Stars

Galing kay TheQuietHufflepuff

Flora is on the run, trying to escape her past while struggling to remember who she is. Midway through, she... Higit pa

Aesthetic and Playlist
Part I
1: 01
1: 02
1: 03
1: 04
1: 05
1: 06
1: 07
1: 08
1: 09
1: 10
1: 11
On the Run
Part II
2: 01
2: 02
2: 03
2: 04
2: 05
2: 06
2: 07
2: 08
2: 10
2: 11
Book Three

2: 09

129 1 0
Galing kay TheQuietHufflepuff

Peter swung past and Steve snapped the web with his shield.

"That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all," Peter said.

"Look kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand," Steve told him.

"Mr. Stark said you'd say that, that you would say that." He fired webs which stuck to Steve's shield and ankle. He pulled and Steve slid towards him. Peter kicked him backwards, then rolled clear. "He also said to go for your legs." As Steve ran to get his shield, Peter webbed his hands and pulled. Steve grit his teeth, spun and somersaulted, propelling Peter through the air.

Sam evaded fire from Iron Man and asked, "Clint, can you get him off me?"

"Buckled in?" Clint questioned.

"Yeah," Scott replied. "No, I'm good. I'm good, Arrow Guy. Let's go. Let's go!" Miniaturized, Scott was on the tip of Clint's arrow. As he fired it, the head split and Iron Man shot the shards. Scott dove between Iron Man's splayed fingers and slipped inside the Iron Man Suit at the shoulder joint.

Steve caught a web and tugged Peter towards him, knocking him down with the shield. Peter recovered and pulled himself up on top of a gangway.

"Stark tell you anything else?" Steve asked.

"That you're wrong," Peter answered. "You think you're right. That makes you dangerous." He swung down and Steve leapt to kick him backwards onto the gangway's leg.

"Guess he had a point." He threw his shield at the leg and the gangway fell. Peter held it up. "You got heart, kid. Where're you from?"

"Queens."

"Brooklyn." Steve left Peter holding the gangway.

As Clint fired arrows at hovering Iron Man whose arm-lasers malfunctioned, Tony called, "F.R.I.D.A.Y.?"

F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed, "We have some weapon systems offline."

"What?"

"Oh, you're gonna have to take this into the shop," Scott said.

"Who's speaking?"

"It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.?"

F.R.I.D.A.Y. replied, "Deploying fire suppression system."

"Uh-oh," Scott stated. "Oh boy. Whoa!" Inside the suit, Scott sprinted through narrow banks of components, chased by a rolling cloud of CO2. He was ejected from the suit.

Flora said to Steve and Bucky, "We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now."

"We gotta draw out the flyers," Steve told him. "I'll take Vision. You and Flor get to the jet."

"No, you get to the jet!" Sam yelled. "Each of you!" He was being chased by War Machine. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it," Clint said.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve, Bucky."

"All right, Sam, what's the play?" Steve asked.

"We need a diversion, something big."

"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long," Scott told them. "On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half... don't come back for me."

"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky and Flora asked.

"You're sure about this, Scott?" Steve questioned.

"I do it all the time," Scott replied. "I mean once... in a lab. Then I passed out. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss!" He leapt from mobile stairs and landed on War Machine's back as he flew past. He operated his suit's wrist, shut his eyes and activated a remote. Scott grew into a towering Behemoth and grabbed War Machine's leg.

"Holy shit!" Peter cried.

"Okay, tiny dude is big now," Rhodey said. "He's big now."

"I guess that's the signal," Steve commented.

"Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam cried.

"Give me back my Rhodey," Tony ordered as Sam flew feet first into Iron Man.

"I got him!" Peter exclaimed. Scott sent War Machine flying and Peter caught him with a web.

Scott kicked a bus towards T'Challa. Vision descended and braced himself, splitting the bus in two and protected T'Challa from harm. T'Challa spotted Steve, Flora and Bucky sprinting past. Chasing Sam, Iron Man evaded Scott swinging the wing of a plane at him.

"Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestion," Tony said as Sam arrowed towards Iron Man, firing Red Wing which cracked into Tony's helmet. Scott blocked T'Challa's path. Scott kicked a bus towards T'Challa and it was deflected by Vision.

"You wanna get to them... you gotta go through me," Scott told T'Challa as he swept his gigantic foot through the crates T'Challa was standing on, smashing them to pieces. Scott was engulfed in explosions as War Machine swooped towards him with Peter clinging to a web stuck to War Machine's back. He fired more webs and wrapped them around Scott's over-sized arms.

Clint fired arrows at T'Challa who caught two right in front of his face. After the arrowheads exploded, he dropped them and rose, extending his claws.

"We haven't met yet," Clint said as he flattened his bow and spun it around. "I'm Clint."

"I don't care," T'Challa retorted. Wielding the bow like a staff, Clint attacked T'Challa who acrobatically ducked, then countered with a high kick.

Giant Ant-Man punched War Machine in the air and swung a gangway towards him as he recovered. War Machine opened fire and the gangway disintegrated. Scott tried to stamp on War Machine who dove clear evading a lunge of Scott's hand. War Machine was struck by something.

