Mind And Fate || A Newsies Lo...

By EthanActs

Spralbert fanfiction Soulmates au Modern day au Introduction in the first chapter Warnings will be put in the... More

Introduction
The Beating
Only Because I Can't Resist Your Cuteness
Oh, Let's Not Forget The Broken Nose Specs
You're Our Baby Now
Oh My F-ing God I Forgot That You Were Here
What The Hell Did You Do With Race?
Just So We're Clear, I Did Not Sign Up To Sit Between You Two
Francis Sullivan
Saving The Kidnapped
You Promised!
This Is My Real Family
He Ran, Ran From His Life
Holy Shit You're Beautiful
Ace And Jordan Being Coupily
Couple Time, Music And Fluff
Midtown Craziness
Weird Newsies, Trans Lucky And Newsie Ceremony
First Day Of School And New Friends Already
Life's Biggest Surprise For Race
The Wedding
Sequel!

Star Facts, Music Facts And A Lot Of Floof

68 4 0
By EthanActs

Chapter 18: Star Facts, Music Facts And A  Lot Of Floof
Warnings: Floof

"So, how does it feel to be a Newsie?" Spot asked Flips as they were sitting in the grass with their soulmates. It was 11:30 pm so it was getting dark and stars were starting to show.

Flips laid down and looked up at the stars. "Actually really good. I didn't have a lot of friends before. Mostly because I'm a huge nerd and I don't like the same music as everyone else that went in my class. But I didn't think too much of it either because I had my music, gymnastics, performing arts and family. I was a loner but when I came here to Manhattan and you guys found me, it was like I was included and safe. You made me a home"

All of the Newsies were outside. It was a regular thing they did when they got the chance and every Sunday night before a day of school. Today was Sunday so that's why they were there tonight. "Do you know how many stars there are out in the universe?" Race asked everyone and everyone either answered no, shook their heads or didn't do anything. "One billion trillion. It's so many that they don't even have a complete name for the number"

A number of 'whoa's and "that's crazy"s came from the Newsies.

"You just go around knowing all of this stuff about stars all the time?" Flips asked Race.

"Yeah, he does. It's like you and music" Ace answered for Race. Flips smiled slightly.

"Flips?" Mush said and Flips hummed in response. "Can you tell us some facts about music?"

"Do you really wanna hear it? I don't wanna bore the crap out of you" he answered.

"Wow, I haven't heard you curse before now" Spot said and Flips slightly chuckled along with some other Newsies.

"I'm really curious about your music facts" Race said and others agreed.

"Sure. Good Charlotte made their breakthrough in 2002 and was one of the most popular bands with their songs 'The Anthem' and 'Lifestyles of the rich and famous' . They were formed in the late 90's and is still pretty popular in the punk rock community" Flips explained.

"You're forgetting one thing tho" Ace said. "They took a break from 2010 to 2016 and when they came back they didn't have so many fans but after some old fans found out they came back, they got more popular again"

"That's right. They actually have a pretty interesting story" Flips said and laid his head on Ace's chest. 

"But you know who else is cool and have good music?" Ace asked and Flips shook his head. "Mcr" he answered. 

"Don't remind of the pain" Flips said as he groaned. 

"What is mcr?" Finch asked. Flips quickly sat up and looked at him.

"Just one of the most emo bands ever. Mcr is just a shorter version for My Chemical Romance. They started in 2001, they parted in 2013 before they in 2017 got united again and did a small tour" Flips answered before he laid down again.

"Okay, I love this. Race with star facts and Flips and Ace with music facts. This is amazing" Blink and Mush said at the same time and people started laughing.

"Maybe we should go to bed, I mean, it's getting late and we have school tomorrow" Crutchie asked.

"Yeah, we should. Spot, you're in room with Albert and his roommates. Ace, you can choose, you wanna sleep in the Brookie room or with Flips?" Jack asked.

"I'll take the Brookie room for tonight" Ace answered. Flips was a little disappointed but it was fine. He wished that Ace would be with him.

"Okay, Hotshot, you're in the Brookie room and so is Smokes. Skittery and Tumbler, you are in the same room as Lucky and Les" Jack said and everybody nodded before they walked inside.

The next day

With Spot, Albert and Race in the kitchen

"Any plans for after school today?" Spot asked as he was making coffee for him and Albert. Race was boiling water for his tea. 

Jojo ran into the room. "Racetrack, where the hell is my cap?" he asked, almost panicking. Race chuckled.

"I don't know, Jojo. Ask Davey when he, Sarah and Les comes back" Race answered. Jojo went upstairs again.

"As I was asking before Jojo came. Any plans after school?" Spot repeated. Race and Albert both chuckled. 

