Thunder Wolf [B.Barnes]

By SepticGirliplier

"Put her down as easy as you can!" Steve shouted. "Well, Capsical, we aren't exactly going into a freezing oc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 13

5.8K 137 2
By SepticGirliplier

A few hours later, the Avengers plane landed outside the house, and everyone was getting ready to leave. Fern sighed, sitting on her bed with Natasha and Wanda; in the short time they'd been there, and with how little they'd gotten to spend time together, they had grown close. "I don't know if I can stand being in the house with Tony without you," Fern chuckled.

"You'll have Bucky; he'll make sure you don't hurt him," Natasha laughed, grabbing Fern's hand. "I'll come back, I promise. I haven't gotten to look around, and from what you told us, it's amazing what you can find out here."

"I agree; I want to visit the lake you were telling us about. I think Vision would enjoy the quiet; he'd like you as well." Wanda grinned, pulling Fern into a hug.

"Anyone is welcome, but I still have to work a few details out with the Thunderbird before we bring too many people around. She's maxing it out at five at the time for now." Fern sighed, holding her friends close to her.

"Don't worry; you'll figure it out." Wanda smiled.

"So, before we go, what's the deal with you and Bucky? We know the past; what about now and the future?" Natasha asked, standing to begin walking out of the room with them.

"Nothing, not right now at least. The Thunderbird only shows possibilities; it's up to us to make it happen." Fern shrugged.

"Well, from the looks of it, Bucky wants it to happen. So you better let it because when we come back, and you don't have some kind of juicy story to tell us, I will make it happen." Natasha smirked as they walked up to Bucky and Steve talking outside of the jet.

"Fern, I want you to meet a couple of people before we leave," Steve said, catching sight of them. The girls winked at her before Steve pulled Fern closer to the plane. "This is Peter Parker, Peter this is Fern."

"It's so cool to meet you, so you can talk to animals? What else can you do? Can you show me, please? Mr. Stark says that I can't stay, and Aunt May would kill me if I went away without telling her beforehand." Peter gushed, making Fern laugh.

"Ryker, give me a read on Peter, please? He'd like to see me talk to you." Fern laughed, calling Ryker over from where he sat next to Bucky. The wolf walked around the hyper teen boy sniffing at his hands. Ryker turned to her and snorted. "He says that you have too much energy, but you're extremely kind-hearted, and you only wish to please and help everyone. You need to stand up for yourself a little more and not let people push you around. Apparently, you're also damn near as smart as Tony, I'm impressed."

"Half of that you could have learned from Mr. Stark; how did he do that? How did you do that?" Peter asked, kneeling in front of Ryker, carefully petting the wolf's head.

"He can soul read or something like that. It's confusing, so really don't ask. I got struck by magical lightning, and I then could talk to animals, and I can control the earth and plants." Fern smiled, watching Peter stare at Ryker in amazement.

"You're really cool; I hope I can come back, and we can become friends." Peter smiled.

"Let me know. You're welcome here whenever Peter, everyone is. As long as you don't ask too many questions, and well, I won't tell you the big secret yet, next time." Fern smirked as Wanda pulled Peter away as he began to shout questions that he now had.

"He's never going to stop talking about it until he comes back," Steve chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "One more person, Fern, this is–"

"Fern."

"Clint?" Fern grinned as Clint picked her up in a hug.

"Shit, kid, you got big. I swear the last time I saw you, you were this tall," Clint laughed, holding his hand to his knee. Fern shoved Clint's shoulder at his joke.

"How do you two know each other?" Bucky asked, joining them standing next to Steve.

"Our families were friends; when Clint got into Shield, he'd come around every so often when he needed help. I think he's the only person to ever fly through here and not have the Thunderbird shoot him down," Fern laughed. "How are the kids and Laura? You need to bring them by."

"I thought you said you didn't get visitors." Natasha walked over, hugging Clint. "Also, why did you never tell me about this beautiful human? I'm upset."

"I was sworn to secrecy; she wouldn't let me. I found her after the Hydra shit, and I took care of her for a while. Top secret she is." Clint chuckled, looking to the mountain, "Any improvements?"

