The Calm Before the Storm (1)

By untitled_145

Melina and her twin brother Max have had anything but an easy life, from dealing with their drug addicted mot... More

Characters Pt.1
Characters Pt.2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 28

9.1K 240 88
By untitled_145

 Melina's pov-

It's been a few days since River and I had gotten home.

I've been in my room the entire time, I haven't eaten or slept, I haven't seen anyone in four days. I've kept my door locked, they've all tried to get me to open it but it was no use.

I need to get out of this room, out of this fucking house, away from everyone and everything.

I went into my closet and got changed, I then went out to my balcony and jumped. I ran to my bike and hopped on, it was the middle of the night so I doubt they would even notice I was gone.

Melina's outfit-

I drove to one of my favorite running trails and decided to simply embrace the cold weather. I still had losoro in my system but it was finally starting to wear off.

I underestimated how fucking cold it was gonna be, jesus my tits are going to freeze off.

I ran down the snowy path admiring the beautiful moon in front of me. I was absolutely mesmerized by the snow covered trees that were sparkling in the moonlight. It was like a scene out of a movie, it was stunning.

( What I imagine.)

I ran for about two hours before I decided to stop, I laid down in the snow and looked up at the beautiful starry sky.

" Hey princess." I shot up and saw Seth standing above me.

" Seth?" What the hell is he doing here?

" In the flesh." he said playfully as he sat down in the snow next to me.

" What're you doing out here princess?" he asked as he played with the snow beside him.

" On a run." I said as I laid back down to look at the sky.

" Me too, I like to go on this path cause not a lot of people know about it." he said as he started playing with my hair.

" It's beautiful out here." I said mindlessly, " It is." he agreed as he continued to stare at me and fiddle with my hair.

" Where's your jacket? It's - 3 outside, are you fucking mad?!" he said once he realized I was just in a sports bra and leggings.

" Didn't bring one." I said as I shrugged my shoulders slightly.

" Sit up." he said strictly, " Why?" I asked.

" Please just do it." I did as he asked and I sat up.

" Raise your arms."

" No."

" Now," he said in a serious tone, not in the mood to argue. I lifted my arms up, when I did he took off his hoodie and slipped it over me.

" I really don't need it, now you're gonna be cold." I said, I felt bad now he was in a long sleeve.

" Don't worry about it princess, as long as you're warm." He said with a smile as he pulled me closer to him.

" SETH?!" I heard someone shout.

I looked over at Seth, " Who's that?" I asked as I heard footsteps.

" Noah, we were on a run together." he explained as he looked ahead waiting for Noah to pop out of the trees.

"Jesus man, why'd you disappear on me like that?" he said as he started making his way towards us.

" I saw someone laying on the ground and decided to check it out." he said, Noah looked at me closely as he got closer, " Angel?" he asked.

" What the hell are you doing out here?" he asked as he came and sat down on the opposite side of me.

" I was on a run."

" This late?" he asked, looking slightly concerned.

" You do realize you're doing the exact same thing right?" I asked in a duh tone.

" I know but I didn't come out here alone. You really shouldn't be out in the middle of nowhere by yourself, it's not safe." he said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

" I'm not worried about it." I said casually. I don't know why they all suddenly have nicknames for me, especially considering I don't really know any of them.

" Do your brothers know you're here?" Seth asked.

" No." I answered truthfully.

" How'd you get here?" Noah asked.

" I took my bike."

" In this weather, are you insane?!" Seth said, I could hear a bit of anger in his voice but it quickly disappeared.

" Why're you wearing his hoodie?" Noah asked as he gently tugged on the sleeve of the hoodie.

" When I found her she only had workout clothes on." Seth answered before I could.

" Angel, why didn't you wear a coat?" He asked as he gently put his index finger under my chin and turned my face to face him.

" I forgot it."

" Baby, you can't just forget things like that, you're gonna get sick," he said. Did he just call me baby, tf.

