sanctuary || d. wayne

By callmebyyourmango

"There is literally no one that can understand you." "That was not as reassuring as I needed it to be." In wh... More

CAST
PART ONE
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
PART TWO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY - ONE
EPILOGUE
thank you
sequel <3

SEVENTEEN

3.8K 164 35
By callmebyyourmango

ARKHAM ASYLUM
NOVEMBER 18th
11:22 AM

After ten days of silence, Daniel finally got the message he was waiting for. It wasn't from Jade, but it was from Beau Tucker. Daniel vaguely remembers the name from his conversation with Robin. He must be Jade's 'other guy' who was sent to gather information.

But Daniel hardly knows the guy other than the two times he relayed Jade's instructions. What could Beau possibly want with him?

He was instructed to bring the package he'd been holding onto since his first visit to Arkham and was surprised to find out the guards let him walk into the empty visitor's room with it. What did they do to get that privilege?

Every visit he's made to Arkham was loud. He would constantly struggle with hearing Jade's demands due to the loudness of the other inmates. He used to hate it.

Now that he's sitting alone in silence, he misses the surrounding noise.

Now, he waits in the cold folding chair for Beau to come out and speak to him.

This has to be my last visit, Daniel tells himself once again. I'll do what I promised and never come back.

He came to this conclusion after his talk with Robin. Jade was a dangerous young woman who held power over Daniel. He can't help but root for her, even after acknowledging the pain she's caused.

God, he was fucked in the head.

"Last visit," he whispers to himself, holding the package close to him. "I need to smoke after this."

Maybe it was good that he was meeting with Beau instead of Jade. I don't think I'd be able to stay away if I was visiting her.

The gates buzz loudly, indicating the arrival of the inmate. Daniel looks up from the metal table, making eye contact with the man he's only met twice.

Beau gives a charming smile but says nothing as he takes his seat. Daniel's gaze drops to the table as Beau leans back. The gate buzzes loudly once more before shutting.

"Hello, little messenger," he finally greets with that deep southern accent. "I'm delighted to see you made it."

"Where..." Daniel starts. He forces himself to look Beau in the eye before swallowing his fear. "Why did you want to meet me?"

Beau gives a sly grin. "I'm supposed to sign for my delivery." He nods his head at the package in Daniel's arms. Daniel unintentionally grips the package closer to his chest. "Clearly you didn't open it."

"She told me not to," Daniel mumbles. "What's supposed to be in it?"

Beau's grin doesn't falter. "Miss Jade said she wanted to show you herself."

Daniel shakes his head. "I'm not coming back after this." Beau raises an amused brow. "I promised I'd give the package, but I'm done."

"Well, ain't that disappointing to hear," Beau sighs. "You wanna go ahead and hand over the package?"

"I will," Daniel promises, "I just...I need to know something." Beau raises a brow but doesn't say anything. He waves his hand, indicating for Daniel to continue. "How do you know Noelle? And what's Jade's plan?"

Beau tilts his head. "Noelle's my little sister. We're each other's only family."

Daniel frowns. If he remembers correctly, Beau was sent to Noelle's place to hurt people. Was she supposed to be a victim? "Why would you try to hurt her if she's your sister?"

"I would never," Beau snaps. His fist clenches at the accusation. "I was trying to save her from that fake family."

"But Jade wants Robin. Why would she be concerned about your plans for Noelle?"

Beau sighs. "We each have different goals for our plans," he acknowledges, "but our plans would work better if we worked together."

"And...what are your goals?"

"Do you really have to ask that, Danny?"

The sickly sweet voice makes Daniel's heart drop to his stomach. He looks away from Beau, ending his gaze on the woman leaning against the gate. When did she get here?

Jade gives a sweet smile, white teeth gleaming under the fluorescent light. She pushes herself off the gate and makes her way to the two.

The metal folding chair screeches as she pulls it to their table. Daniel could feel himself trembling under her gaze as she takes a seat. She crosses one leg over the other before straightening her posture and resting her arms on the table.

Fuck, she's here. She's not supposed to be here. Why is she here?

Leaving here without wanting to come back will be more difficult.

"Jade..." Daniel mumbles. He grips the package in his lap again in an attempt to stop his shaking.

"Hey, sweetie," Jade greets. "I figured I'd be here in person for your delivery. Aren't you glad to see me?"

"I..." he trails off, struggling to figure out what he should say.

"Oh look, I made him speechless!" Jade grins before clapping her hands together. "I missed you too, Danny." Her blue eyes gleam at the sight of the anxious boy before her. "Didn't you miss me?"

Yes and no.

He nods. He's worried he'll say the wrong thing if he speaks verbally.

