A Beautiful Demon (Demon Slay...

By resevoir315

In pursuit of their goals, Y/N heads out to become a Demon Slayer. However, after meeting a girl named Nezuko... More

The House In The Woods [1]
Nezuko [2]
A Perspective Change [3]
Goodbye | Thank You [4]
Tetsuo Nakatomi [5]
Final Selection [6]
Unforeseen Events [ 7]
Death | Hero [8]
Aftermath [9]
Ever Loved? [10]
Departure [11]
Beatdown [12]
Mitsuri Kanroji [13]
The Hashira [14]
The Butterfly Girls [15]
Total Concentration Constant [16]
Sayonara [17]
Demon In The Box [18]
Hashira Struggle [19]
My Sword [20]
Nezuko Reuinion [21]
I Love You, Nezuko [22]
Calm Before The Storm [23]
Sleeping Beauty [24]
Final Farewell [26]
Through Nezuko's Eyes [27]
10th Hashira [28]
What Was Missing [29]
Nightmarish Scenario [30]
Faker Battle [31]
Kissed Me [32]
New Hashira Summoning [33]
Walk With Shinobu [34]
Tsuguko Search [35]
Devastating Death [36]
Grief And Sorrow [37]
Christmas Short [Special]
Move Forward [38]
Tengen Uzui [39]
Until Next Time [40] (FINALE)
Book 2 Update:

Blind Rage [25]

2.6K 78 53
By resevoir315

I looked down to see Nezuko and Aoi who were lying in the beds. Both of them looked pale and their breathing was heavy. They were both in rough condition. I grabbed onto the headboard of Aoi's bed to prevent myself from collapsing. I was angry and felt like throwing up. How could something like this happen to them while I just slept?

**Nezuko's a demon, shouldn't she be regenerating from this? Aoi isn't and she needs constant treatment**

I tightened my grip on the headboard of Aoi's bed and felt the metal start to cave in. This was the angriest I've been since the death of my family, and I didn't know how to calm down. Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi held each other as they backed away from me. They've never seen me get so upset and I'm sure I was scaring them. The gravity in the room must've been heavy with the aura I was letting off.

Sumi: Master Y/N?

I let go of the headboard and quickly turned around to them.

Y/N: Where'd it go!? Where is the demon!?

Kiyo: We don't know-

I ran out of the room before any of them could even explain.

**A demon with a Nichirin katana stormed the Butterfly Mansion, attacked Nezuko, Aoi, and a bunch of Kakushi? What was the point in the attack, where did they go?**

Sumi: Y/N!

Naho: Master Y/N-

I ran through the halls in search of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, or Inosuke. I was going after that demon and I wanted some support.

**I'm grateful that both Aoi and Nezuko survived the attack, but for the Kakushi who didn't, the physical and mental damage done, and the unnecessary damage to Shinobu's home, I won't let this slide.**

I ran up to Nezuko's room in hopes that I'd see Tanjiro there. I didn't. My haori laid on the floor and Nezuko's bed was flipped.

**She must've been fighting in here.**

I picked up my haori off the floor. It was wrinkled, but it was mostly undamaged.

**Nezuko must've protected it while fighting.**

I clenched it before putting it back on. I ran to the training grounds and rehabilitation training room to find anybody. Nobody was in any of the places I checked.

**Where are they!? Did they go already? I guess I'm going alone.**

I ran through the mansion again towards the front so I could leave. My sense of direction wasn't great and I had no way of tracking the demon, so I just hoped that I was going in the right direction. When I got outside, I saw Tanjiro praying to two graves.

**Those must be two who didn't survive the attack.**

He had his sword with him and looked like he was getting ready to leave.

Y/N: Tanjiro...

He stopped praying and faced me. The air was heavy between us and it felt like anybody without strong willpower would pass out of they stood too close. He was angry, but his anger was expressed differently than mine. Where I was impulsive and impatient, Tanjiro's anger was calm and composed. It was scary.

Tanjiro: Y/N? You must've figured out what happened...

Y/N: I did. And I'm not letting it slide either. Help me, Tanjiro.

