wanna bet? | dream x Reader

By calibeacham

Y/n is just your average Twitch streamer with 500,000 followers. Nothing huge, but it's undeniably something... More

August 25th 2021 | y/n
August 29th 2021 | y/n
August 30th 2021 | y/n
August 13th 2021 | Clay
August 31st 2021 | y/n
September 1st 2021 | Clay
September 7th 2021 | y/n
September 9th 2021 | y/n
September 10th 2021 | y/n
September 13th 2021 | y/n
September 14th 2021 | y/n
September 15th 2021 | y/n
September 16th 2021 | Clay
September 19th 2021 | y/n
A/N
September 24th 2021 | y/n
September 29th 2021 | y/n
November 8th 2021 | y/n
November 9th 2021 | y/n
November 10th 2021 | y/n
November 12th 2021 | Clay
November 13th 2021 | y/n
November 14th 2021 | y/n
November 16th 2021 | y/n
the end?
Update!

August 27th 2021 | y/n

3.5K 62 124
By calibeacham

12:39 P.M

I got in a little practice at ten this morning. Then I decided I should head out. I'm glad I did, I haven't gone out in a while.

I listen to my music and type on my laptop while I sip on my coffee. This coffee shop is a nice remnant of every time I went here with my friends as a teen. It was always just the four of us. Strange how none of us talk anymore.

Atlas, Isabelle, Evan, and y/n. I guess we drifted apart for good reasons. A big piece of me misses them. I know I've moved on though.

I've been avoiding my move from Iowa because of my mom. I want to be able to go to the beach. I want to live somewhere that people don't forget so often. It's about time I finally leave this place. I've even got an apartment in southern Georgia waiting for me.

I'm just too scared to leave her. What if she needs help or something happens? She's got nobody else.

I stand up and grab my laptop. I slip my bag onto my shoulder. I lay a ten and a five down then head to the door. My steps make a soft clicking as I make my way to the parking lot.

I start my car and make my way to my mom's house. It's much smaller than my place. I even offered for her to stay with me, but she said she didn't need me. It came out sort of pissed off, which was strange for her.

I pull into the driveway and make sure not to back into her car. I told her yesterday that we needed to talk. I couldn't do this over the phone.

I knock on the door and she opens it almost immediately. Like she was waiting right next to the door. She hugs me comfortably.

She steps back, a small and unsure smile playing on her lips. I follow her into the room. I bite my lip, nervous. "So, what's up?" She straightens a few papers she has out. I chew on my fingernails.

"Come on, didn't I tell you not to do that anymore?" She laughs lightly. Her eyes glisten in the dim light of her living room. I try to keep a smile plastered on my face. The silence is interrupted by me clearing my throat.

There is a face of realization on her face. But it's a happy realization. "Wow! I thought my friend at work was being crazy. She said she wanted to do some psychic reading for me. I had told her to do it for you! She said you met someone! You know I don't believe in that stuff, but you-"

"No, mom, no. It's not good news." I take her hand. Her smile begins to fade. Her head tilts in confusion.

Her thumb caresses my hand just like she always used to when I was a child. "Well, it is good news.. But I have a hard time telling you this... I'm moving, well I'm finalizing my move to Georgia." I say to her.

Her soft and heartwarming eyes squeeze near the outer edges. A small smile appears again. "Honey, I'll be okay without you. I know we were always together and we always only had each other, but I can survive by myself." She says to me.

There is a hint of something else in her voice. Like she doesn't mean herself. Like I'm not scared for her. Like I'm scared that I'll be alone. I am not scared of being alone. Alone is perfectly fine.

She- She doesn't know what she's talking about. I am wholly fine with being alone. I'm an introvert, alone is great. Alone is like a dream. I will be just superb without my mom, I'm fine. Just fine.

I hug her tightly. "I'm glad that you- uh- took this so well." Dismay clear in my voice. She nods and hooks her head over my shoulder. "Do you want some tea or anything? I can-"

"Oh no, I've got to run. I have a stream planned today." I back away from her and walk towards the door. I see her smile widen just before I turn the doorknob. "With Dream again?"

My hand freezes still by the door. Oh great, my slightly overbearing and slightly gossipy mother knows about-

Well, it doesn't matter if she knows about Dream. He's just a guy. A friend of mine. I guess I haven't streamed with anyone else before. She watches my streams sometimes, and only my streams.

She saw my username on a recommended stream. It was pure luck. Bad luck.

I choke on air. "I'm sorry, mom, what?!" I tap the door with my pointer finger. She smirks and scratches her head. "He's famous." She says to me. I roll my eyes and turn to the door.

"My god, mom, we're hardly even friends. We've spoken once!" I open the door and look at her once more. She shrugs her shoulders. "I'm just saying that you y/n, could have a little romance in your life. You've never even had a real relationship! Sex doesn't substitute-" I yell to shut her up.

