{Discontinued} A Fox And His...

By TheOneCutKiller

Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbin... More

Prologue
Vol. 1 - A Meeting With An Amber-Eyed Girl
Vol. 1 - Initiation Begins, Hello Old Friend! (Part 1)
Vol. 1 - New Team, New Friends (Part 2)
Vol. 1 - Classes
Vol. 1 - Jaunedice (Part 1)
Vol. 1 - Jaunedice (Part 2)
Vol 1. - Forever Fall
Vol. 1 - The Stray (Part 1)
Vol. 1 - The Stray (Part 2)
Vol. 2 - Reunion
An Unfortunate Announcement

Vol. 2 - Best Day Ever!

274 10 0
By TheOneCutKiller

Somewhere In Vale...

It was a bright and sunny day in Vale, the citizens walking around, enjoying their every day life. Elsewhere, the owner of the Dust shop, From Dust Till Dawn, was hanging up a banner. 

It read, "Newly Re-opened!"

After hanging up the last corner, he begins to descend down, only to fall off. The old man had fallen, a girl standing above him. She had dark skin with red eyes and mint green hair, the girl letting a sheepish laugh.

???: Excuse me! Sorry. I'm not really from around here. 

The young girl extended her hand out to him, helping the old man up onto his feet. She then goes into her pocket, pulling out a small piece of paper.

???: Um, would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop? 

The old man stared at it for a bit before he hummed and nodded, him pointing it in the direction. The young girl waves and turns around, beginning to walk down the street. However, a silver-haired teen was waiting for her, him leaning up against the wall. She walks past him, him now speaking up.

???2: I knew you were lost.

???: (takes out wallet) Mercury. I will seriously pay you to shut up.

Mercury: That's not your money.

???: But it could be yours for five minutes of silence.

Mercury: Mmmmm...no deal.

???: (growls in annoyance) Hmph. Fine. 

The mint green-haired girl takes all the lien out of the wallet and throws it to the ground, turning heel to the other direction. The silver-haired teen grinned and followed after. 

Mercury: Whatever, you want me. ...So how much farther?

???: A few blocks...

Mercury: Ugh, this place is so dull. 

???: Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture...

Mercury: And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket. 

???: That's every city.

Mercury: (mocking) Oooh! Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!

 Emerald: Ugh, and my other friend has better theatrical abilities than you. 

Mercury: And where is he?

The mint green-haired girl, now known as Emerald, simply flips Mercury off, proceeding on without giving him any answer.

Mercury: You're no fun today.

The two continue on down the street, entering a bookshop. The bell rung as they entered through the doors, no one at the counter. Emerald walked up to the counter and pressed the small desktop bell that was on there with Mercury heading to the shelves to look through the books.

Man: Be right there!

Soon after, a man came through the door the door, carrying stacks of books in his arms.

Man: Welcome to Tukson's Book Trade! Home to every book under the sun! How may...uh...

His eyes landed upon seeing the two. He seemed to have hesitated slightly, but he kept his previous cheerful demeanor, still keeping his smile.

Man: How may I help you?

Mercury: (shuts book) Just browsin'.

Emerald: Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of the Thief and the Butcher?

Man: Yes we do.

Emerald: That's great! 

Man: Would you...like a copy?

Emerald: No, just wondering. 

Mercury then abruptly shuts another book, the sound echoing throughout the store. The atmosphere was getting more grim.

Emerald: Oh, oh! What about Violet's Garden in paperback?

Mercury: He's got it. Hardback too.

Emerald: Ooh, options are nice. 

Mercury: Aww, no pictures. (shuts book) Hey. Do you have any comics?

Man: Near the front.

Emerald: Oh! No! Wait! What. About. The Third Crusade?

The man's smile then disappears, him knowing that these two kids were here for a reason. He had a suspicious feeling about them since they entered in.

Man: Um...I...don't believe we carry that one. 

Mercury: (shuts book abruptly) Oh.

Emerald: What was this place called again?

Man: Tukson's Book Trade.

Emerald: And you're Tukson?

Tukson: That's right. 

Emerald: So then I take it that you're the one who came up with the catchphrase?

Tukson: Yes.

Mercury: And, what was it again?

