𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 • avenge...

By hiraaeth_

[COMPLETED] pain is what drives the shattered-minded AVENGERS AU ... More

DISCLAIMER!
𒊹︎ 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𒊹︎
𝙇𝙊𝙍𝙀
༒𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 1༒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
1- Cold
2- The Twins
3- Annihilation
4- Confrontation
5- The Vision
6- "Holy Shit Are We Flying?"
7- The Pain of Loss
9- Welcome To The Team
༒𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 2༒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
10- HYDRA
11- Abstruce
12- Accident
13- The Accords
14- Another One Bites The Dust
15- Bucky
16- Break-Out
17- The Airport
18- December 16th, 1991
19- Wakanda
20- Fugitives
21- Little Boy
22- "Hello Peter"
23- New Beginnings
BOOK 2 OUT NOW!

8- Victory...For some

1K 26 10
By hiraaeth_

New Avengers Facility
Upstate New York
....

Nadia stared out the window of the room the avengers put her in. It's been four days since the battle with Ultron, the destruction of sokovia...

...And the death of her brother.

The teenage girl had changed into a red sweater with jeans, her dark hair out and messy. Her mind was numb, his death still fresh in her mind. She didn't even react when she was brought to America, the country she's been wanting to go to since she was little.

A knock on the door broke her out of her mind, she sighed before speaking up weakly "Come in".

The door opened, revealing her sister. Wanda gave her a broken smile "Can I come in?" She asked.

Nadia nodded, giving her a small smile in return "Of course...".

Wanda stepped inside and closed the door behind her. She walked to the bed her younger sister was on before pulling her into an embrace.

The warmth of her sister almost made Nadia broke, tears starting to well up in her eyes as she burrowed her face in her sister's neck.

They were quiet for a moment, enjoying each other's embrace, until Wanda was the one to break the silence "How are you sleeping?"

Nadia snorted into her shoulder "Who said I was?".

Wanda sighed before pulling back to look into her eyes "Nadia, I love you. And because I love you I'm going to tell you that you have to take care of yourself".

"How can I knowing that it's my fault that Pietro's dead" Nadia says bleakly, her eyes showing the pain she was trying to hide.

Wanda shook her head "That's not true".

"-It is!" Nadia outburst. Her outburst had released a blow of her energy and knocked all the things off her dresser, moving her desk slightly as well.

Wanda looks back at what she moved, then back at her sister in concern "It isn't. Pietro made the decision to save those people on his own".

"He wouldn't even be there if I let him stay with me!"
She exclaimed, tears flowing down her cheeks "H-He was worried and didn't want to leave me alone, but I forced him to go. I-It's because of me that he...that h-he" She choked up on her sobs, almost close to breaking.

Wanda quickly goes back to her before cupping her sister's cheeks with her hands "Nadia, listen to me; what happened to Pietro is not your fault, and it never will be. Do you think he would want you to blame yourself over something you had no control of?".

Nadia whimpered, another tear fall down her cheek before shaking her head in her sister's hands.

Wanda gave her a soft smile, her own eyes tearing up "He didn't leave us alone; he left us with each other, and now the avengers. He was proud of you, Nadia. Proud of you convincing my stubborn self, and proud of you for staying strong after you...were taken from us"

The older sister sighed, tucking a strand of Nadia's hair before continuing "His death did not go in vain, now he's  happy with mama and papa..." Wanda forced herself not to let tears flow down, trying to stay strong for her sister.

Listening her words, Nadia started to calm down. She exhaled and smiled "Thank you Wanda".

Wanda's smile slightly faltered as she sighed, siting back down on the bed with a small frown "There is also something I need to tell you..."

Nadia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, sitting next to her sister "What is it? What's wrong?".

She took a deep breath, looking down at her fingers before talking "I can't stay."

"W-What? Why can't you?"

"Because me and...Pietro were both working for Ultron, I was charged with 'crimes against humanity'; but because we ended up teaming with the avengers and helping end ultron and save the people of sokovia, and because of Stark vouching for me, I made a deal with them".

Confused by what she was trying to say, Nadia pressed on further "Who?"

"The United Nations" Wanda replied, finally looking up to meet her sister's eyes "They gave me two options; either join the avengers, as a way to redeem myself; or, because i'm twenty, leave the united states and become a full-citizen...in Belgium, while fully monitoring me to make sure i'm not doing any illegal activities."

Nadia sniffled and looked down "And you chose to leave?".

"I can't be a superhero Nadia, you know that. I just...It would be too much after loosing Pietro. I need some type of calmness in my life" Wanda said in desperation.

