An Owl House Fanfiction (Empe...

By BrittaDreamer

A few weeks after Luz arrives in the Boiling Isles, there was another human. However, she lands in the Empero... More

Prologue: Sleeping Beauty
Part 1: Dawn
Part 2: Awakening
Part 4: Confrontation
Part 5: Silbi
Part 6: Emptiness
Part 7: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 1
Part 8: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 2
Bonus Chapter: Oracle Dream
Part 9: The Witchling Moves In
Part 10: Settle Your Claws
Part 11: Midnight Discussion
Part 12: The Wild Witch
Part 13: A New Season
Part 14: Feels Like a Dream
Part 15: The Training Begins
Part 16: Powerlessness
1st place?! Whooo!!!
Part 17: Unicorns, Gnomes, and Frogs! Oh, My!
Part 18: Prince Charming
Part 19: Lost in the Music
Part 20: Hunter and Silbi Moments [UPDATED 1.0!]
Part 21: Raine Whispers and Doubt Sprouts
Part 22: Distrust
Part 23: Luz and the Dream Spell
Part 24: Philip Wittebane pt. 1
Part 25: Philip Wittebane pt. 2
Part 26: Darius and Terra
Part 27: The Head of the Abomination Coven
Part 28: Jealousy
Part 29: Prophetic Nightmare
Part 30: . . . Friend?
Part 31: Yulong, Silbi and Belos
Part 32: Empress and the Blights
Part 33: Belos and Dawn
Part 34: Precautions
Part 35: Lore and More
Part 36: Hollow Mind pt. 1
Part 37: Hollow Mind pt. 2
Part 38: Hollow Mind pt. 3
Part 39: Separation
Part 40: Hurt
Part 41: Broken
Part 42: Torment
Part 43: Silbi Sliverling and Thy Creature
Part 44: Lucid Tales of Grim Romance
Part 45: Deceitful Lovers pt. 1
Part 46: Deceitful Lovers pt. 2
Part 47: Bountiful Heart pt. 1
Part 48: Bountiful Heart pt. 2
Part 49: Day Before Unity
Part 50: The Day of Unity pt. 1
Part 51: The Day of Unity pt. 2
Part 52:The Day of Unity pt. 3
Part 53: The Day of Unity pt. 4
Part 54: The Human Realm

Part 3: New Life

2.7K 68 25
By BrittaDreamer

Dawn had fallen asleep at her bedside while books and notes surround her. She had been up all night trying to study the Boiling Isles, but with no sleep and no food, she had weakened. Dawn tried so hard to resist sleep and kept nodding off with a book in hand. She feels herself falling deeper before quickly forcing herself to wake up.

"No! Nrgh . . . Darn it all," said Dawn drowsily and rubs her eyes.

She even started making the hat for Silbi just to keep her mind busy. Dawn rubs her brows and hears her stomach growl. She sighs and leans her head back and looks around. "Right. Still here. Oi . . ."

Her legs had fallen asleep being in position for so long making her wince in pain. She holds on to the bed and took a breath before hearing her door open. She quickly shoves Silbi's hat and material under her bed and looks up to meet the person.

It was a different witch this time: a tall, slender woman with dark green hair and bright green eyes and an air of nobility. She holds a white staff with what appears to be a raven at the top. Dawn blinks and felt a little embarrassed for still wearing her nightgown.

"Good morning. You must be Dawn, the human," said Lilith and examines Dawn's messy room. "My, you've certainly made yourself . . . comfortable here."

"Sorry. I-I was afraid to sleep . . ." admitted Dawn. She was never a good liar.

"No need. My name is Lilith Clawthorne, head of the Emperor's Coven," said Lilith and examines Dawn herself. "Have you been awake all night long? I've also heard you haven't eaten your meals."

"I wasn't hungry," said Dawn when her stomach growls loudly. She blushes deeply and hugs her stomach to muffle the sound and gave Lilith a nervous chuckle.

Lilith narrows her eyes at Dawn and raises a brow. "Mm-hm. Well, let's get you ready and have you eat something. You're a human and Emperor Belos wants you well. We all know how fragile humans can be, and with your condition, it's best to take care of your body."

"Yes, ma'am," replied Dawn as she tries to wake her legs and pick herself up.

"Emperor Belos has prepared you a full wardrobe, so I suggest wearing something from there and show your appreciation," said Lilith. "I am ordered to escort you to the dining hall and then the throne room. Emperor Belos will be pleased to see you awake."

". . . Right." Somehow Dawn doubts that.

In the back of her mind, Emperor Belos gives her a lot of red flags and she prefers to avoid him. There was something creepy about him. Well, actually, a whole lot of somethings. Dawn felt his threatening motives oozing out of him and how he casually speaks to her like some inferior animal. The mask creeped her out the most and seeing his eyes glow from there sends her a strong message. Don't toy with me, human, she imagined.

Lilith waits outside the room while Dawn tries on the new clothes given to her. Strangely enough, there are modern clothes here in this weird world. She was curious how the other witches here thought of her when she appeared out of nowhere in her princess costume. She glances back at her bed and sees the princess dress peeking out.

She took a deep breath in and exhale. "Guess I'll finish the hat later."

Dawn comes out of her room and peeks her head out. She wore a sky blue sweater and white loose pants that felt soft to her. As much as she likes baggy jeans, and there are in the wardrobe, she didn't want to look disrespectful to the emperor.

Dawn follows Lilith downstairs and, like last time, she felt eyes everywhere. She glances back and wonders what makes her feel this way. It then reminded her of the hand out of the wall yesterday and quickly she distance herself from the walls.