Despite his rage, Tanjiro seemed to be glad I said that.

Tanjiro: I'm glad you caught up to me. I was about to leave and go after him.

Y/N: Where are Zenitsu and Inosuke?

Tanjiro: Off on missions.

**Poor timing. This demon might be dangerous.**

Tanjiro: We need to get going.

Y/N: You're right. The longer we take the further the demon is getting. Do you know where it went?

Tanjiro: Follow me. I can follow the smell.

We started to run into the forest. Tanjiro lead the way as we ran.

Tanjiro: This demon is going to pay. I can't forgive this.

Y/N: Me neither. I'm pissed off Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: I know. I can smell your bloodlust.

It wasn't good timing, but I figured Tanjiro should know eventually.

Y/N: I love Nezuko, Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: I could already tell you did. I do too.

I don't think he understood what I meant by that. He was such an innocent boy.

Tanjiro: We're not going to let this demon get away with this.

I let out a sigh as we kept running. Tanjiro didn't understand my words, but I said it impulsively so I was glad he didn't.

Y/N: Not a chance.

We ran through the woods for a while longer.

Tanjiro: We're close. The scent is stronger. It's not getting any further away either.

Y/N: The demon must've stopped somewhere.

Tanjiro: Seems that way.

The further we ran, the more signs we saw pointing at a demon. Footprints in the dirt with long strides in between. Slashes on nearby trees from a sword and claws.

**Why are there sword slashes and claw marks? Is this demon that reckless?**

We soon heard the sound of clashing steel. We picked up our speed and ran towards the sound. We found 2 Demon Slayers fighting each other.

Y/N: Stop! Why are you fighting?!

We ran over to break them up, but it was then I realized who was fighting. It was Tesla, from the Final Selection, fighting against another Slayer whose back was turned to us.

Y/N: Tesla?

She broke her focus from her fight and looked over. The person she was fighting took advantage of that and sliced her torso. She was able to move enough for it to not be fatal, but it was still a serious wound.

Tanjiro: What are you doing?!

Tanjiro charges at the other Slayer and they jumped out of the way. I ran over and supported Tesla on the ground.

Y/N: Tesla, are you okay? We need to get you out of here. Why are you two fighting?

Tesla: Y/N, hey. I'm glad to see you. I'm fine, really. The wound isn't that deep.

Y/N: Even still you-

Tesla: And why was I fighting? Well, he attacked me first.

She slowly pointed over at the Slayer she was fighting. It was another face I recognized, but it also wasn't.

???: It's always you.

He looked past Tanjiro and stuck up his Nichirin Katana to me. It was the snobby boy from the Final Selection. And the one who tried to jeopardize the mission back on Mount Natagumo. He looked different now.

**The Master said his name was Tetsuya Morishita. He had been discharged from the Slayer Corps.**

Tetsuya: I should thank you.

Tanjiro: You know him, Y/N?

Y/N: Better than I wish I did. I don't get why you're attacking Tesla though. Don't you know there's a demon nearby?

Tanjiro put his hand on his sword.

Tanjiro: Y/N...

He drew it towards Tetsuya.

Tanjiro: I didn't realize at first, but... This is the demon.

My head started to spin and it felt like time was moving slow as I tried to process what I just heard.

**He passed the Final Selection, ended up getting discharged, went rogue, became a demon, and is going on a rampage now? What's wrong with him.**

Tesla: Dulzura.

I looked down at Tesla.

Tesla: You've gotten so much stronger, haven't you?

Y/N: I'm sorry, I don't think this is the time for catch-up.

Tesla: I ask because you seem so different than last time. You must've been through a lot.

Y/N: Save your energy. You need medical attention.

Tesla: I can treat myself, just not here. Not with that demon around.

She thought for a second. Before pointing off into the woods.

Tesla: Jazz is through the woods over there. If you can get me to her, I can treat myself.

She looked over at Tanjiro who stood between us and Tetsuya.

Tesla: I trust your friend there can handle this for long enough until you get back.

Y/N: No...

I gently laid Tesla down on the ground.

Tesla: What are you-

Y/N: Hey, Tanjiro?

