14- Another One Bites The Dust

Nadia watched as Steve left the room. A rush of worry and concern for her mentor washed over her. Nadia quickly got up as well and left the room to find him. She stopped to look around for him, fortunately finding him leaning on the stair-railing and covering his face.

Nadia frowned and slowly walked up to him "Steve?..Are you alright?".

Steve quickly looked back up and gave the young girl a slightly broken smile "Yeah...yeah I'm alright kid".

Her frown remained on her face as she went to stand in front of him "You know you can't lie to me".

He scoffed "Why, because you can read minds?".

"No, because I know you" Nadia replied softly.

Steve held back tears as he looked up at her "The-uh...the girl that I loved...who was the only one I knew that was still alive when I got out of the ice, she passed away".

Nadia's faced dropped to a sorrow gaze "Oh my...Steve I'm so sorry" She said before engulfing him into a tight hug.

The soldier froze for a moment before recuperating her warm embrace. His heart-ache soothed slightly as he held the young girl.

In the year Steve's known the young girl, he's grown to care for her immensely. Training her to become a strong and memorable member of the avengers, watching her grown from being the closed off strictly-serious girl to a quippy and empathetic young woman, he couldn't be more prouder.

Steve care for Nadia outshone everyone else's. He still blamed himself secretly for not finding her sooner, along with her siblings, and save her the years of torment HYDRA inflicted on her. He knew she still constantly doubted herself and her trust in her powers, but was proud that she was learning to control them despite her fear of them hurting someone.

He gave her a small squeeze before letting Nadia go "She was the only one from my time that was still here. When I found out she was alive...I was just lucky to have her".

Nadia nodded and gave him a smile "Knowing how cool you are, I'm pretty sure she was happy that she still had you" She quipped.

A light smile played on Steve's face "She would've liked you, in some ways you would've reminded her of herself" He sighed "Her funeral is tomorrow, in England. I'm flying out there tonight".

Nodding, the young girl looked up at him "You want me to come?".

Steve shook his head "No it's okay, Sam will come with me. I want you to focus on what your going to decide to do with the accords".

Nadia lightly groaned "Don't remind me of that, 'accords talk' makes me queasy".

The soldier sighed and looked out the large glass window "Your not the only one".

...
2 Days Later

Nadia laid down on her bed staring at the ceiling. Steve and Sam had went to London for Peggy Carter's funeral. Natasha, Rhodey and Stark all went to Vienna for the signing of the Accords.

Because Nadia didn't make a choice yet, Stark sternly told her to stay at the compound. She knew it was because of her indecisiveness and her being on the bad side of public media at the moment, but Nadia couldn't help but secretly feel that it was also because he was afraid she would explode again.

So now here she was, in the avengers compound with the stoic android; Vision.

The sound of her phone beeping caught her attention. She grabbed and it looked only to see it had been another voicemail from Micky. She sighed and pressed play to hear it.