Revenge Gone Wrongfully Right

By -honeylee-

(Editing) Aria Blue is a only child. Living a life without a father figure was quite a struggle for her but... More

A/N
01| An innocent life
02| Hurt
03| Mysterious guy
04| The girl in the red dress
05| Stormy
06| Domenico
07| Edna & Chewbacca
08| Little Bear
09| For her own sake
10| Rawr
11| Holy fucking kazoonshits
12| Keep her safe
13| The whole menu
14| Grumpy Ari
16| Dinner
17| Garden
18| Protective
19| The queen
20| Choose
21| Title
22| I'm in big trouble
23| Consequenses
24| Tell me your lying
25| My queen
26| Matter of time
27| Betrayal
28| I'll find you
29| Damn
30| Hollowness
31| I'm on my way, baby
32| My Angel
33| A broken queen and a troubled king
34| My girl
Epiloge

15| Read to me

1.2K 26 17
By -honeylee-

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
————————————————

I watch as she sleeps in my arms.

Alessandro and his daughter have long since left and I've finished all the work I needed to do today 20 minutes ago. She's been asleep for 3 and a half hours now and I would be lying if I said I haven't thought about waking her up, but I know her stomach was probably killing her and sleep is probably the best way to deal with it.

When I saw Matteo gripping her wrist, I nearly lost my shit. I was seconds away from getting up and punching him dead in his jaw but I refrained.

That doesn't mean I'll be able to refrain later.

A knock at my door brings me out of my thoughts. "Enter." I say trying not to wake up the beauty in my arms.

The door opens and Lyra comes in. When she sees Aria in my arms, a sense of relief flashes through her eyes then a warm smile takes place on her face.

"I've been looking all over for her." she says as she stands at the door.

"She's been here with me. What do you need?" I ask not wanting anything to wake her up.

She nods her head, as if remembering the reason she came, and says "Mrs. Romano is here to see you, sir."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and begin getting up to go see why my mom is here when Aria groans and grips my arms.

Sitting back down, I look at her with a small smile before telling Lyra to bring my mom in.

Aria's hand fall from my arms and she falls right back into her slumber just as my mother walks through the door.

She makes her way over to the chairs in front of her desk, a wide smile on her face as she sees Aria sleeping in my arms.

"Mom, why did you come down here? You know I would've preferred you call me and I went over there." I say as she takes a seat.

She shakes her head and looks up at me. "I didn't want to trouble you with the trip."

I give her a ridiculous look. "Mom your house is a 15 minute drive."

She rolls her eyes. "Shut it. I'm here now and there's nothing you can do about it."

I narrow my eyes in suspicion at her. "And why are you here?"

Her smile widens. "Can I not see how my son is?"

I raise my eyebrow at her knowing damn well she would've called me like every other time.

She sighs then looks back down at Aria and says "Fine. Domenico said that she was staying here until Viktor is dealt with and I thought she could use the face of a female but she seems just fine right now."

I tighten my hold slightly around Aria which my mother seems to notice. Looking back up to me, I see something sparkle in her eyes. "You're different around her."

I let out a chuckle. "Mom you don't live here. Stop saying things you don't know."

She shakes her head. "Never once have I seen you let another female sleep in your arms that isn't Aurora. I just seen you tighten your hold protectively around her, Dante. And I'm your mother and a mother always knows."

I roll my eyes at her last statement and look down at Aria.

I am different around her but I don't want to be.

I don't want to let her in and fully bring her into this life because of the horrors it could do to her. I know she'll be able to handle it I'm just not sure if I could ever live with myself if something happened to her because I brought her into this world.

But yet every time I'm with her, I feel like a magnet being drawn to her. I want nothing but to protect her, to be the reason she laughs and smiles and be the shoulder she needs to cry on. To comfort her in her worst times and for her to comfort me when everything goes to hell. To have her be the last thing I see every night and the first thing I see every morning. To be able to kiss her everywhere a thousand times and more and to fuck her till dawn while she screams my name.

She's not like all the other one night stands I've had. She's different and I know my mom sees it. She walks around with this fire on her and if it weren't for my threat, every man would be at her feet trying to get their claws on her. She's the women that I know when it's finally safe for her to leave, there's a part of her that will always stay engraved in my mind.

And it's crazy how she's only been living her for a week and she's already made herself a home in my mind.

But no matter how bad I want her, I can't have her because of who I am.

"You know your father was scared to bring me into this life as well." my mother says as if reading my thoughts.