Nadia didn't know how to reply to her before she realized her sisters words "W-Wait...if your leaving where will?-"

"Here, your gonna stay here under the protection and supervision of the Avengers" Wanda said.

"Why can't I go with you?" The young girl asked, slightly hurt that her only family member alive was leaving her.

Wanda took her hands with Nadia's "I can't give you the life you deserve. The Avengers are more than happy to welcome you into the team. They can give you a home, food, saftey, and even teach you how to control your powers. You'll be doing what you've been wanting to do; redeem yourself".

Even though she didn't want to admit it, what her sister said made sense; but Nadia didn't like the idea of being away from her.

She pushed away her selfish thoughts and gave her a smile, gently nudging her shoulder "So your leaving poor old me here" She lightheartedly joked.

Wanda snorted a chuckle "I'll call you every week okay? I'll try not to be too annoying".

They both smiled at each other before hugging tightly. Nadia ignored the pain in her heart as her sister pulled back, sending her a small smile "I love you".

"I love you too".

Wanda released her from her embraced and walked out the room.

Nadia was about to break again, watching her sister walk out before she notices another built figure leaning against her doorframe; Steve Rogers.

Steve stares at her "You alright?".

Nadia sighs before sitting back down on her bed "I think I've been asked that question at least..eight times today" She says, groaning.

Steve let's out an amused huff before lifting himself off of the doorframe and walking over to her "And how many times have you answered truthfully?".

The young girl frowned and looked down at her fingers "None...".

Sitting down next to her, Steve hums "Then I'll be your first, that is if you want to".

Nadia looks up and looks at Steve, staring at him for a moment before looking away and down at the floor "My sister is leaving, and I'm in pain, Steve".

"From loosing your brother?".

"I've been in pain long before that" She replies, her voice turning colder as she goes deep into her memories.

"Loosing my parents, being kidnapped by HYDRA and experimented on. I became used to pushing down my emotions, ignoring the..pain I would feel. Then Pietro died, and everything just..exploded".

Sadness washed over Steve as he listened to the young girl speak, her tone so broken. All he wanted to do is to make sure she's happy and give her the opportunity to have a normal life, but he knew he couldn't make the second part true because of what she was.

"HYDRA stripped me of my childhood. I've seen things that I can't unsee, those things had an impact to turning me into the person I am now. Even though I had no say or control there, I still feel like a horrible person" Nadia let out a dry chuckle "I sometimes forget how old I am, my over-maturity scares me".

Steve sighs "We can't erase the past, and we can't forget what we've seen and done; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't allow ourselves to grow from it" He shrugged "Before I even got the serum I was just this scrappy, skinny from Brooklyn"

"The serum changed me physically, yeah, but it also taught me something; you don't need to be hero to be a good person"

Steve's voice became low as he continued "My best friend Bucky was twice the man I ever was, and that was before he.." He paused and shook his head "He was good, and kept strong for me".

He turned to look back at Nadia's face "You could have held your grudge against Tony, decided to not help us; but instead you immediately placed your trust in us, in me, way before Sokovia. Despite those years at HYDRA you were able to keep your integrity".

Nadia raised up her eyes to meet Steve's. He sent her a smile before continuing "You were always a good person, Nadia; you were just a girl who's childhood was taken advantage of by many people" He placed a hand on her shoulder "Which is why we are all glad to have you here".

Giving him the look of uncertainty, Nadia looked at him and slightly tilted her head "Really? You guys don't mind?"

Steve shakes his head "Sweetheart, you're only sixteen. We weren't just gonna let you go on your own without anyone. And besides; it's only been six days but i'm pretty sure most of the team have already warmed up to you".

Feeling a little more uplifted, Nadia sits up straighter and gives Steve a smile "Thanks Steve".

"Don't mention it kid, we got your back" He states, patting her shoulder.

Before he could get up, he's stopped by Nadia's voice "Wait Steve, there is something I need to tell you".

Furrowing his brows, he scans her face "What is it?".

Nadia exhales harshly "I...knew your friend Barnes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 82.9K 39
❝Do you feel like a young god?❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [thor - age of ultron] [book one of ?] [CURRENTLY EDITING]
320K 8.1K 42
A strained relationship between an enhanced human avenger and the god of mischief. This is the story of Kathleen and Loki💗 •• COMPLETE •• Do not rea...
84.7K 2.3K 34
Currently being edited/rewritten. (Chapters with written numbers {e.g. One} have been edited, actual numbers are TBC.) "I have this feeling in my hea...
232K 9.5K 122
~~~~ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯... 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴. ~~~~ Multiverse Series: Book 1 ⚠️~ MATURE THEMES ~⚠️ Lok...