He didn't break his gaze from the demon so he wouldn't get hit with a sneak attack.

Tanjiro: Yeah?

Y/N: Swap with me. Let me take this demon.

Tanjiro: We can double team him.

Y/N: No, Tesla needs somebody to get her to Jazz. Please, let me handle this one.

Tanjiro hesitantly backed up and let me step forward.

Y/N: I know you want to get payback for Nezuko, and I do too. I really do.

I drew my sword and held it out towards Tetsuya.

Y/N: But this goes beyond that. This... this is personal.

I clenched my sword grip and I got so hot that it felt like my blade caught on fire.

Tanjiro: I'll be back as soon as I get her to safety, okay?!

Y/N: Take your time. I'm not the one you should be worried about.

My words were scaring them. I was speaking in a way I didn't usually do. Tanjiro lifted Tesla up and they ran off into the woods. Now it was just me and the now demonized Tetsuya.

Tetsuya: Time's wasting. Let's spare the talk and get going.

He drew his Nichirin katana and charged me. We clashed blades for a while with neither one of us being able to hit the other. He was much faster and stronger than the last time we fought. It's because he's had months to train and being a demon enhanced his physical capabilities.

Tetsuya: Water Breathing: 1st Form, Water Surface Slash!

He came at me with a swift slash. I guarded with my blade, but he moved fluidly around my guard and cut my side.

Tetsuya: Oops.

**Don't you dare be condescending to me.**

I countered with a backhanded slash from my sword, but he dodged it. I held my side to slow the bleeding and he came at me again.

Tetsuya: Water Breathing: 3rd Form, Flowing Dance.

He danced around me with his sword swinging it at me randomly. I was able to avoid serious cuts, but I couldn't avoid the sword completely. He landed some hits on me, but nothing that could ever incapacitate me.

Tetsuya: This could've been avoided.

**Shut up!**

Y/N: Why did you become a demon?

Tetsuya: I had nowhere else to go after I was abandoned by the Slayer Corps.

Y/N: You weren't abandoned. You were discharged for not following orders.

Tetsuya: Regardless, I'm not going to slave away for a corporation that doesn't care about me.

Y/N: Is demon-hunting just a job to you?

Tetsuya: Not anymore.

I realized that he was able to hold a regular conversation now. His sarcastic and demeaning way of talking was nonexistent.

**Did becoming a demon change his personality?**

Tetsuya: I should thank you though. Being discharged allowed me to become a demon and get a lot stronger than I ever would've with the organization.

Y/N: Why are you thanking me? That has nothing to do with me.

Tetsuya: Really? So you weren't the one who went back to the 'Master' and told him about what happened on the mountain? Right...

Y/N: No, I actually didn't. He already knew.

Tetsuya looked surprised. I couldn't tell if he actually believed me or was pretending to do so.

Tetsuya: Doesn't matter. You can't change the past.

We clashed swords again with the battle still being deadlocked. I could tell he wasn't going all-out, but neither was I.

Y/N: Why'd you do it?

Tetsuya: Specify.

Y/N: Why did you become a demon? Why did you target Lady Shinobu's home?

Tetsuya: I already told you why. I had nowhere else to go. Besides, look how much stronger I am.

Y/N: Why Lady Shinobu's house? What was the reason?

Tetsuya: Because 'He' told me I could receive more blood if I took down a Hashira. He didn't say which one, but luckily I've stayed at the Butterfly Estate in the past and remembered where it was.

**Who was he referring to when he said 'He'?**

Tetsuya: Shinobu wasn't there when I arrived, though, so I thought I'd just cause some chaos.

Y/N: Okay, but why? You're not making sense. What did you gain from your attack?

Tetsuya: Nothing. It was just fun.

He was triggering me.

Y/N: I was there. Tanjiro was there. There were more of us there. Why did you specifically target Nezuko, Aoi, and a few Kakushi? There were more of us there, completely unharmed.

Tetsuya: You ask too many questions for somebody who's going to be dead within an hour.

Y/N: Tell me.

Tetsuya: Well if I can recall, I attacked them because they're cute.

He said it with such a straightforward tone that I could tell he wasn't being sarcastic like he usually was as a human.