Tukson: (sigh) Tukson's Book Trade. Home to every book under the sun.

Mercury: Except the Third Crusade. 

Tukson: It's just a catchphrase.

Mercury: It's false advertising!

Emerald: You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson. I hear you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo...

The silver-haired teen then moves to the front of the store, dimming out the lights so the people from the outside couldn't see.

Emerald: Your brothers in the White Fang wouldn't be happy to hear that. And neither are we. You know who we are, don't you?

Tukson: Yes.

Emerald: And you know why we're here?

Tukson: ...Yes.

Emerald: So, are you going to fight back?

Tukson: Yes!

Jumping onto the counter, Tukson revealed his faunus features, claws being extended from his nails. He leapt towards Emerald, swiping his claws, but she ducked. Glanced upwards, he sees he was facing Mercury.

But it all ended quickly as he raised his leg up and he thrusts it forward, the sound of a shotgun going off. Emerald and Mercury soon left the store, Mercury reading a comic book as she does so.

Emerald: What's with that?

Mercury: I liked the pictures.

Emerald rolls her eyes and then closes them. She then...remembered something.

Flashback

???: H-Holy shit, Emm...you...y-you killed him!

Emerald: What did you want me to do!? It was either him or us!

???: We said we wouldn't kill anyone when we were stealing anything! We said we'd keep our hands clean!

Emerald: Look, we can argue later! We have to get out of here!

???: Oh, shit! C'mon! The cops are already here! Let's go Emm!

Flashback End

Just remembering the memory made Emerald question the path she walked. But she shook those thoughts off, pinching her nose in annoyance and continued on.

Timeskip-Beacon Academy, Cafeteria

On a table, a notebook was opened, it having drawings and words. One of them had a sketch of a rose and the other having a sketch of person with a katana on his back. Blake was looking at her notebook intently, her being shook out of her thoughts when both Yang and Y/N slide up next to her. Well, Y/N coming up from behind.

Y/N/Yang: Whatcha doin'?

Blake: Nothing. Just going over notes from last semester. 

Yang: (catches grape in mouth) Lame!

Y/N: I'll say. Studying is for nerds.

Owain: Preposterous! How do I find pi!? Y/N, my friend, can you help me?

Y/N: Owain, it's around 3.14159...wait, why the hell should I help you? Do your own homework!

Owain: The faster I can finish this, the more time I can spend on thinking of epic move names with you!

Y/N: Ah, fine! But you owe me!

Owain: Ha-ha! Very well, my dear friend! I, Owain Ostia, shall--

Y/N: Spare me your theatricals, Owain. (groans) I'm gonna get a headache.

The white-haired fox faunus heads back over to his table, which was only a few feet to the left of RWBY. Blake smiled at the fox faunus, seeing how lively everything was now. Ever since the dock incident, Y/N has been more tolerable to Weiss's bitchy attitude, the heiress toning down her bitchy attitude as well.

And ever since learning of his past, Blake has went to comfort him, to a certain extent. And their teams have noted that they spend a lot more time together as well. When Y/N asked by his teammates, he would say his and Blake's meetings at the library were "coincidental." Although, it didn't seem to be the case. Across from Team RWBY is Team JNPR, the orange-haired girl of the team using a spoon to catapult grapes towards Yang's way. 

Yang catches the most recent one Nora catapulted over to her, the blonde girl giving a thumbs up in response. As they seemed to be enjoying their leisure time together, Ruby came in, slamming a giant binder onto the table. On the top, it read, "Best Day Ever Activities!" Activities was underlined for importance.

Ruby: (clears throat) Sisters! Friends! Weiss!

Weiss: Hey!

Ruby: Four-score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream!

Yang: This oughta be good.

Ruby: A dream that one day, the four of us would come together as a team and have the most fun anyone has ever had...ever!

Weiss: Did you steal my binder?

Ruby: I am not a crook.

Owain: Y/N, didn't you help Ruby--

Y/N: I couldn't help it! She used the puppy eyes on me! Don't judge me, damn it!

Blake: What are you talking about?

Ruby: I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!

Yang: I always kick my semester off with a Yang! Eh? Guys? Am I right?