I look up to her and she continues. "He didn't want me apart of this life because of the dangers it could bring to me. Dating a mafia boss wasn't easy in any way. Threats were made to me over and over again. The men had a hard time finding trust in me but when I became their queen, they put their lives down for me. No matter what the situation, your father protected me like it was breathing to him. Yes, I may have traded the good life I had to one of guns and violence but at the end of the day, it was worth it. I had the man that I love by my side throughout the whole way and I brought four incredible children into this world. That's what mattered. Not the dangers, not the threats, not the accusations. None of that. Everything I have with your father made it all worth it."

She searches my eyes for a minute before looking down at Aria. After realizing I'm not going to reply, she continues. "I know you and your father don't have the best of bonds but you both have something in common." she looks back up to me. "You both fight with yourself to either be with the women that you want, or to push her away because you think that's what's safest for her. But Dante she is already apart of this life. It doesn't matter if you push her away when it's 'safe' for her. Everybody that's after you will end up coming after her because she has already taken a place in your heart."

I look down at Aria, not wanting to feel the truth behind her words.

My mother has always known me better than I know myself and when she speaks to me now, I want nothing more that to push her away because I know she's right.

I just don't want her to be.

"I know you're scared, baby. Scared that she's going to get hurt because of the life that you live in. But don't deny your heart what it wants because of that fear. Give her a chance and if she chooses not to stay when the time comes, than let her walk out because she chose to. Looking at her now, I have a good feeling that she won't leave." she says and gets up and begins walking to the door.

Once she reaches the door, she turns around and faces me. "Next Saturday we're having dinner. Your welcomed to join us and bring her along as well."

I nod my head at her and she gives Aria one last glance before walking out of the door.

Just as the door closes, my phone rings -awfully loudly- causing Aria to stir in my lap.

I let out a groan as her ass rubs over my cock and quickly decline the call without even looking at who's calling.

My phone begins ringing again and Aria lets out a groan in my neck. "Shut it up."

I chuckle and grab my phone from the desk. Seeing that Domenico is calling, I answer it and place it to my ear.

"Is Aria with you? She hasn't answered any of my calls." Domenico says as soon as I answer the phone.

Well hello to you too fucker.

"Yes she's with me." I say as she begins stirring in my lap again.

"Okay good. And next time you decline my fucking calls I'll be shoving the phone up your ass." is the last thing he says before cutting the line.

I chuckle and toss my phone onto the desk and place my hand back onto Aria's thigh.

I think that she fell back to sleep when suddenly, she jumps up on my lap causing a involuntary groan leave my lips.

She looks at me in confusion before shaking her head and asking "What time is it?"

My hands land on her thigh and I look down at my watch. "5:30 why?"

She slaps my arm. "Dante you let me sleep for 4 hours?"

I look at her in confusion and, slowly, nod my head.

"Don't you have things to do? Why didn't you wake me?" she asks and I smile at how cute she looks.

Leaning my head back, I let a deep chuckle escape my lips. "I finished all my work Amore, don't worry." I say looking back to her.

The smile never leaves my face and I watch as her eyes roam my features before a big smile graces her lips. "You have dimples!" she exclaims while placing her finger on my dimples.

Normally I hate when people touch me, yet alone my face, but there's something about when Aria touches me that I don't mind it.

I find myself wanting more of her touch.

I sit there and smile at her as she plays with my cheeks. Looking back up to my eyes, I watch as her cheeks turn light pink and she drops her hand. "Don't look at me like that?"

I furrow my eyebrows and my smile falters. "Like what?"

She gestures to my face. "Like that."

We look at each other for a couple of minutes, non of us saying anything, and I find myself looking down at her pink full lips more times that I'd like to admit.

"Thank you for the chocolate and books." she says breaking the silence.

I look away from her. I told Domenico not to tell her they were from me.

"It's nothing." I say as I look down at her wrist and begin playing with the red bracelet that's around it.

She lifts my chin up to her. "Well I liked it so thank you."

I nod my head at her and my eyes flicker down to her lips.

Before either of us could do anything, there's a knock at the door and Aria jumps back causing her back to hit the desk.

She lets out a groan and brings her hand to her back before placing her head on my shoulder.

I chuckle and place gently remove her hand and place mines on her back. Hearing my chuckle, she punches my side as I begin rubbing her back. "It's not funny." she says.

I chuckle again before telling whoever decided to knock on the door that they could enter.

Matteo comes in and I find myself wrapping my arms around Aria and pulling her closer to my body.

Matteo sees Aria in my arms and hesitated for a second before continuing his way to my desk with a file in his hand.

"Boss, can I have a word?" he asks looking toward Aria.

"Get on with it." I say sending him a pointed look.

