ᴍʏ ᴀɴᴛɪᴅᴏᴛᴇ // ɢᴀᴀʀᴀ ᴀᴜ // ᴄᴏ...

By shazzarra

[ Gaara x Reader | COMPLETED ] He had never known a life without pain, without ridicule. He had never felt th... More

01 | meeting gaara
02 | his story
03 | with you
04 | past and present
05 | connections
06 | shopaholic
07 | rainy streets
08 | red velvet
09 | a dirty cheater
10 | his filthy ways
11 | call out my name
12 | utter silence
13 | shatter my heart
14 | beleaguer
15 | brittle voices
16 | moving on, not!
17 | ephemeral
18 | everybody's fool
19 | an old world
20 | therapy
21 | remembrance
23 | cruelly
24 | who am i
25 | broken wings
26 | a glitch in heaven
27 | demon in the flesh
28 | a love unlike any other
29 | final verdict
30 | dream house
31 | forever
32 | honeymoon
33 | a gift
34 | two's a plenty
35 | wish of eternity

22 | awaiting

249 14 0
By shazzarra

' I remember those times where we had completely no care in the world . Undoubtedly , I miss those times . I just hope our love remains the same - untouched and untainted by time's cruel spell '
" ...well .. We should spend our honeymoon here then ," Gaara stated rather gleefully . (Name)'s eyes grew wide , and her breath hitched . " What do you mean by that ? " she questioned , eyes wide full of confusion .

      " Isn't it obvious (Name) ... I want to marry you ," Gaara smiled brightly . (Name) however , did not share the same smile . " Gaara ... I don't deserve you . You're the Kazekage . I'm just ... A nobody ," she murmured softly . " But to me , you're worth everything . Even everyone added up , they can't equal you ," Gaara countered . 

  " (Name).. I love you so much ... So much .. I can never live without you . Its like... Being held captive in a cage , and the key is held just out of my reach . It hurts .. It's heart wrenching .. Without you , I'm not even alive . I'm just an empty husk , that can only be filled up by the love of a single person - you , " he voiced . 

Gaara inched closer towards (Name) and embraced her lightly, laying his head on her shoulder . " Please give me an answer (Name)."

    " Please .." 

(Name) felt her cheeks warm up at Gaara's words. " Will you marry me , (Name) (Surname) ? "

 A soft gasp escaped her lips .She averted her gaze to Gaara , whose face was buried in her neck , his embrace around her slightly shaky .

   " Look at me Gaara ," she spoke , placing her hand on Gaara's cheek . Gaara turned to face her , his face red and flushed , his eyes full of hopefulness that made (Name)'s lip quiver .

She kept an emotionless façade on , her face stoic and cold . " (Name) ," Gaara called out , his heart beating erratically . " Gaara ... Please give me some time ," (Name) huffed , fatigue overpowering her .

Disappointment overtook Gaara , and left him speechless . His mouth felt utterly dry as he stared into blankness. " O..Of cc..course ," he stuttered . 

" You should rest (Name) ," he smiled , an overly wide one as a poor attempt to hide his wrecked feelings. He gently tucked (Name) into the bed , and swiftly left the room without kissing her forehead - just like he always did . 

      Gaara stared blankly outside the window , no joy left in his heart . ' Some time ? It's the same as saying " I don't want to marry you " or a straight firm " NO "  he thought bitterly . The private jet was nearly approaching the Suna International Airport , and his heart tightened even more . 
    " (Name) ," he called out to the girl whom he loves dearly . " Himari will come to pick you up later ." (Name) visibly flinched at the coldness of his voice. " Y..yes ," she stuttered pitifully . 
     ' Perhaps I should just marry whoever the council wants me to ,' Gaara's jaw clenched tightly as he tried to get rid of (Name) from his mind . He was happy that she was there , right next to him , very much alive . However her response broke his heart once more , and he could barely face her . 

     ' She didn't do anything wrong ... It's just me .. I think I shouldn't see her for a while ,'
" Gaara," (Name) voiced . " How much did the medical expenses cost ? I'd like to repay them ..." 
The crimson haired Kazekage swiftly shook his head. " There's no need for that ," he stated coldly . 
To (Name) , it sounded as if he thought her question was ridiculous . ' Just because I'm poor doesn't mean I'll allow myself to live in his debt ! ' 
They grew distant , much more than they ever did . (Name) pressed her lips tightly together , forming a thin line . She threw her gaze to the view outside the window and bitterly contemplated life .

Gloom consumed the room as (Name) drew the dark curtains and shut all the lights . " Hey (Name) ! At least eat something ! You just got better , I wouldn't want you to fall ill again ," Himari called out . 