" We're giving you a ride home, I don't want you riding a motorcycle when the roads are this icy." Seth said as he stood up and held his hand out for me to grab. I ignored his hand and stood up, " I'll be fine." I said coldly.

" It's not up for discussion, your brothers will kill us if anything happens to you." Noah said as he linked arms with me and Seth linked his arm with my other arm.

They led me back to their car, it was a long ass walk but it was worth it because I got to spend more time looking at the beautiful scenery in front of me.

" You're not much of a talker are you?" Seth asked as he un-linked our arms and snaked his arms around my waist as we walked over a patch of ice.

" You do realize I can walk on my own right?" I asked if my voice had a bit of an attitude in it.

" I know princess, I just don't want you to fall." he said as he shot me a warm smile, I rolled my eyes playfully and decided not to push him further.

" Your brother told us about what happened, or at least what they know so far." Noah said rather suddenly, I didn't say anything in response I just kept walking.

" We saw the video of you torturing Alexi, your methods are- interesting." Seth said not knowing the right word to describe it.

" He got what he deserved." I said firmly.

" I don't doubt that." Noah said.

The rest of the walk consisted of Seth and Noah talking to me about random things, trying to get me to talk more. Once we reached their car I hopped in the backseat and rested my head against the cold window.

Noah got into the driver's seat and I was expecting Seth to get in next to him but instead I heard the back door open and he slid in next to me.

I turned and shot him a question, " Trust me with Noah's driving, it's safer if I'm back here." he said playfully.

It was about a two hour drive, it was now four in the morning and we were only an hour into the drive. Seth had fallen asleep with his head on my shoulder, the ride was silent except for the sound of wind coming from the window I had rolled down.

" How're you not freezing?" Noah asked as he looked at me in the mirror.

" I'm sorry, are you cold?" I said as I went to roll up the window.

" No no no, it's fine, keep it down." he said as he started to roll back down for me.

" I just don't get cold easily." I answered his previous question.

" You're weird." he said jokingly, I shrugged and turned my attention back outside.

The next hour went by pretty quickly. Once we arrived at my house I gently ran my finger through Seth's hair in an attempt to wake him up, and to be honest his hair is really fluffy and I really wanted to touch it.

"Mmmmm." he whined as he snuggled further into my side.

I flicked him in the forehead, " Wake up idiot." I said as I tried to pull away from him, which resulted in him wrapping his arms around my torso.

" Wanna get your friend off of me?" I asked as I looked up to Noah for help.

" No, I'm good." he said as he took his phone out and snapped a picture of us.

" Why'd you take a picture?" I asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

" Because you two look adorable." he said as he smiled at the picture he took.

" Melina?" I heard someone call out as they tapped on the window, I looked over and saw Dean looking at me confused.

He opened the door, " What're you doing?" he asked as I pried Seth off of me and stepped out of the car.

" I went for a run and they offered me a ride back."

" I thought you were still in your room." he said as he looked in the car at the two boys.

" Nope."

" Princesses, come back." Seth whined as he patted the now empty seat, Dean looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

" Don't look at me, he just started calling me." I said as I walked past him and into the house.

" Thanks for the ride!" I shouted from the doorway before I closed the door.

" Melina, why'd you leave without telling anyone?" he asked seriously.

" Didn't feel like it and I didn't want to wake anyone up."

" Melina, you cannot just leave without telling someone where you're going. You could've been taken again." he said, his anger quickly rising.

" I'm sorry." I said genuinely.

" Melina, we need to talk." he said seriously as he gestured towards his office.

I didn't argue, I simply walked up with him to his office and took a seat in the chair opposite to him.

" Melina, I need you to tell me about what happened."

" Why, they're both dead so why does it matter?" I asked defensively.

" Because they hurt you, and I want to make sure you're okay but I can't do that if I don't know what happened," he explained calmly.

" What do you want to know?"

" Why'd they take you?" he asked as he leaned back into his chair.

" I'm not sure, I think part of it was to fuck with you guys and the other part was because Adam wanted me back."

" River said they hurt you, how?"

