"My Arrogant Boss". | Kim Tae...

By btssurmise7

"The night of my dream was the beginning of my reality." How can I survive at my workplace when my Boss disli... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 16.

25.4K 1K 367
By btssurmise7

[Taehyung's Point of View]

My fingers were working over the laptop's key pad when my cellphone interrupted.

"Mr. Collins", I spoke.
"Call me Kyle", he said in a casual tone.
"How can I help you, Kyle?", I repeated. Wouldn't say I was in the best mood after his sister ruined my plans.

"Just wanted to inform that I'm visiting your city tomorrow for three days, just some personal stuffs....", He paused.

"Yes I'm informed about your visit, Catherine face timed me few hours ago, she said you would like to stay at my place......", I paused this time waiting for him to reply.
"That would be great, only if you are okay with it, I mean I can meet your mom as I won't be coming as the business partner but a friend......", I nodded to myself.

"Why not, I'll send the driver, send me your flight details, see you tomorrow then".
"Great!", he said and we disconnected.

My vision paused at my home screen which was holding the most stubborn lady I've ever encountered, sleeping as if there was no one as pure as her.

I sighed keeping my cellphone aside to resume my work.

{Three Hours Later}

I reached home during the noon.

"Did you say anything to Y/n?", I was attacked with a question.

I looked at my mom, my forehead carrying the furrow.
"What's wrong?", I asked instead.
"She was zoning out everytime I was talking to her", she came near, narrowing her eyes towards me.
"Why would I say anything to her?", I ran my fingers through my hair, instinctively.

"Because no one can make her sad but you!", She pointed her fingers on me accusingly.
I squinted, blinking unusually.

"Am I you real son?", I questioned.
She frowned.
"Of course, you are my only legit child", she said emphasizing.

"Thanks goddess for confirming because the way I'm being treated making me think otherwise", I started walking ahead to the staircase still shaking my head to myself.

"I always wanted a daughter......I can see that in Y/n, she's dear to me......but you are too.....", I turned back to face her again.

"One, stop calling Y/n your daughter; two, I'm your only child, don't make any random woman my sister, strictly NOT Y/n!", I exclaimed.

"Come on it's not that serious", she scoffed.
"Please stop spending time with Y/n", I breathed.
"Is my boy jealous?", she threw a fake smug over her lips. I took the stairs without replying to her.

Women, the most puzzled creation of God.

"Okay, go ahead but do not forget to apologize to my girl if it's you at fault.....", She spoke.

[Your Point of View]

I had my towel wrapped around my body frame and I was drying my hair. I didn't wash my hair since a week now.

I know that's gross but I also know that I'm not alone so whatever.

I was humming a random song but simultaneously thinking how to face Mr. Arrogant again. I was guilty of ruining my own date.

My door made a noise of unlocking, causing me to turn in panic. No one in this mansion enters in someone's room without knocking or asking permission first.

"What the fuck!—", my words had their own brain, they came out in reflex.

I clasped on my towel when I saw the man I apparently fall for.
He scanned me from head to toe then turned the door shut after inviting himself inside.

"You should start carrying your manners with you, you look cute", I passed him a fake smile.
"I do not remember telling you that I want to look CUTE.....", He cocked his one eyebrow at me.
"Especially to you......", He added dropping his formal coat on my bed which was lately hanging on his arm.

He removed his watch as well dropping it over the coat. His gaze was fixed on me, right into my eyes.

He slide his hands into his pockets and started walking ahead.

He said nothing but I was mentally screaming. My soul heated up although the room was decently cold due to the air conditioner.

My cheeks must have gone red, my heart was fluttering. No matter how hard I try I could never act unbothered whenever his gaze poke my soul.

He wrapped one of his arm around my waist to pull me to him. I swallowed still unable to take my eyes off him. My vision shifted to his lips but I instantly looked back to his eyes.

"Here.....", he spoke. My eyebrows almost touched eachother.
I looked at his hand. He was holding the credit card.

My credit card, which he kept to him after the breakfast.

He instantly left my waist and moved back but we were still standing at the closer proximity.

I retracted my card but the frown on my face refused to wipe off. I was frustrated. He was teasing me since morning.

I mentally snorted.

"Is something wrong?", He asked. I looked up at him.
"You could have given it to me by standing at a safer distance......", I snapped, I didn't mean to, it was just the frustration.

"I'm sorry......", He apologized right away and took few steps back.

Great!

"How are you so smart?", I asked in sarcasm.
"Because my girlfriend is......", He shrugged acting innocent.
"I fucking hate you!", I groaned.
"So is that your way to say 'sorry' for ruining our very first date? Okay I take it", he let out a brief chuckle and started to leave.

