"North end. There was someone here, but he escaped."

"I'm on my way."

They rounded up the people they caught, which amounted to seven people, with another three killed by Wei Wuxian. He Xuan tsk-tsking her, but she just shrugged and snuggled into Lan Wangji's embrace, while Noah looked at her in awe. Three fully equipped and armored adult males, easily taken down by Wei Wuxian alone. He wondered who exactly was this woman that looked so extraordinary and highly skilled, yet acted like a cat in front of her husband.

"They were nanites soldiers, by the way, so it's useless to interrogate them." Wei Wuxian told the others the reason why she killed the three. "They're like the ones who attacked me at Grandpa Mo's house. Remember, Xuanxuan?" She walked to one of the men they caught and pulled out a dagger out of nowhere, then she casually slit his throat, to Noah's horror. Then she took a small vial from the table and took a blood sample from the man. Then she secured it before she put the vial back into its place behind a containment box.

"Don't touch it with bare hands, or anything, it's dangerous." Then she proceeded to do the same to the other six men.

"What the…" he looked at He Xuan, who shook his head. Noah was crazy, but Wei Wuxian was even more crazier. And yet, there seemed to be a method to her crazy. He should know firsthand, since she was the one who birthed him out of some experiment just to give her husband a child. Her husband, his little brother, and also his parents. He still couldn't get used to it. The thought of having some immortal parents.

"Just… watch. She wouldn't do anything without any good reason." He Xuan sighed, as the wounds on the men's throat slowly closed, and Noah widened his eyes.

"See? They can't be killed in any conventional way, only my fire could do that." Wei Wuxian sighed as if she was explaining to kindergarten kids.

"Wait wait… what fire? And those people, are they… robots? Android? Biotech?" Noah asked Wei Wuxian, then he looked at He Xuan. "I mean, I know you worked in the biotech and nanotechnology field, but this…? This is… wow, this is the first time I saw something like this." Then he jolted up. "So, does this mean that the woman I saw back there is also an android?"

"The one whom you said beat you in a fight? You? The unbeatable Noah St.Claire, the youngest Knight of Holy Order, who got kicked out because of disorderly behaviour, a.k.a punched his own superior?" He Xuan chuckled as Noah frowned.

"I quit, not get kicked out, mind you, and that man was such an asshole, he earned those punches." He hit He Xuan's arm playfully. "So, after I fought these three goons, there was a woman with a neon pink gas mask and no kevlar or weapons on her. But she fought like, crazy good. Then I accidentally took off her mask and I saw long silver hair before she snatched the mask back and disappeared."

"Funny, I also met someone who wore a neon green gas mask and he didn't do anything at all, just watched me for about thirty seconds and he's gone." Lan Wangji remembered the odd encounter with the strange person. 

Wei Wuxian frowned and she took out her phone and tried to find the footage of those two strange occurrences.

"Hmm… she tapped at her phone and frowned again. "Someone has already erased all footage from the main hub." She put down her phone then closed her eyes. "I'll see if I can find out who did this."

Noah looked at Wei Wuxian like she was out of her mind, but He Xuan and Lan Wangji didn't look amused, instead, they just waited for her to finish what she was doing.

"Goddammit, that person is good. They erased all feeds that showed them, I can't find anything on the duo neon gas mask person. It's like they're… ghosts."

"I swear to God that she was as real as you and me, since she almost choked me to death. Twice." This was the first time that Noah was being beaten up, by a woman nonetheless, so he remembered every detail. "She was strong, stronger than the average human, and she was fast. Light on her feet too."

"Well, I can testify that if she really was that good, then she's good. I never once won from him when we were scuffling without my suit. He's literally a monster." He Xuan was not proud to admit his loss, but it was to emphasize the situation they had in hands. "Although the gender should be taken into consideration, since this gentleman here never wants to fight the opposite gender unless it's a monster."

"That makes me want to try to fight you, Noah, whaddaya say, shall we do a quick one on one?" Wei Wuxian smirked at Noah when she was pulled back by Lan Wangji.

"Not a chance." He whispered in Wei Wuxian's ear. "You do that and I will restrain you in bed for the whole week and you don't get a say in that."

"Lan Zhan…!" Wei Wuxian was blushing from Lan Wangji's words, and she pinched his waist. "Well, since I'm not allowed to have fun, I will go and dissect those… puppets."

"I think you have to wait to do that." He Xuan was scanning their faces and fingerprints and three of them got a hit on Yuwen International's database. "These three are our employees." He showed them his tab, which showed the ID cards of those employees. They were low level workers, fortunately, without any clearance to anything important.

"Hmm," Wei Wuxian looked at the tab, when suddenly they heard Xie Lian's loud voice calling for them. They all quickly ran to the room where they left Xie Lian and Hua Cheng and what was waiting for them was something that neither one of them were expecting to happen.

Hua Cheng was floating midair with dark shadows floating around him. His eyes were red, and he did not seem to recognize anyone in the room.

"What happened?" Lan Wangji asked Xie Lian, who was making a complicated rune and in deep concentration.

"It seems like he successfully merged with the demon, but I think he's going to lose the fight." Noah quickly made an exorcism array on his own when Xie Lian spoke to him.

"It's fine, I know how to handle this." 

The array that Xie Lian made was already done, and Wei Wuxian looked at him with a question in her eyes.

"It's the only way, and you know that." Xie Lian spoke to Wei Wuxian who nodded, "besides, it is already time." Then he looked at Noah. "Thank you for your help, but I can handle this from now on."

"What?" Noah was surprised, this was an already full blown possession, and there's no way that man could be saved now. The only way was to exorcise him, which could cost him his life. 

"Trust him, Noah. He knew what to do." Wei Wuxian grabbed Noah's shoulder and pulled him away from Xie Lian and Hua Cheng. 

Right at that time, the array that Xie Lian made was done, and from it, came out a huge white dragon. It looked fierce, yet gentle at the same time, and it caused a cool breeze to appear inside the fixed temperature room. The dragon bowed its head respectfully to Xie Lian, and it roared very loud, deafening the people there, then it entered Hua Cheng's body, engulfing him in a white cloud, and dispersing the black shadow.

"Xianxian, now!" Xie Lian looked at Wei Wuxian, who summoned her scythe and cut the whole cloud in two.

"What the…" Noah was yelling with surprise, but when he moved forward, Lan Wangji and He Xuan restrained him. "What are you guys doing? Are you trying to kill your own brother? And what in the world is that?" He was so shocked seeing the huge scythe appear out of thin air, and he noticed the change of Wei Wuxian's eyes into red. She now looked dangerous, and inhuman, unlike the cheeky woman that Noah knew now, but everyone seemed to not notice.

"Qingyu, calm down, look." He Xuan pointed at the dispersing cloud. The black shadow was gone, and Hua Cheng fell down right into Xie Lian's arms. His clothes were torn, and there was a huge dragon tattoo on his back. Noah did not know if the dragon was there before, but one thing he knew for sure. These people, He Xuan's brothers and their spouses, or whatever, were not human. That was the one thing he was sure of.

"Now, would anyone tell me what was that? I never know any array who could summon a dragon, or make a huge ass scythe out of nowhere," Noah was breathless, but he needed to know, "who the hell are you people?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 8.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
278K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
628K 31.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
729K 17.3K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...