???: You must be talking about the long-haired one with the pink eyes... Her and the blue-eyed one with the butterfly hair clips. Oh yeah, they must be who you're talking about.

He was talking about Nezuko and Aoi.

Y/N: You don't talk about them!

Tetsuya: That girl in the pink kimono... I especially liked her. I like my girls feisty and she put up a better fight than I thought.

I winced as he spoke. Everything he said made me even angrier. For some reason, his way of speaking now was even more annoying than when he was a human. He could hold a conversation, but that made his god-complex even worse. For some strange reason, it felt like he was forcing his attitude.

Y/N: I'll kill you!

Tetsuya: I am a god. You're not taking me down.

Y/N: Your hubris will be your undoing.

I quickly charged him and slashed at his neck. He was caught off guard but still managed to barely dodge as I scratched his neck. He touched his wound and licked his own blood.

Y/N: If a god bleeds, then they can die.

I made him upset with that comment as he came at me.

I was overtaken by rage at this point and my battle instincts would move my body automatically to dodge all of the attacks. At this point, my skill level was much higher than his.

Tetsuya: Is all you can do dodge? I didn't realize I was applying so much pressure.

I didn't respond and just stared at him as he kept attacking.

Y/N: Gravity Breathing...

Tetsuya: Quit all that running.

Y/N: Seventh Form...

I interrupted his barrage of attacks and swung my sword into the ground. I flung myself over the sword and pulled it out of the ground as I went up. Airborne, I used the momentum of pulling out my sword to do a barrel roll in the air and swing my sword down onto Tetsuya. He blocked with his own sword, but the force of the attack sent him flying across the ground. I also sliced a large gash into his shoulder.

Tetsuya: You finally fought back. Not bad for-

Y/N: Get up.

I waited for him to regenerate. He pounced at me with his sword. He had a despicable smile on his face. I sidestepped his sword thrust and cut him in half. He yelled out in pain.

Y/N: Get up...

He looked up at me from the ground. The smile on his face vanished and now there was nothing on his face but fear. He regenerated again and stood up.

Tetsuya: I'll kill you.

I didn't respond. I felt nothing towards him but anger and I wasn't playing around with him anymore.

He raised his arm to swing at me and I cut his arm off before he could fully get into swinging motion.

Y/N: Pick up your sword.

He kicked up his sword as he regenerated his arm. He caught the sword in his other hand and swung back at me. I swung my sword from the floor up into his sword. When they connected, his blade shattered. At seeing the destructive force behind my swing, he dropped what remained of the blade and started to cower in fear.

Y/N: Use your Blood Demon Art. I'm not done with you.

Tetsuya: It only works on a specific type of people!

Y/N: Then you better hope I fit that category because I'm not done with you. Don't make this boring for me...

He quickly turned and tried to run away. I slashed at his right leg as it lifted and cut it off. He collapsed to the ground.

Y/N: You came into Shinobu's home and killed people.

I swung my sword at his other leg and cut it off while he was still down.

Y/N: You hurt Tesla.

He wasn't regenerating his legs fast enough, so I moved on to his arms. I slashed off his right arm as he continued to yell in pain.

Y/N: You hurt Aoi...

I clenched my teeth and cut off his other arm.

Y/N: You hurt Nezuko!

I clenched my teeth even tighter and swung my sword towards his neck. He flinched and closed his eyes. He was whispering something. He was begging for mercy. I stopped my sword before it reached his neck and he opened his eyes.

Y/N: You hurt the ones I love!

I kicked him while he was down and sent him flying through the air.

Y/N: You don't get to cry and beg for your life!

He took advantage of the space he gained from me and regenerated his limbs in midair. He landed on his feet and started to run. I was already full of rage and I wasn't letting him go. I quickly ran over and cut off his escape route. I was seeing red and was already in swinging motion.

Y/N: Die slowly!

I cut his body in half again. I repeatedly swung my sword at him making sure not to kill him in the process.

Y/N: DIE! DIE! DIE! Aoi is swinging this sword! Nezuko is swinging this sword! The Slayer Corps are swinging this sword! Feel every slash!