"UNH UNH AHH, MOM, STOP." I close the door behind me. I run from the porch to avoid my mother. The door opens and closes behind me. I scramble for my keys in my bag.

"Y/n, think about it!" She laughs. I finally find my keys and unlock the door. I get into my car and quickly back out of the driveway.

She's crazy. Just because I speak to some guy once doesn't mean I should date the guy. It's stupid, it makes zero sense. That's insane, I think Dream is cool. Talented at most, he's average, completely normal.

There is no part of me that wants to be dating right now. My sex life, is, first of all, none of her business, and second of all, just fine. I'm not trying to substitute anything for anyone.

ANYTHING FOR ANYTHING. Right. Anything for anything. There is nobody.

Definitely not Dream. I don't even know what he looks like. He's probably horribly ugly. That's the only reason anyone would ever hide their face, right? Dream is just the Minecraft guy. He can't be anything else.

I step up to my house and order Chick-Fil-A on Doordash. I then see a discord call from Dream pop up on my phone.

"Hi." I put it onto speaker. He coughs for a moment then he speaks. "Do you want to practice? Or play something- I don't care, just bored." He asks me. I smile to myself.

I walk towards my room. "Sure, but I don't want to practice, I don't want to be proved wrong," I say to him. He laughs aloud, almost like a wheeze. "We are not losing MCC because of lack of practice." The green ring around his discord profile picture blinks in and out with his laughter.

I open my door and close it behind me. "You just got home? Late night?" What is it with people and making fun of my sex life? I open my mouth to object. "Okay, first of all..." I throw my phone on my bed.

I grab a pair of shorts. "You have no right to ask me that question, I've known you a day." I pause for his reaction. I change out of my jeans and into the shorts. "Second of all, you are a creep and a child."

"A creep and a child?!" He scoffs and laughs. I grab an oversized t-shirt. "Yes. And third, I was at my mother's house." I tell him and throw this shirt over my shoulders. It reaches my mid-thighs, farther than the shorts.

He hums, but it sounds of skepticism. "Yes, that same mother that definitely texted you the other day."

In the middle of bending down, I freeze. That's twice today. The first time I did lie, this second time I'm actually telling the truth. "I- Yes!" I say nervously.

"Yeah sure, y/n, I believe you." I gasp and try to come up with another lie. "No- I genuinely was this t- I- Dream-"

I fucked up again. "Oh, this time?" He laughs uncontrollably at my nervousness. I continue to stammer over myself as I make my way to my computer. His laughing at me does not make this any better.

I stand in my doorway. "I- Okay, I was not at anyone's house or in anyone's bed- Nobody but my own. You freak." Again, he pretends to believe me. I take my first step from my room. The wood is slippery.

All of a sudden I'm on the floor and my hip is bruised. I wince and groan.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He tries to stop laughing. I slowly flip over onto my stomach. "I fell on my ass. Well, it was more my side, I guess- ah- my hip." I groan, but it's actually more of a pained sigh.

I hear the wheels of his chair move. "Wait? Are you okay?" He repeats, but it sounds more genuine. I sit up and lean on one side. "Y/n?" He calls again.

I lift my shirt to look at the area I hit myself. That's a giant bruise... "Y/n?" His voice sterns. I whine and lay my head against the wall. "Dream," I sigh and hold just above my leg on myself.

"I don't know what to do." I squeeze my eyes shut. I hear soft breathing from his side of the call. God, this hurts so bad. I grit my teeth and lean against the wall. Just keep the hip elevated. I hear him sigh.

He clears his throat. "Can you walk?" He asks me. I try to lay the foot down and place my weight on it. I lean forward and do my best. The leg shakes. "No, not really." I groan and release pressure.

"Hey- Okay- I'm not being weird. Show me the bruise. I'm just- Okay, I know how that sounds.."

I try to make a fight against his idea, but I'm in too much pain to try. "Dream, I don't want to." I barely get out. He sighs and stands from his chair. "Okay, okay, whatever you want. I'm not trying to force you into anything." He says to me.

I groan and grab my phone. I place all of my pressure onto my left foot. I begin to stand holding my phone. I barely let my right foot touch the ground. I hold onto the wall until I make it to the kitchen.

"Y/n, just be careful. Don't hurt yourself worse than you already have." He tells me. I make a pained laugh and reach for my freezer. I lay my phone on the counter.

I make my slow walk to my Ziploc bags. I grab one then go back to my freezer. I bend down and stuff ice into the bag. I grab my phone again and walk back over to the couch.

The phone sits in front of me as I lay the ice on my hip. I sigh and hold it there. "You okay?" He asks me. "Mhm." I hum to him. I lay in silence.

