The Shadow [On Hold]

By Geeky_LittleBookworm

The Doctor was a name that was feared throughout the stars, but there's one name that creates even more immen... More

Part One Face Claims
Aesthetics
Prologue
The End of the World
The End of the World Part 2
Dalek
Dalek Part 2
The Long Game
The Long Game Part Two
Fathers Day
Side Face Claim
Side Mission
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf Part 2
The Parting Of The Ways
Part Two Face Claims
Announcement
The Christmas Invasion
The Christmas Invasion Part 2
A New Time Lord
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw Part 2
Lil Information
You're Not Her
New Oder Of Updating
School Reunion
School Reunion Part Two
School Reunion Part Three
Rise of The Cyberman
The Age of Steel
The Age of Steel Part Three
Small Visits
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts Part Two/ Doomsday
The Aftermath
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride Part Two
The Runaway Bride Part Three
The Runaway Bride Part Four
Meet the new Regenerated Alfie!
Smith and Jones
Smith and Jones Part Two
Gridlock
Gridlock Part Two
Gridlock Part Three
The Wolves of New Orleans
The Wolves of New Orleans Part Two
The Wolves of New Orleans Part Three
The Wolves of New Orleans Part Four
The Wolves of New Orleans Part Five
Blink
A Break

The Age of Steel Part Two

1.7K 73 4
By Geeky_LittleBookworm

"Come on! Come on! Come on!" Mickey anxiously called as Celeste and Ricky start to climb the chain link fence. Celeste stops climbing and glares at the approaching Cyberman, she screams, making all the cybermen explode in a burst of golden light. Slightly sluggishly, she climbs the fence joining the two doppelgangers. Mickey lets her lean against him as they start walking again.

"Thank you..." Ricky quietly mutters to her, she gives him a small raise of the eyebrow. "I shouldn't of been such an asshole"

"It's about time" Mickey snapped at him, protective of the girl he'd come to see as a little sister. 

The trio find the others and Jake sighs in relief at the sight of the two doppelgangers, Rose hugs Mickey who keeps a firm hold on Celeste. The Doctor comes over and gently takes his girlfriend, a silent question in the air as he looks at Mickey. 

"She destroyed the Cybermen, they would've gotten Ricky and her otherwise." Rose's boyfriend quickly explains as he see's the rising fury in the Time Lord's eyes. 

"Do you need to go back to the TARDIS?" The Doctor whispers quietly to his girlfriend, she shakes her head and they start to make their way to the power station. 

********************

"It's freezing." Mrs Moore shivers and Alfie squints into the darkness, a chill travelling up his back.

"Any sign of a light switch?" Samuel asks, the Doctor already suspiciously looking around him. Both of the Time Lords wished that Celeste was with them but she was adamant about going with Mickey, something the boy seemed grateful for. 

"Can't see a thing. But I've got these. A device for every occasion." Mrs Moore proudly whips out several pairs of headbands with torches on them, the Doctor lighting up like a child at Christmas.

"Ooo!" Alfie shakes his head with a small smile at the older Time Lord, he had come to see the Doctor as an older brother figure and he hoped that they could tell Celeste of the bond soon.

"Put it on."

"Haven't got a hotdog in there, have you? I'm starving." Samuel dramatically grasps his stomach and the Doctor sniggered quietly. 

"Of all the things to wish for. That's mechanically recovered meat." Mrs Moore wrinkles her nose and Samuel just shrugs, he'll eat anything.

"I know. It's the Cyberman of food, but it's tasty."

"A proper torch as well." Alfie comments, nodding his head in approval.

"Let's see where we are." The Doctor looks down the tunnel and a small frown sets into his face, his voice becoming slightly emotionless. "Already converted, just put on ice. Come on."

"Let's go slowly. Keep an eye out for trip systems." Alfie taps on one of the Cybermen gently, a sigh being released from his body when they don't move.

"Time Lords first"

********************

Celeste is the first up on the roof and she helps Jake up, Mickey coming to stand beside the two. 

"Two guards. We can take them." Jake puts a hand on a hidden weapon and Celeste shoots him a glare.

"Don't kill them." Mickey snaps at him, anger also evident in his eyes.

"Who put you in charge?" Jake snaps back, both of them squaring each other up.