Both Owain and Y/N slam their heads on the table in comical manner, Lethe sighing in disappointment and Lilina shaking her head. Weiss leaned her head on her hand, an unimpressed look on her face while Blake just looks at Yang, unamused. Ruby was also shaking her head, disappointed in her older sister's terrible pun.

Soon, an apple came flying from Team JNPR, the person throwing it was Nora. The apple hits Yang's face, causing her to look at JNPR's table, Nora shouting out "boo."

Ruby: Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow. Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today!

Weiss: I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store.

Y/N: Uh, maybe a bit of both?

Yang was still angry at Nora for throwing that apple at her. So picking up the apple that was thrown at her, Yang chucks it at her. But it misses the orange-haired girl, it instead hitting someone across the wrong, the person letting out a "hey!"

Blake: I don't know. I think I might sit this one out.

Weiss: Sit out or not, I think however we spend this last day, we should do it as a team.

Nora: (off-screen) I got it!

Weiss: (stands up) I for one think that--

The heiress was then interrupted, a pie having flown from Team JNPR's table and face planting itself onto Weiss's face. Both Owain's and Y/N's mouths were agape, Lilina looking shocked while Lethe was just surprised. Team RWBY and MOLA look to JNPR's table, seeing their reactions.

Nora tried pinning the blame on Ren, Ren facepalming, Pyrrha covering her mouth with her hand, and Jaune with a look of disbelief, his head rested on his hand.

Outside

Outside, Sun Wukong was walking towards the cafeteria, someone walking next to him. He had blue hair, him wearing a white dress shirt under his red jacket with grey jeans that had black paddings on it's side. Another distinct feature of the boy was his goggles that rested upon his head.

???: Heh. Man, that's harsh.

Sun: So then we were fighting side by side and she was super fast, and I threw a banana at a guy, which sounds gross, but it was awesome! 

???: Nice!

Sun: Right? And the best part is, she's a faunus! But that's a secret! Okay?

???: Got it. 

Sun: And not a "I'm going to go tell Scarlet second Sun turns his back" secret. I'm talking secret secret. 

???: Whoa, chill out man, okay? I got it. I got it.

Sun: You better. I just don't wanna screw this up, you know? The people here are the coolest. No offense to you guys.

As the two were walking, they failed to notice the amount of food flying onto the window, colors splattering onto the glass. They even failed to notice Jaune flying in, his face being slammed against the window as well.

???: None taken.

Sun: Okay, they're just in here. I'm really excited for you to meet them. So, be cool, okay? You're going to be cool, right?

???: Dude.

Sun's friend crosses his arms, a smile plastered on his face. A small shine shimmered at the corner of his mouth, Sun nodding.

Sun: Good point.

The two bear exciting grins as they opened the doors to the cafeteria. Sun kept his smile as he stared at the scene in front of him while his friend didn't know what to make of it. The other students began running out of the room as the three remaining teams were JNPR, RWBY, and MOLA.

Nora began to laugh hysterically, her and the rest of her team standing atop on tables that were stacked on top of each other.

Nora: I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

On the opposite end of the room was Team RWBY, the black-haired girl with red tips stomping her foot on the table as a tray of food was flung into the air slightly. With a stern face and a milk carton in her hand, Ruby pointed her finger at the four.

Ruby: Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! (crushes milk carton) It will be...delicious!

Yang, Weiss, Blake: Yeeeaaaah!

Nora: Off with their heads!

Ren jumped off the tables, landing in front of few watermelons. Slamming his foot down on a plank the watermelons sat on, they were sent upwards, Ren kicking them with his leg as they were sent flying like soccer balls. To add on with this barrage, Jaune grabs one and throws one as well, Pyrrha one-upping him and throwing multiple. However, with Nora's superior strength on the team, she lifted a table full of them, launching even more into the air.

Ruby: Yang! Turkey!

The blonde bombshell rushed forward, sticking her two fists into two two turkeys and slamming her turkey gauntlets together. With a grin, she began to throw punches, knocking away the watermelons as the red innards of the fruit began to paint the floor red. As she began punching her way through, Blake back flipped in, grabbing two baguettes that lied on the floor. Now, both Yang and her were rushing through the onslaught of watermelons, blasting them away.

