Chapter 9

Melina's pov-

I checked the time on my phone, shit, fifth period starts soon. Theo was still asleep on my chest, he usually gets pretty tired after having an anxiety attack.

" The bell is gonna go off soon, do you think we should wake him?" I asked looking up at Silas.

" I think we should let him sleep, he hasn't really been sleeping lately."

" Do you know why?"

" No, I've just noticed the light on in his room."

I sighed, poor Theo, it's probably his anxiety keeping him up at night, he tends to overthink.

I heard the bell go off for the fifth period, I looked up to Silas, " You should go to class, I'll stay with him."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah, I'm sure."

I moved my head off of Silas's lap, he stood up and picked up his backpack, " Love you Melly, call me if anything happens."

" Love you too Si, and don't worry I will."

I stayed there with Theo laying on the grass under the bleachers for the rest of the day. I knew my brothers were going to be pissed about me missing class but Theo is more important to me than school.

I heard the dismissal bell go off, I watched as students flooded out of the building, the noise of the students slowly started to wake Theo up.

He stirred slightly before his eyes slowly opened, " Melly?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

" Hey Theo, how're you feeling?" I said in a soft voice with a warm smile on my face.

" Tired, what time is it?" he asked, snuggling back into me.

"2:30 ."

He lifted his head and looked at me, " Did you miss your classes?" he asked as a look of guilt flashed through his eyes.

" Yeah but it's okay, you're more important than some stupid classes."

" I'm sorry Melly, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

" It's okay Theo, I promise, I just want to make sure you're okay."

He snuggled his head back onto my chest, " Theo?"

" Yeah?"

" Why haven't you been sleeping?"

" Wha- how did you know?"

" Silas told me."

He sighed and buried his face between my breasts, " I don't know I just can't seem to turn my brain off lately, there are too many things to think about."

" Like what?"

" I don't know, I just feel like something bad is going to happen, I'm just scared I'm going to lose you guys."

" Baby, you're never going to lose us, I know that ever since what happened with your parents and your brother you're scared of people leaving, but I promise you we are never EVER going to leave you."

" I know but I can't help but worry."

" I know Theo, but I promise we're not going anywhere."

" Can you stay with me tonight Melly?"

" Always."

" I love you."

" I love you too Theo."

" As much as I love laying here with you Theo, we should probably get up, my brothers are probably looking for me."

" Do we have to?" he whined, burying his face deeper between my breasts.