What's wrong with Levi's Secr...

By Eggroll47

Levi x Reader (AU) In which a cold and rich CEO, is trying to make his secratary stay on his side. But that'... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
100K Reads - Special Chapter
Another Special Chapter
Last Special Chapter
NEW BOOK

50

5.9K 263 268
By Eggroll47

"Good morning Mr. Ackerman."

The sight of his girlfriend greeting him in the morning warms his heart, especially after what happened yesterday. He nods curtly in response, but the man stopped when she called out to him, "um.. can I go see Zeke Jaeger today ? He texted me earlier, it seems like he has something important to say."

"Alright."

Her eyes slightly widened. She didn't expect him to give permission so.. easily.

--------------------------

--Lunch hour--

"I felt bad when I realized you were avoiding my calls, so thanks for coming."

(Y/n) fiddles with the straw on her beverage cup, not knowing what to say. Zeke's words made it more awkward.

"About then.." The blonde proceeds, "sorry to confess to you so suddenly. But I wanted to tell you how I felt about you. I guess it surprised you though, right ?"

"Yes. Because that wasn't why I met with you. I'm aware that you were someone who protected me in that difficult situation when we were little. So I want to see you again, someday. But, that doesn't mean I liked you in that way. Which is why.. I can't accept your feelings."

Her words completely pierced Zeke's heart. If words were blades, he would be bleeding right now. With shaky breath, he asks, "..is it because of Levi ?"

"Yes."

"YOU !" He suddenly spat at her, "do you know how hard it was for me because of that bastard ? Do you know how I felt he bullied me, stole from me, and made me suffer for years ?!" His face is red from anger that has built up inside him.

(Y/n) only blinked, the more Zeke shows his true side and bring up his past, the more.. she loses trust in him.

"It's about that again, isn't it ?"

The woman instinctively stood up upon hearing the voice that suddenly joined their private conversation. Zeke turns his head, seeing the culprit who interrupted their moment.

"How long are you going to keep up that repertoire ?" Levi calmly asks, "don't you ever get tired of it ?"

Zeke's veins begin to throb and protrude from his neck, "how could you say so ?"

Silence...

"I still remember it vividly, Levi. Which is why I'm still living in pain. But you... It must be easy for you. Because you managed to get away by living in luxury since birth, getting everything you want. Famous under the name of Ackerman huh ?"

The shorter man clicks his tongue, "stop your sarcasm, and stop calling out (Y/n) for your nonsense. If you say that crap about your shitty past to her one more time..."

"...I'll cut off your nape and feed you to the dogs myself."

(Y/n) couldn't be happier when Levi pulls her hand and drags her away from Zeke, guiding her out of the restaurant, hand in hand. The two enter the car that Levi had parked a few blocks from the restaurant. With her secretary sitting beside the driver seat, Levi begins to drive off.

"Um.. where are we going ? The Ackerman Company is that way." She questioned.

"We're going for a drive," Levi smiles a little, "today, I'll be (Y/n) (L/n)'s personal assistant. Just tell me where would you like to go, my lady."

She giggled at his small idea.

Levi glances to the side, capturing her happy face with his grey eyes, "as I thought, you're prettier when you smile.."

The woman hides her face with both her hands, trying to contain her blush, "w-well.. I want to go for a walk somewhere, if that's okay with you."

"Tch, of course. My girl will get what she wants."

---------------------

The night has fallen, and Levi decided to take her to a long bridge near the Trost river. Perfect for a night walk.

"This is really nice." (Y/n) beams.

Her eyes wander to every corner of the wonderful view. There are blooming flowers decorating the sides of the bridge, all rich in color. 'Beautiful' is the only word that comes across her head when she witnesses all of this.

Without realizing it, her hands had made their way to rub her arms. Levi doesn't fail to notice this, "are you feeling cold ?"

"Nah.. a little bit. We're by the river, so it's a bit chilly out here-"

"Hold on. Stay here."

Levi saunters away at a fast pace, intending to retrieve something from the car since it's not too far from their location. After what feels like a minute or two, he comes back with something in his hands. Something that looks like a fabric. Without a word, Levi draped the soft fabric on her shoulder and wrapped her upper body with it, his hands busy straightening the fabric on her to make sure it won't slip or fall off.

(Y/n) smiles at his gesture, "ah, you didn't have to. But, thank you."

"Hmm.." she fumbles with the warm and comforting fabric, it smells like him. Fresh and clean, with a slight scent of black tea, "what is this exactly ? Is this a sweater or something ?"