There is a strange comfort I find in this silence. The quiet the two of us have has eased the pain in my hip slightly. If that makes any sense at all.

My doorbell rings. I gasp and slowly sit up. I take my phone and stand, still putting most of my weight on my left leg. "Is som-" I shush him.

I open the door to a man. 6', dirty blonde hair, deep brown eyes, attractive. My lips part. His eyes look down my body as slowly and as carefully as he can.

"Uh- y/n, your order.." He says to me. I hold my phone in my hand. My tongue clicks the roof of my mouth. Tall, dirty blonde, pretty much my type, okay. I reach out for the bag.

He smiles and pulls a pen from his back pocket. I set my bag next to me. I glance at my phone, Dream's muted.

"Do you want to... I don't know.. Go to a bar with me some time?" He takes my hand. I bite my lip nervously. He smirks and begins writing his number down. "I'm actually only twenty." He stops in his place.

He lifts the pen, revealing a five and a two next to each other in my hand. His eyebrows raise. "You sure about th-" He peers behind me.

"Uh!" I step back and pull the t-shirt down on myself. That did nothing.

"You won't go out with me, because I can't drink?" I laugh lightly. He clenches his jaw. I gasp incomplete true disbelief. "You won't go out with me because I can't drink." I squint my eyes.

"That's a dealbreaker?!" I accidentally press too much weight on my right foot.

"Ow!" I feel my hip. He looks down at me, the face of worry. "Oh no, I'm just fine. I've got nice, young twenty-year-old hips. I just fell on my ass. Here is your tip, bye." I hand him a couple of ones and shut the door.

The man on the phone unmutes to a bout of wheezing. "Don't laugh at me," I say and lean against the door. "No, no! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at him!" He lies.

"Oh yeah. Sure." I snort. He sounds out of breath. "You sound like a dying teapot. Are you dying?" I hear from his side of the call.

Sapnap.

"You won't believe this.." He wheezes still. My eyes widen. "Wait! No- Don't! Sapnap, don't listen!" I say to him. Then I see the deafen symbol pop up.

Shit.

Then it disappears. "You got rejected?!" He laughs. I groan and drop my head forward. "By a Doordash driver at that!" Dream adds on. I roll my eyes.

"I hate you so fucking much." I throw my phone at my couch. Surprisingly, it landed on the couch.

12:12 A.M

I roll my chair back. He yawns in my headphones. "What time is it where you are?" I ask him. He groans and clicks his mouse a few times.

"One A.M.," He tells me. I sigh and hang up on the computer. Then I call him on my phone. "You should go to sleep," I say to him. I hear him stand up. A door opens and closes.

He flops onto his bed. I get up from my chair then leave the room. "What time is it for you?" He asks me. I look at my phone. "12:13." I jump onto my bed. He lays his phone down.

"Really? Where do you live?" He asks me. I make a snarky laugh. He sighs, knowing I won't be answering that one. "What do your fans even know about you?" He asks me. I scratch my head.

Well, there isn't much they don't know, right? "They know my name. They know I..." Oh...

"Yeah, that's kind of what I thought." I can hear him smile. "It's not like they have to know everything about me. They watch me play Minecraft, they don't have to know my dog's name." I tell him.

"You've got a dog?" He asks. "No, but it was an example," I say. I can hear him typing something on his phone. Then he starts counting under his breath. "Okay, I counted eighteen states in the central time zone." He says to me.

I gasp lightly. "You're kidding, right?" I scoff. He sits silently. "Well, you're not Southern. Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee are not it." He says, ignoring me. "You're a creep!" I laugh.

He's got no way of actually figuring it out. It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to make jokes about it though. "Can I get like a hint, like a letter it has in it?" He asks me. I think a moment.

"There's an O," I tell him. I settle further into my pillow. "They like all have Os!" He complains. I laugh at him. Another silence is created. "Not Nebraska or Kansas." He barely whispers.

My eyelids become heavy. I groan and bring my legs closer to my chest. I try to keep my eyes open.

9:36 A.M

I roll over. My phone glows, a discord call. One person on it. There's practically no sound coming from it though. Meaning someone is either very asleep or very quiet.

I wipe my bottom lip of any drool I may have made while I fell asleep. I reach over for the phone and unplug it from the charger. "Dream?" I ask myself. I yawn and lay my phone back down.

Did I make a friend in a streamer?

Is Dream my friend?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 257 15
When Y/N joins the Dream SMP, she and George seem to get along very well but what happens when Dream starts to catch feelings for his best friend's c...
193K 4K 16
COMPLETED Y/N is a 19 year old streamer, she was inspired to do it when her brother Clay/Dream started getting more hype. But that wasn't her only se...
37.4K 1.1K 30
You apply for dreams love or host and win. But a close friend get jealous and tries to mess up your relationship. This is a regular dream x reader s...