   " I'm not hungry ," (Name) croaked from under the blankets . Himari let out an agitated sigh as she tucked the strands of blue hair behind her ear . " Okay , fine . Whatever you say . Oh , I also wanted to ask you . Do you want to continue on becoming a nurse now that you're better ? " she questioned . 
(Name) pondered for a while , unconsciously biting her lower lip . " Nah... I think I'll just pursue another job ."

Himari pulled off the blanket and said " I thought so . Do you know La Rouge Chatte ? It's a famous high class restaurant in upperscale Suna . I've heard they're hiring new staff ."
(Name) nodded thoughtlessly . " I'll just go for an interview then ."

" Gaara ! I heard you considered meeting Lady Kamiko of the Oshiro family ! What's gotten into you ?! (Name) just got better .. I thought you and her-" Kankurou blurted in a motion similar to that of a firing gun . 

    " So what ? " Gaara drawled , barely looking up from his paperwork . " C'mon Gaara . She said ' give her some time ' not a straightforward NO . Surely you can differentiate that ! " Kankurou huffed . 

   Gaara bitterly clipped several documents together , his movements swift and almost robotic . " Gaara did you hear me ? " Kankurou voiced . " Yes I did . She said to give her some time . Well , I don't want to give her time ," Gaara spat . 

" Do you even know who Kamiko Oshiro is ? She's pretty and rich and classy and all , but she's got personality of trash ! You know trash ? See that trash can and all the things in it ," Kankurou burst . 
   " She's the council's top candidate .. I have no choice but to meet her ," Gaara drawled . " Huh ? No choice ? Who's the Kazekage ? You or them ? " Kankurou was clearly unamused .
         " They won't stop bugging me until I pick a candidate . I'll just roll with it ." Kankurou shook his head in frustration . " But that girl .. Ugh .. She's really spoilt ! I'd probably move away and start a new life with a new identity if you married that Kamiko..."
    " She's most likely to be your sister-in-law Kankurou . At least speak nice things about her ," Gaara murmured . Kankurou's face had the same shade as Himari's hair when Gaara voiced the sentence . " I think I'll hate family reunions... By the way , where and when are you meeting up with that ... Thing ? " Kankurou questioned .

Gaara let out a soft sigh as he set another bundle of paperwork on his desk . " Two weeks from now at La Rouge Chatte .

" So , what position are you soughting for ?" a thin lipped middle aged woman with reddish brown hair in a very tight bun questioned . (Name) awkwardly toyed with the long sleeves of her loose dress , her eyes darting uncomfortably around the obviously luxurious room . 

" Any position is fine , Ma'am ," she answered truthfully . Any position was fine , for (Name) desperately needed a job . (Name) did not have any experience in the culinary world , nor she had any idea about things such as ' Haute cuisine ' or ' Bona fide ' . And when someone brought up the subject ' Michelin ' , she thought of a big , plump man made of white tires , not a high class restaurant . 

     " We are in need of waitresses. La Rouge Chatte needs a waitress who is poised , and possesses a neat , swift and efficient demeanour . And of course , someone that is pleasant to the eye ," the woman , Nicolette Vaillancourt stated . 

' Yeah , I'm efficient as hell ' (Name) monologued . " I think you should be able to pull it off . You were once a nurse , and a good one at that , so I presume you are efficient and good at interacting . I have a question for you though - why did you quit from becoming a nurse ? " Nicolette asked , her beady black eyes keeningly darting all around (Name) .

    " I decided to learn more about the world . I know what it's like in the hospital - it's depressing , as people die there everyday . I just wanted to start a new book , preferably at a place people actually enjoy themselves ," she grinned . 

      "I see . It's a good thing - to learn about other things and not just focus on one sole thing . For if you lose it , you'll have nothing left in the world . Having all your skills on an average level is better than being excellent at one of them and completely flunking the others ," Nicolette nodded .

   " (Surname) , you are a girl of a bright open mind , one of the qualities I heavily appreciate . Congratulations , you just landed yourself a job here , at La Rouge Chatte ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2.5K 30
❝ Love breeds sacrifice, which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain. ❞ Aired: August 31, 2018 Ended: June 12, 2020 ──────────── ◆ Characters...
5K 66 17
At the young age of 13, a shinobi named Naruto took his own life. When his friends and the people he knew heard of the news, they were devastated but...
75.9K 2.3K 6
Hinata Uzumaki is the beautiful wife of the almighty Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. That's all she ever wanted. For years until his proposal, she could onl...
74.8K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...