I kept looking at his back till he left. I groaned out loud. Only if the few words and a chuckle could make you way more guiltier.

I had to apologize, I must.

Releasing a breath I locked the door and quickly changed into regular clothes. I picked up Taehyung's coat and his watch from my bed and moved to his room to apologize.

I knocked at his door. He didn't open. I knocked once again and kept standing. Five minutes past.

I shut my eyes in frustration.

I was about to throw my palm on his door but it turned open. He was standing with his bare torso and just the black shorts with some random doodles over it.

"What it is?", He asked making me look at him again. He had his poker face on, I then realized his hair were wet.

"Were you taking a bath?", I casually asked to which he passed a brief nod.

"Here......", I extended my hand holding his coat and watch. His gaze moved to my hand and he retrieved them.
I heard a hum from him then he moved back to shut the door again but I kept my palm over it so he forbid.

He was looking at me waiting for me to speak.

"Y/n I've plenty of work to get back to, ca—", he was shut by my kiss.
I didn't know how to apologize.

He wrapped his one arm around my waist and pulled me inside his room. He shut the door to plaster my back over it. He was leading the kiss and I was following, although it was me who initiated.

The only male domination I can allow over me here.

Our lips were sloppy it felt like they were moving on their own accord. His wrapped arm kept pulling me to him while my nape was perfectly embedded into the grip of his palm and slender fingers.

I was feeling a throb down there.

I was out of breath soon, my lips started burning but I didn't want to loose the touch. I released few airy moans just then he released a deep faint groan, my stomach clinched, wish I could hear it forever.

But forever is never real.

We broke the kiss, out of breath. Our forehead supporting eachother. It was just our breath which was audible.

His arm still holding on my waist while other resting on the side of my head and the thumb pad caressing my temple.

"I'm sorry......", I finally said it. He raised his forehead to look at me properly. He stepped back, his hands away from me and went back into his pockets.
"You are already forgiven.....", He spoke with a brief smug.
"When I kissed you?", I asked. Men will be men, no wonder someone said it.

He shook his head in denial.
"For being my view when I was talking with that stupid Catherine.......", He answered.

I furrowed.
"I know you understand what I'm saying, I'm just tolerating her because she's the sister of our business partner......", He sighed and stepped ahead to keep his forehead onto my shoulder and hugged me.

Okay the men will be men theory is cancelled, this boy was innocent.

I tapped his back.

"Kyle is coming.....", He spoke breaking the hug.
"So he's going to stay in this house?", I asked remembering the reference of Catherine.

He answered with a nod. I released a sigh.

"Is Catherine coming too?", I asked, cautiously.
He looked at me, I noticed the corner of his lips briefly raised up. He raised up one of his eyebrows too.

"I don't like her because she's clingy, what's your reason?", He asked.

This man was testing me! Again!

"Same.....", I spoke crossing my arms on my chest and looking everywhere but at him.
"Come on Ms. Y/n, envy is the hidden void of illiteracy", he spoke moving away towards the bathroom.

"I'm not jealous and will never be", I rolled my eyes accompanied by a scoff and left his room.

The evening has approached. I was still not done talking to Jade.

I rang her up while moving to my room.

"Heyy, how did it go?", She asked with excitement. My lips curved downwards.
"Are you still in the office?", I asked instead.
"I've have few works to wind up, will be free after thirty minutes", she informed.
"I'm coming there, we'll go to the club nearby, I'll tell you all the details", Jade answered with a 'yes' and we hung up.

I brushed my hair and tied it up in a high ponytail before leaving downstairs.

"Y/n darling, out to somewhere?", Taehyung's mom asked who was sitting in the mansion's hall, busy into her iPad. She probably be approving the clothing designs for the shop they owned in this city's one of the popular malls.

She says how she always wanted to be the designer but didn't get the chance, her husband bought this part of the mall when it was setting up so Taehyung surprised her with this fancy shop so she could make herself engaged into her once-a-dream choice. It was her 50th birthday's present.

Kinda surreal how fancy these rich people's presents always be. Here, I just could able to bought our very first apartment at my mom's favourite place, in her home city.

"Going to meet Jade", I answered passing her a smile.
"Take my car, haven't ride it since a while", she suggested.
"Oh, actually we are moving directly to the club so was thinking of going with the cab and Jade will drop me here with her car......", I shrugged.

She passed a nod.
"Take care", she spoke gently and I knew I could leave now.