Lilith takes Dawn to the dining hall and a hot meal was prepared for her. Dawn stares at the plate oddly since it looked like a literal monster version of eggs with bacon, pancakes, and toast. I'm guessing they don't know what humans eat, do they? thought Dawn as she takes her seat.

Despite the sight, her stomach growls loudly again and Dawn felt her mouth water. She picks up her fork and knife and cuts a piece of the egg and takes a bite. Dawn blinks surprised. Strangely enough, these eggs taste like normal eggs. Dawn stares at the food more hungrily now and starts eating her fill.

"Oh, my gosh! Everything tastes so good!" Dawn said after chewing her food and took a sip of whatever drink that tastes like coffee and smiles relieved.

 A light chuckle was heard followed by a chilling voice. "I'm glad you like it."

Dawn gasps and drops her fork on the plate before looking to her right. Lilith bows her head while Emperor Belos enters the room with Kikimora following behind him.

"Good morning, Dawn," said Emperor Belos while he walks around Dawn's chair. "How are we feeling today?"

Dawn swallows her food and holds back a choke before glancing up at the emperor. "I-I'm feeling fine now, thank you."

"Really? Because I heard you refused to eat anything yesterday and even stayed up all night reading," said Emperor Belos while Dawn's face goes pale.

She then felt the emperor's hand on her shoulder and spoke close to her ear. "We are being very generous with you, Dawn. Any other witch would've chopped you up to bits and sell you at the night market."

Dawn felt the room grew darker and colder as looks away from Emperor Belos's face. Her heart pounds nervously and fearfully. Emperor Belos noticed her expression as he places his finger under Dawn's chin and makes her face him.

"But the Titan has plans for you, my dear," said Emperor Belos as he coldly stares down on Dawn's face. "And I must follow them."

Dawn stares back at Emperor Belos nervously while his touch felt familiar. She asks, "You . . . You're not gonna send me home, are you?"

Lilith and Kikimora gasp softly before looking back at their emperor. The emperor continues to stare at Dawn's expression before letting go of her chin and chuckles. His chuckle turned into a light laugh that was wicked yet deep and menacing. The voice of nightmares, Dawn thought.

Emperor Belos then let out a sigh after his laugh before turning to Dawn. "You amuse me, my dear, but misunderstood me. We will send you home. Simple as that. You just need to be patient, that's all."

Dawn blinks surprised. Did it sound genuine, or blunt? Is he serious about sending her home? Is he really going to help? Dawn was confused while he leaves the dining room. Kikimora follows after him while Belos said one last thing.

"Do try to take care of yourself, Dawn. It would be quite a shame if you did not return home to your family."

And with that, Emperor Belos leaves while Dawn was left alone with Lilith. She goes to Dawn and exclaimed, "Are you out of your mind?! You can't doubt Emperor Belos like that?!"

"But he be creepy!" countered Dawn and frowns like a child. "When will he send me home?! Is he going to help me?!"

"He will! He always keeps his word!" said Lilith before clearing her throat. "Never mind. Now, while you're here I'll explain everything about the Boiling Isles and our system here. Make sure you pay attention."

Dawn nodded as she continues her breakfast.

~~~

After breakfast, Dawn was sent back to her room since Lilith has missions to do. Dawn grabs a paper and pen and wrote down everything she learned.

The Boiling Isles, a place full of witches and demons. No humans. Apparently, there are "coven systems" here, which is supposed to be a "proper" way for witches to use magic. Is that a thing? Ain't magic supposed to be free or something? I don't think the books at home have anything like that.

Dawn looks back at her writing before seeing her dress under her bed. She gets on her knees and takes out her princess costume, which had been cut and use for making Silbi's hat. Dawn was glad she had her mini sewing kit in her purse when she came here. She gets back to work on finishing the hat and spends her day in her room.

That's how it has been for the next few days.

After the first, Dawn has been kept in her room and told to stay there for her safety. It made sense to her since she could tell the guards were busy and sometimes come back with dangerous criminal witches or beasts here. So she stays in her room all day, and the only time she would come out was to eat her meals. Sometimes she would see the emperor in the morning, but he seems like a busy man because after that Dawn wouldn't see him often.

Dawn was a patient and obedient girl so she didn't need much. She didn't want to impose on Lilith or Kikimora, especially since they are busy with their own work from the emperor. But Dawn was fine like this, especially since her sleeping curse hasn't come back. She has been sleeping normally and it's been 5 days since then.

Dawn finishes Silbi's hat and examines it carefully. She was proud of her work. It has been a while since she last saw Silbi. Will she come back? Or did even a little witch like her have work? School? Family? Dawn had thought, Why was she in the human world? Is it really unusual for witches to cross to the human realm? Can Emperor Belos even go to the human realm?

Dawn was concern about her trip home and decides to ask the emperor whenever she gets the chance. Dawn reaches for a pair of scissors to cut a loose thread when she suddenly feels drowsy.

"O-Oh . . ." Dawn's eyelids grow heavy and her body feels tired. "W-Why am I . . . sleepy?"

Dawn's vision turns blurry as she falls on to the floor and into a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.5K 37
An Owl House alternate universe What if Luz found the portal while she was just an infant, and she never met Eda. Instead she's a scared infant look...
37.6K 1.2K 17
(Y/n) (L/n) and her childhood friend Luz Noceda, have found themselves lost from home in the Demon Realm. While battling through demons and curses...
7.5K 266 23
Y/n is a teenager in a school called Hexside School of Magic and Demonics with her best friends Willow and Gus. One day, they end up stumbling upon a...
5.3K 255 47
AU: What if instead of going to her regular school Luz Noceda attended St. James School? What if she were to meet and become friends with a group of...