Yang then thrusts the turkeys off her hands, them being blasted off towards Pyrrha and Jaune. While Pyrrha was able to avoid them, the blonde leader of JNPR was not, the turkeys landing straight into his face and chest, causing him to be sent backwards. Picking up a baguette of her own, Pyrrha takes a step back, dodging an attack from Blake as the cat faunus came from above. Pyrrha let out a war cry, raising her baguette up in the air and bringing it down, Blake raising her two baguettes up as well. The two bread blades began to grind against each other, the two girls sending each other glares as a clash began to ensue the two. Blake was then flung into the air, throwing one of her baguettes down at the red-haired spartan, Pyrrha dodging it and dashing forward as she raised the baguette blade in a thrusting motion.

Throwing her baguette like a javelin, it nails itself into Yang's stomach, her flying off-screen as Ruby soon came into the picture. Riding on a lunch tray like it was a snowboard, she began sliding across the table, dodging enemy fire. She then kicks off the table, grabbing her tray and smacking away a baguette that was aimed towards her, Pyrrha dodging out of the way as food and metal trays behind her were flung back into the air. Continuing to ride the tray across the table, Ruby then rockets it down, Pyrrha raising her forearms in defense. Due to the momentum of Ruby and the amount of force she put in, Pyrrha was sent skidding across the ground, slamming herself into a vending machine. Ren and Nora then leapt into action, attempting to take on the leader of Team RWBY.

But the leader of Team RWBY didn't come alone, Ruby jumping back as Weiss took her place. Armed with a bottle of ketchup, Weiss sprays it onto the floor, creating a puddle of the condiment as Ren steps on it, him slipping as he slides across the room, crashing into their previously established table tower. Leaping across the tables and into the air, the orange-haired girl grabs a pole that was sticking out of the side of a wall, taking it out as she came back to the ground and stabbed it into a watermelon, making it a makeshift hammer.

She raised it above her, Ruby attempting to come to Weiss's aid, but she was blown back by Nora's hammer as the orange-haired girl had slammed it onto the ground. Weiss had rolled to the side and grabbed a swordfish, holding it like her rapier, she zooms across the room. She thrusts it forward, hitting Nora as she back flips across the room, Nora skidding on her feet before she leaped back into the air. As both Nora and Weiss were about to meet each other, Nora had to soon duck, a turkey flying past her. The two girls look to their right to see stacked tables formed into a fortress.

Behind the cover was a cannon, the members of Team MOLA having built it somehow. Lilina was on the top, a pair of binoculars in her hands as Lethe stood next to her, holding a flag that had the faces of Owain, herself, Lilina, and Y/N. The two boys of the team were below, piloting the cannon itself. Owain began to load in another turkey.

Lilina: We missed! Let's try that again!

Y/N: Yes, ma'am, Captain Deadpan! Owain! Status!

Owain: Turkey shell locked and loaded, Colonel! Awaiting command to fire, Captain!

Lilina: Permission granted, soldier!

Y/N: Fire!

Y/N pulls back on the lever, the cannon firing another shot as it zooms across the room. Nora and Weiss dodged the oncoming turkey shell, more food and tables being launched into the air as a meat-filled explosion detonated. Weiss was about to attack MOLA's fort head on before Nora came into the picture, swinging her mighty watermelon hammer and slamming it into Weiss's chest. Being sent across the room and crashing into a pillar, Ruby gasped and used her semblance to get to her, catching the heiress in her arms.

Ruby: Weiss! Weiss! Don't leave me! Nooooooo!

As she said this, the pillar Weiss crashed into fell over, smashing into many bits and pieces. Then Yang runs back into the fray, sticking her fists into two turkeys once again as she heads to meet Nora onto the food battlefield, all while dodging turkey shells from the bombardment of Team MOLA. However, Ren grabbed two leeks, meeting Yang headfirst before Nora, the black-haired boy raising his leeks for defense as Yang had thrust her leg forward. Now, Ren and Yang were locked into a clash themselves, the two exchanging punches and kicks, and strikes with their food weapons. Ultimately, Yang won the confrontation, overwhelming Ren as he uppercuts him into the air. But he wasn't done yet. Recovering from Yang's blow, Ren threw his leeks down at her, but this was easily dodged by the blonde girl as she had jumped up, getting above Ren as she punches him, the black-haired boy rocketing down as he was smashed into the floor.

