Only Time Will Tell (A Lubert...

By Wubz_Man

After being in Genova for what felt like so long, Giulia and Luca were finally coming back to Portorosso for... More

Chapter 1- Butterflies in My Stomach
Chapter 2- Portorosso
Chapter 3- The Mysterious Letter
Chapter 4- Alberto Gets Ready
Chapter 5- The Wooden Carving
Chapter 6- Alberto and Giulia Reunite
Chapter 7- Alberto and Luca Reunite
Chapter 8- The Gifts
Chapter 9- Awkward Situation
Chapter 10- Cake and Confessions
A.N- Important Note
Chapter 12- Alberto's Secret Revealed
Chapter 13- Sleepover
Chapter 14- The First Move
Chapter 15- Alberto's Plan
Chapter 16- An Old Enemy
Chapter 17- Ercole's Mistake
A.N- 1K READS!!
Chapter 18- The Fight
Chapter 19- Surprise Invitation
Chapter 20- Luca's Flower
Chapter 21- A Talk With Massimo
Chapter 22- Arriving at the Island
Chapter 23- Their Confessed Feelings
Chapter 24- An Unexpected Return
Chapter 25- Daddy Issues
A.N- Schedule Update
Chapter 26- A Change of Heart
Chapter 27- The Truth
Chapter 28- Offer Accepted
Chapter 29- The Missing Vespa Case
Chapter 30- If Anything Happens, I Love You
A.N- I am back! + Chapter 31 Release Date
Chapter 31- The Mastermind Revealed
Chapter 32- Trouble on the Cliffside
Chapter 33- A Final Standoff
Chapter 34- A New Normal
Chapter 35- A Bond Between Two Enemies
Chapter 36- Portorosso Preparation
Chapter 37- The End
Epilogue
Authors Acknowlegement
A.N- Sequel! I Need Your Help!
A.N- Authors Update/Sequel Info
A.N- Sequel Release Date

Chapter 11- Luca's Realization

1.4K 52 55
By Wubz_Man

While Alberto was with Giulia, Luca had already started heading towards his family's house. Despite being happy on the surface, the Paguro's still lived in their home in the sea. Daniela and Lorenzo were thinking about buying a home on the surface, though. Not only did they get extra money from winning the crab show that year, but they had also been saving some money over the year, making that idea a possibility.

Luca jumped into the sea, splashing into the water as he turned into his sea monster form. In Genova, he had never really intentionally turned into a sea monster, because he was always on land. Of course, there was the occasional show that he put on for his classmates, who had found his transformation fascinating. Giulia's mom had also loved to paint him, which Luca actually quite enjoyed. Besides that, though, Luca wasn't in his sea monster form too much, so it felt nice to finally jump into the ocean after so long.

Luca swam towards his house and swam inside the front door. His parents noticed him entering and both gave Luca a hug.

"We were waiting for you to drop by, Luca!" Lorenzo said. "How about you stay for dinner?"

Luca felt bad that he was really interested in staying at Alberto's house. "Oh, ummm.. actually I was just wondering. Maybe could I stay at Alberto's house tonight? They asked if I wanted to.."

"I don't know Luca, you just got here.." Daniela said.

Luca's grandma emerged from her room after hearing the conversation. "Oh come on, Daniela. Let the boy stay, he hasn't been able to hang out with his friends in forever."

Daniella nodded and sighed, "Yeah, you're right mom," she turned around to face Luca. "You can stay over there, Luca. Just promise to visit us soon."

Daniela gave Luca a warm smile and hugged him.

"Who knows," Lorenzo said. "That might not be an issue soon."

Luca's family all smiled, while Luca was really confused. He asked, "What are you talking about?"

Lorenzo cleared his throat, "Well, there's a house for sale up on the surface. We were thinking of buying it. It took a lot convincing to even interest Daniela haha."

Daniela laughed, "I guess, it wouldn't be a bad idea. We don't need to live down here anymore."

Luca couldn't believe the news. He had always dreamed about living on the surface, especially if it was in Portorosso. In fact, he had gotten so used to living with Giulia in Portorosso, he wanted to keep it that way. Luca was happy that his family was finally considering that idea.

"Really?" Luca asked. "I mean- yeah! We should do that!"

Lorenzo nodded, "Well, son, it's not official yet. We'll see!"

Luca gave a disappointing nod, "Anyways, I can stay for a little longer if you guys want to..."

"Don't worry about it bubble," Luca's grandma said. "You go hang out with your friends. Enjoy it."

Luca smiled and walked over to give his family a hug. When he hugged his grandma, she pulled him back a little bit, as if she didn't want Daniela and Lorenzo to hear what they were saying.

"Luca, I know your dad says it's not official," she whispered. "But, between you and me, I think they're already on board with the idea. The house is nice, the area is close to your friends' house. I'm just saying.."

Luca had a glimmer of hope in his eyes. He hoped his grandma was right.

"Thanks, grandma," Luca said while he gave her another hug. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, bubble."

Luca scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Do you know anything... about... love?"

Luca was expecting his grandma to be confused, but instead she just chuckled.

"Haha, yeah Luca. I guess you're at that age now, aren't you."

Luca laughed but didn't say anything. He looked at his grandma nervously as she continued to speak.

"Well, Luca, you'll find someone eventually. Someone that makes you feel fuzzy inside, someone who you always want to be around. It'll happen; it happens to all of us. You just gotta find the right person."

Luca listened carefully and nodded his head. "Thanks grandma."

She grinned back, "Why do you ask, by the way?"

"Oh, well.." Luca stammered. "Giulia told me about it, yeah. I was just curious."

"Oh, well alright bubble. It's always good to be curious."

The two hugged again before Luca waved goodbye and headed towards the front door. "Bye mom, bye dad!" Luca said as he walked away.

"Bye Luca!" they both yelled.

Luca closed the front door and smiled when he was out of sight. Yeah, like Grandma said. I'll find the right person, he thought. Luca had the sudden realization in his mind that made his eyes widen.

"Someone that makes you feel fuzzy inside. Someone that you always want to be around."

Luca remembered what his grandma had said. What she had said...

That's exactly how Alberto made him feel..

Luca was taken back by the thought. It was 100% true. He recalled getting that exact fuzzy feeling when Alberto was around. He just didn't really know what it was. He loved to be around Alberto, and wanted to spend the entire day with him if he could. Luca told himself it wasn't true, but at the same time, he kept thinking back to his grandma's words. As much as Luca wanted to deny it, he couldn't keep himself from thinking about it. It is true, he thought.

Do I love Alberto?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 64 61
This story is inspired by Pixar's New Movie, Luca. About the movie Luca: Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar's o...
1.5K 63 10
After Alberto fell in love and confessed, Luca vanished for six years. Years passed, and the Underdogs find themselves back in Portorosso, but the si...
21K 663 12
(Heavy Angst) What if Luca's parents actually sent him to the bottom of the ocean with his Uncle to prevent him from going to the surface? They're do...
38 0 24
How far are you willing to seek the opportunity for new adventure, not knowing that it will put the only friends you have, and possibly your very lif...