Tetsuya: Mercy! Have mercy! Just kill me otherwise!

I hesitated for a second. His begging for death sounded genuine. It didn't sound like he was just saying it out of fear for his life. There was something more to it. I slashed his mouth.

Y/N: Who said to speak?

He was helpless and completely outmatched. I was so angry that my body felt like it was moving on its own.

Tesla: Y/N!

Tesla appeared from the woods and saw the damage I was doing. She ran over and grabbed my arms trying to stop me. I was much physically stronger than her and she couldn't. I kept swinging as she tried to restrain me. The force of my swinging knocked her to the ground. I realized what I did and took my attention off the demon.

Y/N: Tesla!

Tetsuya was tired and hardly able to move after all the attacks I landed, but he used the last of his energy to regenerate his limbs and make a run for the woods. Strangely, as he was running, I felt an odd sense of regret and sadness come over him. I didn't know if I should chase him or check on Tesla, but Tanjiro came flying out of the woods as the demon ran past. Tanjiro swiftly raised his sword to cut his head off.

Tetsuya: I failed, huh?

Tanjiro changed the grip on his sword while in mid-air.

Tanjiro: Water Breathing: 5th Form, Blessed Rain After The Drought.

Tanjiro peacefully glided down with his sword as he took off the demon's head. Tetsuya collapsed to the ground as his body started to burn up in ashes.

Tetsuya: Why...

We looked over at him. His body was burning up, but his head was taking longer to crumble.

Tetsuya: Why did it happen like this? Why did you spare me?

**Spared him? What is he saying?**

I held Tesla up on the ground as we looked over at Tanjiro standing over Tetsuya.

Tetsuya: All I wanted was for people to be happy. Why isn't anybody happy?!

Y/N: How could anybody be happy with what you've done?

Tetsuya: I tried being the good guy! It got me hurt! I didn't want anybody to get hurt as I did, so I decided to play the bad guy and make everybody hate me. If all the hatred was on me, then everybody else would be happy, right?

**It kind of made sense in a weird way, but it was also an insane way to think.**

Tetsuya: So why is nobody happy?!

He started to cry as his body continued to crumble.

Tetsuya: I wanted to take on the hatred of everybody and die a martyr. That's how heroes do it, right?

Tanjiro knelt down next to him with tears in his eyes.

Tetsuya: I tried being good and they made me the villain. I tried being bad and I'm still the villain. Why? Why can't I be the hero too?

He directed his eyes over to me.

Tetsuya: What makes us any different? What makes you so good and me so bad? I tried!

I froze and didn't know how to respond. He was saying words I'd never expect him to say.

Tetsuya: I guess you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain, right? I never had a choice.

Tanjiro put his hand on Tetsuya's back as his body continued to burn up.

Tanjiro: You are experiencing regret and sorrow too overwhelming for you to bear. You poor soul.

Tetsuya closed his eyes.

Tetsuya: God, let me do it over! I'm sorry, let me try again!

**I don't forgive you, Tetsuya, but I do pity you.**

He opened his eyes one last time and looked at us all.

Tetsuya: The hero always beats the villain in the end, huh? I just wish I could've made at least one person happy in my life... Sorry for everything.

His body had already fully turned to ashes and now his head was. We all sat there and watched. Nobody knew what to say, so we just gave him a moment of silence. He was fully gone now. I helped Tesla up onto her feet as Tanjiro still knelt next to where Tetsuya had passed.

Y/N: I know that was the enemy and all, but... Am I wrong to feel sad over him?

Tanjiro turned around, wiping his teary eyes.

Tanjiro: Not at all. He was just another misguided soul who couldn't get back on the right track before it was too late.

Jazz came running out of the woods to see us all there. She looked around, confused as to why we were all so down. She looked at me.

Jazz: Oh, it's you.

She looked around again.

Jazz: What happened here? Why are you all so upset..? You all look like someone died.

She looked over at Tanjiro as he stood up from Tetsuya's clothes that were left behind.

Jazz: Oh, wait... Seriously?