"It's a blanket."

The woman wheezes, "you carry a blanket in your car everyday ?"

"Well," Levi clears his throat, "there are times when I fall asleep in the car when Braun drives me to my destination. That damn gay brat always plays shitty music on my car music player, it's giving me headache." He reasoned.

But then, out of the blue, Levi yawns, earning a concerned look from his secretary, "sorry for that, it's not because I find it boring being with you. But because being around you is so damn relaxing and comfortable."

"Is it because my heart's at peace..?" He slowly muttered.

"These days, I just want to sleep more. For someone who has insomnia, difficulty sleeping, it's a good sign for me."

(Y/n) chuckles, "then shall we go back to the car for a little rest ?"

"I know it's no manners to do that during a date, but.." he looked at her with tired eyes, yet smiling slightly, "maybe just for a while ?"

"Mhm. Let's go then."

--- Time skip-- Inside the car -

The vice president of the Ackerman Company has fallen asleep. (Y/n) only watches as his chest rises up and down in a slow motion, indicating a slow, steady breathing. That also means he's not having any nightmares, which bring relief to (Y/n).

His soft snores somehow makes her feel... happy.

It eases her to know that he's getting enough rest, considering Levi is a busy man and barely has time to rest his eyes and brain due to the work that keeps piling up. As his secretary, she knows how much proposals, project, contracts, and many other shits he has to deal with on a daily basis,

Her attention suddenly fixed on the blanket he brought for her. Earlier, (Y/n) had taken it off and put it on her lap. Her fingers gently trace the soft material.

----Flashback----

"D-don't cry.." He said in a hoarse and raspy voice.

He spoke.

'Don't cry.'

His ever first words to her.

But the girl seemed to be ignoring his words as she continued to cry her eyes out of fear, "I..." she hiccups, "I don't have m-my blanket with me. I usually use it t-to.." the girl sobbed, "to shield myself from the evil thunder.." Her small body trembled due to cold and fear.

Tilting his head, the soiled boy was clueless. The sight of the little girl in front of him made his heart clench.

Slowly, his pale bony hands reached out to her. Those hands pulled the girl close to his meager figure and held her close as he caressed her hair softly. His mother always did this to him whenever he was in the same state as her, so he tried copying his mother's actions.

To his luck, her cries slowly ceased a bit as she found comfort in his arms.

"I never had a blanket.. but I'll try my best to be one. So please, don't cry.." The boy calmed her down, trying to provide her with comfort. Her tiny fingers clenching on his filthy and worn out clothes. And the boy, for once, felt happy that she put her trust on him. She trusted him that he'll protect her from the thunder.

Despite the cold weather and his thin body, she found warmth in him.

----End of Flashback----

(Y/n) frowns, 'that's right.. I forgot his name, but.. I called him Mr. Blanket in my diary..'

With thumping heart, (Y/n) glances to the side where Levi is peacefully sleeping on the driver seat. She then recalls Hanji's words a few days ago.

------

"I can't believe he's answering in his sleep !" Hanji whisper-shouted at the secretary beside her, "does his brain work 24/7 ?"

------

'That's right.. Mr. Ackerman responds in his sleep right ? Even when you call him and throw him questions..'  (Y/n) thought.

She purses her lips, contemplating whether to do this or not. It kinda feels wrong to do it, but for the sake of her past that leaves her hanging in curiosity.. (Y/n) finally makes her decision. She tilts her body so that she's facing his sleeping form instead of facing forward. After mustering up her courage to test something that she has been thinking for a while, (Y/n) then called out to Levi,

"Mr. Blanket ?"

Her heart thumps in anticipation, the uptight feeling in (Y/n)'s chest nearly suffocates her. Now she just has to wait and find out the truth. 

The vice president stirs in his sleep, mumbling incoherent words under his soft breathing,

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"....yes ?" 

a/n : 

Soooooo what do you think ? Who's the real Mr. Blanket from (Y/n)'s past ? Is it really Levi ? Even though he always denies the fact about 'the boy' in her past.. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.7K 2.7K 30
modern AU fresh outta college you got a job at the most boring office ever, between your shitty boss, and annoying coworkers you feel like your whole...
Sugar By ruf1n4

Short Story

64K 1.1K 14
Levi Ackerman x you short story When life becomes way too hard, you find help in one of the grumpiest yet attractive men you've ever met. Levi Ackerm...
17.8K 535 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...
22.3K 520 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...