"He was. I didn't want anyone to find us after Hydra; I think three people know. One of them is dead, so that leaves Clint and Fury." Fern smiled. "Yes improvements, she talked to me for the first time today. We've sorted a few things out." Clint laughed, pulling Fern into another hug.

"That's good to hear. Unfortunately, we're on a schedule, but Tony said he got the computer system working so, be sure you call me. Understand?" Clint pointed his finger at Fern like a father, and they both laughed.

"Understood. Get out of here, you old man," Fern pushed Clint to the jet as everyone started to get on, giving her hugs as they went, promising to come back soon, and she better not ignore them if they call.

"Hey, when I get back, you think you could set me up with a Falcon? You know, because," Sam smirked.

"I'll see what I can do Sam, ask Clint about his Hawk; he's pretty cool." Fern hugged Sam, taking a step back from the jet as everyone waved as the door closed.

Bucky grabbed her hand, pulling her further back from the jet as it began to pick up from the ground. "You sure are full of secrets," He laughed, watching the jet fly away from them.

"Sometimes, I forget my secrets; that's how secret they are," Fern laughed, pulling him into the house behind her. "So, Tony, what more have you done to my house?" She asked, noticing the boxes of items resting in the kitchen.

"Nothing much; I'm just stalking everything up. I thought that if we were going to be around more, everyone could use a few things they're used to. That and we've used your resources since being here, and I thought it only fit to replace it." Tony shrugged, pulling a lid for a box and checked what was inside of it. "You know, now that we know you're a thing and you've got things situated with the Thunderbird, I was thinking of making you a suit, in case we ever maybe needed someone with your talents."

"I don't think so Tony, I'm happy to have everyone here, but I'm not exactly the combat type. I didn't ever finish my training like Hydra wanted, so I'm no good there." Fern shook her head. Tony's offer sounded like a lot; she didn't want to be called out on some Avengers mission.

"Bucky could train you again. I mean, those skills aren't exactly a bad thing to have; when was the last time you used your powers other than talking to animals? Maybe there's more than you know of," Tony raised his eyebrow at her. "I've already got a design, so I'm going to do it anyway." Tony picked up a box carrying it to the lab where he'd surely be for the rest of his visit.

"He's not wrong, you know. I could train you again; it would make me feel better knowing you didn't have to rely on a giant mythical bird to defend yourself." Bucky sat on the island, pulling Fern to stand between his legs. "I'd like to see what you remember as well."

"I remember plenty; I can take down a full-grown Elk racing at me with ease. I'm sure I can handle an old man with a metal arm," Fern smirked, stepping away from Bucky as she snickered to herself.

"You know, doll, I'd take you down right here if I wasn't worried about hurting that pretty little face of yours," Bucky's voice was deep, deeper than Fern had ever heard it. He stood, stepping up to Fern, causing her to press her back into the wall. Fern held her breath; she wasn't ready for Bucky to get so close so fast. Their chests pressed together, noses bumping, lips nearly touching.

"Bucky," Fern breathed out, staring into his blue eyes; she could drown in those eyes.

"Fern," Bucky replied, tilting his head to the side with a smirk. "You okay, doll?"

"F–Fine," Fern nodded, placing her hands on Bucky's chest pushing him back. "It's late, and I would like a shower."

"Mind if I join?" Bucky laughed as she raced away. Fern didn't answer him as she ran into her room and into the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. She was beet red, and she couldn't believe what had just happened.

"I think I better call Nat later because I don't know what to do." Fern shivered, noticing the chill on her with Bucky no longer pressed up against her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Dangerous By <3

Fanfiction

475K 9.9K 26
"I'm dangerous" "So am I" ---- Y/n's life was hard enough as it is, hiding from Hydra isn't exactly a walk in the park. But now she's somehow joine...
696K 17.9K 67
BOOK ONE OF THE TONY STARK'S DAUGHTER SERIES (OCxLoki) ~ "I can't remember who I am... who I was! Do you know how that feels!?" I exclaimed with tear...
538K 15.7K 52
"You lived among the shadows all your life and suddenly you seek the light?" "Crazy I don't want to listen to you-" "I think she's allowed to choose...
305K 7.5K 29
"Hello little girl what are you doing out in the street... all alone." A greasy looking stranger mutters as I walk by. He makes the mistake of grabbi...