"Wait—!", My steps forced me to stop when I heard his mom again. I turned to her.

"What about our movie night tonight?", She asked.

Of course it was Friday and we had our special girls night.

"I'll be back till then, can't miss our special schedule!", I spoke with the tinge of excitement. She smiled and I took my way out of the mansion.

The cab was already here. I slide in passing the driver the address of the destination.

I looked out of the window. The evening was still vivid.

Something was the reason for making my soul at bliss. I was just happy about something. It was a feeling of content.

The only thing I was missing right now was my mom, it rarely happens because Taehyung's mom never treated me different, she probably love me as much as she loves Taehyung.

I raised my cellphone to call mom.

I released a deep breath as soon as she picked up.
"So finally you missed me? I doubt my bestfriend is trying to steal my daughter!", She spoke humourously.

Mom knows everything.

"I want to see you.....", I spoke, my voice carrying the feeling of longing, I didn't meet her for a year now.

"My baby...... I would have run to you right now but as it's the year's end and our bakery has many visitors here but I'm coming on the new year's eve!", She tried to make the conversation cheerful.

It was still three weeks left for this year to end.

"I love you......", I said, my voice was low and sad.
"I love you too my child, please be happy, that's what I always wish for...... I'm living here in peace knowing that the piece of my heart is doing well while living so far away......", My eyes went blurry and I felt a tear lending on my cheeks.

I released a snuff unconsciously. She stayed silent, she never stopped me from crying, she always says it's a way out from all the heavy emotions we humans secretly carries. Although I cry rarely.

"How's Taehyung? Hope you ain't troubling my handsome boy.....", She spoke making me roll my eyes.

She apparently loves him way too much and do not even let me complain anything about him!

I wiped my cheeks, letting out one last snuff of the evening.

"It's always your handsome boy troubling your poor daughter, he's the evil!", I whined.

"You both can never come on the better terms, how much Audra and I planned to make or kids fall in love to eachother and make them marry so the legacy of our friendship always stays alive but look how it's going.....", She sighed dramatically.

Why both of these best friend are so dramatic!?

"Mum bye I've reached my destination, talk to you later", I said and hung up.

Only if they knew that there kids were really getting together.

I smiled to myself and walked ahead to meet Jade.

I heard a loud beep from behind me.

"Get in!", Jade said, she sounded happy.

"First tell me about your date!", She asked as soon as I took my seat beside her.

"No, first it's you are going to tell me about your tea, I'm getting restless, spill it! Who's the guy you were talking about??", I demanded.

"Fine......", She said and took a pause.
"Let us reach the club I'll tell you everything", she spoke while driving.

After fifteen minutes we reached out go-to club.

The sweet voice of the singer knocked at our ears.

We took our seats over the empty couch for just two people. This club was never crowded which was the reason we made it our one of the place for casual get together.

"Now spill everything", I demanded, I had no patience which my voice showed.

"Okay so......", She took a deep breath.

"Actually when you left with the boss on that trip, after three days I went to the club which is in the outskirts of the town. My ex texted me and said he desperately want to see me and apologize......I gave it a thought but agreed to meet him as it sounded just a casual meet up......", She paused and looked at me.

"He forced me to get back to him and when I denied he tried to drug me, the club was known for drug trafficking, it is owned by a rich and powerful businessman of the town so no legal actions has been taken up yet.....I searched all of it when I came back to my sanity the next day.......", My eyes widened, I could sense something bad coming up but I was hoping not.

She continued,
"Then Kyle showed up......Kyle Collins.....", My jaw dropped and an eyebrow raised up.
"He saved me from that bastard.....I blacked out soon after and when my lids turned open, I was at Kyle's hotel room.....", She took another pause.

I was glad she was fine.

"He asked me how I was feeling and who was the guy.....I was hesitating as he was our business partner.....Y/n no guy took care of me like Kyle did that night.....", She spoke looking at her fingers.

I wasn't happy. I knew he was a brat. He called Jade 'stupid' during our first meeting.

"Don't tell me you started liking him.....", I was cautious.
She looked at me and I noticed her little nod.
"Jade he's ain't the man for you, I just met him for few hours when we were on the business trip and it showed how pathetic he is. He respects no one.", I shook my head to myself.

"But he was nice to me.....", She retort gently.
"Jade I love you and will fight against any random man who insults you and I can't approve Kyle for you~", I spoke when simultaneously my cellphone buzzed.