"Ahhh!" Rhodey cried as Wanda waved her hands, flinging vehicles into his path.

"Get off," Scott said. Distracted by Peter, Ant-Man didn't spot Vision curling into a ball and ramming into him. Vision noticed Steve, Flora and Bucky approaching the hangar as Ant-Man wavered. He floated through Ant-Man's chest. "Something just flew in me!"

Vision fired a shining beam of energy from his mind stone and the control tower collapsed towards the entrance of the hangar. Wanda struggled to slow its collapse. War Machine descended behind her and fired a sonic disruptor. Wanda held her head and screamed.

---

The tower fell all around Steve, Flora and Bucky, but they made it into the hangar where Natasha was waiting for them.

"You're not gonna stop," Natasha said.

"You know I can't," Steve and Bucky replied.

"I'm gonna regret this." She stunned T'Challa who had arrived behind them. "Go. Flora, your cat is safe."  Steve, Bucky and Flora, the former two of the three who gave Natasha a nod, ran for the Quinjet as she kept T'Challa at bay.

---

"Hey, guys, you ever see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?" Peter asked.

"Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?" Rhodey wondered.

"I don't know, I didn't carbon-date him," Tony said. "He's on the young side."

As Peter swung towards Ant-Man, he stated, "You know that part... where they're on the snow planet... with the walking thingies?" He wrapped webs around Scott's legs.

"Maybe the kid's on to something."

"High now, Tony," Rhodey instructed. "Go high."

Peter swung around and around Ant-Man's legs as Iron Man and War Machine powered towards his head, both landing blows together. "Yes! Ha ha! That was awesome!" Giant Ant-Man toppled. A flailing limb caught Peter and knocked him flying just before Scott slammed into the ground on his back. He returned to normal size and removed the face-plate of his helmet, grimacing.

"Does anyone have any orange slices?" Scott asked.

Tony landed by Peter who was in a heap. Retracting the helmet, Tony looked concerned and questioned, "Kid, you all right?"

"Hey!" Peter cried. "Get off me!"

"Same side. Guess who. Hi. It's me."

"Oh. Hey, man."

"Yeah."

"That was scary."

"Yeah. You're done. All right?"

"What?"

"You did a good job. Stay down."

"No, I'm good. I'm fine."

"Stay down."

"No, it's good I gotta get him back!"

"You're going home or I'll call Aunt May! You're done!"

"Wait. Mr. Stark, wait! I'm not done, I'm not... " He slumped down. "Okay, I'm done." He laid on the ground. "I'm done."

---

In the partially wrecked hangar, the Quinjet's engines fired and the guns blasted debris from the entrance. Natasha kept T'Challa held until the jet rose. Black Panther leapt, but couldn't keep hold and the Quinjet flew out of the hangar. War Machine flew after it.

Natasha said, "I said I'd help you find her, not catch her. There's a difference."

---

Vision knelt beside Wanda and gently held her in his arms. She panted for breath and he apologized, "I'm sorry."

"Me, too," Wanda said.

"It's as I said. Catastrophe."

---

Piloting the Quinjet, Steve looked over his shoulder and spotted War Machine encroaching to the right. Steve pushed forward on the thrusters. Iron Man flew beside War Machine and Falcon followed them.

"Vision, I got a bandit on my six," Rhodey said as Falcon fired small explosives which erupted and buffeted War Machine. "Vision! You copy? Target his thrusters, turn him into a glider." Vision took aim and fired his head laser. Falcon spotted it coming and tucked into a tumble. The laser overshot and sliced through the core on War Machine's chest plate. War Machine lost power and went into a spinning free fall.

"Rhodey!" Tony cried as he and Falcon dove.

"Tony, I'm flying dead stick." As he plunged, the suit emitted black smoke. Iron Man swooped down towards him. Rhodey's eyes started to close.

"Rhodes!" War Machine smacked into a wide, grassy field just before Iron Man landed nearby. His helmet retracted and he pulled off War Machine's face plate. Rhodey's eyes were closed and there was blood on his face. "Read vitals."

F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed, "Heartbeat detected. Emergency medical is on its way."

Sam swooped down and landed on his feet. His wings retracted and he said, "I'm sorry."

Tony zapped Falcon back with a blast of energy from the palm of his suit. Vision glided to the ground just in front of Falcon. Stone-faced, Tony remained with his arms around War Machine.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

243K 10K 52
It's been almost a month and a half since the destruction of Ultron and the city of Sokovia. No one has heard or seen Iris since. Little do they know...
1.7K 24 27
An AI meant to better the world decides destruction is a much better plan and rebels against his creator. A list of Accords is drafted and given to...
2.3K 20 30
S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what it seems. It was long ago corrupted, though no one knew. Two assassins emerge, and one knows them both. Can he save them or...
38.3K 2.6K 104
BOOK 3 of the ORPHIC Series CHURLISH /ˈCHərliSH/ marked by a lack of civility. ~~~~~ Lucill...