Painkillers - {Fred Weasley}

By dolefully

*Sequel to Antidepressant* More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

15

265 16 7
By dolefully

The Burrow is comforting. The warmth pulls me in like it has so many times before. Before I realize it, before I can second guess what I'm doing, I knock weakly on the door. There's commotion inside, like someone is bustling down the hundreds of stairs inside. This was a stupid idea. I just left them, and now I expect to be welcomed back? I start to turn around when the door flies open.

"Lainey? Oh goodness! Delaney!" I'm pulled into an all too familiar embrace.

In an instant, I sob into Mrs. Weasley's shoulder. We stand there for what feels like hours while she clutches onto me so tightly, that I feel guilty. I wonder if she thinks I'm going to fade away again.

I manage to get it together enough for her to usher me inside. The comfort of the home engulfs me, starkly contrasting the bleak facility I spent so much time in. I fall into an armchair. Mrs. Weasley scurries towards the kitchen. She glances back at me once, as if to say, "please don't leave" before disappearing around the corner.

Before I know it, there is a chipped mug in my hand filled with tea, a little bit of sugar, and a splash of milk- just how I like it. I haven't had good tea in a very long time. I tell her everything. And I mean everything- the drugs and abuse and Him. Mrs. Wesley was crying the entire time, hand over her mouth in horror. I can't tell if she's disgusted with me or the things I've done. I hope it's the latter.

I tell her about how I saw Fred and George in the crowd that day- How they saved me. How Fred saved me.

Fred

A bewildered expression crosses her face. "Honey, Fred never went to America."

"Oh..." God, was I that fucked up?

She rests a hand on my knee and smiles softly. "But, Lainey, he's awake."

A whole new wave of emotions comes crashing down on me, and I'm not sure which is the right way to feel. I'm elated, of course, but also... Guilty? Have I been cheating on him? Are we still together? Is he angry? I would be angry. Does he even remember me? How long has he been awake?

I start picking at the skin around my nails. Regardless of everything, I smile.

Mrs. Weasley pulls me out of my own head. "Would you like to shower, darling?"

I nod slowly, and she guides me up the stairs to the nearest bathroom. "I'll bring you something to change into."

I look down at my plain, just-left-the-hospital clothes and nod again.

I make the water as hot as possible, hoping to burn away my other life. The room steams up quickly. I scrub my skin, ignoring the pink patches that form. When I'm finished, I take time to stare at myself in the mirror.

I still don't recognize myself. My platinum hair is growing out, revealing the blonde roots. My face still looks like shit. I'm thin. Too thin. I run a finger down my ribs like a xylophone. I laugh so I don't cry again. God, I'm tired of crying. T

here's a light knock on the door. I quickly wrap the towel around myself. "Come in."

Mrs. Weasley pops her head in She's holding a very comfortable-looking sweater and corduroy pants. "The pants are an old pair of Ginny's- I hope they fit. And the sweater is Fred's. I- I hope that's alright. They all took most of their stuff, so these are the leftovers"

A small smile curls my lips. I recognize the sweater. The sleaves were always a bit too short for him.

"Thank you."

She gives me my privacy so I can dress. They both fit me loosely and cover the few scars and bruises left on my body. I take one more fleeting look at my reflection before joining Mrs. Weasley downstairs.

"Will you shave my hair off?" I blurt out.

She doesn't question it. She uses her wand, dragging the tip across my scalp. The hair falls around me in thin wisps. With a wave of her want, she vanishes the hair.

"All new again," she says softly. "Now, let's get you something to eat."

Hi. I have not written in a very long time so I apologize if this is garbage :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245 57 19
Sequel to Forever And Always
11.2K 326 32
Part one of my Fred Weasley love story. My life is horrible. I'm only 11 and I have one of the worst lives you could think of. Alcoholic family. MIA...
21.6K 999 30
the sequel to COFFEE. everything was supposed to be happily ever after. started 4.23.20
4.7K 528 94
sequel to the lucky one "It's our universe, trouble. They're just living in it." "Love never works the way it's supposed to."