"Poor Daniel's been a shaking mess since he got here," Beau muses, gaining both teenagers' attentions. "He's keeping a tight grip on that package too."

"I noticed," Jade sighs wistfully. "He was so inquisitive before I joined. What's wrong, Danny? Do I make you nervous?"

Daniel didn't like when she played these games. He never liked it when she said things to purposely scare him. He used to ignore his dislike for them because it gave him an excuse to hear her voice again.

He meets Jade's gaze head-on, making her raise an eyebrow. "What's in the package, Jade?"

"I'm surprised you haven't opened it for yourself." She extends her arms, palms facing up in demand. "Let me show you."

This was the last thing he owed Jade. After this, he didn't have to see her again. He was going to leave his fucked up desire with her in Arkham. He shouldn't be prolonging this as long as he has been. He should just give her the package and leave.

But he knows too much to just ignore their plans. From the sound of it, Noelle and Robin could get hurt.

So, like a fool, Daniel hesitated.

"Daniel," she says, no longer sounding sweet, "give me my package."

"What are your plans?" He asks instead. The glare she gives forces him to speak faster. "Please, I just want to make sure—"

"Give me my package, Daniel!" She yells, slapping her palms on the metal table. Daniel flinches but refuses to relent.

"Jade, please, I—"

Pain shoots through his head the moment it impacts the table. He can't help but cry out. He tries to lift his head only for a small hand to push it down. She allows him to turn his head to face her.

His frightened gaze meets her stern. "Daniel," she tsks, "you know I don't like it when you ask unnecessary questions. And you know I hate repeating myself."

Daniel lets out a grunt. "I'm...sorry."

Jade pouts before looking down at Daniel in pity. The hand holding his head down starts combing through his dirty blonde hair. "I'm sorry, Danny," she hums, "you know I hate hurting you like that."

Her petting continues for a few more moments. It would've been spent in silence if it weren't for the humming. Beau has shown no reaction to Jade's mood swings.

Despite not wanting to be touched by Jade, he couldn't help but revel in the few soft touches she's giving now.

That, and he was too scared to sit up without permission.

The petting slows to a stop, but her hand doesn't leave his hair. "I planned on explaining everything to you after I get my package."

Daniel looks up. "You were?"

"Of course," she practically coos. "You said you were on my side, right? I owe you that much, hon." She removes her hand from his hair before taking a seat. "I'll ask one more time: Daniel, pass me my package?"

Daniel looks down at his lap where the package lays. I could run away, he thinks to himself, maybe I can make it to the gate before they can.

Even he knew that was a dumb idea.

Jade was looking at him expectantly, and Daniel didn't want another bruise on his head. He didn't want to disappoint himself by handing over the package, but he didn't want to disappoint Jade either.

So he gives the package to her.

"Good boy," she praises, gently taking it from him. She uses her nail to cut through the tape. "Don't be scared, alright?"

She pulls the cardboard flaps open before peeking inside. Whatever's in there must be everything she needs because she's grinning.

She reaches in the small box before pulling out what looks to be another, smoother, box. She flips open the lid of that before letting out a wistful sigh.

"Thank you, Danny," she thanks. She looks into his eyes, looking so pleased with everything. She reveals the different lipsticks secured in the box.

At the sight of the lipsticks, Daniel's heart plummets. Memories of being her guinea pig came flooding back. He thought he'd locked them away for good.

"We can finally get out of here and achieve our goals," Beau speaks up, smirking at the teen's frightened expression.

"Y-Your goals...?" Daniel stutters out, switching his gaze between Jade and Beau.

"I'll get my sister back," Beau starts

"And I'll be reunited with my love!" Jade finishes happily. She looks down at her lipsticks again before glancing at the empty perfume bottle in the box. "Damian will finally be mine."

Damian?

Something clicks in Daniel's mind.

10/5/21
howdy, loves. short chapter, my bad, but it pertains to the plot so that's nice?

also, I feel like I haven't acknowledged y'all in a hot second but THANK YOU FOR 90K READS? AND 4K VOTES?

ugh! It sucks that this is almost over, but thank you for sticking by this book for the year and a half journey it's been on so far.

until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 120 7
when Damian disobeys orders during patrol to save peoples lives when the duo get back to the cave Damian gets yelled at but doesn't expect the hit ac...
267K 9.6K 48
Mixed Messages: Could you fall in love with someone you've met before? Never seen, never touched, never heard, never felt? Most people think it's im...
1M 19.3K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...
610 7 11
Damian Wayne has always been a loner. Raised by Ra's Al Ghul didn't set him up well for the real world. That was all true until he moved in with Batm...