š‘šŽš’š„ | šŸšŸ–+

By cassidyhudspeth

ā š™Žš™ƒš™€ š™’š˜¼š™Ž š™š™ƒš™€ š™Šš™‰š™‡š™” š™‹š™€š˜¼š˜¾š™€ š™ƒš™€ š™ƒš˜¼š˜æ š™†š™‰š™Šš™’š™‰ š™„š™‰ š˜¼ š™‘š™€š™š™”, š™‘š™€š™š™” š™‡š™Šš™‰š™‚ š™š™„š™ˆļæ½... More

synopsis
prologue
1 || welcome
2 || rules
3 || improvise
4 || insomnia
5 || the journals
6 || boundaries
7 || frustrations
8 || nightmares
9 || urges
10 || progress
11 || fresh air
12 || past
13 || first session
14 || cat and mouse
15 || contact
16 || bloom
17 || cold shoulder
18 || retrogress
19 || confrontation
20 || progress two
21 || confessions
22 || second session
23 || vulnerability
24 || coping mechanism
25 || vanilla
26 || labels ... or not
27 || even balance
28 || midnight hour
29 || third session
30 || progress three
31 || party
32 || one month down
33 || possessive
34 || truth be told
35 || passion and pain
36 || bad news
37 || fourth session
38 || let the walls down
39 || quality time
40 || progress four
41 || the last good day
42 || ten words
43 || goodbye
44 || ready to comply
45 || radio silence
46 || end of the line
47 || salvation
49 || let's go home
50 || fresh start
epilogue
author's note
bonus chapter - the wedding

48 || stay

25.8K 786 339
By cassidyhudspeth

alexa, play blue hour by mothica

Two Days Later

DAY 51

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Weakly pushing open her eyelids, which felt like they had something heavy preventing them from doing so, Amelia squinted as the bright lights overhead made her eyes sting slightly. Her surroundings were blurred, all she could make out was a fuzzy haze as she blinked profusely - worried that perhaps her vision was permanently going to stick this way.

A searing pain ripping through her abdomen distracted Amelia from her troublesome eyesight, reminding her of what happened in order to feel this excruciating ache.

Just the recollection of the Russian man jabbing the knife into her torso made Amelia's blood pressure rise anxiously. Her subconscious had hoped that it was all one big horrible dream. Maybe she had fallen asleep on the Quinjet on the way to Siberia and had a nightmare of her biggest fears, the things she was actually afraid of happening.

However, as her sight slowly began to return back to normal, the needle inserted in her arm and the tub branching out from her nose said otherwise. Amelia's petite fingers fidgeted with the fabric of her green hospital gown as she tried to push her traumatic memories deep down until she couldn't feel anything anymore.

James.

Where was James?

Did they take down Hydra?

All Amelia could remember was passing out from the pain as she swayed in James' arms - listening to his soft pleas in her ear. Everything had just faded to black, literally. There was no bright, white light. No meeting with someone from the afterlife who urged her to continue fighting for her life. Just nothing.

"Fucking hell, Amelia, you're awake."

Amelia's hazel eyes snapped up to find the familiar voice, blinking in a confused haze as they fell on James' blue eyes that had dark bags growing underneath them. The coffee in his hand along with his bloodshot eyes indicated that he hadn't gotten any sleep recently.

"Mmm," she mumbled quietly, her words failing her, as she nodded.

Her heart swelled with a warmth as she watched James rush over to her bedside, hovering over her worriedly. Amelia wanted more than anything to lift her hand and caress his scruffy face, but she barely had the energy to even peer up at him. James leaned down, pressing his trembling lips to her forehead for a few moments, his breath halting in his chest as he squeezed his eyes shut and grasped Amelia's face between his hands.

"You're awake," he repeated against her forehead.

"You look so tired," Amelia croaked softly, her tiny hand encircling around his forearm.

James savored the sound of Amelia's voice for a few seconds, the way it immediately soothed his nerves, as he pulled back tentatively to stare at her. Two days ago, he just knew he was never going to be able to hear that voice again, or see her peeking up at him through her lashes. The doctor's declared her dead on arrival, that was until he practically threatened to murder everyone in the vicinity if they didn't try to revive her.

"You've been out for two days," James whispered finally, his thumbs rubbing circles on her warm cheeks. "I couldn't sleep, not until I knew that you were going to wake up."

"I'm okay," Amelia smiled feebly up at him.

James' brow furrowed together as he brought his lips down onto her full ones, his mouth moving ever-so-softly over hers - afraid if he applied anymore pressure that she would break. The taste of her felt like heaven to his palate, and he was starving.

"I thought you were dead," he admitted faintly as he broke the kiss, his hands sliding down to hold onto hers. "I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to bring you back."

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Barnes," Amelia teased, faintly squeezing his fingers with her own. "You should know that by now."

Finally, a small chuckle escaped his full lips, filling Amelia with relief as she watched his mouth turn up in the corners - even though it didn't quite reach his eyes, it was still something. She could only begin to imagine the horrors that James had to deal with the past few days, quite proud that he was able to hold himself together at all.

"You almost got yourself killed coming after me, Amelia," he murmured, his half-smile faltering as he spoke. "You were dead when I brought you here, I had to threaten people's lives to make sure that they didn't give up on you."

"I'm sorry that I put you through all of this," Amelia's voice broke as she blinked away the water that was filling in the corner of her eyes. "I had to do something. I had to make sure that you knew how I felt about you, because I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to you before I could tell you."

James sighed deeply as he brought her fingers up to his lips to press tiny kisses against them. "I'm not worth risking your life over."

"You told me once that you trusted me with your life," Amelia said weakly. "Do you remember?"

He nodded slowly.

"I trust you with mine, too, because you are worth it to me, James."

Using his hands to gingerly scoot Amelia's body over, James climbed into the hospital bed next to her, wrapping his arm behind her shoulders as he pulled her against him. Pressing his cheek against the top of her head, he mumbled, "I love you, Amelia Rose."

Her head titled up shyly as she peeked at him through her eyelashes, her heart thumping against her chest at his words. "Really?"

James nodded as he reached up to brush her wavy hair behind her shoulder. "You have been in my corner since they day I met you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be the person that I feel like I am right now, no where near it."

"You've always been this person, you just had to heal a little bit, first."

"I owe you everything," he brought his hand up to caress her bottom lip with his thumb. "You barging into my life the way you did ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me."

Amelia buried her face into James' chest, closing her eyes as she inhaled his scent that she had missed so much this past week - thankful that she was still here, thankful that it wasn't time for her to go just yet. She wasn't ready to give this all up, especially everything with Bucky, it felt like their story was only just getting started.

"I don't want to spend another second without you, Rose. Promise me you'll stay? Promise me that this doesn't end just because the work is over."

Reaching up to caress his cheek, Amelia winced slightly from the nagging pain in her torso, brushing it off as she continued to glide her thumb along his cheekbone. His tired eyes flickered along her features, waiting expectantly for her response, as her lips lifted into a widespread smile.

"I'll always stay, Bucky."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

two chapters and an epilogue left, besties.

oh, and I guess I forgive everyone who said they hated me for the last chapter, lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 519 47
This is another version of my other book. This book is going to be based upon the avengers helping y/n with their mental health. The chapters will a...
2.4K 194 28
Steve and Bucky are a month into their training to become Shield agents in a fierce course run by director Fury. With everyone wanting to be the best...
25K 726 60
A young daughter of two Hydra scientists was rescued by The Avengers only to find out her childhood was actually nothing like the one she had in her...
308K 7.3K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...