Bitten by a blade (Loki x rea...

By lillokilover666

You move to New York from London for a chance. When you bump into the infamous Wanda Maximoff, she manages to... More

New Beginnings
New York
Moving in
Video games
College and Cuts
IKEA
Snowed In
Christmas Shopping
Your what?
Birthday Bash
Chemo
Mission.
Show Me
Design
WandaVision
Best friends, right?
Date
Material world
Its not working
Head over heels
The blame
Good bye
Felt like home
Epilogue

Christmas

224 7 4
By lillokilover666

Stupid, fucking snow. Stupid cancer. Stupid sky, stupid, stupid, stupid. You didnt care if you got fucking mauled in the process. New York to London would be maximum eight hour flight, right? That maths seemed right anyway. But still, stupid fucking everything.

The snow was too thick and the cost of last minute emergency flight, was 80% of your bank account. The best, but more like the most, Stark would do is get presents sent over and back.

It was better than nothing, but it wasn't what you had planned. Everyone has promised to be on their best behaviour as to not set you off.

You enjoyed your team's company, but it didn't even compare to spending time with family. Christmas was tomorrow, and you couldn't stop yourself from blaming the whole thing on yourself.

"Y/n, calm down. Take a deep breath, you don't want me to make you go to sleep do you?" Loki had a hand on each shoulder, keeping you in place.
"No."

"Good, just try to focus on me."
"That's not too hard, I enjoy looking at beautiful people."
"Stop with the Augustus Waters quotes, I don't need the heart ache right now."

Loki pulled you into a hug, keeping a tight grip despite you hitting his chest over and over.

"This is the longest I've been away from them, and it kills me knowing I could've prevented it. I shouldn't have left, Finn was starting his A-level course and Mim is halfway through her chemo."

"Hush love. If you stayed you wouldn't be a part of the avengers, you wouldn't have met everyone and you wouldn't have saved me from myself."

You stopped your hitting and dissolved into the hug, not wanting Loki to feel as if you regret meeting him.

"Your thoughts are being loud again. I know you don't regret it." He landed a kiss to the top of your head. You loved the height distance between you for only one reason.

When you hugged you could hear his precious heartbeat and how it slightly sped up when you cuddled closer. Maybe Wanda was right, but you couldn't risk your friendship. It was probably just a crush anyway.

"And look on the bright side, they still get your presents. You can probably call them and open them together, it wont be the same but its better than nothing."
"I guess."

You stepped back and wiped the tears from your face. You took a deep breath and put on your most convincing smile.
"Don't do that."
"Do what?" You frowned again.
"Fake a smile. Smiles should only be genuine." He said tickling your sides making you laugh slightly but grab his hands and hold them in front of you so he couldn't move. A small smile lit up your face.
"There we go."

- ( time skip brought to you by 'it was Agatha all along 💃🕺') -

You woke up at six, on the dot, without an alarm. You had done this 19 times before, without fail. Something about Christmas always put you in routine.

As you always did on Christmas, you had a shower, got changed and put on your ugliest Christmas jumper. You had managed to find a Santa hat so you decided to wear it. You had moved your scarfs into your wardrobe for the time being, hiding away all the presents under the bed.

You hadn't expected anyone to be up yet, so you were caught off guard when there was a knock at your bedroom door. You opened it to be greeted by Loki in Christmas pyjamas, blushing bright red.

You had never seen him in pyjamas before, let alone bobbly rudolf ones.
"Isn't this a sight?" You quirked your eyebrows, giving him a once over. You were amazed at how he could find any that fit him with him being 6'4, slim but muscular and it was a children's pattern.

"Thor made me wear. He said he would give me his liquor if I did."
"Well you look very adorable."

Your compliment made him blush a deeper shade and curse his complexion for being so pale.
"Thank you. That jumper makes you look like a toddler."
"Can't you just compliment someone, sincerely?"
"I have before, but the words don't roll off my tongue quite as easily."

I have something that would roll of his tongue easily.
What the fuck? You hoped your thoughts weren't loud again and blamed it on having a dirty mind, completely ignoring the butterflies and challenge to hide a smile.

"Is everyone else awake?"
"Tony and Sam are still asleep so Clint is making breakfast and everyone is setting their gifts under the tree."
"Right, can you give me a hand?" You asked, only for Loki to make an illusion, quite literally giving you a hand.
"Very funny." You said shaking off the illusion.

You bent down to pull the out from under your bed when you caught Loki staring.
"Hey perv, help me or you won't get anything." That seemed to snap him out of his daze as he held the very heavy box you passed him.

"Fuck's sake, what in here? Rocks?"
"For some people." You said grabbing your other box and heading to the lift.

Once you got to the living room, you settled you box down and waited for Loki to catch up. You noticed that everyone and a pile of gifts each so you added your own to them.

Smelling the best pancakes in the world, you went to the kitchen to find Clint. You noticed he didnt have his hearing aid so you turned your phone flash on. When he noticed he turned around and passed you a plate.

Thank you, these look perfect you signed to the best of your ability. Your signing was still choppy but you had a wider vocabulary now.
Your welcome Bloody Mary he signed out.

By the time Sam and Tony came down and out their presents in the piles, everyone had finished breakfast so they had to deal with cold pancakes.
Every one went up to their pile and grabbed the presents you had gotten them.

Loki: green adventurine, note books, hot chocolate, tea and a hand written letter, explaining why he was your best friend.