Y/N: It's nothing. We need to get Tesla some treatment and a place to rest. I know where we can go.

**They won't mind if bring Tesla and Jazz back to the Butterfly Mansion, will they?**

Tanjiro: What about you?

I had loads of gashes on my sides and legs from Tetsuya's blade, but I wasn't worried about it.

Y/N: This is nothing. Can you walk, Tesla?

Tesla: Yeah I can.

Jazz: No! We need to hurry. Get on my back.

Jazz knelt down in front of Tesla and waited for her to climb on.

Tesla: I can walk, truly.

Jazz: You can, but you won't bow hurry up.

Tesla just went along with it and got on Jazz's back.

Jazz: Well, lead the way.

Tanjiro and I started to run back towards the Butterfly Mansion while Jazz trailed. She couldn't keep up with us, so we slowed the tempo a little bit so she could follow. After a few hours, we made it back. Tesla had fallen asleep on Jazz's back. I hoped it was just due to exhaustion and not her injuries.

Jazz: D*mn... This place is huge.

Y/N: I know right. Let's go inside.

It was dark outside. I didn't realize we'd been gone all day. The others must've been worried that me and Tanjiro left without saying anything. We walked into the mansion and walked the halls.

Y/N: Naho! Kiyo! Sumi!

I yelled out for any of them that could come to take Tesla. None of them came, but a Kakushi woman came out of a door.

Kakushi: Stop yelling. Did you forget this was a hospital?

Tanjiro: Sorry, we just have an injured Slayer here who needs treating.

Kakushi: Bring her here.

Jazz followed the Kakushi woman into a room as me and Tanjiro stood by. Once they were inside, me and Tanjiro kept walking.

Tanjiro: Are you sure that you're fine? Maybe you should've gone in there to get treated too.

Y/N: It's just a flesh wound. I'll be okay with just a bandage or something.

We walked the halls and unconsciously headed back towards the room where Aoi and Nezuko were being treated. I knocked on the door before opening it. Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi were all inside still. We walked over to the beds and the girls jumped up, surprised when they saw me and Tanjiro. They didn't hear the knocking at the door.

Kiyo: You're back!

Naho: Master Tanjiro!

Sumi: Master Y/N!

They wrapped me and Tanjiro in a group hug.

Aoi: You...

I didn't realize Aoi was awake. She looked better now and the color returned to her face. I guess she just needed rest. I walked over and stood next to her bed as she sat up.

Aoi: Stop doing that!

She started to pound on my chest as I just stood there.

Y/N: Huh?

Naho: Miss Aoi, please take it easy!

Aoi: Stop making me worry like that!

Her voice was shaky and her hits got weaker and weaker.

Aoi: They told me you ran off without saying anything. What if you never came back? Stop being so reckless!

She held onto my haori and slowly let go of it.

**I never intend to make anybody worried on my behalf, but I'm glad she cared about me enough to feel that way.**

Kiyo: Miss Aoi is under a sedative right now.

Sumi: She can't control what she says or does right now.

**No, they were wrong. Aoi knew exactly what she was doing and saying right now.**

My eyes got teary as a feeling of relief came over me

Y/N: I'm sorry for scaring you. I'm so happy to see you awake, Aoi. You were worried? I was worried.

Aoi: Don't be. Shinobu will be back soon. That demon won't dare attack again.

Y/N: Forget the demon. We handled that already.

Aoi: You did?

I impulsively squatted down and hugged her.

Y/N: I wasn't worried about the demon. I was worried about you. I was afraid I'd never get to see you awake again. I'm so relieved.

She let me hold her for a while longer. I was so happy she was okay. She already told me how afraid of demons she was, and I regretted not being there when the attack happened.

Sumi: Miss Aoi, you really should lie back down.

I let go of her and stood back up. She stared at me but didn't say anything before she laid back down.

Aoi: I know, I know.

I looked up to see Tanjiro standing over Nezuko's bed. He had his hand on her face. She was still asleep, but she looked better than before.

Y/N: Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: She's doing okay. Remember, she sleeps a lot to recover her energy. That's all she's doing right now.

