All About Us

By ashleyy15

Alison is your average girl. She has been leading an ordinary life with her best friend, Jason of two years... More

All About Us
Chapter 1: The Boy From England
Chapter 2: Rooming Together
Chapter 3: Terrible Two
Chapter 4: Home Alone
Chapter 5: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 6: The Boys
Chapter 7: Summer with the Walkers
Chapter 8: The Beach House
Chapter 9: Movies With The Walkers
Chapter 10: The Green Monster
Chapter 11: New Comfort
Chapter 12: Dinner With The Carters
Chapter 13: Sabotaged
Chapter 14: Ex-girlfriend
Chapter 15: Date In Paris
Chapter 16: Sleepless
Chapter 17: Memories and flashbacks
Chapter 18: Reunited
Chapter 19: Kiss Stealing
Chapter 20: White Dresses Of Horror
Chapter 21: A stranger's advice
Chapter 22: Cuddle With Me
Chapter 23: No More Secrets
Chapter 24: Moments
Chapter 25: Christmas With You
Chapter 26: The Past Comes To Haunt
Chapter 27: The Breakup
Chapter 28: Goodbye?
Chapter 29: Broken Hearts
Chapter 30: Beneath It All
Chapter 31: Wedding Cancelled
Chapter 33: Til the end
What is after 'All About Us'?

Chapter 32: The Date

7.5K 202 19
By ashleyy15

Falling in love is the single most expressive feeling a person can have. Losing that love suddenly, can be the most painful feeling a person can have. 

32. - The Date

Alison

          After an hour of ice-skating, most of us were exhausted and hungry. I couldn't count how many times Jamie had complain about her hunger. Getting tired of her constant complains, I suggested to everyone that we could head back to my place to grab some lunch. But Keith suggested that we should continue our celebration at an italian restaurant. Heaving a sigh, I reluctantly followed after the group as they dashed towards the car. 

          "It's not that bad." Jason whispered to me when he saw my unpleased look. I've just taken a bite of the meatball from my spaghetti and it honestly tasted terrible. It tasted like a mixture of dried grass and unfresh meat. I reluctantly swallowed it and narrowed my eyes at Jason. 'Not that bad'? Was he serious? 

          "Oh? Try this then." I said, shoving a meatball into his mouth with my spoon. I felt his shoulders tensed as he spitted it out. The waitress gave him a disapproving look before walking away, obviously offended by him. 

          "Okay, I take that back." He said, putting both his hands up in surrender. "You're not the only one who isn't liking the food, though." He pointed over to where Myra was sitting and my eyes followed to her direction. 

          Her eyes were completely fixed on her food as she used her fork to poke her meatball occasionally. Keith, who was sitting beside her, glanced at her from time to time. And if my eye sight wasn't wrong, I saw him smiled at her too. My eyes widened as I realized what was going on. I excused myself from the table before pulling Keith by the sleeve towards the bathroom. 

          He looked at me curiously while being pulled. "What's up?" He asked, trying to sound casual when we stopped right in front of the bathroom. I bet if anyone saw us, they would think we were insane while having a conversation in front of the loo. "Alison, make it quick. Myra is probably lonely at the table." 

          "Myra Myra Myra. You like her, don't you?" I asked him, getting straight to the point. Oh great Alison, you just made things awkward for you and Keith. Keith hung his head low as he fixed his gaze on the floor, refusing to meet my gaze. "I think you guys would look cute together." 

           Keith looked at me, surprised. "I don't know, she looks so fragile and small, I just feel like protecting her, you know?" I nodded anyways, even though I didn't really know because I was always the one who was being protected. "What if she doesn't want to be protected?" 

          I remembered when I was fourteen, I was so convinced that I was a big girl, that I didn't need anyone's company. I went to this little theatre near my street at night, which was probably the most stupid thing I've done so far. After the movie ended, it was already close to midnight and I was foolish enough to not even be scared of walking alone. There was a guy who looked about thirty who asked me if I wanted to follow him home, that he would give me something nice to eat. He started to drag me towards his car, I knew I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for Jason following me the whole time. He saw what was going on and immediately threatened to call the police. Basically, the guy took off and I've never seen him since that night. 

          I didn't want to be protected, but I needed to be. 