As soon as Yang landed, Nora had come in with her watermelon hammer, the two now having their headfirst confrontation. The two then charge at each other, Yang reeling her turkey gauntlet fist back and Nora readying her hammer. Swinging it upwards, Nora nails Yang and sends her flying, the blonde girl crashing into the ceiling and was blasted off into the sky. Nora cheered to herself before she let out a "oof," a turkey shell nailing straight in her face. Lethe had gone temporarily under into their bunker, jumping back up onto the surface and pulling out a tommy gun. Pressing down on the trigger, she cackled like a maniac as she fired a spray of beans.

Lethe: Say hello to my little friend!

Blake grabs a sausage link, flailing them around like it was a whip. She thwips and thrashes it around her, blocking the bean bullets and smacking Nora in her chest as the orange-haired girl was sent back and also crashed into a vending machine. But she soon quickly recovered, grabbing a few soda cans and throwing them like they were grenades. Nora then faced Team MOLA's group, tossing a few soda cans into their bunker. Y/N's and Owain's eyes widen.

Y/N/Owain: Hit the deck!

Lilina and Lethe jump off, their table bunker exploding. While the two got out unscathed, Y/N and Owain weren't. The two now lay in their destroyed bunker, covered in soda.

Y/N: O-Owain...? (fakes cough)

Owain: Wh-What is it, my fellow brethren...?

Y/N: We...we did good...didn't we...?

Owain: We... (fakes cough) We sure did, pal. We sure did...

The two then let out a sound, pretending they died. Lilina and Lethe salute to their fallen comrades before they grabbed more food items and let out a battle cry, going to meet Team JNPR head on. All while this happened, Pyrrha had slammed her hand onto the ground, magnetizing the cans and having them fly in the air as a swarm. She then launched them towards Blake, the cat faunus being bombarded with soda cans as she was sent crashing into the wall.

Ruby had seen the carnage happen, her comrades had now fallen. Standing back up with resolute, she took a running start position. Dashing forward with insane speed, dust and debris had been quickly picked up, tables, food, and soda cans quickly following after as wind was picking up. Lethe and Lilina had to halt their assault, looking to the mass of torpedo rose petals heading their way. As Ruby flew past them, Team JNPR and the last two members of MOLA were picked up by the vortex Ruby had created, the six of them being slammed up against the wall as food was being splattered all over them, turning them into a colorful mess. Once the chaos had subsided, the six fell onto the floor covered in food.

Over by the entrance of the cafeteria, Sun smiled as he looked towards his friend.

Sun: I love these guys.

His friend, however, was displeased, the upper part of his outfit and his face covered in food. The doors behind them then burst open, revealing an angry Glynda Goodwitch. Using her semblance to stop food coming her way, she began to levitate all the tables back into their places, putting the last one into it's place before she pushes up her glasses.

Glynda: Children, please. Do not play with your food.

The teams then sat down on the tables, seemingly pondering over the mess they made. However, when Nora let out a burp and Yang crashing through the ceiling and destroying a table, the tense atmosphere was gone and they all laughed.

Glynda was about to berate them some more before Ozpin came in and put a hand on her shoulder.

Ozpin: Let it go.

Glynda: (sigh) They're supposed to be the defenders of the world.

Ozpin: And they will be. But right now, they are still children. So why not let them play the part.

Glynda looks to Ozpin momentarily before she looked to Y/N, her godson having laughs with Blake as the two had their arms looped over each others shoulders. Seeing this scene in front of her made her smile.

Ozpin: After all...

...It isn't a role they'll have forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
3.8K 119 52
Blake and Weiss have had their differences in the past. They've pushed through it all though. It was on a crisp fall day when everything changed for...
29.2K 631 16
{RWBY x Abused/Neglected/Betrayed Male Reader x Assassin's Creed: Valhalla} [BETA Series] Before the Raven Clan of Fornburg in Norway, enter the isla...
39.3K 877 34
It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he heard that an old associate of his, Adam...