" They beat me, they had a lot of fun cutting me up with different kinds of knives, they burnt me, chained me up, starved me, ect." I answered somewhat vaguely, I didn't want to go into too much detail.

" Anything else," he asked expectantly.

" No." I answered rather casually.

" Melina." he said in a warning tone, " I know it's hard to talk about but I need you to tell me." he practically begged.

" Why, you clearly already know." I scoffed.

" River said someone hurt you ' down there' , is that true?" he asked hesitantly , his voice was quiet.

" They raped me, you don't need to beat around the bush." I said calmly.

" Melly." he whimpered as tears started to drop from his eyes.

" It's fine." I tried to stop the tears from falling but it didn't work, I felt the tears as they started to stream down my face.

" No honey, it's not, what they did to you is not okay, you are not okay." he said as he stood up and came around to the other side of the desk.

" Can I hug you, please?" he asked hopefully, I slowly nodded my head yes as I stood up. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, I could feel his tears falling into my hair.

" I love you so fucking much and I am so sorry this happened to you. I know I failed to protect you but it'll never happen again, I will keep you safe no matter what."

" Promise?" I asked softly as I buried my face into his shirt.

" I promise." he whispered into my hair.

" And you didn't fail, you couldn't have stopped them and if it weren't for you guys I'd still be with them." I said out of complete honesty.

" I love you Dean."

" I love you too, Mels."

After Dean and I had a talk I went upstairs to take a nap, I was exhausted. I slept for a good five hours before River came to wake me up.

" Nina" River whispered as he poked me in the face.

" Wake uuuuuup." he whispered as he shook me back and forth.

" Yes?" I questioned.

" Can we watch a movie?" he asked as he hopped up onto the bed next to me.

" Sure." I said as I opened my arms and he eagerly crawled into them and snuggled into my side.

" Did I hear the movie?" Max said as his head popped into the doorway, I smiled and held my other arm open for him. He ran over and jumped into the bed next to me and wrapped his arms around my torso.

" I missed you Melly." he said as he smiled up at me.

" I missed you too, Maxy." We stayed like this for about two hours. We put on some random kids' movie for River to watch. Half way through the second movie River fell asleep.

" They raped you, didn't they?" he blurted out, once he knew River was asleep.

" Yeah." I sighed.

" I love you." he said as he hugged me tighter.

" I love you too."

" You need to eat something Mels, you haven't eaten in days."

" I know, I will."

" Everyone's really worried about you. I really hate it when you shut everyone out like this."

" I'm sorry Maxy, I just don't know how to deal with everything that happened and it seemed like the easiest thing to do. I just don't know what to do, I'm trying so hard to not let it affect me but I can't help it. Every time someone gets to close I can't help but feel uncomfortable, I flinch when someone gets to close, it just- it feels like I'm a fucking kid again, I feel so helpless. '' I said truthfully.

" Melly, you are not helpless, and the way you're feeling is completely normal. It's going to take time for you to be able to get back to how you were before, what you went through was traumatic. Just know that we're all here for you, we're here to help you through this and you're not alone. It's going to be hard and it's probably going to suck but we're gonna get through this, okay?" he grabbed my hand and gave it a loving squeeze.

" Okay." I replied as I squeezed his hand back.

A little while later Max and I fell asleep.

I woke up about two hours later and saw all of my brothers sprawled out on my bed/ floor, even Dean was curled up on the bed.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please let me know if you see any mistakes, especially spelling and grammar.

I'll see you in the next chapter!

Word count- 2752

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983K 31.2K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
45.6K 797 36
"izzy!" summer screamed in my ear as I smile at the chaos we have caused "hm?" i hummed in reply turning to her panicked face "it's the-" she starts...
lost love By mfjazzy

Teen Fiction

4.2K 140 33
Carmella living in London with her abusive step dad thinking life could not get any worse after her mum died the only person she thought every truly...
1.5M 38.8K 42
Used to be 'never underestimate the broken' Isabella is a independent, intelligent, food loving fifteen year old with a rocky past. When she's finall...