          So I smiled at Keith and patted his shoulder. "Every girl wants a guy to sweep her off her feet. Even if she shuts you out now, she'll slowly warm up to you if you be patient." I told him as the both of us slowly went back to join the others. 

          "What were you and my girlfriend doing at the bathroom?" Jason asked, narrowing his eyes at the both of us. 

           "Illegal things, Carter." Keith stuck out his tongue out at Jason before collasping in his seat next to Myra. And I swear, I saw her smiled. 

Myra

          The food was terrible. The fact that the restaurant still had customers, was quite nerve-wrecking. Keith and Alison had came back from their private little talk at the bathroom entrance. Perhaps it was the fact that Keith was the only person who sent me smiles made me felt even more relieved when he came back to join us. 

          His arm wrapped around my shoulder as he leaned in closer to me a bit. "Hey, how's the food? You barely touched it." He raised both his eyebrows as he took the fork from my hand, sending electricity through me as his skin made contact with me. He stabbed a meatball and put it to his mouth. After seeing his disgusted face and unable to control my laughter anymore, I started laughing as Keith quickly spitted out the meatball. "I made you laugh..." My laughter stopped as I looked at him. 

          "Yeah, you're funny." I replied, offering a smile to him. Keith looked surprised as his eyes scanned through my face. 

          "You know what guys? I'm going to take Miss Hart here somewhere. You guys just continue on." Keith announced before standing up and pulling me along towards the entrance. I craned my neck to look at the others, realizing that all of them were smiling at us like crazy. My cheeks flushed as I let myself be dragged out of the restaurant by the blonde. 

          "Where are we going?" I asked Keith who was dragging me towards the ice-skating place we've just been earlier. 

           "I'm going to teach you ice-skating." 

          Unbelievable. I've always known that Keith Westwood came from a rich family, but I never knew he had the power to ask the person to close the ring so it was only both me and him. As I stood in the middle of the ring, I look at Keith who was skating around me like a pro. "Come on, we both know you already found your balance. Try skating like how I taught you! And if you fall, I'll catch you." He said, and I knew I could trust him. 

          I sighed, stuffing my hands in my pockets. "I lied about something." I told Keith, causing him to stop skating and look at me. "I know how to skate." 

          "Oh, why didn't you say so in the first place?" 

          "Because the first person who taught me how to skate died." I quickly bit my lip, mentally cursing at myself for telling him so much. Too much. Now that I had finally face my past, I could feel the weight on my shoulders being lifted. Keith skated over to me and stopped a few inches in front of me. "He was my first boyfriend and I loved him. He taught me what it's like to be happy." 

          Without expecting it, Keith pulled my close into a hug. I never tasted perfection in my life, but being in Keith's embrace, hearing his heartbeat, listening to his breathing with my head close to his chest, I realized that was the most perfect moment in life. "I'm sorry." He said, but he didn't pull away. 

          "I think I'm falling for you." 

Alison

          "What do you think is happening with Keith and Myra? He hasn't call me yet!" I complained as I stared at my phone. I was cuddling next to Jason at the couch as 'The Vow' was playing on the TV screen. What can I say? I was a sucker for romance films, plus The Vow was practically my favorite movie. 

          "How about you just keep quiet and watch the movie? Keith is not a child." Jason said, rolling his eyes before focusing his attention back on the telly. I frowned, still worried about that particular blonde. 

          "I wonder why Keith wants a person like her though." Jason frowned at me like he disagreed.

          "Says the girl who broke up with me."

          "You're never going to let that one go, will you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

           "Nope. But Alison, you shouldn't judge Myra like that. Cut her some slack, she has a sad past." A sad past? "Her boyfriend, the only person who ever loved her, died in an accident." Jason explained. All of a sudden, all the hatred I had towards her vanish and I sunk back in my seat, feeling like the worst person on earth.

          "She deserves Keith." I whispered to myself before feeling a vibrate in my pocket. I fished out my phone and realized I had a text message from Keith.

          I love her.

A/N: Hey guys! Next chapter would be the last chapter :( But it's alright! I have a special story just for you guys coming up after All About Us. It's called 'Mixed Signals'! For those that follow me on Twitter, you guys had probably knew about this. Anyways, try and check out DarkNiteLover's story, Angel With A Shotgun! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...