Thor: pop tarts, 200 pack of crayons, mjolnir headphones and a shirt with a lightning bolt stitched onto the front.

Natasha: heels, carnelian necklace, red lipstick and red ballet slippers.

Tony: cologne, magazines with him on the cover, sun glasses and coffee.

Bruce: a nerd shirt, coffee, blue light glasses and a biology book written by one of his favourite scientists.

Wanda: her own black and red scarf, hot chocolate, kohl eyeliner, clear quartz and a handwritten letter, explaining how she was also your best friend.

Steve: a wheelchair painting that 'best grandad' at the bottom, a shirt with his shield stitched onto it, a really expensive sketch book and a hand written letter, threatening him so that he would tell you what happened with Bucky.

Clint: a toy bow and arrow set, a post card that had Budapest on it and you demanding an explanation, coffee and a trophy for worlds best pancakes.

Peter: a bunch of video games, an old computer with a note that said explained you wanted him to make something amazing out of it, a $50 amazon gift card and fireworks.

Pietro: a Carly ray jepson cd, blue lace agate, smoky quartz and a hand written letter, giving him the number of the girl Loki had tried to set you up with.

Vision: a top hat, a zebra jasper bracelet, a cook book and a lengthy hand written letter, giving him all the reasons to date Wanda.

Sam: a Beyoncé cd, an amethyst ring, a shirt with the falcon wings stitched onto it and a falcon figurine.

James: an Olivia Roderigo cd, an iRobot DVD, magnets, shungite and a handwritten letter giving him all the reasons to ask Steve out.

Then everyone went to get James' presents. He had gotten you a Bluetooth projector, sowing needles and the right to call him Bucky.

Vision had gifted you a sketchbook, a skull necklace and a romance book.

Pietro passed you a box of 30 freddo's, a book on fashion and an action book.

Peter gave you a bracelet that turned into a shield, an incense tray and three boxes of incense.

Clint wrote down his recipe for pancakes, and gave you a speaker.

Steve had gifted you a book on crystals, hot chocolate and an (favourite artist) cd.

Wanda gave you a crystal scratch patch discount, expensive fabrics and your weight in stickers.

Bruce passed you a set of hangover pills he had made, a twelve pack of strong bow cider and a heap of books, mainly romance.

Tony gave you a locket with a picture of all of the avengers including you inside, hot chocolate and a Starbucks gift card.

Natasha gave you two pairs of heels, bandanas and shit ton of makeup.

Thor had gotten you a handmade mug that wasn't half bad but had been painted messily, a superhero name, bloody bitch, and handpicked roses.

But Loki's presents took your breath away. He had gotten you a new sowing machine, a hand beaded tailors mannequin and a flight to London.

You thanked all of them multiple times, shaking your hands in excitement everytime you opened another present. You couldn't put into words how grateful you were for all of them.

- (time skip brought to you by me, your wonderful author, having back problems from writing for hours on end in a very tiny bunk bed because I haven't got a desk)-

When Finn picked up, a high pitched screech was heard echoing down the phone.
"Merry Christmas bitch." You said, smiling smiling slightly.
"Did you get our presents?" Finn asked.
"I did. Did you get mine?"
"Yeah, why were there so many?"

"Bigger pay check." You said setting your phone against your pillows and sitting crossed legged in front of the pile of presents.

Finn set the phone down so everyone could see you and vice versa. Mim was sitting in the corner with her black cat sitting on the arm of her chair. Kieth was standing, making hot chocolate in the kitchen. Finn took up most of the camera since he was sitting the closest and your mum was sorting everyone's presents into piles.

First everyone opened Kieth's presents. He had given you a draft of his acknowledgements that put you as his main inspiration.
For y/n, without her crazy spirit and her humor that can light up any day, this story wouldn't have been written.
He also gave you total creative freedom to design the cover of his book, dagger earrings and a mini fridge.

Then it was Mim's turn. Unsurprisingly, she gave you crystals, incense, good vibes and a crochet mushroom bag. She also gave you a teal Polaroid camera.

Next it was mum's gifts. Tea lights, bath bombs, led lights and a gorgeous, probably really expensive wrap around snake bracelet.

Then it was you gifts for everyone.
Keith got the most beautiful stationary you could find and a vintage 1934 monarch pioneer portable typewriter that took you ages to find.

Mim got a pink clown wig, a second hand, framed and signed picture of Elton john, a new tarot deck and perfume.

Mum got a massage gift card, throw pillows, a teddy bear chain for her bracelet, a coffee machine and half of Lush.

Finn got a replica of harry styles' strawberry dress, a record player, mitski records, American sweets he wanted to try and a an Apple Pencil for his iPad.

Last but not least, you opened Finn's presents. He got you earrings, rings, a Loki jumper he found somewhere and all the English sweets you have been missing.

Not the Christmas you would've imagined, but the best you've ever had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 1.5K 61
Never in their life have Maximoff Siblings especially Y/N Maximoff thought her world would come crashing down destroying the sibling's childhood. Bei...
176K 5K 51
She walked out from the red drapes in nothing more than lingerie to the dance floor and began the entrancing performance, just another night. Music p...
1M 29.8K 14
A new avenger is recruited and that person is YOU!!! Since you're the new girl, you get stuck with the worst job (or so you think). Babysitting Loki...
77.3K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...