"I did, now cut it out" Celeste glares at the both of them, her eyes burning golden. "If you kill them, what's the difference between you and the Cybermen? So cut it out Jake, otherwise I'll push you off this roof myself"

"W-well, I suppose we could use these." Jake gulps slightly, a small stutter in his voice though he tried to hide it.

"Smelling salts?" Mickey questioned, Celeste staring out into the view of the city, obviously deep in thought. 

"Bit stronger than that. One of Mrs Moore's little tricks. Should knock them out. Three, two, one."

Mickey and Jake run from their cover and appear behind the two guards, they put the bottles under their noses and the guards collapse. 

As if slightly bored, Celeste steps elegantly over their bodies after giving them a small kick in the ribs just to make sure they were unconscious. 

"There's got to be more guards on board the Zeppelin." Mickey says, a small spark in his eyes from the exhilaration. 

"Then let's go get them boys"

********************

"Doctor, did that one just move?" Mrs Moore questions, Samuel's hands instinctively flaring up into small flames. 

"It's just the torchlight. Keep going, come on" The Doctor calmly says, however a Cyberman starts to move near them and the quartet freeze. "They're waking up. Run!"

They run along the row, who fall in behind them and start clomping along. They all get to a ladder at the end of the tunnel and quickly start to climb up. 

"Get up! Quick! They're coming! Open it! Open it!"

"Hurry your skinny asses up!!" Samuel growls, flames rushing from his hands that temporarily blocking the Cybermen. 

"Samuel! Quickly!" The Doctor yells after his bonded's best friend and with one last look at the Cybermen, Samuel rushes up the ladder. 

The Doctor seals the trapdoor with the screwdriver and they all sigh in relief. 

"Oh good job, we make a good team"  

****************************

" Units upgraded now six thousand five hundred. Repeat. Six thousand five hundred and rising."

"You will wait." A Cyberman coldly orders Rose as Pete and her come to a stop, after a moment or two the Cyberman moves away and the pair of imposters have an opportunity to talk.

"You okay?" Pete whispers to Rose, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"No." She shortly replies, nerves shooting through her.

"Chamber six now open for human upgrading. All reject stock will be incinerated." A woman walks into a chamber. Multiple blades whir into action, then a Cyber head is lowered. Complete Cybermen walk out of chambers and clomp away.

"Any sign of Jackie?" However Rose doesn't get to reply as a Cyberman walks up to the pair, fear holding both of the humans.

"You are Peter Tyler. Confirm you are Peter Tyler." Demanded the Cyberman.

"Confirmed."

"I recognise you. I went first. My name was Jacqueline Tyler." Pete fought the sob that rose inside of him, sorrow for his lost wife.

"No!" Rose cried, blowing their cover.

"What?" Pete asked quietly, emotions evident on his face.

"They are unprogrammed. Restrain." 

"You're lying. You're not her. You're not my Jackie!" Pete insisted, fighting against the Cybermen restraining him. 

"No, I am Cyber-form. Once I was Jacqueline Tyler." Tears streamed down Rose's face as she tried to remind herself that her mother was safe in another universe. 

"But you can't be. Not her." Pete insisted again, disbelief in his voice despite knowing the truth deep down. 

"Her brain is inside this body." 

"Jacs, I came to save you." 

"This man worked with Cybus Industries to create our species. He will be rewarded by force. Take them to Cyber Control." 

The pair are escorted away, both with tears on their face as they mourned for Jackie. 

"They killed her. They just took her and killed her."

**************************

Celeste dumps the guards bodies on the floor, hidden from sight. 

"Nice one. Nobody's home. Find the transmitter controls." Jake tells her and Mickey, excitement in his voice. 

"What do they look like?" Mickey asks, a small smile on his face as Celeste experimentally presses random buttons she finds. 

"What do you think the possibility is of them having Transmitter Controls written in big red letters?" Celeste murmurs, Mickey sniggering when he hears what she said. "Hm? Not high? Okay that's sucks, maybe we can pop something in a suggestion box for when they next get robbed?"

"Cyberman!" Jake yells suddenly, Celeste instantly appearing at his side. She lays a hand cautiously on it's metal head and it disappears in a golden light. 

"Where did it go?" Mickey asks her, curiosity in his eyes. 

