ᴍʏ ᴀɴᴛɪᴅᴏᴛᴇ // ɢᴀᴀʀᴀ ᴀᴜ // ᴄᴏ...

By shazzarra

[ Gaara x Reader | COMPLETED ] He had never known a life without pain, without ridicule. He had never felt th... More

01 | meeting gaara
02 | his story
03 | with you
04 | past and present
05 | connections
06 | shopaholic
07 | rainy streets
08 | red velvet
09 | a dirty cheater
10 | his filthy ways
11 | call out my name
12 | utter silence
13 | shatter my heart
14 | beleaguer
15 | brittle voices
16 | moving on, not!
17 | ephemeral
18 | everybody's fool
19 | an old world
20 | therapy
21 | remembrance
22 | awaiting
24 | who am i
25 | broken wings
26 | a glitch in heaven
27 | demon in the flesh
28 | a love unlike any other
29 | final verdict
30 | dream house
31 | forever
32 | honeymoon
33 | a gift
34 | two's a plenty
35 | wish of eternity

23 | cruelly

235 13 0
By shazzarra

' How are you doing now?  We parted our ways,  but I can't help but wonder,  how are you doing now?  Are you smiling?  Are you laughing?  I don't understand though - why are these tears falling?  I guess at least one of us deserves to be happy,  and I'm glad it's you. '

She never felt so made up before. Himari insisted that she looked presentable, so here she stood,  her hair curled to perfection and scarlet lipstick stained her naturally pink lips. 
(Name) stared at her uniform - a crisp white shirt underneath a burgundy blazer, and a matching pencil skirt to go with it. A tartan patterned ribbon adorned her hair,  completing the Le Chatte Rouge's look.  

Her charisma shone as she strutted through the restaurant in her bright red stilettos,  taking orders and dealing with customers. 
(Name) was assigned to the first  floor of the restaurant - specially for dates. 
The ground floor was for family dinners,  and the second floor was for company dinners,  and the rooftop was specifically for parties. 

(Name) sighed in relief as the last couple left the floor, and she headed to the second floor,  where situated a bar. 
    " Miyazaki-san,  give me a bottle of soju, " she said as she plopped into the bar seat. Miyazaki Akihito nodded as he retrieved a bottle of the Korean rice wine. 

The floor was void of people - it was already 12:30 am afterall,  but the insanely loud sound of Fifth Harmony's 'Worth It' from the party upstairs can still be heard. 

       " What's gotten you so exhausted? " Akihito asked,  raising an eyebrow at the (Surname) girl. 
        " Ah,  it's just that three dramatic incidents occured today. 
  Incident one, this guy had lunch with his mom - and the mom is pretty and youthful,  mind you. Eventually his wife misunderstood and stormed in and threw a tantrum. She even called her a bitch,  until she realised it was her own mother in law. "

Akihito laughed,  shaking his head. 

" Marriage life is scary.  Ah, what about incident number two? "

(Name) took a deep breath and prepared to tell the story. 
   " A lady got stalled up,  and waited for three hours.  Three hours okay? She started crying and got herself drunk on red wine. She began babbling nonsense,  and it was disturbing others. The thing is,  she refused to leave. I'll leave the rest to your imagination, " she huffed. 

Akihito simply grinned,  mustering a good response. " I know,  her date finally arrived on a sparkly rainbow unicorn. Eventually they left behind a trail of Skittles. "

(Name) shook her head and gulped down a shot glass of soju.  " Ugh,  it's bitter, " she murmured. 

" Well,  only immature people say it's bitter. To adults it tastes sweet,  (Name) dear."

She scowled,  popping a peanut into her mouth. 
     " There are 39 reservations for tomorrow . I'm done for. Say bye-bye to me. Huhuhu, " she murmured. 

" Actually (Name) ,  there's 40. I asked Madame Vaillancourt today. Just for you. " He winked. 

(Name) tried hard to resist the urge to hurl a brick directly to his face.
        " Damn it.. " 

Just as she was about to wallow in self pity, somebody ran into the room and began doing an odd dance.
         " Party!  Party! " Roland Takahashi burst. A bride to be badge was pinned into his hair, garnering raised eyebrows from (Name) and Akihito.

            " What? It's a bachelorette party, " Roland added as a matter of fact.

(Name) gave him an uninterested glance and continued to gulp down her soju. 
      " It's getting late. I should be going, " she spoke as she stood up. 

      " I can send you home (Name), " Akihito said,  also standing up.
(Name) shook her head with a smile.
" Nah. Thanks for the offer though. "

She headed to the changing room and stripped off the uncomfortable uniform. (Name) slipped into a much more comfortable hoodie and knee length skirt.
A pair of black tights covered her bare skin as she only wore ankle high Converses.