That was nice to hear. Tanjiro knew Nezuko better than I did, so I trusted his word. I was grateful that Aoi and Nezuko were going to be alright, but I was still upset that the Kakushi had to die. Even more infuriating was that I was still feeling conflicted about Tetsuya during his final moments.

Kiyo: Master Y/N?

I didn't notice how deep in thought I was. I looked up. Naho and Sumi were taking care of Aoi and Nezuko while Kiyo looked up at me.

Kiyo: Are you okay? You have a lot of wounds. I think you should stay here.

Y/N: I'm okay.

I looked at Aoi and Nezuko.

Y/N: Focus your energy on them. These wounds are just paper cuts for me. Speaking of...

I remembered Tesla and Jazz were off in another room.

Y/N: I hope you all don't mind another patient.

Naho: Another patient?

Y/N: A friend of mine, Tesla, and her sister, Jazz. Tesla sustained a bad wound during the fight against that demon, so we brought her here.

Kiyo: Where is she?

Y/N: Being treated by some of the Kakushi assistants right now. I think she'll be okay.

Tanjiro looked at me with a strange look on his face. There was something he wanted to say to me but wasn't.

Y/N: I'm gonna... I'm taking a walk.

Kiyo: But?

I headed for the door with my head down and walked out. Once I got outside of the room, I put my back against the wall. I tried to stand, but my legs turned to noodles and I collapsed to the ground. I leaned forward and pounded on the ground with my fists. I couldn't hold back my tears as I started to cry.

Y/N: What's wrong with me!? I told Nezuko I wouldn't leave her, and I did. Now, look what happened... If I just didn't leave her alone! I betrayed her...

I heard walking towards the door from inside the room I just left.

Y/N: Aoi must've been so scared. She trusted me enough to talk to me about her insecurities, and I talked a lot about how she has her role and I have mine, but I didn't play my role! Why wasn't I there for her!? The damage this must've done to her mentality... I'm so sorry Aoi. I'm sorry!

I didn't care how loud I was being. I was an emotional wreck and didn't care. Tanjiro and the girls all came running out of the room when they heard my yelling and bashing on the floor.

Tanjiro: Y/N? Hey, Y/N!

Y/N: And Shinobu let me stay here all this time for free. Why'd I take her kindness for granted? Idiot, Y/N! Idiot, idiot, idiot! You couldn't even make sure her house stayed in check while she's away!? She trusted me!

Splinters dug into my fists and made me start to bleed as I cracked into the floorboards with my fists. Tanjiro knelt down and wrapped his arms around me trying to calm me down.

Y/N: And the Kakushi who had to die... They're regular people putting their lives on the line just to help out slackers like me. They didn't need to die if I would just get it together! What's wrong with me? What's wrong with me!? I don't deserve you, Nezuko. Don't talk to me anymore, Aoi. Shinobu, I'll leave... I betrayed your hospitality. The Kakushi don't need to do anything for me ever again. I let you all down. Why am I like this?!

Tanjiro: Y/N, please get a grip! Just try to calm down!

He was crying as he tried to restrain me. Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi were all crying too.

Y/N: And worst of all, I find myself feeling sorry for the demon who caused it all. Am I that easily influenced!? Am I wrong? Where's my backbone?

**I don't want to make them cry anymore. Enough already...**

I stopped beating the floor and felt myself losing consciousness. I didn't even fight it... I just let myself pass out and hit

The Floor

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 32 13
"๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐…๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐„๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐„๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐๐†." - โ‚˜โ‚แตฃcแตคโ‚› โ‚œแตคโ‚—โ‚—แตขแตคโ‚› Cแตขcโ‚‘แตฃโ‚’ โณ-ยฐ;--| เผ หš ๏ฝกโ‹† โง—...
935K 13.9K 47
I don't own the anime/manga 'Demon Slayer' or the images used in this book this is just a fanfic. Feel free to send requests, sorry but "x Reader" ch...
743K 18K 24
โ™ง (Y/N) is a nice gentle demon, but can be quite sensitive at times. (Y/N) became a demon by almost being killed from Muzan Kibitsuji when he was kil...
1.1K 52 11
โ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐›๐ฃ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...