"I sent it to the Void, better safe than sorry. It's a trick I've been working on"

"Okay." Jake responds, slightly confused. "Let's find the transmitter."

**********************

"You are not upgraded." A Cyberman corners the quartet and Samuel opens his hands in anticipation.

"Yeah? Well, upgrade this." Mrs Moore smirks and throws a small rod with copper wire wrapped around it. It sticks to the metal and the Cyberman jerks, then sparks and collapses.

Electromagnetic bomb, well done Mrs Moore!!" Alfie praises her and she gives a small smile in return.

" I figured it might stop the cyber-suit."

"You figured right. Now, let's have a look. Know your enemy. A logo on the front. Lumic's turned them into a brand. Heart of steel, but look." The Doctor removes the logo on the chest and the inside is made up of more than just electronics. 

"Is that flesh?" Samuel questions, his nose wrinkling in disgust. 

"Hmmm. Central nervous system. Artificially grown then threaded throughout the suit so it responds like a living thing. Well, it is a living thing. Oh, but look. Emotional inhibitor. Stops them feeling anything." 

"But why?" Moore questions, pity in her eyes.

"It's still got a human brain. Imagine its reaction if it could see itself, realise itself inside this thing. They'd go insane." Alfie explains, crouching next the Doctor, anger in the young Time Lord's eyes.

"So they cut out the one thing that makes them human." Samuel's tone is filled with disgust, Celeste had explained how bad it was too him but it's another thing to see it in real life.

"Because they have to."

"Why am I cold?" The Cyberman's voice is weak and suddenly contains an underlay of emotions.

"Oh, my God. It's alive. It can feel." Mrs Moore had tears gathering in her eyes and Samuel wrapped an arm around her in support. 

"We broke the inhibitor. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." The Doctor's voice broke slightly and Alfie gave him a look of understanding.

"Why so cold?"

"Can you remember your name?" The Doctor gently asks the Cyberman, the air thick with sadness.

"Sally. Sally Phelan. Where's Gareth?"

"Who's Gareth?" 

"He can't see me. It's unlucky the night before."

"You're getting married." Mrs Moore gasped and Samuel stood up, climbing up onto a nearby pole structure. He ignores Alfie's questioning looks and rubs his hands together with a determined look in his eyes. 

"I'm cold. I'm so cold." 

"It's all right. You sleep now, Sally. Just go to sleep." Alfie softly soothes and the Doctor puts the sonic screwdriver inside the chest cavity, switching her off for good.

"Sally Phelan didn't die for nothing, because that's the key. The emotional inhibitor. If we could find the code behind it, the cancellation code, then feed it throughout the system into every Cyberman's head, they'd realise what they are." Sadness was in the Doctor's eyes as he explained his plan, though a moment later it was replaced with a hard look of determination.

"And what happens then?"

"I think it would kill them. Could we do that?" Alfie looks to the Doctor for confirmation and he gives a short nod. 

"We've got to. Before they kill everyone else. There's no choice, Doctor. It's got to be done." Mrs Moore says determinedly, she stands up and gasps as a Cyberman's hand is inches away from her shoulder. Just as she is about to die, Samuel leaps from his higher advantage point and pushes her to the ground, the Cyberman's hand electrocutes Samuel instead making him grunt in pain. The electricity lights his skin up and he makes the Cyberman explode despite his intense pain. 

"Samuel!" The Doctor rushes to the demon who is grinning eerily as the electricity fades from his body. 

"That's one less on the list" He grunts, his eyes flickering black before they return to normal. "Damn that hurts like a bitch" 

"Thank you" Mrs Moore says after she moves on from her shock, she would be dead if it wasn't for Samuel.

The moment is cut short as more Cyberman flood into the area and surround the quartet. 

"Sensors detect a binary vascular system. You are an unknown upgrade. You will be taken for analysis." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 33 21
Stranded alone after the Last Great Time War. Alone with the grief and guilt. One hundred years alone on Earth, forced to become like everyone else...
34.4K 945 23
The Doctor was investigating the Nestene Consciousness and possibly a potential companion. Then he gained a different interest, Rose Tyler's new tate...
2.4K 79 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...
15.7K 1.2K 35
The Doctor and Rose have to deal with an interesting person. Though they were not expecting it, Shereen, one of Rose's best friends, gets involved wi...