Painkiller: Gotham's Finest

By kamjaxson

This book follows Khalil (Painkiller), as he sets off to Gotham to find the truth about himself, until he enc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Gotham's Finest
Chapter 2: Bailed Out
Chapter 3: Bruce Who?
Chapter 4: Bat-Killer
Chapter 5: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 1
Chapter 6: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 2
Chapter 7: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 3
Chapter 8: The Proton Ring Hunt: Part 4
Chapter 9: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 5
Chapter 10: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 6
MIDBOOK TRAILER
Chapter 11: The Jokester
Chapter 12: Mommy's Home
Chapter 13: "Delivery for Bruce Wayne"
Chapter 14: Duo Duel
Chapter 16: Sorrows and Surprises
Chapter 17: The Removal of All Pains
Chapter 18: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Painkiller
Chapter 19: Yin and Yang
Chapter 20: Gotham's Finest

Chapter 15: The Greatest Sacrifice

50 4 0
By kamjaxson

"Oh my god!", they all say together.

"What is this?', Khalil asks.

"A little Deja Vu if you must", Joker says coming around the corner.

"Deja Vu for who?", Dinah asks struggling. 

"For me, I was put in this situation before", Bruce says also struggling.

"You've been dangled over a lava pit?", Dinah ask.

"No, but I've had to save people from this situation", Bruce says.

"Well let me return the favor", Lightning says.

Lightning quickly flies up to help them.

"Atatata", Joker says, "I wouldn't try that if I were you."

"Why not?", Lightning asks.

"When one gets saved the other one dies", Joker says.

"Then we'll save them both, I'll get Bruce, Dionte you get Dinah", Lightning says.

"I really want to, but every time I use my nuclear blast, my powers weaken, so I can't fly up and do anything", Dionte says.

"So what do we do?", Lightning asks.

"I'll let the riddler give you a hand with that", Joker says.

Lightning flies back to the ground.

"Not this again!", Lightning says.

Riddler walks around the corner.

"What is without taste or sound, all around, but can't be found? On you mark get set.....", The Riddler starts.

"I remember this riddle", Bruce starts, "its.....".

"Death, Death without taste, sound and all around us", Khalil says getting it, "But there is no way for us to save them, with one flier", he says motioning to Lightning.

"Meaning this is one big death trap", Thunder says finishing Khalil's statement.

"Excellent, See, Who says a team of young kids, can't be smart?", Riddler suggest.

"Well can someone explain it to me,  What does he want us to do?", Lightning asks.

"He wants us to choose between the two", Khalil says. 

"Or sacrifice one of yourselves", Joker says

"That's crazy!", Lightning says.

"Which is why I have a plan, Lightning all you need to do is focus on saving Bruce leave me Dinah", Khalil replies turning and whispering something to Thunder.

"But Khalil, you can't fly", Lightning says.

"Let me handle this, focus on your task, and whatever happens, happens", Khalil says. 

"Time's up", Riddler states, "And since you couldn't make a decision, both have to die!".

Just then both chains snap and Bruce and Dinah begin Freefalling. 

"Now!", Khalil yells.

Lightning flies up to catch Bruce. Thunder grabs Khalil and throws him into Dinah, the two collide and fall onto the ledge across the lava pit, the impact causes Khalil to get mad. Lightning and Bruce land back on the ground with Thunder and Dionte. 

"We did it!", Lightning says taking a deep breath.

Joker screams angrily.

"Screw this!", Joker says, "Either you sacrifice one of your little teammates, or I blow the whole place up, choose wisely".

Just then a door opens in the corner and a bomb sits in a glass case.

"We would never make that decision", Dionte says

"I wouldn't be so sure about that!", Joker says looking over at Khalil and Dinah.

Dinah hangs on to the ledge, she reaches up for Khalil's hand but he doesn't bend down to help her.

"Khalil, what are you doing, help her", Bruce says.

"Khalil's checked out, you're speaking with Painkiller now, be sure to leave a message", Painkiller says.

"Oh no!", Thunder says taking a deep breath.

Painkiller walks up to Dinah holding on for dear life. 

"You know, you've tried to kill me multiple times, now Bruce might trust you now, but to me you're still the enemy, now the crazy lunatic up there, says we have to sacrifice someone, or we all die, so why not let it be you", Painkiller says stepping on one of her hands.

"Khalil wait, you don't have to do this", Lightning says.

"MY NAME IS PAINKILLER!", Painkiller shouts.

"I know, but I'm not talking to you", Lightning says, "Khalil, you can regain control, just fight it"

"Khalil can't do shit right now, and you heard the man, one of us has to die", Painkiller says.

"Then sacrifice me instead", Bruce says.

"Oh trust, that can be arranged", Painkiller says pulling Dinah up.

He pulls out his sword and begins walking around the edge toward, Bruce. Suddenly he starts to twitch.

"What's happening?", Bruce asks.

"Kahlil's trying to regain control", Dionte states.

Inside Khalil's Head:

Khalil walks into the room behind Painkiller.

"I'm here to take back control", Khalil says.

"You can have control, right after I save both of our lives", Painkiller says not even turning around.

Khalil runs up on Painkiller from behind, but without even looking Painkiller back kicks him in the stomach. Khalil falls to the ground grunting.

"Are you serious?", Painkiller asks, "You seriously want to tangle with me?"

"It's about time, I fought my demons", Khalil says grabbing his sword.

Painkiller shrugs his shoulders and squares up. Khalil runs up to him swings his sword, but Painkiller blocks it, Khalil tries again. They go back and forth like this for about a minute or so, until Painkiller, pulls his sword out and swings it at Khalil, they collide swords, then push off of each other. Khalil runs up again on Painkiller, but this time he slide across the ground and cuts him in the leg. 

"Ahhhh", Painkiller yells looking down at his leg.

When he looks back up, Khalil is standing up, holding on to a chain. 

"You sure you want to tangle with me?", Khalil asks.

"You don't have, chain fighting skills", Painkiller says.

"Whatever you have, I have!", Khalil says as he swings the chain.

It wraps around Painkillers neck, he yanks on the chain, pulling Painkiller to him, and when he's in arms reach, he flips over his head and pulls it from behind, knocking Painkiller out. 

In Real Life:

Khalil falls to his knees. 

"I'm sorry guys, that wasn't me!", Khalil says.

"We know!", Bruce says.

"I don't know what that was, but it was stupid", Joker starts, "And I'm tired of waiting".

He pulls out a remote.

"Wait, I'll do it!", Dinah says.

"What no, Jokers just bluffing", Bruce says nervously.

"And what if he isn't, I'm not about to let a team of good hero's die", Dinah says walking to the edge of the cliff. 

"Don't do this!", Bruce says trying to get over to her.

"Sorry Bruce!", Dinah says jumping, screaming going down.

Lightning flies down to save her but the sonic waves from her screen blows her back.

"NOOOO!", Bruce yells.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 125 21
In this story Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa race against the clock to track down their team and bring them back safe, but whoever said it was gonna be easy, r...
6.6K 275 26
This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (Thunder) and Jennifer (Lightning) protec...
967 22 12
Circa 2019 before season 3 began. Freeland, Black Lightning and family deal with the aftermath of season 2. I wrote this script in 2019 to submit to...
391 60 23
Krysten, a trained assassin is searched by Aaron, the badass cop who desires to kill her. One night, they met and led their bottled-up desires flow...