He looks at Aria again before letting out a sigh and placing the file down on my desk. "We have 3 crates missing." he says as I pick up the file and begin reading it. "Sandro reported it earlier today."

I feel my blood slightly begin to boil. "How the hell are three of my crates missing? Do you know how many guns and ammunition that is?" I say looking up at Matteo.

He nods his head. "Yes I know I was just as pissed when he told me but nobody was in the wearhouse when they were taken."

I sit up in my chair. "What the fuck do you mean nobody was in the warehouse?! I have at least twenty men in there every hour. Where were they when this happened?"

Aria shifts in my lap and I just now remember she's still there.

Taking in a deep breath, I begin playing with her bracelet again which helps relax me. I look up at Matteo waiting for an explanation.

"My guess is as good at yours. Sandro came in fuming when he found out nobody was working when, really, there was supposed to be around fifty men on the job at that time."

I pulls Aria back by her waist and look up at her. "Can you give Domenico a call and tell him to come home?"

She gives me a gentle smile and nods her head. Getting off of my lap, I watch as her and Stormy make their way to the door and it's only when it closes behind her do I stand up.

"Who was supposed to be working that shift when it happened?" I ask looking at Matteo.

He grabs the file that he handed me and begins flipping through the pages. When he finds the right one, he tells me the name of my men that were supposed to be loading and docking my shipments last night.

I nod my head. "I want a meeting called now. I'll be there when Domenico gets here."

He nods his head and begins turning away when I stop him. "And Matteo, if I ever see you lay your hands on Aria again, expect a bullet in between your eyes in the seconds following."

His body tenses the slightest bit but he nods his head nonetheless and makes his way out of my office.

I wait a couple minutes before I make my way out as well and head up to my room.

Opening my door, I find the person I'm looking for not there.

I make my way back downstairs and outside where I find Stormy in his little area and Aria sitting wrapped in a thick fluffy blanket in the garden beside it with a book in her hands.

As I near her, a small smile settles on my place when I see she's reading one of the books I bought her.

As if feeling my gaze on her, she turns her head over her shoulder and I watch as a smile graces her beautiful features and she pays the space beside her.

I gladly finish the distance between us and sit down in the spot she patted for me.

"Dom said he would be here in 10 minutes and he that he didn't appreciate you interrupting his buddy time." she says as she closes the book and looks over to me.

I chuckle. "I'll be getting a ear full later."

She lets out a light laugh before looking out at the garden surrounding us. "How many guns were in those crates?" she asks as she keeps her gaze on the area with white roses.

I place her hand on my lap and begin playing with her bracelet all while staring at her. "3,600. There was 1,200 in each crate."

She looks back at me with wide eyes. "Holy shit Dante. That's bad. Like really bad."

I chuckle and nod my head. "Yes Amore, it is really bad but I have ten minutes until I have to go in there and yell at the men who were responsible with taking care of them so, I'd like to speak of something other than that."

She lets out a light laugh and nods her head. Looking down at her lap, I point to her book. "Tell me about it."

The biggest smile graces her lips and she looks at me with awe.

I just asked her to talk about her book?

After she collects herself, she begins telling me about the book and I listen to every single word that comes out of her mouth. I watch as her eyes sparkle as she talks about the book as if she were actually in that world.

When she finishes, I find a smile on my face as I listened to her talk about something so enthusiastically. I nod my head at her. "When I finish with this meeting, I want you to read it to me."

She looks at me with wide eyes and the smile from earlier never left her face. "Really?" she asks her voice full of happiness.

I nod but before I can say anything, the back door opens and Domenico walks out. "Angelo you better have a good fucking reason for making me drop off Aurora when we were in the middle of playing tag at the park." he says as he begins making his way over to me.

I chuckle and get up from my spot. Holding my hand out for Aria, she looks up at me and shakes her head. "I'm going to stay out here a little bit longer. The sun is going to set soon and I'd like to watch it. I'll be up in the room before you finish."

I nod my head, feeling anger rise in me at my idiotic men that I have to deal with when I'd rather stay out here and watch the sunset with her.

Walking over to Domenico, I explain everything that happened as we make our way to the meeting room.

Walking in, Domenico makes his way over to the wall as usual while I make my way to the head of the table.

Nodding my head to Matteo, I take my seat. Once I'm seated and situated, I look up to the fifty men that couldn't do their fucking jobs. "Take your seats." I say and they all do.

"There is three crates that went missing last night." I say and I watch as they start moving around in their seats. "According to Sandro, you guys were supposed to be on shift last night. Can someone tell me how you guys manage to lose three of my fucking crates?"

They all start shifting in their seats even more and none of them dare make eye contact which just causes me to lose my patience.