"Where are you?", Taehyung asked as soon as I picked up the call.
"Out with Jade", I answered, alternatively passing a glance to Jade, she looked zoned out.
"Kyle is here", he informed causing me mentally groan.
"But wasn't he coming tomorrow?!", I asked.
"He said it's the change in plan, pass me the address I'm coming to pick you up", he said.

"Nah, I'm with Jade right now, she'll drop me, we'll be there soon", I said and we disconnected.

"What it is?", She asked.
"Kyle is here", I released a sigh. Her forehead held the creases.

I told her the whole story how Catherine called Taehyung during our date and how stupid I was to forcefully accepted the call and about Kyle's informal visit.

"I thought you're smart and yep I hate that Catherine!", She announced. I chuckled at her words.

Jade was always the sweetest, sensitive, and likes everyone until someone tries to ruin the things for her.

"Come let's move~", she spoke getting up.

She was zoned out while driving. We didn't have much to converse.

I knew what she must be thinking.

"Jade......you are my only best friend, I always wish the best for you......Kyle isn't a good man, he's arrogant and full of pride.......", I spoke.
"Well......Boss is arrogant too, as you used to describe him in the past.....", She snapped but her focus was still on the road.

It was rare and unusual.

"There's no comparison......they both are still poles apart.....", she stayed shut at my defence.

My destination was here. I stepped out of the car but before I could wave off she drove away.

I wasn't liking it, I didn't want my friendship to walk over the path of rocks and definitely not because of that brat Kyle.

I rang the doorbell and stepped in when the servant opened the door for me.

My ears captured the familiar voices. I moved ahead to the two men sitting with a lady in her mid 50s.

"Y/n is here.....", Taehyung's mom said and I saw the two dudes turning to me.

I passed a glance at Taehyung then turned to Kyle.

"Welcome Mr. Kyle", I spoke while he passed a nod then extended his hand for a hand shake, I noticed a tinge of smile at his face, it wasn't normal. Last time he ignored my handshake so it was my turn.

"I'm heading to my room just slightly worn out.....", I said looking at aunt who looked confused at my behaviour. I started heading to the staircase.

"She lives here?", I heard Kyle.
"Yes I live here as the paying guest", I replied for myself.
"You are living under the same room with your secretary?", The freak chuckled looking at Taehyung.

Don't even ask why I hate him, his attitude was disgusting.

"She's my bestfriend's daughter and no lesser than my own......", Aunt spoke for me this time, she sounded proud and I suddenly wanted to hug her so bad.

I saw Kyle sending me a gaze. He raised the corner of his lips.
"Then we might will have a great time here together", he said passing me a wink.

Never in my life I wanted to eww so hard.

"Your blepharospasm looks severe, our city has some good hospitals", I spoke and turned to leave leaving the freak with a fucked up expressions.

I just could hear the silence till I entered my room.

I instantly rang up Jade but her cell was switched off.

A sigh released from my mouth, this bastard was ruining things for me.

I sat on the bed with my face resting on my palm. Just then I heard a knock at my door.

"Yeah~", I spoke standing up to move to my closet.
"Is everything okay?", It was Taehyung. I turned to him to pass a nod.

He looked over the floor and walked ahead to me.

For a moment he scanned my face before speaking again.
"With this dead expressions over your face you said everything is okay?", He spoke booping my nose.

"I will not force you to tell me but if it's because of Kyle I'll make sure he won't bother you and even if he does I know you can handle him better", he let out a chuckle. My lips curved up.

He could never be compared to Kyle, never.

"I love you~", I spoke. It was my first bold confession. He froze up, his eyes were trying to read me.

"Didn't know I need few moments of preparations for this......well.....cool......", He looked away subtly.

He seldom hesitates but he looked so adorable, didn't know I need to see that.

His cellphone vibrated.
"Mr. Kyle~", he looked at me to which I just nod.

He turned to leave but paused, then turned back to me. I furrowed but he pulled my head ahead to keep his lips on my forehead.

He started to feel my gentle safe place.

He left right away but my eyes followed him till he went invisible from my sight.

__________________________

*Bowing*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434 64 7
Shaping my fake scenarios in a short fan fiction <3 *may contain a lot of time skips as it is a small story so please bare with it* FLUFF . A LITT...
7.6K 358 27
Taehyung - who is devoted to work meets with someone opposite to him who he stated to hate,you y/n - who dose not care about what world thinks carefr...
7.1K 427 38
❝I can't recognize you anymore.❞ ❝That was you? I can't recall...❞ ❝It's been so long.❞ (2/2) ____________________________________ If you p...
5.7K 437 23
𝐉𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 × 𝐎𝐂. 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛 : 𝐒𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 :) *read at your own risk*