She unlocked the keylock of her bike and smoothly rode it to the bicycle lane.
     " Damn.. I'm feeling a bit dizzy."

(Name) stopped at a convenience store, and checked her wallet.   
  " I could use some water, " she murmured.
She parked her bicycle outside and stepped into the store. 

' Damn it... ' Kankurou thought as he parked the shiny black convertible. 

' Kankurou, can you get me some ice cream and potato chips? And also a bottle of Calpis while you're at it, ' 
He could barely believe how demanding Gaara is now.

Heck,  even Temari never urged Shikamaru to buy her stuff at 1:00 am. Please note that Temari is a pregnant woman. 

' Just roll with it Kankurou... '

He headed towards the snack aisle and grabbed several packs of potato chips. 
Done with that,  Kankurou picked up a container of pistachio icecream and put in the basket.
      ' And also a bottle of Calpis while you're at it. '

Sighing heavily, he staggered to the beverage area. The fridge door swung open with a single pull,  and Kankurou took a bottle of mango flavoured Calpis.

As he closed the fridge door,  he noted a girl standing near next to him. She opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of mineral water.
Kankurou couldn't help but note that everything about her was familiar. Her stature, the (h/c) hair, the (s/c) skin...

He grabbed her by the shoulder and the girl flinched. She turned around,  looking as if she was ready for a fight. Her (e/c) eyes widened as they lay on the man in front of her.
       "K..Kankurou? " (Name) gasped. 

His jaw dropped as the sight of (Name). Three  months without (Name) surely took a toll on the Sabaku household. 

      " (Name)! What happened to you? Where have you been?  Are you doing okay? " Kankurou bombarded (Name) with an array of questions.
       " I'm... Uh, still alive? " she responded with a raised eyebrow.
       " I'm serious... " Kankurou snapped,  unamused. 
       " Huh?  What makes you think I'm not serious? Do I look like a zombie to you? " 

        " C'mon (Name). " She let out a soft giggle and shook her head.
        " Like I said before,  I'm not a zombie -yet. I'm still living in the same apartment complex, and I'm also working at Le Chatte Rouge. "

" Le Chatte Rouge? " he repeated.

' Shit... It's the exact same place. The meeting is tomorrow, and it's too late to call it off.  The Oshiro won't be happy if I urge Gaara not to go. And (Name)..'

The water bottle slipped from (Name)'s hand,  and she knelt down to pick it up. 
      " Ugh.." she huffed, rubbing her temples. Kankurou helped her up,  but still she had a hard time to stay on her feet.
     " Seems like you had too much to drink.. " he said.
     " I just had a bottle of soju..." she trailed.

Kankurou walked to the counter and paid for the items, dragging a half-drunk (Name) along with him. 
    " Come along. I'm sending you home. " he spoke, urging (Name)to enter the car.

    " But my bike.." - " You think I'm going to let you ride the bike all the way to your house in the middle of the night in your half drunken state? "

Simply said she entered the car, very very reluctantly. 
     " It's okay. Just rest,  I'll wake you up when we're there, "  Kankurou spoke.

(Name) nodded, and slowly drifted into a light slumber.

" Kankurou, what took you so long?  The ice cream is practically just cream now! " Gaara sighed.  
       " Then toss it in the freezer, " Kankurou replied in an uninterested tone.

       " Hey, Gaara. Can I ask you a question? " he spoke. Said man nodded, indicating a yes.
       " Do you still love (Name)? " 

Gaara's eyes widened and his breathing hitched. The mere mention of (Name) was enough to make Gaara freeze. What if he actually saw her? 
Kankurou knew better than to mention Gaara in front of (Name) - it would just make things awkward.
        " I.. Well.. That's an odd question, " Gaara chuckled in discomfort. Kankurou shook his head , eyes colder than ever.
         " I don't hear an answer. "

Gaara couldn't answer it. Deep down in his heart, he loved (Name). He never held someone so dearly at heart other than her.

But what came between them made him feel bitter towards her - it was enough to make him abandon her. 

           " Tomorrow, fate gives you one last chance. If you mess this up, I hope you're prepared to live in regret for the rest of your life, " Kankurou uttered coldly,  leaving Gaara alone at the kitchen counter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 577 26
⚠️OLD FIC = MEGA CRINGE⚠️ What really goes through Naruto's head while Sasuke is away? This story will go through just that. The road to finding him...
5K 66 17
At the young age of 13, a shinobi named Naruto took his own life. When his friends and the people he knew heard of the news, they were devastated but...
17.9K 298 23
After the War, Sakura is living her life with unexpected love, lust, and pain. Sasuke, Neji, Kakashi?? Though she tries to stay above it all, she fee...
550K 25.5K 76
❝𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH a...