"I don't have any plans" Albert answered, Race started pouring the water into his cup.

"Yeah, me neither" Race said as he took his cup off of the counter. He went to stand beside Albert who sat on a chair beside the table at the other side of the room from Spot. Race sat his cup on the table before he leaned in and whispered something in Albert's ear. "I bet Spot would catch me if I ran towards him and fell"

And with that, Race started to run towards Spot. "Not with coffee!" Spot exclaimed and jumped to the side. Race jumped in that moment and face planted on the floor.

Davey, Sarah and Les walked through the door and into the kitchen. "Is he okay?" Sarah asked and pointed at Race who had turned around and was laughing his ass off together with Spot and Albert.

"Yeah, you know how Race is" Davey answered as he looked at his twin. 

Race stopped laughing and looked at Davey. "Jojo can't find his hat, can you help him?" he asked and Davey nodded before going upstairs. 

Race sat down in the chair beside Albert and drank his tea.

Twenty minutes later

All of the Newsies were gathered in front of the door to the house, outside. "Anyone have any questions before we start walking?" Davey asked, Flips and Specs raised their hand. "Specs, your shoe is in the staircase inside" 

"Oh, true, thanks Davey" he said and walked inside to get his shoe.

"Flips, your question" Davey said as he pointed at him.

"Who is that person beside you?" Flips asked and pointed at Sarah. Davey, Jack and Sarah chuckled. 

"She's my twin sister" Davey answered.

"Oh, okay. I'm Flips" Flips said as he nodded. 

"Hi Flips, I'm Sarah" she said and smiled. Specs came outside again and everyone started walking together. Ace, Spot, and Albert came and walked together with Flips.

"You're in the same grade as me and Race. Medda did so you and I are in the same class most of the day. You're with some the Newsies in every class no matter what, except for German, but then you'll be together with Shapes, she's a Brookie. She's very nice and you'll really like her. After every class, at least one Newsie will walk with you to the next" Albert explained and Flips nodded.

"Sounds fine" He answered. He looked at Race who was walking together with Jojo, Elmer and Romeo. They were all in the same kind of clothes; T-shirt under flannel and ripped black jeans with shoes. They were color coded; Race in blue, Jojo in pink, Elmer in yellow and Romeo in purple. "Is that normal?" Flips asked as he pointed to the boys.

"Yep" Finch said as he popped up beside Flips. Flips slightly jumped but brushed it off.

"They always dress in the same clothing at school, it's impressive how they do it" Spot said. Flips nodded and walked up to Jack who was leading the group together with Davey, Sarah and Crutchie. 

"Jack, is it okay if i put my earbuds in and listen to some music?" he asked. Jack turned to look at him and smiled as he realised it was Flips.

"Of course you can" Jack answered and looked at Davey. "What do you think Davey? Can Flips listen to some music?" 

Davey looked at Flips before answering. "I don't see a reason to not let him" He answered as he smiled.

"Well, remember when Race almost got run over by a car because he started dancing when he listened to music? Spot pulled Race out of the road and accidentally threw him into the bushes at the side of the road" Jack reminded Davey.

"Yes, but that's Race, Flips is a lot more responsible than Race" Davey said and turned to look at Flips. "Go listen to music, Flips, it's okay" he said softly as he patted Flips on the shoulder.

"Thanks" Flips exclaimed and walked back to Albert, Spot and Finch. He put his earbuds in and put his punk rock playlist on shuffle. The first song that came on was The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. He loved this song, it was really good and it made him confident. He began singing when it started and suddenly he were in his own world. 

Spot had heard Flips starting to sing when he was talking to Albert. "That guy is an amazing singer. Do you think he would join the theater club if he got the chance?" he commented.

"I don't know, maybe. He seems really into music. Maybe he would join the musicals that Medda put up for all us Newsies every year" Albert suggessted as he shrugged.

Flips were really enjoying his music right now. Nothing better than walking while listening to music. The song came to an end and another Fall Out Boy song came on. What is it with Fall Out Boy wanting to play right now? he chuckled and realised what song came on; Young Volcanos. He started singing and did some slight dance moves. The dancing quickly escalated and he was doing a full on choreography. Step after step. Chorus line after chorus line. He was in his own world, dancing, singing, focusing on the beat and keeping himself off the road.

1642 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884 23 12
𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼. One day Spot wakes up t...
20.2K 296 12
𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰. 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍,𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑�...
30.4K 518 20
"Your smile can light up a room -love" - Strong language is used - Book One: Started: 17 June 2020 Finished: 16 July 2020 - Cover By NuggetMcNugget...
10.1K 451 23
in which a girl meets a redhead newsie and falls for him ~~ [Albert DaSilva x OC] ~~ this book is still being written! so things may be edited as I g...