Standing up, I slam my fist against the table. "Three fucking crates are missing and none of you were in the warehouse when it fucking happened? We're on the verge of war with the Mexicans and the Russians have been on our ass for the past twenty years and I have three thousand and six hundred guns missing?! Guns that are necessary if either one of those mafias decide to attack us from out of the blue."

I look around the table and I watch as the all look at each other, fear clear on their face. "Somebody better get to fucking talking before I take out my gun and shoot every single one of you in the head right now." I say awfully calm.

After a minute of silence, Rhyzer makes eye contact with me and begins speaking. "The game was on last night. We all went to that bar down the street to watch it."

Is he fucking serious.

"So you're telling me three crates are missing because you guys wanted to watch a game?" I ask and I see Matteo snap his head to Rhyzer's direction.

"Boss we-" he doesn't get to finish that sentence because I bring my gun from out of my waist and and shoot him right in the head.

Everybody looks at his body in shock.

It takes a lot from me to kill one of my own. These men are like family to me but they all know that if they push my limits, one of them will end up with a bullet in their head just like Rhyzer.

"If I don't have those three crates back by next Friday, you all will end up like your buddy over there. You guys have a weeks time so I suggest not wasting any time." I say then make my way out of the room with Matteo at my side and Domenico behind me.

"Fucking idiots." Matteo says as he runs his hands over his face.

I turn to him. "I want them replaced." I say and he nods his head but I see something else in his eyes other then irritation for my men. "What is it?"

He hesitates for a second before saying "My brother past away from cancer yesterday. I was wondering if I could take a couple off days and spend time with my family. If you need me I-"

I shake my head and cut him off. "Don't worry about it. I'll send word to Sandro about replacing the men. Take as much time as you need." I say as I bring him into a bro hug.

I pay his back a couple of times before we pull away. "Thank you." he says and when I nod my head he begins walking away but before he can get out of sight, he turns his head over his shoulder at me. "If you need anything call."

I shoo him away. "Go Matteo before I change my mind and make you stay here." I joke.

He flips me off the turns the corner and heads up to his room.

I begin making my way across the house to my room with Domenico following behind me.

We make it to the door of my room and I turn around and look at him. "Take over for Matteo while he's gone will you?"

He flips me off but nods his head nonetheless and goes into his room.

Opening the door to mine, I walk in and take off my blazer. Throwing it to the chair, I begin making my way to the bed where I see Aria laying down on her phone.

"How was the meeting?" she asks as she turns off her phone.

I begin loosening my tie as I come to a stop in front of her. "I have three crates missing because they wanted to watch a fucking game."

I see Aria bite back a laugh which just causes me to roll my eyes. "It's not funny." I say as I turn around and begin walking to the closet.

She lets out her laugh. "I know it's not their reasoning is though."

I smile as I listen to her angelic laugh while I take out a pair of boxers and basketball shorts.

Walking out, I fake glare at her as I make my way over to the bathroom. She just gives me a innocent smile and picks up her phone again.

I quickly take a shower, wanting to be in bed with Aria, and walk out to find her in the same exact spot she was when I walked in.

I make my way over to my side of the bed and crawl in. Holding my arm up, she smiles and grabs her book before settling against my side.

"Do you still want me to read to you?" she asks as she looks up to me.

I nod my head and watch as she smiles before looking back down and opening up her book.

I listen to her as she reads her book from the beginning and loses herself in the story she reads to me.

Eventually, I watch as her arm goes to around her stomach and she takes longer pauses and at moments.

Knowing her cramps have kicked in, I grab the book from her hands and place it on the nightstand. Turning off my lamp, I let her shift into a comfortable position by my side before I place my hand on her lower stomach and press my chest against her back.

"Goodnight Amore." I say as I burying my face into her hair.

"Night Mother Gothel." she says then I feel her breathing come to a steady pace and I let myself fall into the darkness along side her.

—————————————————————————————————
Mama Romano knows what's up😏.

Any thoughts on chapter 15?

Love you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1.7K 47
DISCLAIMER: PICTURES ARE FROM PINTEREST BUT AESTHETICS ARE MADE BY ME. *Spinoff to lost in the darkness but can be read as stand alone!* Dante Denaro...
99.9K 1.7K 139
POWER| Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for h...
183K 3.1K 33
โš ๏ธTOXIC LOVE! I've warned you guys so don't hate, there is no need just leave if you don't like it no one forces you guys to read itโš ๏ธ โš ๏ธI'll mute an...
3.8M 60.2K 32
Dante Romano, the most powerful Italian mafia leader is forced to pick a bride by his cruel father in a week. When a man betrays his trust and steals...